• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/Riviera_Member_Welcome.pdf
https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/Aulani_Member_Welcome.pdf

I didn't call at all but the document appears to exist for Aulani and Riviera which would lead me to believe yes. I don't actually know what VDH they are calling in the documents to know for sure.
Doesn't exist for Disneyland Hotel

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/VillasAtDisneyland_Member_Welcome.pdf <- Deadlink
https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/VillasAtDisneyland_Member_DeveloperCredit.pdf <- Alive for Add-ons

This morning I saw new listings from the board sponsor offering a stripped until Dec 2024 VGF contract for more than that. Feel sorry for any resale buyer at those prices.
Well you know what they always say… Disney captures the “informed” buyers, whereas resale sites snag the “uninformed” and “emotional” buyers…
😉😂

Last edited:
If I buy before my resale closes as a new member, I am basically losing $500 (after factoring in referral $500, is it easy to get?) in incentives vs. waiting until it closes?

This welcome home discount makes buying at RIV tempting. Can somebody remind me how many months you can split payments if using a Disney Visa?

This welcome home discount makes buying at RIV tempting. Can somebody remind me how many months you can split payments if using a Disney Visa?
I didn’t use a Disney visa but a regular card and I think I had payments at 0/30/60 days. I think you can go to 90 based on others in this thread

You can ask them to spread payments to 90 days. Guides will need approval and always say they may not be able. But all reports are they get it approved.

I talked to my guide. According to him, it needs approval for changing to December Use Year and there might not be any available December points if I buy it too late. Is the availability truly a concern now for VGF?

You can ask them to spread payments to 90 days. Guides will need approval and always say they may not be able. But all reports are they get it approved.
Current environment (4 DVC properties for sale, Disney stock price, economic forecasts) means that and any reasonable payment cc scheme/spreading out is getting approved. I can see Bob Iger himself stamping “approved”

Current environment (4 DVC properties for sale, Disney stock price, economic forecasts) means that and any reasonable payment cc scheme/spreading out is getting approved. I can see Bob Iger himself stamping “approved”

I agree but wanted others to know that guides will always say they don’t know if they can do it and will need to ask. My answer has always been, “I realize that but can you please try”.

Well you know what they always say… Disney captures the “informed” buyers, whereas resale sites snag the “uninformed” and “emotional” buyers…
😉😂
Used to be the opposite! But with all the new rules and restrictions coupled with some strong incentives, direct really seems to be catching up. Yes you can get sub $100/point contracts especially while ROFR sleeps but man we talking flagship gflo, OG VDH, and the (I might not understand it but I seem to be a minority) amazingly luxurious Rivera at great prices .

Used to be the opposite! But with all the new rules and restrictions coupled with some strong incentives, direct really seems to be catching up. Yes you can get sub $100/point contracts especially while ROFR sleeps but man we talking flagship gflo, OG VDH, and the (I might not understand it but I seem to be a minority) amazingly luxurious Rivera at great prices .
Our kids love taking the skyliner from Epcot to DHS so we pass RIV often, but have never actually been there to check it out. Your comment is inspiring me to try to stay there on a future trip with our direct points. EPCOT is my favorite Disney Park in the world and “amazingly luxurious” DVC property sounds pretty appealing. Do you have a sense of how long it takes to actually get on the skyliner at park close or right after the fireworks…some nights as we walk to BCV or Swan Dolphin the line stretches all the way down to the walk towards crescent lake.

Our kids love taking the skyliner from Epcot to DHS so we pass RIV often, but have never actually been there to check it out. Your comment is inspiring me to try to stay there on a future trip with our direct points. EPCOT is my favorite Disney Park in the world and “amazingly luxurious” DVC property sounds pretty appealing. Do you have a sense of how long it takes to actually get on the skyliner at park close or right after the fireworks…some nights as we walk to BCV or Swan Dolphin the line stretches all the way down to the walk towards crescent lake.
We have been in the line for the Skyliner at close, and to be honest, even when it looked really long, it moves continuously and we waited about 20 minutes from getting in line (it was over the bridge heading to BC at that point to being in a car on our way back to RIV.

We have waited for a bus back to some of the resorts just as long....especially when we watched fireworks from near the lagoon and had to walk back out the front over to the buses.

We also waited once when fireworks were over for about 20 minutes and walked slow and by the time we got to the Skyliner it was less than 10 minutes to get in a car.

When you do this, when do you get the points? At 90 days (after the final payment) or After you make the initial deposit and sign the documents?

We have been in the line for the Skyliner at close, and to be honest, even when it looked really long, it moves continuously and we waited about 20 minutes from getting in line (it was over the bridge heading to BC at that point to being in a car on our way back to RIV.

We have waited for a bus back to some of the resorts just as long....especially when we watched fireworks from near the lagoon and had to walk back out the front over to the buses.

We also waited once when fireworks were over for about 20 minutes and walked slow and by the time we got to the Skyliner it was less than 10 minutes to get in a car.
Thank you, Sandisw! 20m is not fun but not bad as a worst case crowd time…definitely faster than walking to the front and catching a bus. The walk to the front of the park can be brutal at the end of the night—but now that our kids just want to ride GOTG first and last thing (when we can make it work with VQ/ILL) the monorail resorts have become more appealing—but I personally like to end my day with a nice dinner and stroll around the lake, so being able to exit through the international gateway saves a lot of time and walking.

When you do this, when do you get the points? At 90 days (after the final payment) or After you make the initial deposit and sign the documents?
Points were available immediately upon signing. No waiting until closed or anything like that. It's like that car commercial, sign and drive!

Source: we're doing the 0/30/60/90 payment splits on our Disney Visa, so 6 months 0% on each installment.

I’m no skyliner expert as quite frankly I feel they are a bit tacky but it moves efficiently. I never waited more then 15 mins from getting in line (barring weather or stall in services no matter how long the line was. Imagine the pop line in the morning, riviera is still better then that and the pop line is fast too!

I stayed there once on points and once cash. I really wanted to love it and buy but the decor isn’t very Disney to me and I can see it aging very poorly. But there is no doubt it’s luxury and every dvc member and I dare say Disney fan should stay there at least once preferably now as it’s shiny and new.

Does anyone know if you also get 1% rewards on the purchase of DVC when using the Disney Visa if you also use the 0% for 6mos offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter