Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I talked to a new guide this morning. She was great. ( the one I had last year never had an answer or had the wrong answer)

I am adding on 150pts divided into two 75pts contracts. I can’t sign until next week though. I plan on using my Disney visa and then just paying it off, but when I went to grab it out of my drawer I couldn’t find it. I called Chase and they are going to expedite a new card. As soon as it arrives those points and the Y on my membership will be mine!

Taking advantage of magical beginnings, selling back Oct 2022 points. Also getting the welcome home incentive. We have a stay at Aulani in Nov. and she said that is fine.
That’s great! Does your guide say specifically that after the first payment, your membership will show up as DVC-Y? I’m wondering how long this will take so that we can use the discount and lounge at Disneyland in July.

So all the benefits of a 150 point add on and only having to pay 2 closing cost fees? I believe I saw $842 for 150 VGF points quoted on the DVC site and hoping you don't have to pay that twice!
I also split my purchase into 2 75 point contracts, but opted to waive the title insurance since it's a direct purchase. My guide quoted an additional $300 for the second set of closing costs.

So all the benefits of a 150 point add on and only having to pay 2 closing cost fees? I believe I saw $842 for 150 VGF points quoted on the DVC site and hoping you don't have to pay that twice!
You don't have to pay the full closing cost. Some of the closing cost is based on purchase price (taxes, title insurance--which does have a min cost though), so splitting into two contracts makes those components no more expensive. There are some closing costs that are flat fees (document prep fees, etc) which you would essentially duplicate.

I like others in this thread waived title insurance on a direct purchase, which is a bulk of the closing costs, and only paid about 300-500 more in closing costs, which was more beneficial to me since I was buying Riviera and wanted smaller contracts (50 point contracts) in case I ever needed to sell as those sell for a premium usually, and would be more inviting to someone buying a contract at a resort where the points can only work there.

So sometimes there are good reasons to split the contract up like this.

It's crazy good and what's even crazier to me is the $/pt is the same at 150 and 200 points ($161/pt after MB). Last round of incentives had a steep bend that convinced me to buy the extra 50 to 200 even though we just wanted to blue-card at 150. If I were doing it today then I'd just stop at 150. Odd strategy by DVD.
It makes me think there are only so many dollars to go around, and they are eager to move those 150 point contracts. That also makes me think, they are actively trying to recruit people who don’t have blue-card benefits. 150 is definitely the sweet spot on this round of incentives. To buy anything lower is almost silly, and the higher ones don’t offer as major incentives.

Yup! I was trying to figure out the funds for the 200 points and ultimately said I just couldn't do it and was prepared to continue with my blue card FOMO. But now I'm seriously thinking again. One thing holding me back is that as a Florida resident, I have to wonder what the value of that card is since I don't need it to get the discounted AP. And as a "local" how many points do I really need? (Though do any of us "need" any at all?!?!)
We have had this debate many times. At these prices, I feel I am more buying the ability to do a few things:
1. Stay on the Boardwalk with points after 2042 and any future resorts - which for us, is a considerable amount of time as we are likely to be active and in membership until at least 2064.
2. Attend some special events
3. Snag “a couple” more discounts
4. Have an insurance policy that we can have an AP if we ever leave Florida and want to - we can renew into Incredi

Also, right now, there aren’t any VGF contracts I have seen competitive with direct pricing, though that may change over the next few weeks.

Yep, there are two sets of closing costs. I’m just thinking of down the line in case my non Disney family no longer wants to go. Maybe I’ll keep 75pts for myself for weekends in a studio or something. I just like to keep my options open more than only have 150pts together.

That’s great! Does your guide say specifically that after the first payment, your membership will show up as DVC-Y? I’m wondering how long this will take so that we can use the discount and lounge at Disneyland in July.

Lol. Sorry, I didn’t ask how long it would take. We don’t have a trip until Nov. so I knew it would be before then. We are going to Aulani and I‘m looking forward to the sparkly wrist bands and free popcorn refills.

I was showing DVC-Y on my mobile card within a day or two after signing for our direct contract. This was even with split payments over 90 days. We had previously bought resale so were current members.

We have had this debate many times. At these prices, I feel I am more buying the ability to do a few things:
1. Stay on the Boardwalk with points after 2042 and any future resorts - which for us, is a considerable amount of time as we are likely to be active and in membership until at least 2064.
2. Attend some special events
3. Snag “a couple” more discounts
4. Have an insurance policy that we can have an AP if we ever leave Florida and want to - we can renew into Incredi

Also, right now, there aren’t any VGF contracts I have seen competitive with direct pricing, though that may change over the next few weeks.
For #1 I'll be in my 70s by the time 2042 comes around so not sure how "active" I'll be and no kids interested in taking this on, but yes to being able to stay at future resorts between now and then which could be restricted. #4 is the big one for me. Just not sure if this is all worth it for potentially only 20 years. For now, I haven't found that I run out of points with the resale contract I have, it's really all just FOMO and "what if". The carrot dangle is crazy and since VGF has the best dues around, and such a small difference buying direct over resale, that "insurance" is tempting me even more!

I also added on 150 points today. :goodvibes

We're splitting it via 100 and 50 point contracts, to increase point options if we decide to sell just one later. I've been wanting more Grand Floridian points for quite a while, but was waiting on the Poly tower as I've wanted 1- and 2-bedrooms at Poly for even longer. However, I don't like resale restrictions at all, and I figured this may be our last chance to buy a direct, restriction-free contract at a reasonable price, at a resort where I really wanted more points anyway.

Now I'm crossing my fingers that Poly 2 is part of the existing association (for our current Poly points), but I'm not holding my breath.

I also added on 150 points today. :goodvibes

We're splitting it via 100 and 50 point contracts, to increase point options if we decide to sell just one later. I've been wanting more Grand Floridian points for quite a while, but was waiting on the Poly tower as I've wanted 1- and 2-bedrooms at Poly for even longer. However, I don't like resale restrictions at all, and I figured this may be our last chance to buy a direct, restriction-free contract at a reasonable price, at a resort where I really wanted more points anyway.

Now I'm crossing my fingers that Poly 2 is part of the existing association (for our current Poly points), but I'm not holding my breath.
I can’t see how the wouldn’t put the Poly tower in the same association as the bungalows.

You don't have to pay the full closing cost. Some of the closing cost is based on purchase price (taxes, title insurance--which does have a min cost though), so splitting into two contracts makes those components no more expensive. There are some closing costs that are flat fees (document prep fees, etc) which you would essentially duplicate.

I like others in this thread waived title insurance on a direct purchase, which is a bulk of the closing costs, and only paid about 300-500 more in closing costs, which was more beneficial to me since I was buying Riviera and wanted smaller contracts (50 point contracts) in case I ever needed to sell as those sell for a premium usually, and would be more inviting to someone buying a contract at a resort where the points can only work there.

So sometimes there are good reasons to split the contract up like this.
Thank you for pointing that out about waiving title insurance on a direct purchase. I need to keep that in mind for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter