Summer 2018 itineraries released this week!

It is SO appealing to us. But RCCL has a very similar itinerary. We've got an OBB that expires in August of 2018, so that *might* make Disney doable, but it totally depends on pricing. For something so port intensive, I'm not sure if the boat matters (ducks to avoid Disney die-hards)
I was just looking at Celebrity and was surprised how cheap it wasn't. I don't know how different RCCL usually runs from that. I was also looking at Princess itineraries, seems like everyone has one.

I was just looking at Celebrity and was surprised how cheap it wasn't. I don't know how different RCCL usually runs from that. I was also looking at Princess itineraries, seems like everyone has one.

I agree. I priced RCCL for the same itinerary as Disney and the prices were very similar. RCCL was offering a discount, but then again, if I book on the first day with an OBB, maybe it comes out pretty much the same?

For Gold/Platinum who can book tomorrow, what time does it usually open? 9am eastern?

I know that gold can book tomorrow. Can a gold person book multiple cabins to take family members who are newbies?

I've booked two cruises with NCL this week and the price difference is huge. And it includes the beverage package and port excursion credit (our choice). I wanted to do DCL through Alaska but based on the tracker the money we save through another cruise line will likely pay for annother vacation (2018 - July).

One week Eastern caribbean w/balcony on NCL during week of thanksgiving is half of one week Western Caribbean on DCL with oceanview room for the week AFTER Thanksgiving. I have 3 DCL's on hold with only one with a discount/OBC attached. Unless Alaska opens tomorrow cheaper than I think, I'm likely to keep the NCL (oh, and it has only $50 deposit pp) and move the DCL until I find a date/price that seems appropriate!

So after tomorrow, I'll have to figure out what I'm keeping and what's going! Good luck everyone!
I booked two cruises with NCL also. One of them was the Bliss. Love the 50pp deposits. I may cancel the Bliss. It depends on the cost of the British Isles. My oldest will be busy with his senior year, but my little guy does online school so he can tag along. It's a shame it's so late in the year when most kids are back in school.
Of course the TA looks awesome. I wish it was going the other direction. I also have a carnival cruise and DCL panama booked.
Like you I have a lot booked and not really sure what I'll end up sailing on.

My plans are thrown off too, same issue with the timing of the northern Europe and Norwegian cruises we were going back and forth about; my kids are back in school early Aug. Now I'm torn between using my placeholder for Alaska in 2018 or waiting for late 2018 to come out. I know, I know re: Alaska on DCL... I've sailed on an Alaskan cruise on Princess already (just me, not the rest of my family). My kids are way more interested in the ship and for DD - yes, the Disney magic! She's all about the characters and shows. Norwegian fjords seemed like a perfect compromise for what they want out of it, and what DH and I would like - a place we've never been to!

We have an 11 night Germany, UK and Iceland cruise booked on a new MSC ship for June 2018. I'm not seeing anything offered by DCL that makes me want to change it.

We have an 11 night Germany, UK and Iceland cruise booked on a new MSC ship for June 2018. I'm not seeing anything offered by DCL that makes me want to change it.
Now you've given me another cruise to look at. I'm going to have a pretty good vacation budget next year. I'm all over the place looking at cruises. My heads starting to spin.

I booked two cruises with NCL also. One of them was the Bliss. Love the 50pp deposits. I may cancel the Bliss. It depends on the cost of the British Isles. My oldest will be busy with his senior year, but my little guy does online school so he can tag along. It's a shame it's so late in the year when most kids are back in school.
Of course the TA looks awesome. I wish it was going the other direction. I also have a carnival cruise and DCL panama booked.
Like you I have a lot booked and not really sure what I'll end up sailing on.
We have the Bliss too booked for Alaska which is sort of exciting as it's a new boat. Still checking on prices tomorrow. I have a placeholder to move so I may move it and then when fall/winter 2018 opens, move again. I'm like the other lady, my head is about to spin off looking at so many options.

Unfortunately, the only thing we would be interested in is the 11-night San Juan, but $10k+ is just too much the summer just prior to DD starting college -possibly on the West Coast - yet, West Coast cruises are at the wrong time, so- bowing out gracefully. Pixie Dust to all booking tomorrow :wizard:

We have the Bliss too booked for Alaska which is sort of exciting as it's a new boat. Still checking on prices tomorrow. I have a placeholder to move so I may move it and then when fall/winter 2018 opens, move again. I'm like the other lady, my head is about to spin off looking at so many options.
I love the observation area on that ship. I'm not crazy about the itinerary with the short port days, but we live in Arizona so I figure there are many more Alaska cruises in our future so I'll do it for the ship. The ships important when you have teens, and I admit I get excited about new ships. We're doing a southern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Vista this Summer and I'm excited about that. I have the Bliss booked in June. I'll move it to August if I keep my panama cruise in April or I'll keep it in June if I decide on the British Isles in September. My biggest problem with Disney besides the price is the lack of new itinerarys. We were going to do a Vista/Fantasy back to back this year. As much as I like the Fantasy I started feeling guilty about spending so much money on ports I've seen so I moved my OBB to Panama next year.

OH BTW that was me that said my head was about to fall off. LOL. It was easy when the kids were little and we just did Disney. A few years ago we branched out to other cruise lines and the options are endless, but I DCL still has a portion of my heart.

How do you know the pricing? I didn't find anything about it.

Unfortunately, the only thing we would be interested in is the 11-night San Juan, but $10k+ is just too much the summer just prior to DD starting college -possibly on the West Coast - yet, West Coast cruises are at the wrong time, so- bowing out gracefully. Pixie Dust to all booking tomorrow :wizard:

How do you know the pricing? I didn't find anything about it.

The pricing will start this morning as people book. DCL doesn't list pricing on the website until tomorrow. SO just watch here today and people will post the prices as they call DCL.
There is a thread that will show all the inquiries and bookings people are sharing here.

I know that gold can book tomorrow. Can a gold person book multiple cabins to take family members who are newbies?

No, I believe there must be a Gold or Platinum CC member in any stateroom booked today. The others will need to wait and book on Thursday.

When do they open up online tomorrow?

It has varied. Used to be 8am but occasionally it would be available earlier. I think the past couple of times the new itineraries were available online sometime in the middle of the night (east coast) because I remember seeing posts at 5am or even earlier.

It has varied. Used to be 8am but occasionally it would be available earlier. I think the past couple of times the new itineraries were available online sometime in the middle of the night (east coast) because I remember seeing posts at 5am or even earlier.

Looks like an early morning for me! Thanks.

I dialed the moment it turned 8 am (EST) and just got "Experiencing high call volumn", now with greater than 15 minute wait (now 8:08 to even get that info). Can't imagine why!! We may be all having small coronaries this morning so keep the docs number on stand by for the aftershock effects. :D

Wonder if RCCL will release their summer 2018 tomorrow when DCL does. Interesting to compare as from what I can see they are the last hold out.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome! We've been sailing NCL lately and I keep forgetting about MSC. I'll have to look into that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter