Stressing out big time please help.

Have you got anything you can send me or a link to one please

Rather than a proper spreadsheet I just have a doc in my Google Drive which I like to use a lot since my husband can then add in things as well from his account (since we share the document via Drive)! Right now it doesn't look like much, since our trip isn't until the end of November, but our day by day breakdown right now looks like:

11/28: Arrive, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner(?)

11/29: Animal Kingdom (9AM-8PM)
7:35pm - Kona Cafe dinner (Polynesian)

11/30: Sleep in! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (can get into MK starting at 4pm-12AM)
At some point, go to Grand Floridian to check out all of the gingerbread stuff (maybe grab a late lunch there?), monorail over to Magic Kingdom from there when it’s time for the party
MVMCP:

• Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration - 7:40 p.m., 9:25 p.m., 10:30 p.m., 11:55 p.m.
  • Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade - 8:30 p.m., 11 p.m.
  • Holiday Wishes—Celebrate the Spirit of the Season - 10 p.m

12/1: Hollywood Studios (9AM-8PM)
12:30pm - Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch

12/2: Epcot (9AM-9:30PM)
2:10pm - Teppan Edo lunch

12/3
10:00 AM - Cape May Cafe breakfast (Beach Club)

I'll be adding things in sort of as we make plans, and as we get closer just in general and decide what we want to prioritize. But I find just writing this stuff out helps me keep track of it, and it's what I've done for all of my trips.

I think you have gotten a bit ahead of yourself, which I totally understand because it can be a bit overwhelming. The first thing to do is figure out how many days in each park and then where you want to be on each day. Once you have that figured out, then you can start plugging in ADRs where they best fit. Like others have mentioned, I do a spreadsheet as well. I have all my days in columns and a timeline down the left side. At first, I just identify morning/afternoon/evening locations and then I get more detailed with time once I start figuring out ADRs and fastpasses.

I think you have gotten a bit ahead of yourself, which I totally understand because it can be a bit overwhelming. The first thing to do is figure out how many days in each park and then where you want to be on each day. Once you have that figured out, then you can start plugging in ADRs where they best fit. Like others have mentioned, I do a spreadsheet as well. I have all my days in columns and a timeline down the left side. At first, I just identify morning/afternoon/evening locations and then I get more detailed with time once I start figuring out ADRs and fastpasses.

I posted something like this in another similar thread. The best way to plan a Disney vacation is to create boundaries/bookends and get as refined as you feel comfortable with.

Boundary 1: Day you arrive to the day you leave.
Boundary 2: What main park/activity each day.

Now you've defined when you're coming and going and basically where you're going to be each day.

Now start setting up each day. So if you're going to rope drop MK, find out the parks hours. Set them up in the schedule. For some people this is enough detail. You can go another layer and start planning out meals and ADRs.

Now you might have to shuffle days around as you find ADRs are only available on certain days. So play that game.

Now you've defined A) the day you get to WDW and the day you leave. B) where you're going each day. C) where you're eating each day.

Now note: where you're eating might be a list of quick service places you want to chose from. That's up to you.

Boundary 1: Day you arrive to the day you leave.
Boundary 2: What main park/activity each day.
Boundary 3: Meals

Now you have chunks of time between when you arrive at the park and when lunch is and the chunk of time between lunch and dinner and dinner and park close.

Fill those chucks with fastpasses and with any other detail you might want. Some people want to plan an exact route from ride to ride, others leave it open.

Like others have said, find the big picture first and then start narrowing it down. You have a LOT of parks you’re trying to hit. Find the order for them and then move on.

I'm not sure you need to hit Disney Springs that first night.

I’m certain they don’t. :)

We were only thinking DS to pick up some quick dinner and some magic bands as you can’t pre order them over here

You’ll have ticket cards, yes? Let those get you into the park the first day then go on the hunt for bands if you truly want them.

Springs isn’t a quick stop. It’s big and busy and overwhelming when tired.

surrounded by families who (maybe it was just discomfort and paranoia), looked at us with confusion and a little suspicion.

It was paranoia. There are many adult only groups who go to character meals. Sounds like the seater and Flynn tried to be inclusive!! :)

I’m not a character person, so I didn’t love that they all kept coming by to talk, but my cousin loves them and didn’t feel awkward at all. All four characters made several swings before every table when we were there.

Personally, I think I would skip Typhoon Lagoon and spend the day at the traditional parks instead... you don't seem to be going to any but the Magic Kingdom. I think I would choose Epcot.

Here are our top rides in each of the parks-- you might want to look into Fastpassing some of them:
Magic Kingdom: we love the mountains: Space, Splash and Big Thunder. Also 7 Dwarves Mine Train and Buzz Lightyear. We love, but don't fastpass: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of Caribbean, Monsters Laugh Floor.
Epcot. We love Soarin and Fastpass it. We do the single rider line at Test Track. We also enjoy Spaceship Earth and Mission Space green. Don't miss Illuminations, the laser/fireworks show around the lagoon. And consider a meal at one of the World Showcase restaurants.
Hollywood Studios: We love Toy Story Mania. My husband and older daughter will also enjoy Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. We enjoy Star Tours too.
Animal Kingdom: My least favorite park, the one I would skip if my husband didn't love it. But we love a Tusker House breakfast. Kali River Rapids is great-- but you WILL get soaked. We're trying the new Avatar ride next week- my brother in law says its his most favorite ride EVER.

Thanks for the tips we do plan on doing them but just dont have anthing planned in them at the moment.

Here's an example of a the spreadsheet I used for the trip I made last year. I don't think this was the final schedule, but this is basically the working platform I used to finalize my plans. It was an amazing trip, I don't think I could of planned it and executed it better. Talk about a stress free trip.

View attachment 336424

god i love that

We always go to Disney Springs the first night. I love it. Just stroll around, listen to live music ease into the Disney magic. Grab dinner maybe a drink depending on the kids stamina.

god i love that

Thanks, it made my wife's life easier too! This was last summer and those unbolded black text events were just reference points for me as I was writing up the real schedule. I load up each day with things with hard times (parades, shows etc) and start whittling them down. Great way to make sure you catch at least one occurrence when you're doing a park multiple times.

I'm a big visual kind of guy.

First of all Please don’t stress out. It’s VACATION:) !!! I agree with what they said here. Sure use a spreadsheet or some way to plot your schedule. First figure what parks what days, then the advanced dining reservation and fast passes. Also, we love Epcot it has lots of characters to meet and Plenty of places to eat. It sounds like you were only planning on Magic Kingdom? We easily spent multiple days in both, and now Hollywood Studios has toy story land and Animal Kingdom has Avitar land and safaris you can do. I don’t want to add to your planning woes but I heard LEGO land in Florida was fun for kids also. When planning your dining remember if you can get a breakfast reservation in the park before the park opens, if you don’t take too long to eat you can ride some of the popular rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before the rest of the crowds get there ! Remember have fun, I hope you guys have a Blast!

I have to add my kudos to the spreadsheet plan. I am old school pencil and paper plan at first, just to rough it out. Arrival day, departure day, and then each day in between. I then make a wish list based on my family preferences, and move my doodles to a basic excel sheet.

I find seeing the days mapped out from arrival to departure makes planning more realistic. You have a huge wish list in terms of area attractions, so that is where I would first start, mapping out what I want to accomplish on specific days. 2 weeks seems like a long trip, but you have a lot in mind so that sheet whould be my priority, and then as others have suggested, consider timeing to your plan. I am not a trouper, so DS on my arrival evening after tht flight would be a non starter for us. DS is pretty hectic, and I have not found it to be a fast meal. (I am embarrassed to admit we got completely lost and that alone was enough to make me rethink an evening in DS. LOL! )

I am going to throw a wrench into the plans because I think you should include a swim with the dolphis at Discovery Cove. Amazing place to go for the day and just RELAX RELAX RELAX!!!! JMO. Enjoy your trip and remember, no matter what happens. No matter what you do or don't get done you are on a fantastic vacatiion ENJOY.

I also use a spreadsheet for Disney but you don't have to be incredibly detailed. Mainly it's which park to start at each day and dining reservations.

Couple of specific things to consider- Bush Gardens is like an hour away so plan that day accordingly.

You may want to book at least one night at one of the premium hotels at Universal (maybe at the beginning or end of your trip) to get early entry and express passes for all the rides. One night would give you those benefits for two days. It makes touring those parks a breeze.

I've never used a spreadsheet and have been fine. I just put my ADRs/fastpasses as calendar entries on my phone. One less thing to carry around!

I am going to throw a wrench into the plans because I think you should include a swim with the dolphis at Discovery Cove. Amazing place to go for the day and just RELAX RELAX RELAX!!!! JMO. Enjoy your trip and remember, no matter what happens. No matter what you do or don't get done you are on a fantastic vacatiion ENJOY.

We have done it a couple of times before and this time just couldnt justify the day as we also wanted to do volcano bay as that’s a thing we haven’t done

Thanks, it made my wife's life easier too! This was last summer and those unbolded black text events were just reference points for me as I was writing up the real schedule. I load up each day with things with hard times (parades, shows etc) and start whittling them down. Great way to make sure you catch at least one occurrence when you're doing a park multiple times.

I'm a big visual kind of guy.
I use a spreadsheet too, but color me impressed. Love it. Where did you get your cool Disney font?

Here's a sample of how my spreadsheet is laid out. Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 9.44.37 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 9.44.37 AM.png

I realize people like different formats, but this works for me. I always feel better when I can at least map out some of the details. Will we stick to this? Maybe 50%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter