Stupid question...sorry!

Minnie&Mickey

I want to live at the Fort!
I have read that many of you book your next cruise while on the ship and then transfer your reservation to your favorite TA once you get back. My question is kind of similar...can you book your trip with a travel agent (such as the online TAs) and then transfer your reservation to your local TA? I booked our trip online, and now I am wishing I had used a TA that my husband knows (even though I know she would be a little more expensive). This is going to sound silly, but I spoke to her last year about cruising and then I chickened out...fear of seasickness. A few months later, she saw my husband and asked what had happened and why we didn't book. She was afraid she had offended us somehow. My husband told her the real reason and she was very understanding.

When we finally decided to do a cruise this year, I didn't go talk to her because I didn't want to look like an idiot if I chickened out again (which I am NOT going to do), so I booked it online. The company I used is very reputable, and although they are very nice, I feel like they just want to book trips and don't want to take the time to answer questions. I would love to use the local travel company (since they only book cruises and really know their stuff), but I don't want to lose our assigned rooms. Is it possible to transfer a reservation like that?

It can be done but it really depends on how cooperative the current TA wants to be. They don't have to do it. We booked with a local small town TA last cruise & now wish that we hadn't since this time their quote was 700 more than what I could get online. They simply can't offer the group discounts that the bigger agencies can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter