Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Sweet, I was just able to pick up a reservation for the this coming Monday. It pays to keep checking.

IS TIW accepted? It was always accepted at AP before the change but is it now? THis will really make a difference for us! Thanks!!

My family was very excited for this meal!! We went on 12/30 at 6:15pm. I did a DisBound as Snow White and carried a Danielle Nicole Dopey purse, lol...I fit in with the little girls in their outfits, and met another adult decked out in evil queen wear. Overall most people were dressed pretty casually, in jeans or shorts and t-shirts.

Service was slow - our waiter had a ton of tables. I believe they were understaffed for the evening, because there were a lot of manager looking types (i.e. not in traditional server costuming) coming out to clear tables and things. When we were able to snag our server, he was accommodating, but I didn't end up with a single refill. My other family members did, b/c they drank at a speed that worked out with his timing. I'm slow I guess!!

Food was excellent!! The chicken pies were good, sort of tasted like an egg roll, which was odd but tasty. The shrimp was great! Plump and juicy, and the sauce was spicy but not *too* much, just enough for flavor, and whatever the other sauce in the jar with it was was really good (is it avocado cream? i can't remember, but it was good). Make sure you get all the saucy stuff in the jar onto your bite of shrimp! The butternut squash soup was the star app. I could have eaten a gallon of it, holy cow.

Oldest DS and I had the veal, and it was delicious. DH had the gnocchi, and it was the second best dish of the night. Youngest DS had the snapper, and while fine, it wasn't as good as the other two dishes. If we hadn't tasted the veal or gnocchi, our opinion may have been different.

Character interaction was pretty good, but we didn't engage quite as much as we do other places (weird, I know, since I was thrilled for these particular characters and dressed for the occasion). Snow was fine, and the dwarfs were both very fun. The queen was the real winner of the night. As we were being seated for dinner she was leaving for a break. She saw my purse and stopped me, and said thank you for bringing me the head of the dwarf, LOL!! When we met her officially as we were leaving, she said, "Ah yes, you are the one who brought me the head of the dwarf...next time bring me the WHOLE dwarf. You have three huntsmen with you, it shouldn't be too hard". She was gorgeous and perfect and amazing!

I'm not sharing the group photo with the queen, I look awful, LOL!!

Dessert was probably the weakest part of the meal, but definitely the most attractive. The little sour apple things were underwhelming after reading such positive reviews. I mean, they were fine, but sort of blah. The cake/frosting cup things were gross. The real winner was the gooseberry pie, and I'd have happily eaten all four of them myself! The popcorn/heart thing was dramatic and fun!! The chocolates were soft, with a creamy filling. The popcorn was...popcorn. The kind from Karamell Kuche in Germany is better in our opinion.

All four of us agreed we would return with no complaints. We were full but not miserable, the food was excellent as a whole, and the ambiance was so much fun. They did a nice job keeping Artist Point's signature look, but elevated it with the addition of the branches on the trees. It works, and doesn't look hokey or tacky - which it very easily could have!!

I would definitely recommend this meal, especially if they keep the food at this level of quality. Dessert was the only real weakness, but they sure were pretty.
Thanks great review we are looking forward to dining here in March

I cannot understand why there is ever an issue about how one eats, and why anyone feels the need to either ridicule, question, or explain away someones else's decision. My DD has not eaten beef since she was 16, and at 42 I think she is pretty comfortable with that decision. My poor DH is still trying to figure out why. One day she told him "Because" and he has not said a thing since. LOL!

Believe me, I hear you! I'm 46, and I'm pretty sure I'm comfortable with my decision too, lol. Tried to turn veg as a 6 year old child after finding out where meat came from (we lived on a small family farm and my job was to care for the ducks, chickens, and pigs...I was a very shy child and they were my really my only friends at that point...and one night at dinner my older brother made a crack about the fact that we were "eating Bessie the chicken" and I was horrified and burst into tears and said I was never eating meat again), but my old school, Depression-era father told me in no uncertain terms that until I was 18 and not living under his roof, I would eat whatever they put on my plate. Sooo...went off to college at 18 and became a vegetarian then, lol. However, I'm the only vegetarian among my siblings (it didn't bother anyone else that we were "eating Bessie"), and I don't have any veg friends IRL (my best friend actually also grew up on a family farm and enjoys butchering her own meat!)...so I definitely don't judge others and don't expect anyone else to make the same choice I do! :)

Anyway, literally until the day my dad died he thought I was crazy for the choice I made. He passed away of cancer about 10 years ago, and I cared for him in his final days and actually prepared his last meal...a pastrami sandwich. He was annoyed with me that I wouldn't eat some of it with him, lol. He was a great man, and I miss him terribly, but we'll never see eye to eye on that issue!

Has anyone dined here with an under 3 yr old? Do they offer them food? Thinking of booking this for our trip, but I have a then to be 19 month old. Funny thing is the toddler eats more than his 15 yr old brother. Actually the 15 yr old would like chicken tenders, whereas the toddler would probably eat the prime rib (he'd eat chicken tenders too). So just curious what folks experience has been with the under 3 set here.

Waiting for our 180 days window to open so I can get a reservation for our August trip. My DD really wants to dine here so hoping it will be worth the fact that its a little out of the way. Staying at YC, any advice on best way to get to the resort?

But why shouldn't someone get what they like better if they are paying a fortune for their meal? Is there really a reason why they shouldn't be able to sub and swap around sides?

I am also a passionate home cook (just look at my fb feed. I live in what is an ethnic culinary wasteland... if I want something other than seafood and steaks I have to make it myself. I make indian, chinese, mexican. I endlessly test and tweak recipes. FB is sick of me, lol.

I know what I like and I know what I don't like. I have certain flavors that I can tolerate but know I don't much care for. I don't care for celery but I do use it in certain things where it doesn't make the dish taste like celery but it does need it to maintain the complexity about it that I like. I usually cut back on it though. I tweaked my stock for months finding the right amount of celery where I didn't taste "celery" yet it didn't taste like something is missing. I just don't much like celery flavor and I do want to get the veal so I am going to ask for potatoes to sub and if they don't do it, I will live with it and try a few bites of the celery root but I don't like celery flavor. It might be fine all together but for $55 I'd rather enjoy my whole meal and I have cooked enough and eaten enough to be pretty confident that any kind of unctuous braised meat and gravy is a pretty good match for mashed potatoes, and I love horseradish with that kind of stuff too.

I have been surprised by things I didn't think I'd like but I have never suddenly had an epiphany about a flavor I know i don't like.

My son is on the spectrum and not a very adventurous eater. Textures are big for him. He does like ribeye so I am hoping I can trim up this prime rib enough for him to have a good dinner because he doesn't like the fatty parts. He does not like anything "spicy" and is very sensitive to it and also not a fan of mashed potatoes really texturally, but he does like roasted potatoes. So I'm going to ask to sub the kid's roasted potatoes. He won't eat any of the veggies. For $55, why shouldn't he enjoy his meal if Disney will accommodate? If Disney wouldn't accommodate and I would have to decide if I wanted to pay that much for him to eat the meat and nothing else and then give him a snack after.... but for what they charge and the fact that ARE very accommodating, what good reason do you have that people should NOT be able to eat what they like to eat? You ask why but I ask why not? :)
There is no harm in asking for a substitution. The worst they can do is say no.

Anyone that dined here this month on the DDP - is this a 1 credit or 2 credit booking? I thought it was still 1 credit, but just read elsewhere it is now 2 credits?

Sorry if this listed somewhere within the thread but what is the cost of Storybook Dining?

Anyone that dined here this month on the DDP - is this a 1 credit or 2 credit booking? I thought it was still 1 credit, but just read elsewhere it is now 2 credits?
where did you read this? It may be old info as AP used to be 2 credits. I do expect it will go up at some point though.

where did you read this? It may be old info as AP used to be 2 credits. I do expect it will go up at some point though.

Someone shared the PDF for dining for 2019 in the Disney Dining Plan forum...but I think it hasn't been updated/isn't correct. Artist Point did used to be a 2 credit place before the revamp into Storybook Dining. The WDW website still lists it as 1 credit, which I hope it stays that way until at least me and my DH get there in July :).

When it was announced months ago, it was indicated that it was one DP credit. That could change, of course, but that is in line with Akershus, Chef Mickey, 190 Park Fare... other character meals that are not in the Castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!