"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

No, they have not announced. But the language of the announcement makes it seem like it isn’t necessarily opening as soon as YC and BC will...which also has not been announced.

Here is what it says.

View attachment 499588
Thanks for this. I'm assuming it's unlikely SAB would be open in mid-July based on this language. We are contemplating booking a few days, but if SAB is closed we might opt for a different location.

Is there confirmation on pools at the Poly?

Thanks for this. I'm assuming it's unlikely SAB would be open in mid-July based on this language. We are contemplating booking a few days, but if SAB is closed we might opt for a different location.

Is there confirmation on pools at the Poly?

They mention feature pools will have limited hours, so it should be open.

My guess is it'll be open when the main hotel opens. It'd be prohibitively expensive to run just for a few occupied DVC rooms, but they couldn't very well sell the regular rooms without offering the primary resort amenity.

My guess is it'll be open when the main hotel opens. It'd be prohibitively expensive to run just for a few occupied DVC rooms, but they couldn't very well sell the regular rooms without offering the primary resort amenity.

I am crossing my fingers for this to happen. 🤞We have a stay for a few days the first week of August. We were already torn between staying here (home resort) or AKL. I am trying to be patient...

We have an upcoming stay in October. With masks and everything else, we were planning to avoid parks somewhat and really enjoy the pool and resort. I truly hope this won't last until the Fall. Anyone hear word of when the main resort might open?

I’m 99% leaning to canceling my week before Christmas, but I just can’t commit to letting it go yet. 😰 One of my favorite things about BCV is how easy it is for us to hit 2-3 parks each day. Not so sure it’ll be worth it for us with no park hopping since we fly over from So Cal. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m 99% leaning to canceling my week before Christmas, but I just can’t commit to letting it go yet. 😰 One of my favorite things about BCV is how easy it is for us to hit 2-3 parks each day. Not so sure it’ll be worth it for us with no park hopping since we fly over from So Cal. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'd just rework your days and do one park a day. Everything is a little different now; I wouldn't let that be the determining factor. Besides, you'd miss out on the Land boat ride with Christmas lights!

We have an upcoming stay in October. With masks and everything else, we were planning to avoid parks somewhat and really enjoy the pool and resort. I truly hope this won't last until the Fall. Anyone hear word of when the main resort might open?

While there's not been an announcement, I'd be shocked if Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach weren't among the first to open up along with (or following) the MK resorts. Surely they'd want the deluxe open first, especially if capacity is limited, and resorts adjacent to parks seem to be the most obvious to start with assuming reduced transportation capacity. There's no better way to social distance to/from a park than to walk or have your own gondola. (Same reason the GF walkway will almost certainly be open by 7/11.)

I know that Disney has announced a June 22nd opening for Beach Club and that the NBA will be occupying the Yacht club. The SoTB pool area will not be open and Beach Club guests can use the Boardwalk pool. Is this something legally allowable? Beach club dues pay for around half the SoTB pool maintenance and staffing. The NBA can't just have full access to pool that is paid for by people whom can't use it?!?! I'm not a lawyer but I wouldn't be surprised to see law suits filed by Beach Club DVC members. Thoughts?

I know that Disney has announced a June 22nd opening for Beach Club and that the NBA will be occupying the Yacht club. The SoTB pool area will not be open and Beach Club guests can use the Boardwalk pool. Is this something legally allowable? Beach club dues pay for around half the SoTB pool maintenance and staffing. The NBA can't just have full access to pool that is paid for by people whom can't use it?!?! I'm not a lawyer but I wouldn't be surprised to see law suits filed by Beach Club DVC members. Thoughts?

Yes, the DVC contract does not include SAB. Owners pay a prorated share to Disney based on occupancy as it is part of their hotel To have access to use it.

The bulk of the costs to fund SAB are paid by Disney from stays at YC and BC. As long as those resorts are closed, Disney can keep its pool closed,

Now, what they can not do is bill DVC owners for the costs of the pool if they open it to other guests and do not include DVC.

However, they are allowing BCV guests to go to BWV, so we have no idea if they have to pay any fractional share of that.

So, legally, they do not have to allow BCV guests to use it as long as it’s closed...and I don’t think there is anything legally that can prevent Disney from closing it for a private event.

Besides, you'd miss out on the Land boat ride with Christmas lights!

Oooooh, this does sound amazing! That is one of our kids’ favorite rides. 😍 I’m wondering if we were just oblivious during our last NYE trip, or if they had already taken it down. 🤔 I feel like we’d remember that!

Oooooh, this does sound amazing! That is one of our kids’ favorite rides. 😍 I’m wondering if we were just oblivious during our last NYE trip, or if they had already taken it down. 🤔 I feel like we’d remember that!
Last year was the first (and hopefully not last) time they did it. Check out some YouTube videos if you want to see what it was like.

It has been reported that YC/BC is not opening until end of August...so, it may be a long while until SAB opens up....

Quick question. We were moved to BCV 1 bedroom from BWI. Do they have cots available at BCV?
We really had hoped to have 2 1/2 beds to use between the 5 of us.
TIA

Quick question. We were moved to BCV 1 bedroom from BWI. Do they have cots available at BCV?
We really had hoped to have 2 1/2 beds to use between the 5 of us.
TIA
Nope. You can always ask, but I wouldn't bank on it.

1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/beach-club-villas/points-rooms/

I thought the description of our studio villa stated that there is a twin size Murphy bed under the TV. I know we booked a room to accommodate 2 adults and 3 children.

I thought the description of our studio villa stated that there is a twin size Murphy bed under the TV. I know we booked a room to accommodate 2 adults and 3 children.
Correct, a studio unit has the queen bed, full size sleeper sofa, and the small Murphy bed. A 1-bedroom unit has the king bed and queen sleeper sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter