Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

Great news booking the Hoop for your precious birthday yeah! What fun. I can't wait to hear all about it. Nice time like you say enjoy the parks after.

That was savy of you to grab the 1 bed whilst you could. DVC rooms are like Costco bargains. Never hesitate it will be gone!

I just booked Hoop Dee Doo Review for my birthday :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: thanks mainly in part to Alison and Fran's fun experience there, and the fact that I found they are very accommodating with gluten free needs. I'm very excited! I booked the 4pm show so we can still have some park time afterwards if we want.

That sounds like a nice birthday treat. I am glad that everything has worked out.

Also, at exactly my 7 month window I was able to book the VGC for after our Alaska cruise

Wow, that was lucky. Congratulations.

Corinna

Great score on the VGC room!

I'm glad we were able to inspire you to see the show, it's a lot of fun. I'm interested what they have for gluten free. Maybe cornbread, definitely the salad. The Corn and mashed potatoes are good for you, but I've heard the vegetarian option is a pasta.

I don't have an affordable option for you in Seattle or Vancouver. We paid through the nose

Great news booking the Hoop for your precious birthday yeah! What fun. I can't wait to hear all about it. Nice time like you say enjoy the parks after.

I'm so excited :hyper: I'll make FPs as soon as I can.

That was savy of you to grab the 1 bed whilst you could. DVC rooms are like Costco bargains. Never hesitate it will be gone!

You are so right, if you see something you want at Costco you better grab it immediately! I'm glad I didn't wait for the studio, it's completely gone now.

Great score on the VGC room!

I kept checking the resort availability tool and both the studios and 1BRs were still showing available for quite a while, until it got closer. I'm so glad I got it, that's definitely high on my list of favorite resorts, and mom just loved it for that one night before the cruise.

I'm glad we were able to inspire you to see the show, it's a lot of fun. I'm interested what they have for gluten free. Maybe cornbread, definitely the salad. The Corn and mashed potatoes are good for you, but I've heard the vegetarian option is a pasta.

For chicken eaters they'll do grilled chicken or gluten free chicken tenders. I'll be curious what they'll have for me as an entree since I don't eat chicken or ribs. I'll just be happy with all the veggies. For dessert they have a gluten free brownie, or just do strawberries and cream. The show just sounds so much fun, it will be a great evening regardless what they have for food.

I don't have an affordable option for you in Seattle or Vancouver. We paid through the nose

I saw the one you stayed in Vancouver, and I can totally understand why you stayed there. Location is amazing! Seattle we might just end up in a Motel 6 by the airport and even thats $115... I need one that has an airport shuttle so we can get to the train station in the morning. The train for Vancouver leaves at 6:50am so we'll need to be there super early. All the hotels next to the train station are ghastly expensive. I'll keep looking.

Day 3, Sea Day

After a magnificent sleep I woke up shortly after 8am. There is nothing like the sweet rocking of the ships. The plan was to go see the Jungle Book at 8:30 but after a look at the Navigator I saw there was a talk on the Panama Canal, I think called a Maritime Presentation by Captain Puckett, at 9:15 I believe. I woke mom up and asked her what she thought, and she agreed the Maritime Presentation was a good idea. We went upstairs for some morning beverages first, mom a coffee, me a diet coke.

Then to the Walt Disney Theater for the presentation

This was pretty much an overview of what the rest of the presentations would be. Captain Puckett would do a presentation on each of the sea days, each at the same time. Well, even though we had the best intentions this was the only one we saw in person. They taped the presentations and put them on the TV. The bad thing is they were on a loop, you couldn’t pick which one you wanted to watch. It was very interesting but we were a bit lost, it made much more sense once we’d been through the canal. He had lots of slides and lots of stories, and was very enjoyable to listen to.

Then to find some breakfast at the only place that was still open, Parrot Cay.

We had a feast of epic proportions

Mom’s first plates

And my first

Mom was too kind and went to find some ketchup for me. She also asked for some gluten free muffins. They brought me blueberry and they were scrumptious!

Mom went back for some pastries for her, she wanted to try another Krispy Kreme because her first was quite dry. Sadly the second was no better. She didn’t waste calories on Krispy Kremes this vacation, she didn’t give them another chance after this. The muffin, on the other hand, she said was fabulous. It had pinapple and coconut inside.

Then she had a croissant

As well as French toast which she said was perfectly cooked. It was so good she was looking forward to more the next day.

Breakfast finally complete we headed out. We must have looked at the Navigator while eating breakfast and decided on watching Chariots of Fire at 2pm. We had a long list of movies we wanted to see on this cruise and happened to see several extra not on the list.

We stopped at Guest Services to ask about a Galley Tour. I finally remembered to ask about it, but sadly they weren’t offering one this cruise. Health and safety reasons they said.

Then off to the shops to buy one of the special PC pins they were selling, sadly we didn’t like it at all. Mom did find an Alaska jacket for 40% off and it really suited her so we bought that for our cruise this year as well as a PC postcard. Of course both those things are in Maryland so I’m sorry I can’t show pictures. Then up to the room to drop off our things and change into bathing suits. We would lounge in the sun until seeing Chariots of Fire.

I bought a Lava Smoothie, the non-alcoholic drink of the day. A pina colada with raspberry puree, it was decadent!

The minion was interested

I caught up on my journal writing while mom read her book on the history of the Panama Canal. She had tried reading it before the cruise and didn’t manage it. I started reading it and didn’t manage more than a few chapters. Not that it wasn’t written well, just that I didn’t give it the attention it needed. Mom on the other hand quite enjoyed it.

Down to the Buena Vista Theater to see our movie and it was quite full. I don’t think I had ever seen that movie in it’s entirety and it was fabulous.

My picture to remind me what we did

There are some great drawings in the corridor outside the movie theater and mom was engrossed looking at them all. You can just see her in the distance. They are alphabet drawings with each letter of the alphabet depicting something of the maritime world. They are very very good.

While waiting my alien wanted some photos taken

I love that chandelier

Mom was still looking at the drawings so I went up to our room knowing she would find me, and she did. Then we went up to the Quiet Cove to lounge in the sun some more. I was a bit hungry but mom wasn’t.

They made me a gluten free pizza at Pinnochios which was quite tasty.

We went back and forth between the pool and the hot tub and ended up skipping the show of the evening, The Golden Mickey’s, we’ve seen it before and were just enjoying the gorgeous weather. Around 6:30 we went back up to the room to get ready.

Last edited:

I got ready with the Tigger Movie on in the background. I love the movie channels on the ships.

We went to the family show of Matt Baker at 7:30 in Wavebands. Great fun.

Where I had my first Konk Kooler of the trip

Then stopped at the DVC kiosk to see about presents for the night. We did get hats but found out that they were no longer giving out presents on the sea days because they are now offering discounts in the Spa and shops. I don’t know if I like that trade off…

Tonight dinner was in Animator’s Palate. I managed to get us lost trying to find it. This was one of the few times we took the elevator, my hip was killing me. I must have pinched a nerve. Well, in the elevator we got distracted giving other people directions that we forgot to get off on the floor we needed and ended up going all the way to 8 with some other people.

Finally at AP we saw Karin and Tom on the way to our table. We stayed and chatted with them for quite a bit, turns out they saw us in the QC several times, I think they were inside the Café and I walked past them with food and drinks. Wonderful to see them and we had to tear ourselves away and go sit at our table. We could tell immediately that one of our tablemates was beyond drunk and being very annoying. Not pleasant.

Mom started with the fried mozzarella which she said was delicious

I had the chilled asparagus

Mom had the asparagus for her second course

While I had a pear salad

For her entrée mom had gnocchi with a tomato cream sauce, she said the gnocchi were a bit dry

I had the shrimp with alfredo pasta, they made it with gluten free pasta

For dessert mom had a Mickey bar

And I had a Triple Strawberry Sundae

The food was good but our drunk tablemate carried on and on throughout dinner whilst his family ignored him like they are used to such annoying behavior.

Finally through with dinner we headed out, I adore the theme in this restaurant.

We walked past the art gallery and I had to take a few pictures of the beautiful paintings

We walked through the shops only to see who? Our annoying tablemate… we quietly snuck away and left.

Back up to the room we were greeted by a penguin? A bear?

We finished National Treasure on TV and then started on Brave. I drifted off to sleep but mom kept watching and even watched Ratatouille in the middle of the night. My leg hurt so bad I took 4 advils and thankfully was able to sleep.

Day 3 sounded a nice day ay sea Pam. I am glad you had a good sleep I agree the rocking of the ship. I am like a baby in her crib.

How nice a presentation on the canal. Annoying the ones recorded were on a loop!

Breakfast looked good. Those dry donuts! I agree if not fresh don't bother. But the gluten free muffins looked great.

Shame about galley tour.

Mmmm lava smoothie. I just adored Jungle Book. I was enchanted by it. What a pretty chandelier.

Again I am so pleased by your GF options that pizza looks yummy.

How nice a family show and dinner at AP sounded nice but drunk tablemate? How very rude. I wish people cluld police their intake better. Fancy being drunk at that time.

It looks like maybe a penguine?

We found the same thing about the talks on the Alaska Cruise. They played them over and over on the TV, so no real need to go sit and see it in person. We also had a sort of boring guy. He talked about his hunting and fishing buddies more than things Alaska.

Your mom sure put away the carbs at Breakfast! I'm going to miss Parrot Cay! :sad:

Those semiphore flag letters were something they talked about on the Art of the Theme Ship tour. Your shrimp and pasta looks delicious! So nice that they have all those gluten free options for you.

I can't wait to be on the ship 6 days!

Last edited:
hotels for Seattle and Vancouver. If anybody has some good suggestions I'm open to anything.

If you have a SPG (Starwood) credit card you can use their points to stay at the Bayshore Westin in Vancouver right next door to Stanley Park, it is also very close to Canada Place. It is very, very nice and only 10,000 points per night. We stayed there for our last Disney cruise and had a view of the harbor. If you like, I can dig our our photos of the room and view.

Kate

Well, even though we had the best intentions this was the only one we saw in person.

What a shame. We really enjoyed his presentations on our first Panama Canal cruise/

Mom went back for some pastries for her, she wanted to try another Krispy Kreme because her first was quite dry. Sadly the second was no better.

I wonder what had gone wrong there. They are normally delicious.

We stopped at Guest Services to ask about a Galley Tour. I finally remembered to ask about it, but sadly they weren’t offering one this cruise. Health and safety reasons they said.

That is strange. Other cruise lines definitely still offer them.

Then off to the shops to buy one of the special PC pins they were selling, sadly we didn’t like it at all.

What a shame that you did not like the pin.

hey made me a gluten free pizza at Pinnochios which was quite tasty.

Wow, that is a huge pizza.

Where I had my first Konk Kooler of the trip

I did not know that they did them on the ships.

Then stopped at the DVC kiosk to see about presents for the night. We did get hats but found out that they were no longer giving out presents on the sea days because they are now offering discounts in the Spa and shops. I don’t know if I like that trade off…

I for one do not think much of this.

We could tell immediately that one of our tablemates was beyond drunk and being very annoying. Not pleasant.

How annoying. That is definitely not the kind of dinner experience I want on a cruise.

Back up to the room we were greeted by a penguin? A bear?

I think it may be a sloth.

Corinna

If you have a SPG (Starwood) credit card you can use their points to stay at the Bayshore Westin in Vancouver right next door to Stanley Park, it is also very close to Canada Place. It is very, very nice and only 10,000 points per night. We stayed there for our last Disney cruise and had a view of the harbor. If you like, I can dig our our photos of the room and view.

Kate

Thank you so much for the offer. I must admit I've never heard of a SPG CC. I went a different route and found an Airbnb for an excellent price next to Stanley Park.

Day 3 sounded a nice day ay sea Pam. I am glad you had a good sleep I agree the rocking of the ship. I am like a baby in her crib.

There's just nothing like it :cloud9:

How nice a presentation on the canal. Annoying the ones recorded were on a loop!

They had said each day would be on a different channel, but they were all on the same channel on one big loop. Very hard to watch that way.

Breakfast looked good. Those dry donuts! I agree if not fresh don't bother. But the gluten free muffins looked great.

Mom saved a lot of calories from not eating donuts!

My muffins were fabulous.

Shame about galley tour.

I will continue to chase this!

Mmmm lava smoothie. I just adored Jungle Book. I was enchanted by it. What a pretty chandelier.

Oh yes, that was a great movie!!!

I'm scared to see what the new chandelier looks like.

Again I am so pleased by your GF options that pizza looks yummy.

It was popcorn::

How nice a family show and dinner at AP sounded nice but drunk tablemate? How very rude. I wish people cluld police their intake better. Fancy being drunk at that time.

That was the start of the unpleasantness.

It looks like maybe a penguine?

I just can't tell :laughing:

We found the same thing about the talks on the Alaska Cruise. They played them over and over on the TV, so no real need to go sit and see it in person. We also had a sort of boring guy. He talked about his hunting and fishing buddies more than things Alaska.

Ooohhh, I forgot they had talks on your trip! Hopefully we'll have another speaker :laughing:

Your mom sure put away the carbs at Breakfast!

I just couldn't believe she was still hungry. She LOVES breakfast!

I'm going to miss Parrot Cay! :sad:

Me too :(

Those semiphore flag letters were something they talked about on the Art of the Theme Ship tour.

Sounds like I need to do that tour as well.

Your shrimp and pasta looks delicious! So nice that they have all those gluten free options for you.

They had so many options it was fantastic. Later in the cruise they basically made me whatever I wanted. It was so nice.

I can't wait to be on the ship 6 days!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

What a shame. We really enjoyed his presentations on our first Panama Canal cruise/

I found I enjoyed them much more after we went through the canal. The presentations were fascinating, I just had no context to match them in my mind.

I wonder what had gone wrong there. They are normally delicious.

She was very disappointed, she loves those donuts!

That is strange. Other cruise lines definitely still offer them.

I will continue to chase this in the future. One day I will see them!

What a shame that you did not like the pin.

It was very cheap looking, nothing like the ones you got. Was it the Hawaii or PC cruise that there was one for each port?

Wow, that is a huge pizza.

It was probably the equivalent of 3 slices of pizza, I didn't need that much but they give you the whole thing with the gluten free crust.

I did not know that they did them on the ships.

The dining room team doesn't seem to know what they are, but any of the bars are happy to make one.

I for one do not think much of this.

I felt it was a bit cheap of them. No presents, and of course no discount unless you pay for something else. That does not equal out to me.

How annoying. That is definitely not the kind of dinner experience I want on a cruise.

It was just very awkward, not a comfortable dinner.

I think it may be a sloth.

Corinna

That's a good idea!

Hi everyone :)

I hope to get an update done tomorrow. My photos are confusing me because I don't think I changed the time on the camera, but I'll figure it out.

On the September trip front, Southwest finally released flights and I booked them for Saturday September 2, to Seattle for 9am-11:40am, nonstop. We will take the late Amtrak train to Vancouver at 6:50pm - 10:50pm. I'm thinking it will take us at least an hour to get from the airport to the train station. We can take a taxi but I think there's also public transit that's much cheaper. We can leave our bags at the train station and have a couple hours to hopefully see the Chihuly museum. Then back to the train station to do customs? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is done before we board?

After looking at practically every hotel in the port area of Vancouver and finding the affordable ones either have to share a bathroom, or are not affordable once I look at double beds, mom suggested I look at bed and breakfasts. That search led me to airbnb. I found a perfect one right next to Stanley Park that won't break the bank and is a whole apartment. I've never used this service before, but there's only good reviews. We shall see.

On the other end I have booked a rental car for San Diego and dropping off at SNA, I just need to get flights home. I should snag them soon because they're good prices.

Looks like things are progressimg nicely. Well done booking flights woohoo. Also cool re Amtrak train. Be nice to see the museem. Do you get seats allocated on the train?

That was good getting a b & b from airbnb. I have never used them either be interested to hear your experience.

And a rental car? Wow well done super Pam. Lots of ticks in boxes my friend.

Was it the Hawaii or PC cruise that there was one for each port?

They had one pin per port for our first Panama Canal cruise and then again for the Hawaii cruise. Since then they only have had one or two cruise pins.

It was probably the equivalent of 3 slices of pizza,

It looked much bigger than that.

My photos are confusing me because I don't think I changed the time on the camera, but I'll figure it out.

I have the same problem at the moment.

I'm thinking it will take us at least an hour to get from the airport to the train station.

I think that is about right.

We can leave our bags at the train station and have a couple hours to hopefully see the Chihuly museum.

That should work out great.

I think this is done before we board?

When we did the trip in the opposite direction, we cleared US immigration before we got on the train in Vancouver.

hat search led me to airbnb. I found a perfect one right next to Stanley Park that won't break the bank and is a whole apartment.

That sounds perfect.

Corinna

Day 4: Cabo San Lucas

Today we had several plans, but they did not include getting off the ship. Plans included watching Finding Dory, seeing the Sean Farquhar show, and Palo dinner. Other than that it was just relaxing and enjoying vacation.

We woke up about 9:30, really 8:30 but the time went forward for the first time today. Mom was hungry for an omelet and BBB closed at 10:30, we needed to quickly get up there. We made it about 10:15 and they were still happy to make us both omelets. We sat outside where the views were gorgeous and the weather was scorching!

We also had some fruit

Mom had some French toast that she had been looking forward to again, and it wasn’t as good today…

Funny thing was we met several people who had raved about the French toast the first morning and were disappointed with it the second day. The kitchen eventually got it right.

A wonderful CM brought me some gluten free muffins, way too many but I enjoyed them. It was so hot out our butter melted in their packets.

Not many people out with us

Some views

After breakfast we went on a search for some loungers in the breeze but there was very little breeze to be found that day though. We took in the views some more. I looked forward to the evening when we would leave so we could see Los Arcos.

Despite the heat the CMs were busy working

I got settled in the QC, mom went one deck above to scorch in the sun. She kept calling me to join her but it was way too hot. At least next to the water I could go in the pool.

I had the drink of the day, a mango crush. I assumed it was a frozen drink but it was more like a mango mojito. Quite tasty but over much too soon.

At 2:30 we were able to escape the sun and go see Finding Dory in the Buena Vista Theater. It was such a good movie! Exceeded all my expectations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter