Summer 2018 itineraries released this week!

I dialed the moment it turned 8 am (EST) and just got "Experiencing high call volumn", now with greater than 15 minute wait (now 8:08 to even get that info). Can't imagine why!! We may be all having small coronaries this morning so keep the docs number on stand by for the aftershock effects. :D

Wonder if RCCL will release their summer 2018 tomorrow when DCL does.Interesting to compare as from what I can see they are the last hold out.
You'll have to wait awhile longer for Royal Caribbean. Here is the schedule: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Roya...17054855_Deployment_OpeningSchedule_Flyer.pdf

I just saw the first price listing on AquaDame's opening day thread -- over $10,000 for a Cat 5A for 2A1K -- OUCH! I am losing hope for my pricing for the 11-night!

I just saw the first price listing on AquaDame's opening day thread -- over $10,000 for a Cat 5A for 2A1K -- OUCH! I am losing hope for my pricing for the 11-night!
There are less expensive cabins! I almost always book an inside - except when price drops make a higher category not much more money. However, I also don't book the pricier DCL cruises.

I'm the one with that over 10K price tag and yes, it is OUCH! Not sure if we'll keep it or not!
Curious to see what the Iceland cruise is going to go for, no one has posted a price for that yet!

I agree I thought the 11 night might be a possibility, but if 7 night is over 10,000 I can only imagine what 4 more nights does to the price.

I'm the one with that over 10K price tag and yes, it is OUCH! Not sure if we'll keep it or not!
Curious to see what the Iceland cruise is going to go for, now one has posted a price for that yet!
Iceland cruise for us (3 guests) in a cat 5C (verandah) over $10k. OUCH is right. Very pricey.

$12K for 2A 1C:
Just Booked:

Disney Fantasy June 20 2018 11 Night Southern Caribbean

Cat 05B 2A1K $12,501.18 ($4,266/$4,266/$2,147) with insurance, gratuities, transportation and OBB. No Air
(OBB gives 10% discount on fares - i figure it offsets cost of insurance)

Curious to see what the Iceland cruise is going to go for, now one has posted a price for that yet!

We priced one of those out a couple of years ago and realized that we could never afford Disney for any specialty cruises. Other cruise lines who do those itineraries on a regular basis are much more in line with our budget. Someone else posted over $5,000 for a 7A on the 7-night British Isles Cruise. We only paid $2,000 more than that for the 12-night on Princess AND that was for 3 adults.

There are less expensive cabins! I almost always book an inside - except when price drops make a higher category not much more money. However, I also don't book the pricier DCL cruises.

Understood - but so far the pricing I'm seeing is extreme and comparing it to other cruise lines it is several hundred, if not a few thousand, more -- depending on the category and itinerary. Even the oceanview prices we were quoted last year were more than we could pay for a verandah on another cruise line for longer cruises. I feel bad for the loyal Disney cruisers who want to continue their tradition. And I don't hold out much hope that two more ships will lower or level off the pricing :sad2:

$12K for 2A 1C:

(OBB gives 10% discount on fares - i figure it offsets cost of insurance)

That's one of the quotes I'm waiting for -- and can already tell it will be out of our price range! Bummer.

New
Disney Fantasy June 30, 2018 11 night Southern Caribbean

Cat 8A 2A2K $14,085.16 ($4,367/$4,367/$2,486/$2,386)
No air, ins, transfers, pp gratuities or OBB.

UGH -- this is more than $1,000/night! Way too rich for our budget. Maybe the EBTA will be more in our line.

It is surprising this time around how fast people are getting through on the phone lines!

apparently, it gets worse:
Disney Fantasy June 30, 2018 11 night Southern Caribbean

Cat 8A 2A2K $14,085.16 ($4,367/$4,367/$2,486/$2,386)
No air, ins, transfers, pp gratuities or OBB.

ETA, looks like we posted at same time RedSox68

I'm planning on booking tomorrow. I've never been on a Disney cruise because I can never justify the pricing, but how will I know unless I try it once? I think a 4-5 day cruise might be a much less expensive way to judge this, but my wife just absolutely refuses any itinerary with Nassau in it. I'm determined to try it this one time, although I'm sure I'll book then cancel because Royal is 1/2 the price...

It is SO worth seeing Glacier Bay! We did our's on HAL, but loved it also because of the indoor pools and amenities.

We're going to go back to Alaska one day, but want the itinerary that HAL is offering that includes Sitka, Homer, Kodiak and Victoria.
I can't find that itinerary on Hal. Do you know when they are offering it?

I can't find that itinerary on Hal. Do you know when they are offering it?

It is listed as an explorer cruise -- round-trip from Seattle for 14 days. Do the search with those requirements and it should come up. It is offered throughout the spring and summer into September.

I'm planning on booking tomorrow. I've never been on a Disney cruise because I can never justify the pricing, but how will I know unless I try it once? I think a 4-5 day cruise might be a much less expensive way to judge this, but my wife just absolutely refuses any itinerary with Nassau in it. I'm determined to try it this one time, although I'm sure I'll book then cancel because Royal is 1/2 the price...

When broken down by per night pricing, a shorter cruise may come in cheaper price-wise, but not a reasonable fare overall compared to other lines. And I am with your wife on the Nassau thing -- one of our least favorite ports (that and Acapulco).

When broken down by per night pricing, a shorter cruise may come in cheaper price-wise, but not a reasonable fare overall compared to other lines. And I am with your wife on the Nassau thing -- one of our least favorite ports (that and Acapulco).
We always stay on the boat in Nassau!

We've been there a few times and I have to agree with her.

Yes, you're right, Disney is more expensive no matter how you slice it. I'm planning on about 10K for Disney and 7 K for Royal, and if it shakes out that way I'll stick with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter