"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Quick question. We were moved to BCV 1 bedroom from BWI. Do they have cots available at BCV?
We really had hoped to have 2 1/2 beds to use between the 5 of us.
TIA

They do not usually put cash guests in the 1bedrooms that sleep 4 with 5 guests.

I would call back and speak to guest services to see if they will change you since there are not sleeping surfaces for 5.

Hi all,
I am a hopefully a new BCV owner--waiting on ROFR. :yay:

I saw this video yesterday showing some of the Boardwalk/Beach Club area. The first 11 minutes is just the empty boardwalk, but when you get to minute 11 hold on tight.....it is one of the most incredible sunsets ever at Disney! (I think it is due to that "dust storm" from the Sahara.)

To the mods, forgive me if this link isn't allowed--not sure on all those posting rules.

Correct, a studio unit has the queen bed, full size sleeper sofa, and the small Murphy bed. A 1-bedroom unit has the king bed and queen sleeper sofa.
Oh.... that doesn't make sense, but glad I got the right room!

It is going to be our first time staying DVC- usually stay in a regular room. To check in, is there a separate lobby for DVC? Or do you use the Beach Club lobby?

It is going to be our first time staying DVC- usually stay in a regular room. To check in, is there a separate lobby for DVC? Or do you use the Beach Club lobby?
Beach club lobby but I strongly suggest mobile check-in; save yourself the time and hassle. They'll still help you with questions, baggage, etc.

Anyone currently at BCV's? Just wondering about the atmosphere
With stormalong bay and epcot/DHS closed, plus the NBA fence, it's one of the less appealing resorts at the moment. I haven't heard from many who are staying there. I'm sure there are a few folks but nobody's posted anything online that I've seen.

I'd personally prefer boardwalk (!) at the moment since at least the main pool is open. That's certainly something I never imagined myself saying! 🤷‍♂️

(dedicating that last part to @pangyal 🤣)

Beach club lobby but I strongly suggest mobile check-in; save yourself the time and hassle. They'll still help you with questions, baggage, etc.

Thank you so much! I kind of felt that was the answer- have done my online check in already. We are staying in a two bedroom- I requested a full balcony

Does the NBA have access to Stormalong Bay or is it closed right now for everyone? I'm really counting on it opening when the full resort opens and while there is not much I would complain about, I would really be angry if their access precluded us from using it.

Does the NBA have access to Stormalong Bay or is it closed right now for everyone? I'm really counting on it opening when the full resort opens and while there is not much I would complain about, I would really be angry if their access precluded us from using it.
That's the $64,000 question isn't it? We're booked for September 9th and I'd love to know by the 31 day mark if I should move it elsewhere.

Thank you so much! I kind of felt that was the answer- have done my online check in already. We are staying in a two bedroom- I requested a full balcony

BCV has full balconies or patios for all their rooms unlike BC so if you have another choice for a request you could drop the full balcony one and request something else. It's a definite mix and some have balconies that go the entire villa length while others have smaller ones that are out each slider but all have chairs on them.

Howdy y’all! I had a couple questions as we wait for the perfect BCV contract to pop up.
  1. I’m a big rapidfill mug person and I found at Kidani last year it was a waste because the walk was so far from my room. How long is the walk from BCV to the Marketplace?
  2. Is there a map of the resort somewhere that is more like a dollhouse view rather than some lettered labels on a roof? Like the room maps on the BCV post on page 1 of the YC/BC thread on the resorts board, but for the common areas?
  3. I see that BCV is scheduled for a refresh next year. Has Disney given any information on what this might include?
Thank you in advance!

I can answer the first question. It’s about 90 seconds from the entrance of the BCV building to the Marketplace, or less depending on walking speed. Of course depending on where your room is it could be a few minutes longer from your room.

1. I see that BCV is scheduled for a refresh next year. Has Disney given any information on what this might include?
Thank you in advance!

It is? It's no more than a soft goods refurb as it just had a full refurb 3-4 years ago. I'm surprised it's on the refurb list though. I thought it was 7 years in between or something like that.

I can answer the first question. It’s about 90 seconds from the entrance of the BCV building to the Marketplace, or less depending on walking speed. Of course depending on where your room is it could be a few minutes longer from your room.

Last year, we were the last room at the end of the hall and it was about a 5 to 7 minute walk to the food court to get coffee. So, anyone who is closer to the elevator would be less than that for sure!

Howdy y’all! I had a couple questions as we wait for the perfect BCV contract to pop up.

Wishing you pixiedust: pixie dust for a good contract!
We just purchased our first BCV points and are super excited. :yay:

Hope you find exactly what you are looking for!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!