• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know if you also get 1% rewards on the purchase of DVC when using the Disney Visa if you also use the 0% for 6mos offer?
Yes, you do still get the 1% while enjoying the 6-months 0%. 1% on the base card and I think it'd be 2% on the Premier card (we've got the base Disney card).

Does anyone know if you also get 1% rewards on the purchase of DVC when using the Disney Visa if you also use the 0% for 6mos offer?
Yes you get 1% also with the 0%. I upgraded from the regular Disney Chase card to the Premier one since the extra 1% will offset the $49 annual fee with such a large purchase of a DVC contract.

Does the $1,500 off for a future booking only work for existing members adding on? am looking at buying for the first time, wanting 225-250 points and had considered resale until I saw these new offers, but it’s not clear whether they only apply to existing members.

if they do I wonder about buying a small contract first resale but would it close by the time this offer ends? We plan to go next August

Does the $1,500 off for a future booking only work for existing members adding on? am looking at buying for the first time, wanting 225-250 points and had considered resale until I saw these new offers, but it’s not clear whether they only apply to existing members.

if they do I wonder about buying a small contract first resale but would it close by the time this offer ends? We plan to go next August
I didn’t ask but my guide told me it was the first time they had done a welcome home discount for existing members when I asked him about the promotion.

I really feel like part of this round of incentives is a tacit admission that they made DVC too expensive. I wonder where it means for DVC in the fall.

I didn’t ask but my guide told me it was the first time they had done a welcome home discount for existing members when I asked him about the promotion.

I really feel like part of this round of incentives is a tacit admission that they made DVC too expensive. I wonder where it means for DVC in the fall.

It definitely seems they are now understand that pricing, in the end, is what will drive sales more than anything else that they do...and the even something like restrictions can be overlooked if they find the sweet spot for pricing the active resorts!

It definitely seems they are now understand that pricing, in the end, is what will drive sales more than anything else that they do...and the even something like restrictions can be overlooked if they find the sweet spot for pricing the active resorts!
Yup. Current incentives run til 9/11, but can someone refresh me on how sold out RR and VGF are?

Just chatted with my guide. He confirmed the price and that my December reservation applies for the discount. Asked if I could wait until July to proceed (my use year is August) and he mentioned that while the promotions could end without notice, I should be fine waiting until next month.

I know they don’t have all the info, but I’ll wait anyways. It gives me more time to think more about it and be closer to my UY. I wasn’t planning on adding points now, so if I miss it maybe it’s a good thing :-)

Well these incentives got me. $161 for a 150 point Grand Floridian contract is just too good to pass up. Guide agreed that these are very good incentives and that Disney is probably trying to stay competitive with resale.
It's crazy good and what's even crazier to me is the $/pt is the same at 150 and 200 points ($161/pt after MB). Last round of incentives had a steep bend that convinced me to buy the extra 50 to 200 even though we just wanted to blue-card at 150. If I were doing it today then I'd just stop at 150. Odd strategy by DVD.

Well these incentives got me. $161 for a 150 point Grand Floridian contract is just too good to pass up. Guide agreed that these are very good incentives and that Disney is probably trying to stay competitive with resale.
I think it’s an amazing deal, but I think it has less to do with staying competitive with resale (because resale will just keep dropping as they lower prices) and more with the hard truth that at 5% fed funds rate, and current incentive prices, they don’t have enough buyers who can afford the prices at the volumes they need to sell points to finish selling VGF before Poly 2 opens— and now, with the tourism market weakening at WDW (and presumably Hawaii?), they (presumably) can’t just rent all the unsold units at rack rates.

VDH seems to be selling pretty briskly but it is the ONLY option right now in CA—there was a ton of outcry over pricing and restrictions. I suspect Disney is worried that if VGF is still an option (right next door!!) and Poly 2 is restricted and its own tower resort, they will see many people balk at buying a restricted resort and go to VGF instead.

Same boat! Just got off the phone with my guide and this will be me signing the contract. The last add-on, I keep telling myself.:rotfl2:
ariel_signing_the_contract_by_arielfan90-d8ihdfo-png.jpg

It's crazy good and what's even crazier to me is the $/pt is the same at 150 and 200 points ($161/pt after MB). Last round of incentives had a steep bend that convinced me to buy the extra 50 to 200 even though we just wanted to blue-card at 150. If I were doing it today then I'd just stop at 150. Odd strategy by DVD.
Yup! I was trying to figure out the funds for the 200 points and ultimately said I just couldn't do it and was prepared to continue with my blue card FOMO. But now I'm seriously thinking again. One thing holding me back is that as a Florida resident, I have to wonder what the value of that card is since I don't need it to get the discounted AP. And as a "local" how many points do I really need? (Though do any of us "need" any at all?!?!)

Yup! I was trying to figure out the funds for the 200 points and ultimately said I just couldn't do it and was prepared to continue with my blue card FOMO. But now I'm seriously thinking again. One thing holding me back is that as a Florida resident, I have to wonder what the value of that card is since I don't need it to get the discounted AP. And as a "local" how many points do I really need? (Though do any of us "need" any at all?!?!)
At least as a Florida Resident, it wouldn't be too hard to make it over to WDW for a moonlight magic only visit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I talked to a new guide this morning. She was great. ( the one I had last year never had an answer or had the wrong answer)

I am adding on 150pts divided into two 75pts contracts. I can’t sign until next week though. I plan on using my Disney visa and then just paying it off, but when I went to grab it out of my drawer I couldn’t find it. I called Chase and they are going to expedite a new card. As soon as it arrives those points and the Y on my membership will be mine!

Taking advantage of magical beginnings, selling back Oct 2022 points. Also getting the welcome home incentive. We have a stay at Aulani in Nov. and she said that is fine.

I talked to a new guide this morning. She was great. ( the one I had last year never had an answer or had the wrong answer)

I am adding on 150pts divided into two 75pts contracts. I can’t sign until next week though. I plan on using my Disney visa and then just paying it off, but when I went to grab it out of my drawer I couldn’t find it. I called Chase and they are going to expedite a new card. As soon as it arrives those points and the Y on my membership will be mine!

Taking advantage of magical beginnings, selling back Oct 2022 points. Also getting the welcome home incentive. We have a stay at Aulani in Nov. and she said that is fine.
So all the benefits of a 150 point add on and only having to pay 2 closing cost fees? I believe I saw $842 for 150 VGF points quoted on the DVC site and hoping you don't have to pay that twice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter