Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Honestly I think almost every restaurant has positive and negative reviews. I generally don’t listen to them because I want to try things for myself. I read them and file away what people said but choose based on menu and experience. For example we loved BOG dinner. We always had excellent food there (trying pre-fixe this coming summer for first time). Many many people can’t stand the exact same meals we get

Same here. And also once a few reviews come out people tend to try an compare to them. We are going sunday and I fully expect to enjoy the meal, I know the kids will have a blast and in the end that is what counts.

Honestly I think almost every restaurant has positive and negative reviews. I generally don’t listen to them because I want to try things for myself. I read them and file away what people said but choose based on menu and experience. For example we loved BOG dinner. We always had excellent food there (trying pre-fixe this coming summer for first time). Many many people can’t stand the exact same meals we get

That’s a great point and well said. To each their own. Some of my best meals of late were at restaurants that others had mentioned as terrible or going downhill. Also, I really want to see the Queen!

Have my (second) reservation here March 16th - hoping I can move it earlier though or to March 18th altogether! Such a great experience though!

Same here. And also once a few reviews come out people tend to try an compare to them. We are going sunday and I fully expect to enjoy the meal, I know the kids will have a blast and in the end that is what counts.
I love reading the reviews but you're right that you have to take it with a grain of salt. Restaurants have off nights (I bet especially when new experiences) and different people have different tastes and different expectations. I know too what else is going on really affects my perception of a meal and things that would not even register if everything is going great can become downright intolerable if I am already in a bad mood due to other stuff going wrong or if I'm tired or the kid is tired etc.

I'm still looking forward to trying this experience but honestly if I were to go by the recent reviews I'd basically just cancel all of my dining. I do love a few things that get repeated panned so I always try to remember that when I see bad reviews of something I am wanting to do. Not that I am trying to invalidate anyone else's experience, there is just so much that goes into what your overall experience is and so many factors... overall I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I love reading the reviews but you're right that you have to take it with a grain of salt. Restaurants have off nights (I bet especially when new experiences) and different people have different tastes and different expectations. I know too what else is going on really affects my perception of a meal and things that would not even register if everything is going great can become downright intolerable if I am already in a bad mood due to other stuff going wrong or if I'm tired or the kid is tired etc.

I'm still looking forward to trying this experience but honestly if I were to go by the recent reviews I'd basically just cancel all of my dining. I do love a few things that get repeated panned so I always try to remember that when I see bad reviews of something I am wanting to do. Not that I am trying to invalidate anyone else's experience, there is just so much that goes into what your overall experience is and so many factors... overall I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Very well said!

I think a lot of people hear about the "pixie dust" type of experiences and have their expectations set WAY too high (for all Disney dining - not just this meal).

I am not expecting fine dining. I am expecting decent food and pictures with characters that until now have been difficult to find, at a restaurant whose goal is to turn over tables as quickly as possible (best thing for them about the limited meal choices, after all).

I ate here on Dec. 28th with my daughter. Overall was not impressed. I paid $150 for a rushed meal for myself and my 10 year old daughter which was a complete rip off in my opinion. The appetizers were terrible. The chicken I ordered was borderline done..pink inside I was a little afraid to eat it. The vegetarian dish was decent. Desserts not very good. Character experience rushed and not memorable except the queen...it was neat meeting her. I would not do it again especially considering the outrageous price for mediocre food.

Had dinner this evening and it was fantastic! I had the prime rib and my daughter had the pasta. Each dish was perfect. The desserts were also very good. The Evil Queen was absolutely evil. Perfect.

ETA I was told there are dvc and AP discounts, I know there were mixed answers being given initially but they gave us our discount without an issue.

Interesting reading the reviews after watching DFB's video review of this. I got my family really pumped to try this place for our trip in March and was planning on hunting for reservation. I was hoping this would be a different feel of a character meal (aka, not pushed to get patrons in and out with mediocre food). Sounds like most people are having a meh experience. Now, not sure worth the effort to try to snatch a reservation.

I have a reservation for storybook Dining , but now based on recent reviews I’m wondering if its worth the effort to get there...we have CRT later in the trip so will see Snow White there too. I’m really torn !

Interesting reading the reviews after watching DFB's video review of this. I got my family really pumped to try this place for our trip in March and was planning on hunting for reservation. I was hoping this would be a different feel of a character meal (aka, not pushed to get patrons in and out with mediocre food). Sounds like most people are having a meh experience. Now, not sure worth the effort to try to snatch a reservation.

I have a reservation for storybook Dining , but now based on recent reviews I’m wondering if its worth the effort to get there...we have CRT later in the trip so will see Snow White there too. I’m really torn !
We went tonight and were not rushed in any way. The Evil Queen was amazing and never broke character. Food was fantastic.

Honestly I’m going there for the characters grumpy and dopey one on one!?

I’m also dressing my little man as dopey!

Although I’m sorry if this has been addressed can you ask for more appetizers?? As a grown man I need just a little more of substance.

Honestly I’m going there for the characters grumpy and dopey one on one!?

I’m also dressing my little man as dopey!

Although I’m sorry if this has been addressed can you ask for more appetizers?? As a grown man I need just a little more of substance.
I'm not sure about asking for more, but we asked to leave the shrimp off and they let us pick another to substitute. So we had doubles of the meat pies

I'm not sure about asking for more, but we asked to leave the shrimp off and they let us pick another to substitute. So we had doubles of the meat pies

Thanks for mentioning this, because this is exactly what we want to do! No one in our party eats shrimp. Hoping they'll let us try the kids app :)

I had a reservation for Jan 24 but cancelled due to my own illness. Went to ER on Dec 31- and I am still not right. Thought if I can't really eat- don't want to spend $55 on something I may or may not be able to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts