Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by wmjeffer, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Lisa F

Lisa F is a very wise woman

2. Kip Herner

Kip Herner Earning My Ears

Sweet, I was just able to pick up a reservation for the this coming Monday. It pays to keep checking.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disprincess2213

disprincess2213 DIS Veteran

IS TIW accepted? It was always accepted at AP before the change but is it now? THis will really make a difference for us! Thanks!!

5. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

TiW currently not showing on list. :mad:

Pretty sure it was when it opened and I booked.

Under AP Dining Discounts is this ...

Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    10%

6. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

Thanks great review we are looking forward to dining here in March

7. reluctantredhead

reluctantredhead Mouseketeer

Believe me, I hear you! I'm 46, and I'm pretty sure I'm comfortable with my decision too, lol. Tried to turn veg as a 6 year old child after finding out where meat came from (we lived on a small family farm and my job was to care for the ducks, chickens, and pigs...I was a very shy child and they were my really my only friends at that point...and one night at dinner my older brother made a crack about the fact that we were "eating Bessie the chicken" and I was horrified and burst into tears and said I was never eating meat again), but my old school, Depression-era father told me in no uncertain terms that until I was 18 and not living under his roof, I would eat whatever they put on my plate. Sooo...went off to college at 18 and became a vegetarian then, lol. However, I'm the only vegetarian among my siblings (it didn't bother anyone else that we were "eating Bessie"), and I don't have any veg friends IRL (my best friend actually also grew up on a family farm and enjoys butchering her own meat!)...so I definitely don't judge others and don't expect anyone else to make the same choice I do! :)

Anyway, literally until the day my dad died he thought I was crazy for the choice I made. He passed away of cancer about 10 years ago, and I cared for him in his final days and actually prepared his last meal...a pastrami sandwich. He was annoyed with me that I wouldn't eat some of it with him, lol. He was a great man, and I miss him terribly, but we'll never see eye to eye on that issue!

Cramden, PPFlight75, ariane37 and 2 others like this.
  8. danikoski

danikoski DIS Veteran

Has anyone dined here with an under 3 yr old? Do they offer them food? Thinking of booking this for our trip, but I have a then to be 19 month old. Funny thing is the toddler eats more than his 15 yr old brother. Actually the 15 yr old would like chicken tenders, whereas the toddler would probably eat the prime rib (he'd eat chicken tenders too). So just curious what folks experience has been with the under 3 set here.

9. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Capang likes this.
  10. steph12

steph12 Mouseketeer

We had one there on 12/18, which was the 2nd day it was open. I think they've been there the whole time.

Capang, Lisa F and xlsm like this.
  11. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

FoodieFriend likes this.
  12. Mascara&MouseEars

Mascara&MouseEars Earning My Ears

Waiting for our 180 days window to open so I can get a reservation for our August trip. My DD really wants to dine here so hoping it will be worth the fact that its a little out of the way. Staying at YC, any advice on best way to get to the resort?

Micharlotte likes this.
  13. Lisa F

well Disney parks blog just got around to announcing it! :rotfl2:

FoodieFriend likes this.
  14. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

There is no harm in asking for a substitution. The worst they can do is say no.

reluctantredhead likes this.
  15. bigeyedfish

bigeyedfish Mouseketeer

We are taking Mears from CBR to WL. Just under $20, but worth it for me to not waste so much time taking a bus to the park and then a boat to WL.

Mascara&MouseEars and MonaMN like this.
  16. jennawesome

jennawesome Earning My Ears

Anyone that dined here this month on the DDP - is this a 1 credit or 2 credit booking? I thought it was still 1 credit, but just read elsewhere it is now 2 credits?

17. mmouse50

mmouse50 DIS Veteran

Sorry if this listed somewhere within the thread but what is the cost of Storybook Dining?

18. dmetcalfrn

dmetcalfrn Mouseketeer

Just booked yesterday for Feb and the confirmation says 1 entitlement for dp and dxdp.

jennawesome and LovePug like this.
  19. Lisa F

where did you read this? It may be old info as AP used to be 2 credits. I do expect it will go up at some point though.

20. jennawesome

jennawesome Earning My Ears

Someone shared the PDF for dining for 2019 in the Disney Dining Plan forum...but I think it hasn't been updated/isn't correct. Artist Point did used to be a 2 credit place before the revamp into Storybook Dining. The WDW website still lists it as 1 credit, which I hope it stays that way until at least me and my DH get there in July :).

Araminta18 likes this.
  21. MonaMN

MonaMN DIS Veteran

When it was announced months ago, it was indicated that it was one DP credit. That could change, of course, but that is in line with Akershus, Chef Mickey, 190 Park Fare... other character meals that are not in the Castle.