Stopover in Savannah

bozley0621

Mouseketeer on the edge.
Savannah is a place I’ve always wanted to visit, so I’m thinking of making it our stop-over on the drive home from Fort Wilderness on October 19 and 20. Can anyone recommend any campgrounds off of I95 that are also a good launch pad for a night in the city?

My family always stays in the Richmond Hill KOA. It's near I-95 and is well-maintained like all the other KOAs.

Savannah is a place I’ve always wanted to visit, so I’m thinking of making it our stop-over on the drive home from Fort Wilderness on October 19 and 20. Can anyone recommend any campgrounds off of I95 that are also a good launch pad for a night in the city?

As the two pp's replied, the Savannah South KOA (at Richmond Hill) is a nice stop over. We've stayed there numerous times.

We’re there now on our way to the fort. I would make reservations as it fills up rather quickly.

I cannot speak for the nightlife but Savannah South KoA was nice for the overnight we did many years ago. The family still talks about it from time to time about our first trip to Fort Wilderness. I see you booked there as well. As others pointed out, it was easy in and out. We had no problem on and off the highway either. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter