Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Joining this thread because I’d like to hear more about this restaurant. Missed the boat on an adr but maybe one will pop up

I would imagine not because it is not AYCTE. Never hurts to ask though.
On the Dis video review Pete mentioned that they had asked their server about getting more apps. He reports that the server said yes. But that was opening night and who knows if you might get the same response with a different server on a different night. They didn’t actually get extras, as they asked after their meal was over for future reference.

We went on the 2nd day they were open. We did not have a good experience at all. I should have known when our server came to our table and said that he worked at Artist Point before it switched to the Snow White dinner and he was very upset b/c he likes to be the center of attention, and now with Snow White there he can't be the one everyone is focusing on. I thought he was joking, but he never cracked a smile, and it only went downhill from there. Our dinner took 2 hours and 20 minutes, and that's only b/c we got tired of waiting for the food and had to ask other servers to bring the dessert, otherwise there is no telling how long we would have waited. It was very disappointing, and my husband absolutely refuses to go back. I enjoyed the prime rib, but my son had the kids grilled chicken and it was so dry I couldn't even cut it. He ended up eating all the beef off my plate. Our server never came to our table, so we couldn't even get my son a different meal. My husband and other son had the Snapper and usually love all fish dishes, but neither liked the snapper here.

When we were there, you had tables that were making pictures of absolutely everything and those that were videoing the entire meal. I think that the servers and managers noticed this and focused on these tables thinking they were bloggers or doing reviews and wanted good reviews. Our table and the table behind us got horrible service. The 2 ladies behind me were actually crying as they were trying to figure out their checks b/c our server (we both had the same guy) had taken their $500 gift card and drained the whole card. He kept telling him that there was nothing he could do. I think he was trying to avoid their table, so he never came back to ours.

We went on the 2nd day they were open. We did not have a good experience at all. I should have known when our server came to our table and said that he worked at Artist Point before it switched to the Snow White dinner and he was very upset b/c he likes to be the center of attention, and now with Snow White there he can't be the one everyone is focusing on. I thought he was joking, but he never cracked a smile, and it only went downhill from there. Our dinner took 2 hours and 20 minutes, and that's only b/c we got tired of waiting for the food and had to ask other servers to bring the dessert, otherwise there is no telling how long we would have waited. It was very disappointing, and my husband absolutely refuses to go back. I enjoyed the prime rib, but my son had the kids grilled chicken and it was so dry I couldn't even cut it. He ended up eating all the beef off my plate. Our server never came to our table, so we couldn't even get my son a different meal. My husband and other son had the Snapper and usually love all fish dishes, but neither liked the snapper here.

When we were there, you had tables that were making pictures of absolutely everything and those that were videoing the entire meal. I think that the servers and managers noticed this and focused on these tables thinking they were bloggers or doing reviews and wanted good reviews. Our table and the table behind us got horrible service. The 2 ladies behind me were actually crying as they were trying to figure out their checks b/c our server (we both had the same guy) had taken their $500 gift card and drained the whole card. He kept telling him that there was nothing he could do. I think he was trying to avoid their table, so he never came back to ours.

Completely unacceptable.

At no point should he have considered himself the center of attention - the customer is!

Did you speak with a manager before you left? You should have asked one of the servers you asked for dessert to have him come to your table. If you have your receipt that can track your date/time/table - I would still send an email.

Completely unacceptable.

At no point should he have considered himself the center of attention - the customer is!

Did you speak with a manager before you left? You should have asked one of the servers you asked for dessert to have him come to your table. If you have your receipt that can track your date/time/table - I would still send an email.

I have sent an email and haven't heard back yet. I tried to find a manager but couldn't find one after they got done with the other table's issues. Honestly my husband was so over that dinner that he didn't care at that point. We just all wanted to leave so bad that they wouldn't even let me finish the dessert. I really wish there was a way to tip the poor server that had to bring us all the different courses. He was really nice and very understanding.

For those of you that have done both - 1900 Park Fare dinner OR Storybook Dining dinner? I currently have a reservation at SD at AP/WL, but I had originally been watching for 1900 PF and unfortunately cannot do both. TY!

Dined here on 12/26. Reservation was for 8 but they accommodated us in early just after 7.

First I’ll say that the character interactions were some of the best I have had at a character dining meal. The dwarfs and the Queen were amazing as many others have said.

Service was okay, the waiter seemed very rushed to take our drink orders and our entree orders, but we saw him very little after.

As far as the food, it was very inconsistent. I ordered the prime rib, the meat was a little bit tough but had good flavor, potatoes and carrots were actually very good. The other three in my party ordered the snapper and enjoyed it, but didn’t rave about it. The appetizers were fine but small (loved the soup and meat pies, shrimp cocktail very plain), and the desserts were nothing special.

Overall, it was a very different experience and certainly not bad overall, but we will not return for a while.

I’ve been trying to keep up on this thread so my apologies if I’ve missed it... but is the Disney debit card discount accepted at Storybook dining? It was at Artist Point but not sure how it works with the change to a character meal. Thanks!

We are going to book this for our trip. We are doing the QSDp but will pay OP for this and one breakfest. We go for two weeks so the QSDp just works better for us.

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back here and report on our experience at the Storybook dining at Artist Point but life got in the way. Here goes:
We went the 2nd night. We had reservations at 830 and we were seated right around that time. To begin with, let me say that the Character experience was great but that was about the only upside to this experience for my party.

We were seated where we could not see anything due to a wall. We asked if we could be moved but were told that we couldn't. The place wasn't even full. The next party who sat beside us asked and they moved them. I elected to just not say anything because by that time our waiter had rushed us to order and was very demanding about us making a decision as quickly as possible for our entrée. I had some questions about the appetizers and desserts but he just kept wanting us to order. He kept rushing us throughout the experience. We aren't slow eaters but we do like to take our time and not feel rushed. But when we wanted our check, it took forever!! To the point that when we were getting ready to meet the Evil Queen they say that she would only be there for another 10 minutes and that if we wanted to see her before her break we needed to go get in line. So I sent my niece and sister to the line while I waited for our waiter to bring our check. Thankfully, it all worked out.

The food itself left a lot to be desired. I have no idea what some of the flavors were that I ate but the appetizers were down right terrible. I have had butternut squash soup before and I really like it but what they served was inedible. The chicken pie or whatever it was, was so bland and had no flavor. We didn't even try the shrimp and my niece usually really likes shrimp of all kinds. My niece and I got the chicken. I asked if they could leave the brussel sprouts off mine and the waiter said that I could just eat around them and that the plates are already prepared. Okay...I just ate around them. My chicken was borderline done. My sister got the prime rib and it was way too overcooked. Again, I was giving the kitchen the benefit of the doubt since it was the second night. The desserts..well. The best thing was the box of caramel popcorn and chocolate hearts. My niece joked that they must have just opened up some Cracker Jacks and put in the box. I was not impressed.

I give this experience a solid C-. It could have been us too. We had a long day and I should have not booked it so late in the evening but it was the only time I could get. The only draw to this is meeting the Queen and the Dwarfs. I may give it another try, but I wish there were other options to choose from on the menu. I think this has potential, but I think there is much work to be done.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reviews everyone. I had a solo reservation for tomorrow night (even have my Snow White outfit picked out!), but, in looking at the more recent reviews, I just cancelled it. Don't think I can stomach the price for, what sounds like, a hit-or-miss experience. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if the food and service improve. To everyone who posted their experience - a big thank you!

We ate there yesterday. Our server was really pushing the roast beef. 2 of us got the roast beef and it was delicious. We enjoyed the potatoes, carrots and Yorkshire. We also got the seafood stew - just okay and the gnocchi - too rich for me. We all wished that we had ordered 4 of the prime rib roasts.

Over all it was okay. It’s what we expected after reading reviews. Character interaction was quick. Nothing memorable. A quick hello and picture. But that’s fine for us. My husband was just happy to get his picture taken with Grumpy. Lol.

I enjoyed the Gooseberry pie.
Overall, it’s once and done. But I’m glad we did it. They took an AP discount, so that’s good.

Hmmm. The thread is making me much more nervous about keeping my solo reservation at the end of January. I'll try to keep my expectations pretty low - but since I don't know when I'll be heading back to WDW, I guess I'll give it a shot.

Honestly I think almost every restaurant has positive and negative reviews. I generally don’t listen to them because I want to try things for myself. I read them and file away what people said but choose based on menu and experience. For example we loved BOG dinner. We always had excellent food there (trying pre-fixe this coming summer for first time). Many many people can’t stand the exact same meals we get

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter