but I need ideas on the cheap.
I love fun silly stuff, too.

Items gotten for DS12 so far:
nail clippers
choc. covered sunflower seeds
gum
some buttons for his backpack
I plan to also pick up some boxers.

I've seen a gift idea thread, but I'm just looking to fill the stocking.
I know you guys will have tons of ideas!!

Thanks a ton!

Here's some stuff I picked up for my husband that would work for a 12-year-old and a "nonDH" :-)confused3):

From a sporting goods store:
Toothbrush and pens with their favorite team's logo (Steelers in our case), keychain, or you can even get a house key with the logo

At Target and Kohl's they have little gift boxes. I picked up:
a stress ball
book light
head lamp
mind puzzle thing

Other stuff
tire gauge (his broke and he keeps taking mine)
swiss army knife
what else? . . . can't remember. . .

All of this was under $5.00

Here are some more ideas: chapstick, gum, sunglasses, wallet, hand-held game (there's a fun one I saw at Kohl's called "20 questions" or something and it guesses what you're thinking), deck of cards--baseball if he's into that sort of thing---or playing cards, . . .

Any kind of body wash or spray that teen boys are into - these are fun and fill up a lot of space in a stocking!!!

For the ds I stick to basic stuff like deodorant, gum, playing cards and food products and their favorite candys like twix, reeses,

I guess if it was something funny it would be like a whoopie cushion or something, I know this is kind of gross, but they use a bad word to call each other which seems to be the "in" thing with teens these days. I told them if they call each other this name enough I am going to a dollar store and putting this product in each of their stockings. They have dared me to do it :rotfl2:

For the non dh, how about car air freshener, my dh likes breath strips since he is always in meetings etc.

What's a "nonDH"?:confused3

This is my lovely husband who does not really care for all things disney, but was the best daddy in the world to take our daughter for a daddy daughter weekend at DLR and endure it all.

Thanks to all for the great ideas.
Its off to WalMart and Dick's after work.

This is my lovely husband who does not really care for all things disney, but was the best daddy in the world to take our daughter for a daddy daughter weekend at DLR and endure it all.

Hey have one of those, too!! Only I call him GS(Grumpy Spouse). He does not like Disney or spending a lot of money, so the combination of the two is no picnic for him. But he goes because he wants my DSs and I to have fun, and he manages to have a little fun, too.. Kudos to your nonDH for taking your DD alone! I don't think my DH would do that..I will, however. ;)

Ok, my suggestion is to visit the travel size area of the cosmetics department at either Target or Walmart. Most things are under $1, and they have lots of little neccessities which are kind of fun.

I am glad you explained b/ DH is a pretty common term on the internet for Darling or Dear Husband so I thought you hated him ;)

Thanks to all of you for the great ideas.:thumbsup2
Keep them coming if you have time.
I'm not done shopping yet!!!:laughing:

LOL I call my 'spouse' my Non Husband because we aren't married. We've been together for 9 years and I'm not calling him my boyfriend ;)

I get my DS12 some gourmet candy stuff. He loves Ferrero Rocher so I get him a whole box for himself. Jelly Bellies, wool socks for camping, McDonalds GC.

I don't allow much junk food in my house, so my kids get stuff like Pringles, Doritos, candy bars.

This year DD keeps reminding me she wants a pomegranate in her stocking (she likes them, but they are $$ so I haven't bought any yet this year).
I will also buy a special shampoo or soap for DD (usually something nicer than the usual Suave or cheapo stuff I buy for home).

I usually throw in a small gift card or two to places like McDonald's, Auntie Anne's pretzels, Dunkin' Donuts. That way when the kids want to stop for a junk food lunch they can decide if they want to spend their own $$ on it or skip it!

Scratch tickets (if that is an okay thing in your family) are always fun.

Chapstick, pocket size Purell, fuzzy sox (something to wear around the house), Itunes card, movie passes,

How about a small book of homemade "coupons" good for things like a day off of usual chores, a "pass" on walking the dog on a cold morning, permission to stay up past usual bedtime one weeknight, a coupon for a special batch of homemade cookies (made sometime after the holidays when all the Christmas goodies are gone)?

Well... that is all I can think of for now. HTH..............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter