Does DCL ships have libraries?

I'm on my 3rd one. I have first generation, nook color (I think) and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I love them all and have upgraded for more memory and features. I read almost exclusively on my nook now because it is so convenient. I used to carry a lot of books with me too. Do you use Overdrive?

I am on my third one too. I traded in my 1st gen when they offered a gift card for doing so. Got one of the initial tablets, but then it stopped working - and only using it for reading I went to the Simple Touch with GloLight.

I've had issues with any of the free rental services, so no.

Being able to stop half-filling my luggage and carry-on with books has changed my life. Love it for magazines too. My library system provides about 300 different magazines online for free along with the ebooks.

I am on my third one too. I traded in my 1st gen when they offered a gift card for doing so. Got one of the initial tablets, but then it stopped working - and only using it for reading I went to the Simple Touch with GloLight.

I've had issues with any of the free rental services, so no.
Overdrive is a way to link to library ebooks. If you have a library card you can link it through Overdrive and access their elibrary. I have 3 different libraries linked (although I use Seattle the most) and love using it to check out books from anywhere in the world. So you're not "renting" a book, just checking it out of the library. Like cadien said, they often have magazines as well. It's so convenient. When I finish a book I can check out another one within a minute or two.

Overdrive is a way to link to library ebooks. If you have a library card you can link it through Overdrive and access their elibrary. I have 3 different libraries linked (although I use Seattle the most) and love using it to check out books from anywhere in the world. So you're not "renting" a book, just checking it out of the library. Like cadien said, they often have magazines as well. It's so convenient. When I finish a book I can check out another one within a minute or two.

Yeah, but I cannot get anything from my library to link to my nook. It will look like it will, but there is no content.

Yeah, but I cannot get anything from my library to link to my nook. It will look like it will, but there is no content.
I think I had that problem once. I think I deleted and then reinstalled the app and it worked fine.
You can download Overdrive on your phone or computer also.

I think I had that problem once. I think I deleted and then reinstalled the app and it worked fine.

I have a Kobo Aura one ereader. It is great for Overdrive content because I can sign onto my library account and borrow titles directly from the device.

I don't have apps on my nook. It's a SimpleTouch. And I don't read books on my phone or computer.

I don't have apps on my nook. It's a SimpleTouch. And I don't read books on my phone or computer.
Oops! I wasn't thinking about what kind of nook you had. Obviously, it's a different situation. Anyway, ereaders are great.

Interesting. I was just talking to a lady today about that. She mentioned that her (teenaged) son is a big book collector and refuses to read on a device, too. I got to thinking about it and most kids I know (my DSs and their friends, cousins, etc) refuse to read on devices. They'll do everything else on their phones, but they want a book when they want to read. Something about the touch and feel. Maybe it's about the disconnect, although they don't realize it.

I am a firm believer in books, as well, but I just got fed up with paying a premium for a book I was only going to read once and discard/donate. Also, it's so much easier to keep a pile of books on a device than in my suitcase, as people have said. I will read on my ipad first, but on my kindle paperwhite second. I would read on my phone if I was desperate, but, you're right, it's not ideal. For me, it's too small.

Oops! I wasn't thinking about what kind of nook you had. Obviously, it's a different situation. Anyway, ereaders are great.

Yep! :) LOVE it!!

If there's something I really WANT to read that isn't available for nook (rare, but it happens) I'll get the dead tree book from the library. But that's like 1 or 2 at a time.

I love downloading Overdrive books before cruises! My library also recently started supporting Hoopla, which has books, videos, music and comic books (my husband loves the latter). You can rent up to 10 per month, no charge at all.

I love downloading Overdrive books before cruises! My library also recently started supporting Hoopla, which has books, videos, music and comic books (my husband loves the latter). You can rent up to 10 per month, no charge at all.
My husband has almost entirely switched to reading comics on his phone. He has one of the direct subscriptions. Which makes his own carry-on much lighter now too.

Hoopla has a fantastic inventory but so many libraries can't use them because they charge per check-out and that's impossible to budget for so their city/county can't approve it.

I haven't heard of Hoopla. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Interesting. I was just talking to a lady today about that. She mentioned that her (teenaged) son is a big book collector and refuses to read on a device, too. I got to thinking about it and most kids I know (my DSs and their friends, cousins, etc) refuse to read on devices. They'll do everything else on their phones, but they want a book when they want to read. Something about the touch and feel. Maybe it's about the disconnect, although they don't realize it.

I am a firm believer in books, as well, but I just got fed up with paying a premium for a book I was only going to read once and discard/donate. Also, it's so much easier to keep a pile of books on a device than in my suitcase, as people have said. I will read on my ipad first, but on my kindle paperwhite second. I would read on my phone if I was desperate, but, you're right, it's not ideal. For me, it's too small.

My 11 year old will only read on the Kindle app if there is no other choice. Even though my books sync across devices, I usually read one book on the ipad and another on my phone.

I have a nook, Barnes and Noble tablet reader. that way I have my library of 700 books with me. I also check out e-library books through the Overdrive app.

I love the Overdrive app (I use it on my iPad). For vacations I always download a couple of books on there and then also pack a cheap paperback for pool/beach so I don’t have to worry about water damage or theft with the iPad.

My 11 year old will only read on the Kindle app if there is no other choice. Even though my books sync across devices, I usually read one book on the ipad and another on my phone.
I picked up a Kindle Paperwhite for only $50 on Woot a few months ago. Love it so far...much easier on the eyes than a tablet or smaller phone screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter