Stuck on a ride for 90 Minutes

Dolf

Earning My Ears
So with the recent news of people being stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes, I was thinking if I were to be stuck on a ride, which one would I prefer. I think I would enjoy sitting and staring at the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. If you had to be stuck on a ride for 90 minutes, and could choose, which one would it be and why?

Small world because it's my fave. When allowed to I have fun with the song, turning it into all sorts of styles of music. I like rapping it with my son doing beatbox from the backseat while we are driving. In sure I could drive strangers to leap into the water and swim for it after about half an hour lol. (Nah I'd just do that in my head, though I might drum a bit)

("Yo yo yo it's. A small world. After all" and then that JayZ "uh" after. Awesome right? :) )

So with the recent news of people being stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes, I was thinking if I were to be stuck on a ride, which one would I prefer. I think I would enjoy sitting and staring at the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. If you had to be stuck on a ride for 90 minutes, and could choose, which one would it be and why?

We were stuck on POTC once for about 30 minutes in the scene with the burnt embers near the end. We were with a very funny friend and it was honestly one of the funnest times ever.

If I had to choose, I would choose Alice, outside, as you're coming down the leaves. I'd flip on the subs for sure. :crazy2:

If not Alice then Dumbo. Autopia would also be ok. Indy maybe if I could choose where. Jungle Cruise too.

If I had to be stuck on a ride it would be Jungle Cruise. If it was a long wait you could stand up and stretch and you have built in entertainment.
We were stopped on Jungle Cruise once for a little while once. Not too long, maybe 10 minutes. I was so impressed with the skipper though. He spouted off 10 minutes of non-stop lines with out even pausing to catch his breath. Lots of fun

We started off our last trip with POTC. It was our first ride on our first day... and it broke down. They unloaded the boat in front of us and then forgot about us. Our boat sat there for about 40 minutes and it was torture. That "HO HO HO, a Pirate's life for me"... over and over. BUT they interrupted it every minute or so to apologize for the delay, which was worse. Honestly, when a ride breaks down like that, they need to turn off the music after the first 10 minutes. It's like a sick form of Chinese torture.. :eek:. Eventually we just climbed out of the boat and walked ourselves out the nearby emergency exit. Thankfully we were near a "land" part.

After that experience, I honestly don't think I would like to stuck that long on any ride. I think I would go suicidal on IASW. I can't even make it through the whole ride without covering my ears and humming a different tune.

The embers/jail scene on POTC. When there's a line to climb the hill to then end, I find that section is excellent for nodding off.

We started off our last trip with POTC. It was our first ride on our first day... and it broke down. They unloaded the boat in front of us and then forgot about us. Our boat sat there for about 40 minutes and it was torture. That "HO HO HO, a Pirate's life for me"... over and over. BUT they interrupted it every minute or so to apologize for the delay, which was worse. Honestly, when a ride breaks down like that, they need to turn off the music after the first 10 minutes. It's like a sick form of Chinese torture.. :eek:. Eventually we just climbed out of the boat and walked ourselves out the nearby emergency exit. Thankfully we were near a "land" part.

After that experience, I honestly don't think I would like to stuck that long on any ride. I think I would go suicidal on IASW. I can't even make it through the whole ride without covering my ears and humming a different tune.

I would be homicidal on IASW.

I don't think there is any ride I could handle being stuck on for 90 minutes but maybe something indoors and cool like Little Mermaid or the sushi restaurant scene in Monsters Inc if I had to pick.

I could easily chill on RSR for 90 minutes, near the waterfall. :) Or Peter Pan, when flying over London or Neverland.

ooh gooood! I'm terrified of ferris wheels as it is. The idea of being stuck on the Mickey one freaks me out. I opted to ride Goofy's Fly School with DD over that big wheel thing. That's how much I refuse to ride it, cause Goofy's wasn't that fun.

But anyway, if I had to be stuck on one, it would be Peter Pan hands down

From experience, not IASW. Trust me. Two hours and that bloody music didn't stop! I still have nightmares.

The best one that I did get stuck in (and actually was able to walk out of) was Indie. So much cool stuff to look at when you're not bouncing by quickly.

I've only ever been stuck on space mountain. Which most would find awesome but we got stuck in the tunnel in the end, with the lights that streak past you. It took us a moment to realize it had stopped. Then they turned the lights off which was frightening in the pitch black. When the lights finally came on we couldn't see the track which made me sad. And we were stuck for about 10 minutes.

If I got to choose I would choose anything inside, except IASW or subs. Those two would not end well with me. I think anywhere in HM would be fun except the down hill part. Or get stuck on the Mark Twain would not be bad. You can sit, walk around, eat if you have food on you.

From experience, not IASW. Trust me. Two hours and that bloody music didn't stop! I still have nightmares.

Yikes I could imagine! :scared1:

We got stuck on The Little Mermaid Ride for about 20 minutes or so in front of the "Under the Sea" scene. It couldn't get the song out of my head for the longest time and still a year and a half later whenever I hear the song I picture the scene. Lol.

I would go with Jungle Cruise, it might be entertaining to have the skipper keep talking during a breakdown.
My second choice would probably be haunted mansion. It would be nice and cool and I would get time to take in whatever scene I was stuck in.

We were stuck on Peterpan's Flight for an hour one time. It wouldn't have been so bad if my son didn't have to poop and would not have kept yelling it over and over again.:blush:

We were stuck on Splash Mountain for about 40 minutes but it was worth it because they gave us 4 Fastpasses each good for up to 6 people. When we returned a couple of days later we were hoping for it to shut down again.

I think anywhere in HM would be fun except the down hill part.

That was me, stuck at the part where you exit the attic and your doom buggy flips around and you're on your back, staring up at the raven on a branch, and wishing I was stopped in the ballroom or a little further along in the graveyard.

Still, being stuck in the HM beats being stuck in traffic any day. :thumbsup2

We were stuck on Peter Pan for 30 min one Magic Morning and it was not nice at all! Mainly because the lights were on and you could see the behind the scenes set stuff, ruined the surprise. If I had to choose, I would want to be stuck on POC on the Bayou part at the beginning. monster's Inc wouldn't be too bad either.

midnightred

Like most people (I assume), we've been held-up on POTC for some time--I think the longest was about 15 minutes in the embers area, and about that at the end, waiting to go back up to the main level. Neither time did they shut off the music/animation. I still haven't forgiven Jack Sparrow for not shutting up!

If I had to choose a ride to actually get stuck on for that amount of time, I think it would be Toy Story Midway Mania or Buzz Lightyear. Sure they may turn the points off, but I'd get a lot better with my aim!

Ones that I couldn't handle being stuck on? Subs for sure, and Wheel of Death, and maybe looking down while at the top of Screamin' or Goofy's Sky School. Oh, or the Tower of Terror when you are looking out over the parks--I'd be scared that it was going to drop at any moment!

I think if I got stuck on a ride I wouldn't do any of the rides ever again. I remember in WDW when we went to Finding Nemo the musical the show was delayed by 30 minutes and nobody was allowed out of the theatre because someone was either sick or had fainted near the entrance/exit doors but that I could handle just about.

I could handle any ride except IASW. If I got stuck on that, I would get out and wade out of the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter