stroller question for 4yr old

gm

DIS Veteran
my daughter will be turning 4 at disney:) and here is my question: would you take a small stroller with an umbrella top where the child just seats which are easy to close and open or would you take a full size stroller where you have a drink compartment near the handles and the stroller opens up so a child can sleep in it? I just dont know which one to take? :confused: :confused: She doesnt sit in a stroller anymore but i am determined to take a stroller to disney because I know she will get tired of walking. any suggestions??

You don't say when you're going but, I say take an umbrella stroller with the canopy! Some umbrella strollers also recline! Some also have a basket underneath! I'm taking the 3-in-1 kind for my then 3-1/2yo DD! It also has "supposed" one-hand collapse. (I'll see when it arrives, I just ordered it from Sears.com) Also, a major plus to taking your own is that you'll have it at the airport, from there to the hotel, from hotel to parking lot, parking lot to gate, etc. Just imagine how much walking is done outside of the parks!! I have a "big" stroller and a totally plain umbrella stroller and wouldn't take either (after many posts, etc. here) so, I bought the reclining, canopied, basket umbrella stroller. I'm very happy to have found one that's simple. Have a Great trip! :wave:

We are also getting the stroller that reclines and has the basket, and canopy for our almost 3 year old. We also have a full carriage and an umbrella stroller that is nice but does not recline. Its worth the money I think to by this new one.;)

I always take my full size that folds with the built in cup holders. they come in so handy its fantastic! and my DD is so comfortable while riding in it as well. in fact she often sleeps in it too. the basket is great for holding things....I have seen too many of the umbrella strollers tip over form people trying to put too much in thema nd then it looks like their backs are hurting from pushing them too cause the handles are too low for them and they are always stretchign thier backs and putting their hands at the small of their backs.....just an observation I have noticed of the umbrella stroller pushers.

Definitely bring a stroller. The full size stroller may be more difficult to haul onto the bus.

My DS will turn 4 yrs. old one week before we leave. He is very independent and hasn't rode in a stroller since he was 2 years old but I will definitely bring one. I thought about renting one there, but DH insisted we bring one so that he wouldn't have to carry an exhausted child from the park back to the room.

I just purchased a Kolkraft lite stroller for my 2 1/2 yr old. It doesn't recline, we checked that one and decided it was almost as bulky as the one we already have. But, it does have a canopy and basket and detachable tray.

I had purchased a Skeedadle stroller prior but it was too small for her even though it said it goes up to 40lbs, and this one says 35 but it's much bigger.

The person who recommended said she uses it for her 4 yr old and she fits in it fine. We used our umbrella stroller last November, but we need a canopy and basket for the next trip.

I like the one we got because it is very lightweight to carry on the bus and it also has the one hand colapse thingy. It also steers nice, better than our full size, a major necessity when going to MK. It was $30.

Taking a stroller is a good idea, but make sure it is light because it'll be tough getting on the buses with a bulky stroller.

18 days and counting...

Bring the larger stroller. We bought a new Kolcraft stroller that reclines, has a basket and cup holders and it was great. We debated on whether it would be worth it to buy a new stroller for a 4 year old that doesn't use one much anymore-except for the jogging stroller when we exercise-but it was well worth it! MUCH easier to push than the umbrella stroller (not as nice as the jogging stroller-but there was no way I was going to bring it along). By the end of the day at all of the parks she was in the stroller. Also-books I read said you don't really need the strollers at AK and MGM since they are smaller parks. I have to disagree. By the end of the day when your child is tired she still needs a stroller! Also...Beverly Lynn made a very good point-umbrella strollers tend to fall over as you put things on the back of them. At least go for something with a basket where you can throw jackets, rain gear, snacks, etc. Good luck!

The Kolkraft stroller we purchased is probably the lower end of the one Dragon0525 purchased (it doesn't recline), but we're not going to spend more than just a few hours at a time in the parks, you probably want to go with the recliner if you plan to spend several hours at the parks.

Definitely bring a stroller with a basket, we brought both our regular stroller and umbrella stroller last time (in Nov.). The big stoller was a pain because it doesn't steer too good and takes up a lot of space so we used the umbrella stroller instead which was much easier to maneuver but had to carry a backpack with all of our stuff since it doesn't have a basket plus it didn't have a canopy, a "must" when going May to September.

If your larger stroller steers well go for that or get something in between. (if you're going over the summer I also recommend a stroller cover in case it rains).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter