Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

OMG Pamela - that is the best news EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Tom and I are so happy for you. Even more to celebrate when we get together in 33 days. party:

Thank you so much!!!!! I thought the exact same thing, more to celebrate! party: party: party: Mom retires on August 1, so we will be in full celebration mode :hyper:

Well everyone, I am VERY excited to share that I was offered a new job today :cool1: I have been actively looking since March and am so thankful to be blessed with this opportunity. It is back in a similar role as I did in Baltimore and will be consistent work with no on call. I am so thankful. They are being very flexible and letting me stay in my current job until going on vacation and I will start the new job when I get back. I of course had to ask how they deal with vacations and my new boss likes the more advance notice the better. That's what I'm used to! This promises to be a much better fit.

That is amazing. Congratulations. Sounds like this has all worked out perfectly.

Corinna

Day 11 continued…

I left off with us watching the ship turn around and leave port. We had skipped the show of the evening which, according to the navigator, was The Music and Comedy of John Charles. Something we probably would have liked but relaxing on the Promenade deck was absolutely perfect.

Back up to the room to get ready for dinner we looked at our treasures again.

This is mom’s little god necklace

She insisted I get matching earrings

These cute ones are made out of gourds

And I also got a necklace

Mom got a Panama hat but I didn’t get a photo of it. The prices were very reasonable at the port shop. We also got several presents for people since at that point we weren’t sure if we were getting off the ship in Cozumel. I needed to get one of my brothers a birthday present, and I got both of my SiLs some Christmas presents.

Our cute towel animal of the day

I took a picture of our progress on the TV

Dinner was in Parrot Cay. When we got there neither our tablemates or Karin and Tom had arrived. We sat nervously waiting to see if our tablemates were coming. When Karin and Tom arrived they invited us to sit with them. Whew! We were hoping they would want to sit together :)

Some pictures of the restaurant

I had asked for my favorite tomato tarte as my appetizer but the chef misinterpreted my request and made a safe version of one of the appetizers on the evening’s menu. It was magnificent! A tomato and goat cheese quiche. They made me three, mom and I had 1 ½ each. They were so good!

They also made me a safe mushroom soup, it was really good

Mom had portabello mushroom pasta with butter. She said they were fabulous.

I had a baked potato and grilled broccoli. They were cooked to perfection!

My sour cream and ketchup I like on my potato

Mom had tiramisu for dessert

And I had a different flourless chocolate cake. It was even better than the other one. Wowza!

We had such a lovely time chatting and sharing dinner with Karin and Tom we missed the beginning of McFarland on the Funnel Vision. We decided just to go back to the room and relax and ended up watching John Carter. It was a marvelous day from start to finish. Fabulous company all around and the tour with Dora was top notch.

Last edited:

We had skipped the show of the evening which, according to the navigator, was The Music and Comedy of John Charles.

We missed it too. Those comedy things are not really something we do enjoy as some of the humour is "foreign" to us foreigners. :rotfl2:

You got a lot of lovely jewellery that day.

When Karin and Tom arrived they invited us to sit with them. Whew! We were hoping they would want to sit together :)

As mentioned before, we have been burned with tablemates so always request a table for two, but sitting with the two of you was just the BEST thing ever. We had so much fun sharing the table. Loidon did not ...........:rotfl2:and I guess our non existant assistant server didn't even notice. :laughing:

EBPC%202016%201899.jpg

I hadn't read the caption on this photo and thought - wow, I can't remember ice cream with strawberry sauce. - good thing I found the caption lateron. :rotfl:

We had such a lovely time chatting and sharing dinner with Karin and Tom we missed the beginning of McFarland on the Funnel Vision.

We had the BEST time. Sorry for making you miss the beginning of your movie. Was it me eating too slowly again?

We missed it too. Those comedy things are not really something we do enjoy as some of the humour is "foreign" to us foreigners. :rotfl2:

We noticed how many things the comedians said that non Americans would have no idea what was being made fun of. I totally understand what you mean.

You got a lot of lovely jewellery that day.

Thank you :) If one of us isn't in the mood to shop we can usually get the other to move on without spending money, but we saw too many pretty things to pass up!

As mentioned before, we have been burned with tablemates so always request a table for two, but sitting with the two of you was just the BEST thing ever. We had so much fun sharing the table. Loidon did not ...........:rotfl2:and I guess our non existant assistant server didn't even notice. :laughing:

I had thought we had made the permanent switch by then but after reading that we sat scared that our tablemates might arrive I guess I was wrong :laughing: spending time with you and Tom was a highlight of our cruise, and I'm so glad we managed as many meals as we did. :hug:

I hadn't read the caption on this photo and thought - wow, I can't remember ice cream with strawberry sauce. - good thing I found the caption lateron. :rotfl:

It did look like icecream!

We had the BEST time. Sorry for making you miss the beginning of your movie. Was it me eating too slowly again?

No no no, good company is much more important than movies! :) I only mentioned it because we must have been one of the last tables to leave again.

We almost always end up skipping the shows. Fran usually wants to take a nap, so I end up on the verandah sipping wine, or writing in my journal. It will be so fun on our cruise to have so many people all together!

How frustrating to keep worrying about tablemates and such, I hope you eventually just switch!

Our trip will be so fun as we will have a table of eight and Fran and I know all of you, I think everyone else knows everyone but one group (or person). I think we will all be very well suited and will have lots of laughs!

We almost always end up skipping the shows. Fran usually wants to take a nap, so I end up on the verandah sipping wine, or writing in my journal. It will be so fun on our cruise to have so many people all together!

We really like the shows, but for this evening it was absolutely perfect to sit and watch the world go by. I hope we can get you out to some of the shows :)

How frustrating to keep worrying about tablemates and such, I hope you eventually just switch!

I thought we had at this point :laughing:

Our trip will be so fun as we will have a table of eight and Fran and I know all of you, I think everyone else knows everyone but one group (or person). I think we will all be very well suited and will have lots of laughs!

I have only not met Jill. Mom will meet Jenny in September. We're going to have such a fabulous time party:

I have only not met Jill.

And Jenny hasn't read Karin and Tom's TRs, but Jill has followed them for years, I think we'll all get along splendidly! I know every one and I'm sure it will all be great!

And Jenny hasn't read Karin and Tom's TRs, but Jill has followed them for years, I think we'll all get along splendidly! I know every one and I'm sure it will all be great!

I have no doubts whatsoever that we will all get along perfectly well. I know Jill well enough from my TRs and have seen Jenny around other's ....... she's a Disney girl, what can go wrong? :goodvibes

I have no doubts whatsoever that we will all get along perfectly well. I know Jill well enough from my TRs and have seen Jenny around other's ....... she's a Disney girl, what can go wrong? :goodvibes

::yes:: I agree completely :D

Day 12: Sea Day

We had another sea day and it was very welcome after the fun filled day of Cartagena. Mom slept until 9:30 and I slept until 10:00. Today was also Pirate Night but we would be skipping the main dining room in favor of Palo with Karin and Tom. Excellent! We watched National Treasure in the room until noon and then headed out.

We saw Chip and Dale at the Gazebo on our way to BBB. Of course we had to stop! They were beyond hilarious. Mom commented that they must have stolen our acorns and they were looking in each other’s mouths to see if they were hiding them.

We had so much fun with them and I hoped to catch them later in their pirate outfits.

Then onto BBB for a scrumptious lunch.

Mom’s plates

And mine

Everything was delicious! Lunch wasn’t quite complete, I wanted some fries so we got some on the way to get seats to watch the 2nd ice carving

We had no idea what they were carving

Too awesome! If you have a chance to watch one of these being made it is quite impressive. I’m not an artist so the concept of having an idea in your mind and able to create it is amazing to me.

We left deck 9 because some very annoying children were destroying the ice sculpture. We went up to soak in some sun rays on deck 10 while waiting for 3:15 to see The Big Friendly Giant in the Buena Vista Theater.

We probably would have missed the movie if this storm front hadn’t suddenly arrived. The weather before it showed up was gorgeous, but suddenly it was very windy and cold. I’m glad the weather turned because this was the last time to see this movie for the rest of the cruise.

It started raining so we gathered up our stuff and made it to the movie in time

I really enjoyed the movie, mom thought it was a little weird. It was dark in spots but I thought it was very fun.

It was time to go back to the room and get ready for Palo. We missed seeing Chip and Dale in their pirate gear. It is high on my list for the next cruise to catch the characters in their pirate gear.

We were a little early so got some photos. Captain Gus made an announcement at some point that he was trying to find good weather for the pirate party. I like how he gave us updates on things.

Karin and Tom found us and we had another lovely dinner with fabulous company.

Regular bread basket

They overcooked my special bread but it was still good

The always yummy antipasta plate

Karin was kind enough to let me taste her Moet Ice. I had always been intrigued about it. It was tasty.

Mom had the arugula salad as her first course

I had the caprese salad

Mom had gnocchi as her second course

I had misunderstood Leo the first time we had dinner. He had told me I needed to given them a 24 hour warning if I wanted specially made gnocchi. I thought this only applied to the gnocchi but it also applied to pasta as well. Even so they made me a magnificent pasta dish. It might have been the best pasta I’ve ever had. Creamy with asparagus and carrots, it was amazing!

Then the palate cleanser

Mom had the polenta as her entrée. She loves this dish and it never disappoints.

Wow did I order too much food for dinner tonight. I also had the dover sole as an entrée. Karin and Tom were smart and did not order a second course. The fish was cooked perfectly and with such flavor. Sadly I couldn’t finish mine.

And Leo brought the risotto for us to share because he knew how much mom loved it on our first dinner. I only had a few spoonfuls but I think mom finished it.

For dessert I was surprised mom went with the chocolate soufflé, I thought she preferred the amaretto one.

They made me a special one again. I finished every bite.

I think I remembered to ask for the nonalcoholic post dinner drink. Mom can’t have it because it’s made with apple juice.

We talked for ages and it was so lovely. The only reason we left is because we wanted to see the fireworks. Mom and I raced to our room to change into our pirate shirts. I bought them specially for cruises and like to wear them every pirate night.

We had a huge octopus as our blanket animal

We raced to Karin and Tom’s room and we went up to the pirate party together. I was shocked how many people were up there, it had to be the biggest turn out of all the cruises we’ve been on.

Somebody’s cool shirt mom wanted a picture of

This is just to prove we saw the fireworks. I never get good firework pictures

In the back of my mind I really wanted to see Captain America Winter Soldier if we had time and weren’t too sleepy. The fireworks ended at 10:20 which was perfect timing to see the movie. I asked mom and she was fine to go see it so we said goodnight to Karin and Tom and ran down to the theater. We even made it for previews. I still haven’t seen Moana.

We got back to the room at 1am and still weren’t tired so watched Brave until I fell asleep at 1:50. It was another fun relaxing day.

Mom will be flying down in 24 days, and in 25 days we start our mini vacation with Karin and Tom. To say I'm excited is the understatement of the century. I figure it's time to do a run down on all the plans.

August 23, Mom flies into Tampa at 9pm. Hopefully I won't be working too late and she has to wait for me.

August 24, HS with Karin and Tom. Lunch at the Brown Derby (a first for mom and I), FPs for TSMM, ToT, and Star Tours. Then dinner at Mama Melrose (another first for mom and I), then the Pixar concert. Star Wars fireworks if we're up for it. Mom and I will drive home.

August 25, mom and I will drop the boys off at the kennel before going to WDW because we check into the Poly for the next two nights. This will be the first time I've ever taken any of my animals to a kennel so I'm a bit nervous. Today is also the MNSSHP! (a first for mom) FPs for Epcot, SE, Soarin, and MS. We have ordered orange MBs in honor or the Halloween party.

August 26, breakfast at Kona Cafe(a first for mom and I) FPs for AK, EE, Safari, and the new Avatar river ride. Dinner at Tiffins (a first for all of us) and then the Rivers of Light show. I have not seen Avatarland at night so I'm excited to see how that looks. It's gorgeous in the day so I can only imagine how cool it is at night.

August 27, mom and I have to go home :( but not before breakfast at The Wave (another first) then MK with FPs for JC, BTMRR, and HM. I need to pick the boys up at the kennel by 4.

I work the next four days in a row, Monday - Thursday.

Sept. 1, bonus day with Karin and Tom! I would have originally been driving to Maryland to take the boys up there, but since we'll be leaving them in the kennel during vacation we'll still be in FL. So excited to be seeing Karin and Tom again. We'll meet them at Epcot where we have FPs for Nemo, Soarin, and SE. Then dinner at The Wave. Then we'll have to say goodbye because they're going to MNSSHP and we'll have to finish packing for our trip.

Sept. 2, Drop off the boys at the kennel by 11am. The flight from Tampa leaves at 2pm so we don't need to rush. I still need to find a long term parking lot but there are several to choose from. We'll land in Vancouver at 10:10, have to go through customs, so I don't anticipate us picking up the rental car before 11, and hopefully be at the AirBnb by midnight, 3am our time.

Sept. 3, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. This looks absolutely amazing! Hopefully there will also be time to explore some of Stanley Park as well. The Airbnb is right next to the park so it's not like it's going to be out of the way. I have no idea where we'll be eating in Vancouver, there are many places near the apartment so there will be too much to choose from rather than no choices.

Sept. 4, Embarkation Day! I'll drop mom off at the port with the bags, then I'll drive to the airport, drop off the car, and then take the train back to the port. There's one that goes right from the airport, the only thing is it will be probably a 90 minute round trip. 30 minutes each way and however long to turn in the car. I need to turn the car in by noon so will be back to the port in plenty of time regardless. On the ship we'll first make sure they have us at a table for two, and hopefully honor our request for Jose as our server.

Sept. 5, At Sea, Palo Brunch! I'm sure we'll watch beautiful scenery and catch a couple movies.

Sept. 6, Tracy Arm, Character Breakfast. We missed the character breakfast on the PC so I'm hoping we'll get up in time for it this time.

Sept. 7, Skagway, Evening Wildlife Expedition.

Sept. 8, Juneau, due to low hours with work I had to cancel the 5 Glacier Sea Plane. Mom was very understanding. I just can't afford it with the other things we're doing this vacation. We'll explore Juneau a bit and enjoy the ship. I think there's a Pixar Party around 4:30. We've never had one of these so it should be quite fun.

Sept. 9, Ketchikan, Snorkeling Excursion. Very excited about this one. I think the Frozen Party is this evening.

Sept. 10, At Sea, last day of the first cruise. Palo dinner since we won't have the stress of getting off the ship the next morning.

Sept. 11, This is our first B2B but we'll be in the same stateroom both cruises so hopefully it will be painless. It will be nice getting back on the ship early and enjoy a mostly empty ship.

Sept. 12, Victoria Canada. We'll explore a little on our own. I booked another dinner at Palo tonight, not sure if we'll keep it.

Sept. 13, At Sea, enjoy the ship, watch movies

Sept. 14, At Sea, enjoy the ship, watch movies

Sept. 15, Disembarkation day :( this will not be as sad as usual because we get to see Alison and Fran! First we'll take the shuttle to the airport and then the shuttle from the airport to the rental cars. Then drive up to Disneyland. I'll drop the bags and mom off at the Grand Californian and then park. We'll leave the bags with Bell Services since there's no way the room will be ready by then. I'm thinking that will be around noon. I'll be texting Alison to let her know our progress and find them when we are all at DL. We'll have a meal together and hopefully do some rides, maybe even catch the fireworks if the weather cooperates. Mom has not been to DL in over 40 years, and has never been to DCA.

Sept. 16, The Queen Mary exhibit. I haven't bought tickets yet, and hopefully we'll be able to stick with the plan. If this becomes a pool day we'll go see the Queen Mary on Tuesday. Dinner tonight in Long Beach with Alison and Fran.

Sept. 17, Park day! Dinner with Alison and Fran in DL. See Fantasmic after dinner. (a first for mom and I)

Sept. 18, Super special park day with Alison starting at noon. WoC at night. I'm sure we'll find some dinner at some point.

Sept. 19, Either pool day or Queen Mary day depending on what happens on the 16th.

Sept. 20, park day. Plans to see Jenny today. Plans are currently for dinner. Hoping to convince Alison and Fran to join us :)

Sept. 21, flying home at 12:50 from John Wayne Airport. We'll get to Tampa around 11:15pm so will pick up the boys the next morning.

Today was also Pirate Night but we would be skipping the main dining room in favor of Palo with Karin and Tom.

That sounds like a great plan.

Oh, I have never seen pretzel bread on DCL. I would have been all over this.

That is so beautiful.

We left deck 9 because some very annoying children were destroying the ice sculpture.

That is totally uncalled for. I wonder where their parents were.

Karin was kind enough to let me taste her Moet Ice. I had always been intrigued about it. It was tasty.

I am not usually a fan of champagne, but I like this. I am glad you got a taste.

Mom had the polenta as her entrée. She loves this dish and it never disappoints.

It never occurred to me to have this as an entrée. I love this dish.

Your vacation plans sound amazing. You must be so excited.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!