• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starting to regret decision to stay offsite

What's great about Disney is that there is something for everyone . . . we all have different tastes. We like staying onsite and offsite. If the price for a moderate or deluxe was the same as staying offsite (we stay at WH), it might be a more difficult decision . . . BUT at this time, even with the 4/3 WH is so much cheaper for a 3 bedroom TH with its own pool plus the community pool and other amenities.

The plusses outweigh the minuses for us.

Cons: travel time to MK (but a pro is 12 minutes to AK and no bus can get you there that fast), lack of immersion in Disney (We usually drive so we don't have the added expense of a rental and we are able to bring so much stuff with us; ease of grabbing a bite downstairs (without fixing it yourself)

Pros: travel time to AK and most other parks from WH is less than by bus from a hotel; own pool in back yard (swim while breakfast is being made and upon return); coffee in a real coffee pot (usually our own that we bring from home); separate room for the kids; more than one bathroom; WASHER AND DRYER (this has proven to be a huge plus for us); a blender to make adult drinks!!; a fridge big enough for water, milk, snacks, soft drinks, grapes and ICE COLD CORONA LIGHT with lime as soon as I walk in the door; breakfast is more than a granola bar or an expensive meal (we don't cook, except for breakfast and to make snacks (maybe Easy Mac or grilled cheese, at most); addition of offsite restaurant options . . . all this and it's cheaper than onsite.

That being said, I am sure that we will stay onsite some and offsite other times; each has its benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter