Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

What we do for our children!
Isn’t that the truth!
ove that mini golf course even though I am terrible at it.
We really enjoyed it and we also are not good at it.
That's the way to do it!
Stacking really does work well for DHS. The park is just to crowded now!
The risotto looked yummy! I am obsessed with the rolls there.
The rolls are so yummy! I would definitely get the ricotta again, very good
believe I still haven't ridden MMRR? This summer for sure!
Wow! I thought you rode with Jack. It is really cute but I sure miss GMR. Such a favorite of ours
I love taking the Skyliner for a little resort hopping on a HS day!
Yes, we have started doing this each trip now!
Such a change in the way we tour now!
It really is. I’m not sure how I will do it at the end of August probably similar but we may do more early mornings because of the hot weather!
like how well the Genie + is working for you but I just don't know if I could give up rope dropping. Your way does make for a more relaxing trip and you did get a good bit done in a short amount of time.
It really did work well for DHS. I would definitely purchase for here!

I would love to live close to Disney, I would be there as much as possible!
Normally that's the case, but we have extenuating circumstances right now. Hopefully that changes by next month.
For the curious, I paid for the Genie+ at 6:45am each day and this worked just fine. If you are a night owl 🦉 you can purchase at midnight, except you need to get up by 7am to make your first selection. I would recommend purchasing at 6:45am.
This is good information. I don't know if we'll use Genie on our next trip. The DAS pass is nice and we normally don't ride too many rides, but we might consider it for me. Fran doesn't always like to ride as much as I do, and the DAS pass is hers, so she has to ride.

Maybe between the two of us, she is usually up late or in the middle of the night, so maybe she can purchase the Genie, and then I will stack it throughout the day.
We had decided on a new, for us, activity! Any guesses?

It is not at a carnival per say, however, the balls for it are at some of the silly carnival games!

It was Mini Golf at the Fantasia course.
I haven't done Mini Golf in probably 35 years or more!
Despite needing some TLC, this was a really fun activity. We loved it. We both had such a good time! We laughed and made fun of each other.
That's always fun when you can laugh at yourselves!
we made another FP right at 10am for MMRR with a time slot of 2:45pm. Living dangerously, since it was very close to our Slinky!
Why is that dangerous, don't they give you a "window" to come back?
We had 4 attractions stacked before entering the park.
That's great!
This was also a new restaurant for us. I was determined to try the Cobb salad 🥗
I love the HBD, had that same cobb salad on our last trip!
I do enjoy this ride and like how it is a little different each time.
Having on been on it once, now this statement makes me curious.....
I never break past the beaver 🦫 prize, haha 😆
I rarely get past that level either. Only when I have someone riding with me who is willing to work to unlock the secrets.
It was only 4pm and we had lunch and did 4 attractions! Thank you Genie 🧞‍♂️ he was working well for us today!
For me that might be time to head back to the room and call it a night! :laughing:
Andi and I always get a perfect spot on the transport ship, right next to the pilot dude and we can see so much.
I always seem to end up at the back watching out that window as we take off from the planet.
I only like being a pilot now, I am a snob!:cool1:
I despise being the pilot. Too much pressure. The few times I did it with people in the ship they were all yelling at me for hitting stuff. When DL reopened during the pandemic and they weren't seating people in separate parties together, I got to pilot a ship all by myself and it was then that I realized even without people yelling at me I don't like the pressure. I prefer engineer. That way I can sit back and watch everything that goes on instead of trying to participate.
We had a really fun day. Genie paid off today for us, I thought so!
Sounds like it!
Stay tuned for another slow paced morning! This is unreal for me, we usually RD every single day! We did not do that this trip!
I rarely rope drop, so it sounds like this Genie thing might work for me.

So what you're saying is parenthood sucks some times?
Haha 😂 some days!
Breakfast of Genie+ Champions
Yes, good one!
Oh, cool! I've always wanted to do that. Some day.
The mini golf was really fun!
Goofy's Auto Dodge
I can see where this could be a pain but it isn’t to bad.
Glad you guys had such a fun time.
I’m glad we decided to do this
didn't even know there was a mini-golf league.
Haha if there was I would not be invited to that one either!
You sure do look happy.
Thanks, I had her take it before I looked all sweaty and haggard 😂
Didn't... keep... score...
My competitive side wouldn't allow that.
We started to but it was just to much work and we were having so much fun 🤩
Is that new? I don't remember that.
I think the little bar was new, I hadn’t seen it before either. The drink was very good!
Wow. I can see advantages...
The stacking did work well and we did 4 main attractions in a short amount of time

For a second, I thought you meant a vegetarian option of Cobb salad.
It did sound like that. They could make it vegetarian fairly easily
at bread and butter.
Not sure why I cut off the quote but yes the rolls and sea salt butter yummy!
Love slushy drinks... especially on a hot day.
Perfect for a hot day! We hit 95 degrees here yesterday hard to believe when it was 60 the day before!
Impressive
We sure are! 😝
hoping to be pilot when we go. I despise Engineer.
It really is fun and more interactive than just pressing the button!

So nice of you to make the early morning Genie selections, my mom would never be able to handle it, Andi is lucky to have you! :laughing: That pool is definitely small, wow! I didn't realize the mini golf had an AP discount, I will have to look into that for our next trip. The only other time I've done mini golf was when we got tickets with a package once. We did Fantasia Gardens as well, it's so cute! Though I confess I have never seen Fantasia! I think a HS afternoon with stacked Genie+ is the way to go. I have done early mornings and always end up sitting on Sunset Blvd twiddling my thumbs waiting for my next time, so boring!
I think Andi would probably get a little earlier times but I do okay. When we had to get the boarding group for Rise, she was much better at it! I would wake her up for that.
The mini golf really was fun and I didn’t think the price was to bad with the AP discount.
The stacking worked great for HS, we have had the same experience sitting around in the am because after do one thing the wait times increase so much It is hard to get anything else done!
Fun looking green drink! That Cobb salad is so delish, I have recreated it at home but nothing's like the real thing. I've never had another Cobb salad anywhere near as good. Bummer on the slow service. I think restaurant tables should have buttons for refills and checks! The longest I have waited for Slinky was around 50 minutes I think and even that was too long! No idea how people do long waits all day long! The Riviera drink looks so refreshing. I love how easy it is to get to the Riv on the skyliner. Not sure if you've tried the Tuna Nicoise salad at Primo Piatto, it's my favorite Disney salad so far! Hooray for Rise being up, it is so finicky! So lucky to be pilots again, I've ridden 3x and have been an engineer every time even when I went with a friend lol! 20 minutes is really good for TSM, I swear the FP line used to be that long.
The drink was very good! I really liked the Cobb salad and I am glad we checked out HBD. Ugh on the slow staff and not refilling water, this is such a problem at Disney!
SDD is a fun ride but definitely not an attraction I would wait longer than 20 minutes for.
We love going to Riviera and really enjoy the food over there. I have the salad on my list to try!
The engineer is very boring compared to the pilot!
Other than the early wake up to buy/select Genie, I do love how you stack them for a great afternoon.
Yes, it really worked well for DHS!
We love the mini golf. The last time we played (2018) a girl in the group ahead of us was on the same teacher training class as my son. It was so funny as neither knew the other were going to be in Florida so big surprise hugs and laughs all round. Connor said they barely ran into each other outside of university at home so definitely weird to do so on holidays
I’m surprised we never tried the mini golf before. How funny to see a coworker there and hardly ever at work! We ran into my son’s friend and his family once at Disney and I think that is it!
Food at HBD looks tasty though we also found the service to be slow. Nice surrounding though and lovely and calm/cool when we were there.
The food was very good but the service was sloooow! I enjoyed the atmosphere in there and looking at all the celebrities on the wall

Haha 😂 some days!
:rolleyes2
I’m glad we decided to do this
:goodvibes
Haha if there was I would not be invited to that one either!
:laughing:
Thanks, I had her take it before I looked all sweaty and haggard 😂
Everyone should post before and after hot Florida day shots.

Um.... I'll let someone else go first.
We started to but it was just to much work and we were having so much fun 🤩
I'll allow it!
The stacking did work well and we did 4 main attractions in a short amount of time
Pretty darn good. That'd be tough to do otherwise.
Perfect for a hot day! We hit 95 degrees here yesterday hard to believe when it was 60 the day before!
We did the same. Toasty! Raining today, though.
We sure are! 😝

How did I miss this??

I had no idea you had a new TR going.....but found it now and getting through it.....

As always lovely pictures and WL is gorgeous! I think I`d stay there if we ever considered going back to Disney.

I`m so glad you enjoyed Hagrid`s....and to do Flight of the Hippogriff straight after....no wonder you needed some sugar. Hagrid`s is amazing and glad you got to do it without a wait.

No Velcocicoaster for you.......lol......it is the best ride ever!!!!! But, you did well on your Universal day!

Need to catch up on more soon....... ::yes::

Normally that's the case, but we have extenuating circumstances right now. Hopefully that changes by next month.
Oh Insure hope you can get back soon!
This is good information. I don't know if we'll use Genie on our next trip. The DAS pass is nice and we normally don't ride too many rides, but we might consider it for me. Fran doesn't always like to ride as much as I do, and the DAS pass is hers, so she has to ride.
The DAS works well for those that need it so I am glad it works for Fran,
I was always use to getting FP pretty easily so I feel like we need to use the Genie with it warts and all :rotfl:
Maybe between the two of us, she is usually up late or in the middle of the night, so maybe she can purchase the Genie, and then I will stack it throughout the day.
That would work great. Fran could purchase it at midnight and you could start stacking at 7am
I haven't done Mini Golf in probably 35 years or more!
I could not remember the last time I had done it. I think when the kids were small
That's always fun when you can laugh at yourselves!
Yes nothing to serious for us, we both are not very competitive
Why is that dangerous, don't they give you a "window" to come back?
Haha 😆 just making sure we timed every thing okay and didn’t have a snag with lunch taking longer.
I love the HBD, had that same cobb salad on our last trip!
I really did as well. I’m glad we finally tried it!
Having on been on it once, now this statement makes me curious.....
When the train splits depending which row you are in, you enter the scenes at different times and in different spots so you can see more of all the scenes.
I rarely get past that level either. Only when I have someone riding with me who is willing to work to unlock the secrets.
Ugh, I never do and Andi even unlocks those secret high point areas and I still can’t get past the Beaver, lol 😆
For me that might be time to head back to the room and call it a night!
That is why we went to relax at The Riviera for a couple hours. It recharged us
I always seem to end up at the back watching out that window as we take off from the planet.
That is a different experience as well
I despise being the pilot. Too much pressure. The few times I did it with people in the ship they were all yelling at me for hitting stuff.
This is funny 😄 I was a little stressed the first time and Andi was yelling at me and she sent a picture to her brother and said mom is crashing the Falcon
I got to pilot a ship all by myself and it was then that I realized even without people yelling at me I don't like the pressure. I prefer engineer. That way I can sit back and watch everything that goes on instead of trying to participate.
The engineer is much more relaxing 😌 I just really enjoy the experience more as pilot
I rarely rope drop, so it sounds like this Genie thing might work for me.
Definitely!

How did I miss this??
:wave2: Hi Carole! Well maybe you have been busy traveling yourself!
I am catching up on your report and have to get back over there!
I had no idea you had a new TR going.....but found it now and getting through it...
Thank you so much for joining in!
As always lovely pictures and WL is gorgeous! I think I`d stay there if we ever considered going back to Disney.
This was a beautiful resort inside and out! I really like the atmosphere
I`m so glad you enjoyed Hagrid`s....and to do Flight of the Hippogriff straight after....no wonder you needed some sugar. Hagrid`s is amazing and glad you got to do it without a wait.
Andi is always impressed I ride Hagrid’s since I am such a ride chicken, lol 😆 I don’t recommend riding both Hagrid rides back to back on an empty stomach!
No Velcocicoaster for you.......lol......it is the best ride ever!!!!! But, you did well on your Universal day!
Insert ride chicken here, lol 😆. Andi agrees with you, her favorite coaster in Orlando! She loves it

Hello 👋 Nice to hear from you! I hope all is well. I know you have been at Disney many times this year, yay!
I like it for the short line access but otherwise it is clunky and not as user friendly as FP+.
I think it was worth it at DAK this trip. I think you were there around the same time, how did you feel the crowds were? I thought it was very busy! We did everything we wanted to with the Genie and fancy ride options.
We are very good at avoiding lines, lol 😂 and if we have to pay we will but I don’t like it!
Yeah I definitely dont love not being able to pick my times or being able to ride things twice. We fully skipped anything that we had to wait for in april! lol because we had the same experience, no waits for what we wanted as long as we were willing to $$$ haha

So we were there the week right after easter and we found that the crowds werent that bad but I also dont know if I just fully prepared us for crazy high crowd levels so anything less than that felt not bad or if Florida APs being blocked out that week helped! But we also paid for the rides so I think between all of those factors and just general disney know how we didnt feel like it was too bad!

What a great day! I will say I do like that with genie plus even though you have to get up early to get the initial LL you can usually take your time getting to the park and stack all of them up! Dan and I did all of Toy Story Land in November in like an hour with genie plus. so it can definitely work! haha

Did you guys find you had more time to do things outside of rides with genie plus? That was the biggest difference i felt with some version of fastpass being back. It was nice to be able to do all the rides AND get the drinks and rest and enjoy the atmosphere again!

Yeah I definitely dont love not being able to pick my times or being able to ride things twice. We fully skipped anything that we had to wait for in april! lol because we had the same experience, no waits for what we wanted as long as we were willing to $$$ haha
Ugh 😑 I remember not liking the idea of FP+, now I long for those 60 day advanced reservations! You know as a veteran Disney traveler how we could get 4,5,6,etc FP+ without much effort. I really miss riding things more than once. We always took advantage of that!
So we were there the week right after easter and we found that the crowds werent that bad but I also dont know if I just fully prepared us for crazy high crowd levels so anything less than that felt not bad or if Florida APs being blocked out that week helped! But we also paid for the rides so I think between all of those factors and just general disney know how we didnt feel like it was too bad!
We arrived on 4/26, We have been at this time before and much less crowded in my memories, however cheer week was starting this week and I’m sure many are traveling now for missed events and vacations!
What a great day! I will say I do like that with genie plus even though you have to get up early to get the initial LL you can usually take your time getting to the park and stack all of them up! Dan and I did all of Toy Story Land in November in like an hour with genie plus. so it can definitely work! haha
I do as well. I complain but honestly I am usually wide awake by 6am 😄
I was surprised how quickly we did the 4 attractions after lunch.
Did you guys find you had more time to do things outside of rides with genie plus? That was the biggest difference i felt with some version of fastpass being back. It was nice to be able to do all the rides AND get the drinks and rest and enjoy the atmosphere again!
We do, the lounge life at Disney is a big part of our trips now! We love Bar Riva, GP, and Nomad Lounge. We did take time to enjoy different activities and lounges! I love sitting with a drink in hand enjoying the atmosphere!

The Genie 🧞‍♂️ stayed in his bottle today!

4/30/22 Saturday

I woke up around 7am today and didn’t rush to plan my day on the MDE. We decided not to use the Genie+ today.

Our plans included a leisurely morning at WL and FW.

I did pay for the fancy ride FOP. I wanted the time frame of 5:45-6:45pm. We had a very special tour planned at 3pm in AK and a ride on FOP after this was perfect!

We decided to mobile order breakfast from Roaring Fork today.

I went with the kids Mickey waffle meal. This came with 2 waffles, bacon, sausage, and a milk for $7.99.
IMG_2022-6-26-122545.jpg

Andi went with the chicken and waffles. This was basically 2 chicken strips and 2 waffles for $11.99.
IMG_2022-6-26-122409.jpg
Andi went down to pick it up when it was ready, the mobile ordering worked very well for us this trip!

Sorry about the plastic utensils in the box, professional food photographer I am not! 😝

We loved our breakfast. The waffles were fluffy inside and tasted like the good old waffles again! Disney chicken strips are always delicious.

We sat out on our deck and enjoyed our breakfast, the scenery, and an iced coffee. It was very nice to lounge for awhile and not have to rush somewhere. It was also nice not to spend the morning on my phone planning the day!

When we were ready, it was time to check out the WL resort area.
IMG_2022-6-26-122629.jpg
We went for a really nice walk all around the resort.
IMG_2022-6-26-122939.jpg
IMG_2022-6-26-123104.jpg
We walked past the cabins, it was so quiet over there. Just lovely!
IMG_2022-6-26-123018.jpg
Our plan was to head over to FW. We have always enjoyed the boat ride over there and the horse barn area.

We went down to the boat launch and the boat captain for MK informed us, they no longer offer the boat to FW from WL, bummer! Thanks Covid-19 ugh 😣

We had to take the MK boat, get off, walk through the security, turn around and head right back to the boat for FW. It was fine for us because we wanted to ride the boat today. It just added at least 15-20 minutes to the trip. :sad1:

You can take the bus over and this would be much quicker. The Epcot bus at WL goes to FW before Epcot. The problem with the bus is you do get off at the front, and you will have to take an internal bus to the horse 🐴, area.

:idea:For the curious, the walking path is permanently closed now between FW and WL so this is not an option anymore.

The weather was beautiful today and we really enjoyed the boat ride. :boat:

I noticed a sign at FW about Food Trucks. It looks like every Tuesday and Wednesday evening FW has a couple food trucks in the park area. How fun is that! If I would have known about this sooner, we may have came over here to try some food from the trucks. It didn’t say the type of food trucks on the sign.

We walked around the FW and made our way over to the horse area. It was really fun to visit the horses and the area was not very crowded at all. It is also a new barn area since we last visited.
IMG_2022-6-26-123202.jpg
We talked to the horses and it was really cute how they responded to us, especially when we used their names.
IMG_2022-6-26-123248.jpg
IMG_2022-6-26-123337.jpg
This is the area for young kids to ride the ponies. The horse rides for adults is towards the front. We haven’t done this before and it does sound like a fun activity. It also is not super expensive, like Disney can be!

We watched one of the horses getting a bath. The horses are well cared for and the barn area was very clean.
IMG_2022-6-26-123455.jpg
We looked through the gift shop areas and headed back to WL via the MK.

Again the boat ride was very relaxing and we enjoyed the ride.

We had a CM on this boat 🚤 giving out a bunch of Disney facts.

This was fun, Andi knew most of these. I didn’t know some. I guess Walt and his executives ran out of gas close to shipwreck island and it took over 3-4 hours to get someone to notice they were stuck out there. That is why it is called shipwreck island. I sure didn’t know that!

Once we were back, we relaxed and had a few snacks before heading out to AK!

Stay tuned for a wonderful tour! It was so good, we are doing it again in late August!

The Genie 🧞‍♂️ stayed in his bottle today!
When I first read that, I thought you were going to tell us how either you couldn't get what you wanted or it was down.
We decided not to use the Genie+ today.
Then I was wondering how you were going to do a park day without it.
IMG_2022-6-26-122545.jpg
Man, that looks good. Yum!
Andi went with the chicken and waffles.
So... what came with that? Any syrup? Or honey?
Sorry about the plastic utensils in the box, professional food photographer I am not! 😝
Not at all! The utensils add scale to the photo.
The waffles were fluffy inside and tasted like the good old waffles again!
Good! While I'm not much of a waffle guy, I had heard about the waffles having gone downhill.
It was very nice to lounge for awhile and not have to rush somewhere.
This is possible??
We went for a really nice walk all around the resort.
It's such a beautiful resort. I know some people can't pick between WL and AKL, but for me... it's no contest.
We walked past the cabins, it was so quiet over there. Just lovely!
I would imagine they're very expensive. But... would love to stay there.
Our plan was to head over to FW. We have always enjoyed the boat ride over there and the horse barn area.
Like the boat ride... haven't seen the barn area. I've only gone for HDD.
We went down to the boat launch and the boat captain for MK informed us, they no longer offer the boat to FW from WL, bummer! Thanks Covid-19 ugh 😣
:sad2:
We had to take the MK boat, get off, walk through the security, turn around and head right back to the boat for FW.
:sad2:
You can take the bus over and this would be much quicker.
But not nearly as nice.
:idea:For the curious, the walking path is permanently closed now between FW and WL so this is not an option anymore.
I didn't even know there was a walking path!
It looks like every Tuesday and Wednesday evening FW has a couple food trucks in the park area. How fun is that!
ooohhhh...
We talked to the horses and it was really cute how they responded to us, especially when we used their names.
As long as they didn't talk back.
It also is not super expensive, like Disney can be!
Really! :faint:
I didn’t know some. I guess Walt and his executives ran out of gas close to shipwreck island and it took over 3-4 hours to get someone to notice they were stuck out there. That is why it is called shipwreck island. I sure didn’t know that!
:laughing: I didn't know that either!
Stay tuned for a wonderful tour! It was so good, we are doing it again in late August!
Very curious about this.
Now wondering if it's something I should look into... once I know what "it" is! :laughing:

When I first read that, I thought you were going to tell us how either you couldn't get what you wanted or it was down.
That would sure stink. I have read some reports where the Genie+ would not work on the MDE and it was a pain to get it working!
Then I was wondering how you were going to do a park day without it.
Oh my good old fashioned Disney before FP, Genie,how would I function :rotfl:
Man, that looks good. Yum!
It really was and a bargain for Disney!
So... what came with that? Any syrup? Or honey?
We got butter, syrup, and I believe Andi got hot sauce! She uses it on everything, well not waffles lol!
Not at all! The utensils add scale to the photo.
Ahh good point, :rolleyes:
Good! While I'm not much of a waffle guy, I had heard about the waffles having gone downhill.
I had heard that as well and we both thought these waffles were really good!
This is possible??
Haha 😆 this trip I felt like we didn’t do our go go touring style and I liked it. I do have FOMO at times feeling like I need to be on the go all the time at Disney!
It's such a beautiful resort. I know some people can't pick between WL and AKL, but for me... it's no contest.
I have to agree. This resort is very beautiful and I would give it an edge over AKL
I would imagine they're very expensive. But... would love to stay there.
Yes same here, the cabins are well over $1000.00 a night, yikes 😱
Like the boat ride... haven't seen the barn area. I've only gone for HDD.
The boat ride is way nicer than the buses in my opinion
But not nearly as nice.
Exactly
I didn't even know there was a walking path!
There was one until Disney started building the new DVC, which they have now abandoned but never reopened the walking path, bummer. It took you right to TE dining area
As long as they didn't talk back.
I thought they would with Disney magic and all:rotfl2:
didn't know that either!
I thought it was a good story and I’m sure not well known. Back in the 60’s no phone to call for help
Very curious about this.
Now wondering if it's something I should look into... once I know what "it" is!
Spoiler, you have done this before and gave it a great review and you were right!

I have read some reports where the Genie+ would not work on the MDE and it was a pain to get it working!
:scared: Can you imagine???
Oh my good old fashioned Disney before FP, Genie,how would I function :rotfl:
We got butter, syrup, and I believe Andi got hot sauce! She uses it on everything, well not waffles lol!
Hot sauce waffles... the new craze.
Haha 😆 this trip I felt like we didn’t do our go go touring style and I liked it. I do have FOMO at times feeling like I need to be on the go all the time at Disney!
I know that feeling. ::yes::
Yes same here, the cabins are well over $1000.00 a night, yikes 😱
:scared1:

Nope!
The boat ride is way nicer than the buses in my opinion
::yes::
I thought they would with Disney magic and all:rotfl2:
Spoiler, you have done this before and gave it a great review and you were right!
Ah!

A wonderful Savannah tour!

We had the Savor the Savannah tour this afternoon. This was scheduled for 3:15pm.

We changed and got ready for the tour and hopped a bus to AK. We arrived around 2:30.
IMG_2022-6-26-122309.jpg
We went on the trails around the Tree of Life. It is beautiful back here and still a little bit of a hidden gem! The carvings on the Tree of Life are amazing and always a fun activity. I think there is something different on this tree each time we walk around it.
IMG_2022-6-28-173915.jpg
IMG_2022-6-28-174010.jpg
We also went to see our favorite Galapagos tortoises , the CM was feeding them! It was really fun to watch the big tortoises gathering for the food and the CM was petting them.
IMG_2022-6-28-174132.jpg
We checked into our tour. I did get 20% of the tour with the AP discount. The tour had 12 people. I totally forgot our tour guide’s name, bad trip reporter! She was very nice and escorted us to our private Savannah truck. The truck is open in the back with bench seating. It is similar to the Safari attraction except we can go off on paths and also stop and enjoy certain areas.

The tour guide was very informative and we also spent time with one of the zoo keepers. She was very knowledgeable about the animals on the Savannah, especially then giraffes. We had a little Q&A about her time out on the Savannah.
IMG_2022-6-28-174250.jpg
We headed over to the Boma area and had a wonderful light meal, including, red pepper hummus,curry chicken salad, tandoori shrimp, olive salads, an assortment of breads, cheeses, and fruits. It was very tasty. I loved the chicken curry, shrimp, and the different breads.
IMG_2022-6-28-174349.jpg
We also could have wine, beer, POG juice, and water. Andi and I had wine. We sat with a couple from Boston, they were also AP holders. They come down to Disney fairly often. It was nice visiting with them.

The Elephants, Rhinos and Wilderbeast were all around us as we enjoyed our food and drinks.
IMG_2022-6-28-174521.jpg
We had several dessert choices. We tried the super rich chocolate brownie and the s’mores dessert both were very good. Tusker House makes the food for this tour, it was excellent.
IMG_2022-6-28-174606.jpg
We headed back out to finish our Safari tour. The weather was absolutely gorgeous during the 2 hours out on the Savannah. We each got a wood carved coaster as a souvenir. I will post a picture of it when I show my goodies I purchased on this trip. I forgot to put it in my folder for this section. :rotfl:

This tour is laid back yet educational, and the food and drinks are amazing. I highly recommend this tour.

Andi and I have done 3 tours now at AK and I would recommend all of them. I would rate the tours in this order

1. Savor the Savannah

2. Up close with Rhinos,

3. Caring for Giants, The Elephant tour.

We went to Pandora and rode FoP after the tour. We decided to head back to WL after this.
IMG_2022-6-28-174648.jpg

We picked up 2 Huckleberry punches at GP and chilled out!
IMG_2022-6-28-174745.jpg

This was a relaxing day and very enjoyable! I watched the fireworks again before bed, what a way to end each day!

Stay tuned for an intermission of sorts, I will be making my dining reservations for our August trip on 6/30! Wish me luck 🍀
I will give a brief update on how it goes and a little info on our trip. It has changed quite a bit from my original plans!
After that update back to this current trip report. I will answer this riveting question. :rotfl2:

Does the Genie stay in the bottle again or does he come out to give us a great day?? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited:
We absolutely loved the Savor the Savanna tour when we did it! Although it rained most of our date and the other people scheduled for the tour all bailed so it was just me and Dan but I would definitely do it again! What a great day!

Do you think you'll ever do the Wild Africa Trek?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter