Staying at Fairfield near Universal - close enough to walk?

PinkMagnolia

I love the Haunted Mansion
We will be staying for 3 nights at the Fairfield Inn near Universal (on Vineland) before a cruise this August (HOT). We're redeeming points to stay here. It's DH and I, and 13-year old twin boys. No mobility issues.

I'm wondering what is the smartest way to get to the parks? We have an AP and a rental car, and parking is only $10, which I have no problem paying - is it worth driving? Should we consider taking the hotel shuttle there and a taxi back? It seems close, but maybe a bit too far to walk in the August heat with all the park walking?

What would you suggest?

August has crowds

If it was me, I would use that $10 towards uber or taxi costs for returning to your hotel

Use the hotel shuttle if it will get you to the parks before opening time

Why deal with traffic and parking unless you have to.....

Parking garage opens prior to the parks and can be time consuming if you are not there early

The Fairfield is too far to walk in August, IMHO. It is over a mile to the parking garage and then you have to walk from the parking garage to the parks.

That's where we usually stay for HHN, and we've walked it. It's not a terrible walk. Most of the time we walk over, then uber back because we're tired after a night of lines. They also have a complimentary shuttle certain times of day.

Edited to add we've used the shuttle when the timing works and it is a great option too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter