• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stuck on a ride for 90 Minutes

Dolf said:
So with the recent news of people being stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes, I was thinking if I were to be stuck on a ride, which one would I prefer. I think I would enjoy sitting and staring at the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. If you had to be stuck on a ride for 90 minutes, and could choose, which one would it be and why?

HM or POTC would be good ones to be stuck on..lots to look at. Really any of the dark rides might be ok.

We got stuck at the very top of the biggest hill on Thunder Mt (the one with the goat), but we were in the first car so we were upright and it was really cool, we could see a bunch of the park, and a lot of the ride. It was only for a few minutes, but we wished we could have stayed for longer, it was so pretty! Other than that we've never been seriously stuck on a ride.

I've actually always wanted to be, like, evacuated from a ride, and I know that sounds crazy, but it just seems really interesting to me. Especially a ride like Indy or HM, just so I could maybe get a little behind the scenes peek! The engineering and artistry behind dark rides fascinate me!

I would not like to be suck anywhere uncomfortable, or on a roller coaster with shoulder restraints... I get claustrophobic.

None. We were stuck on iasw for ninety minutes. No music but click clacking Hawaiian girls. And a boy crying because he was missing the parade. And my 18 month old pooed. And then I had to walk my 30 week pregnant butt up about 7000 stairs. Never again I hope.

We were stuck on HM for about 30 minutes last year before getting walked out. I LOVED getting to see everything with the lights on.

Maggie7313 said:
We were stuck on HM for about 30 minutes last year before getting walked out. I LOVED getting to see everything with the lights on.

I've always wanted to be walked off of a ride to see it with the lights on. The closest we got was getting stuck on Pinocchio once, about 10 feet from the exit. But I did get to walk out lol.

DH and I were stuck on Indiana Jones for about 35 minutes. Right after it starts and you see Indiana Jones saying "we've got a problem here". The first 10-15 minutes was fine, and then the car started and would jerk forward and stop again for about 5 minutes. After that they turned the lights on and the music off which was nice and we sat for another 15 minutes. The ride started up and they drove the car through with the lights on and the music off. It was really strange seeing the whole ride lit up and no sound effects yet we were still being jerked around in the car. They kept us in the car and sent us back through the ride again.

We can't get stuck on a ride to save our lives! Seriously. LOL. I've been to DLR hundreds of times, cumulatively been on thousands of rides. And never once been stuck on anything aside from the occasional 5 - 10 min logjam on Pirates or Splash.

Last month my son got so excited, we thought we were going to get walked off Splash. The logs stopped just before the final lift, there was only 1 log stopped ahead of us. A CM immediately came out of a doorway on the right as a person said over the loudspeaker to please stay seated. But it was sorta odd, they also said our ride would resume momentarily after they did a "limited" evacuation. The CM came and helped one person from the front log off the ride, then the ride started again. It was like it was preplanned. There did not seem to be any problems with the guest getting off, she was quite capable to climb out and was even cheerful looking. No one else in the log got off and the CM came out of the door almost immediately upon the logs stopping. Odd.

DH and I were stuck on Indiana Jones for about 35 minutes. Right after it starts and you see Indiana Jones saying "we've got a problem here". The first 10-15 minutes was fine, and then the car started and would jerk forward and stop again for about 5 minutes. After that they turned the lights on and the music off which was nice and we sat for another 15 minutes. The ride started up and they drove the car through with the lights on and the music off. It was really strange seeing the whole ride lit up and no sound effects yet we were still being jerked around in the car. They kept us in the car and sent us back through the ride again.

Man, you are so lucky, that sounds SO COOL.

Twice -- on two different trips we got stuck on POTC in the battle scene. Both times we had to be evacuated out which was kind of cool and thankfully they shut of the cannons after the first 10 minutes. Worst thing, both time I had to go potty before we got on the ride but good ole DH being the dire hard he was made me go on the ride first because there wasn't a very long ride......after the second time I quit listening to him. Now, it is mandatory to go to the restroom before going on POTC.........:furious: all in all it was a pretty funny memory and the kids still have a good time laughing about it.

A long time ago, I was stuck on Space Mountain for a while. They turned the lights on and you wouldn't believe how not-so-high the ride is. It is also rather small in there. The ride just twists around itself in a small area and goes from top to bottom. It was very interesting to see. There were hats, trash, sunglasses, etc on the floor. We were near the top and it was interesting how they slowly took turns with the cars releasing the brakes and having us slowly make our way down to lower levels in order to walk off. It was very controlled but so much fun! However, I can't ride it now without picturing it with the lights on. Kind of ruined it just a bit.

We got stuck in Pinocchio once right in the middle. They stopped the ride and had to walk us out. CMs got a little mad cause we stopped and took a photo op right in front of Pinnocchio :rotfl2:

Fun times...

I'm going with Tower of Terror! Just imagine sitting there waiting, wondering if it was ever going to drop again. Now that would be terrifying!

Got stuck on GRR for about 30 minutes last summer. Mid afternoon, 90+ degrees and it was right before you get in the water. We had a single rider with us (a 7 year old boy.) It was miserable with no water to splash on ourselves before we got to walk off the ride.

Got stuck on Space Mountain for about 10 minutes before they walked us out, and it triggered my claustrophobia. I was really starting to panic. I will still go on Space Mountain and other rides, but I refuse to ride California Screamin at DCA or Mission Space in Epcot. The thought of being stuck on those two makes me hyperventilate just sitting here!

That happen to us once .... I ended up with 980,000+ points

I vote for Astroblasters also. I racked up about 1.5M points that way, but my fingers kinda hurt after that. I should go dig up that photo to remind me what my score was :rotfl:

The longest we've been stuck was about 40 minutes on Screamin. Don't think 2 hours anywhere would be enjoyable... Maybe Tom Sawyer's Island, but that's not a ride ;)

I'm going with Tower of Terror! Just imagine sitting there waiting, wondering if it was ever going to drop again. Now that would be terrifying!

And then without warning you do drop and you don't know if they got it running again or it actually broke for real.....

But you wouldn't have long to wonder at least.

Man, now I'm gonna look up and see if that ride ever did break down....

We also got stuck on Indy with the lights on. Let me just say that a peek behinid the magic is fascinating. We stalled out at the very end too, right at the big rolling ball, and that was a very interesting scene to understand how they do it. I took some photos of the whole thing since I had plenty of time. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload those.

I have been stuck on a couple rides but never for 90 minutes. We were walked of thunder mountain. Funny part was I was using a stair skip pass due to a hip injury and they asked before we boarded if needed could I do stairs. I had to walk down very narrow stairs on the lift hill by the goat. I got some pretty cool photos from that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter