Summer 2018 itineraries released this week!

I know we're getting off topic, but we also loved the Haven suite perks. But we would never book the Breakaway without them. It is WAY over packed. It's the same size as the Fantasy, but with 750 more cabins! It's the same theoretical max occupancy (DCL assumes a higher number of passengers per cabin), but I think the kids staying in the kids clubs take up a lot less public space than the extra adults all over everywhere. And this is coming from a couple without kids! In the Haven though, you're really secluded in a great way. So for us it's either Haven or DCL.

Having said all that, with DCLs prices, if it's either the Breakaway (non Haven) or no cruise at all, it's still a heck of a lot better than staying at home. :beach:

We did the Breakaway to Bermuda last October. Largest capacity we've been on to date, but we never had a problem anywhere with crowds. Always walked off and on the ship with very little wait and the buffet was very maneuverable. That being said, I'd still like to do at least one in a Haven suite if the prices are right.

We've always enjoyed the meals in the Haven restaurant and the specialty dining on board. We usually do a mix of the Haven restaurant and some of our favorite specialties. One thing we love about NCL concierge experience is that you can have in suite dining from any restaurant on board during their operating hours. The butler will serve it course by course if you prefer and you can order from multiple venues. It was a great option to have after a 10 hr touring day.

How is the specialty dining on RCCL? We our cruising them for the first time in a few weeks on the Harmony of the Seas for Spring Break. Trying out one of the Crown Loft suites.

There was a great review of the RCCL suite perks on the Dream Unlimited show this week. Seriously thinking about this or NCL suite for Europe.

Just booked Rome to Barcelona on June 23rd. $10,267.52 5A No OBB/transfers/air/ins

My guess is I can get suite class on RCCL for the same price. Waiting for March for them to release itineraries.

There was a great review of the RCCL suite perks on the Dream Unlimited show this week. Seriously thinking about this or NCL suite for Europe.

Just booked Rome to Barcelona on June 23rd. $10,267.52 5A No OBB/transfers/air/ins

My guess is I can get suite class on RCCL for the same price. Waiting for March for them to release itineraries.

Probably even cheaper.

Check out MSC too. They will have a couple of new ships sailing Europe (the Med and N. Europe) in 2018. Their Yacht Club is very similar to the Haven but they also offer non Yacht Club suites with perks. We are booked for a June 2018 for a 11 night Germany, UK and Iceland cruise in a 2 level Duplex suite for less than your quote above.

Check out MSC too. They will have a couple of new ships sailing Europe (the Med and N. Europe) in 2018. Their Yacht Club is very similar to the Haven but they also offer non Yacht Club suites with perks. We are booked for a June 2018 for a 11 night Germany, UK and Iceland cruise in a 2 level Duplex suite for less than your quote above.

WOW!

Thanks for the tip.

I don't think the RCCL ships in the Med have suite class- I believe that is only Oasis and Quantum class....

Been following the RCCL deployment thread- looks like a brand new Oasis class (Symphony of the Seas?) will be sailing out of Barcelona Summer 2018. I will be taking a hard look at Suite Class on the voyage!

Been following the RCCL deployment thread- looks like a brand new Oasis class (Symphony of the Seas?) will be sailing out of Barcelona Summer 2018. I will be taking a hard look at Suite Class on the voyage!

Nice. That one will have the Royal Suite Class. I watched the Dis Podcast yesterday about the Royal Suite Class. Very excited about our upcoming Spring break cruise on the Harmony. We looked at the Disney Fantasy 7 night for the same week of our Harmony cruise when we first booked, a Cat. T 1 bedroom suite for 4 was $17K more than the RCCL Crown Loft suite we booked. That's crazy for basically the same 7 night Caribbean itinerary!

We did the Breakaway to Bermuda last October. Largest capacity we've been on to date, but we never had a problem anywhere with crowds. Always walked off and on the ship with very little wait and the buffet was very maneuverable. That being said, I'd still like to do at least one in a Haven suite if the prices are right.

Here's a tip for making NCL suite life a bit more affordable. Some of their ships have both a Haven class and a suite class. I'm no NCL expert, but I have seen this on several ships that we've been considering (the Gem is one example). From what I've pieced together from reading on CC, the only difference in perks is that you don't actually have access to the Haven courtyard/pool/lounge. You still get the butler and concierge services, ordering food into the suite, afternoon treats delivered, designated restaurant for breakfast and lunch for suite passengers, priority disembarkation and embarkation, etc. etc. We have found the non Haven suites to be considerably cheaper than the ones with Haven access. If you can forgo the Haven courtyard, you can still live the "suite life" on NCL for less money.

I am pretty sure this doesn't apply to their newer ships, though. I believe they only have Haven suites.

Seeing the prices for 2018 has me second guessing whether not I even want to waste me time with an OBB. I just can't justify the costs of a summer cruise with DCL.

Nice. That one will have the Royal Suite Class. I watched the Dis Podcast yesterday about the Royal Suite Class. Very excited about our upcoming Spring break cruise on the Harmony. We looked at the Disney Fantasy 7 night for the same week of our Harmony cruise when we first booked, a Cat. T 1 bedroom suite for 4 was $17K more than the RCCL Crown Loft suite we booked. That's crazy for basically the same 7 night Caribbean itinerary!

17K is crazy money, I don't care who you are. I have my Disney reservation but if I can get into Sky class for a similar amount I'm going to try it.

Found a deal breaker: Looks like most of the suites only have a double sofa bed. No way my kids will sleep together! Any of the suites have a pullman?

Here's a tip for making NCL suite life a bit more affordable. Some of their ships have both a Haven class and a suite class. I'm no NCL expert, but I have seen this on several ships that we've been considering (the Gem is one example). From what I've pieced together from reading on CC, the only difference in perks is that you don't actually have access to the Haven courtyard/pool/lounge. You still get the butler and concierge services, ordering food into the suite, afternoon treats delivered, designated restaurant for breakfast and lunch for suite passengers, priority disembarkation and embarkation, etc. etc. We have found the non Haven suites to be considerably cheaper than the ones with Haven access. If you can forgo the Haven courtyard, you can still live the "suite life" on NCL for less money.

I am pretty sure this doesn't apply to their newer ships, though. I believe they only have Haven suites.

Wonderful information. Thanks for the tip.

We LOVED the aft penthouse for 2 on the Gem and Pearl with the suite perks. And you're right, no Haven access, but everything else. In general, that class of NCL ships was SOOO much better than the Breakaway class to us.

I'm pricing out Alaskan cruises for us and extended family, and I'm stuck on a really dopey part on NCL's site: what does it mean by "additional bedding available" for one, two, or some times three people? This is for the Bliss, so obv no first-hand knowledge, but I thought someone here might know what NCL's lingo means b/c googling it is not helpful. It seems like there is just the one bed, and if it's a mini-suite, a couch that is for one person (like on DCL). So what is the "additional bedding"? Is it a cot or something that they bring in and take away each day? Direct quote from one of the mini-suite descriptions: "Convenient mid-ship location, two beds convert to a queen, sofa bed, some have additional bedding for one." For oceanview: "Two beds convert to a queen, extra bedding for three, feature a bathtub and shower." I can't even picture where the extra bedding for 3 people would go. It's a $1500ish savings over the Wonder around the same time, which frankly may not be enough to sway us (5 kids into Disney in our family and 4 adults who've had not-great NCL experiences) unless there are clear room advantages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter