Starbucks breakfast & Rope Drop MK [UPDATE: SUCCESS]

SunnyBunny33

Earning My Ears
Planning to Rope Drop Magic Kingdom for Seven Dwarfs on a Monday in early August. If I’m in Main Street thru the tunnel by 8-8:15AM will I have enough time to stand in line at Bakery (Starbucks) and order coffee & 2 hot bfast sandwiches to eat while waiting in Rope Drop line? How crowded is Main Street Bakery at that time? How early should you start to stand by the rope to make 7 Dwarfs? I’ll be with my 8 yo son and I can’t leave him alone to hold our spots while I get breakfast. I guess we could eat oatmeal in room, but...
[UPDATE]
Success! Last week for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train we waited about 30 minutes in the queue, but it was moving continuously, so it didn’t seem long. Got to Magic Kingdom at 8:20AM. Ate Starbucks breakfast. At 8:50AM walked toward stage in front of castle. Stood in the street directly in front of stage. Watched the morning show. Already a sea of people in front of us waiting for rope drop. At 9AM rope drop we let the first group of folks go first and then joined behind. We hugged the left side of the walkway near the fence. No trampling, but the crowd walked at a brisk pace. We were standing in line in front of Winnie the Pooh ride by 9:02. Finished with ride by 9:30AM.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say that you may have to skip your Starbucks breakfast if you want the time advantage of RD. A lot of people will be heading into Main Street at 7:45 and not swinging by Starbucks. (Not just those with PPO ADRs.) I would bring a portable breakfast with you. If you are ok missing the opening show, I would consider trying to score a PPO BOG ADR. I've had good luck 7 days or the night before. You could order a coffee and a kids meal plus still get the pastries. I think it would cost about $20.

Planning to Rope Drop Magic Kingdom for Seven Dwarfs on a Monday in early August. If I’m in Main Street thru the tunnel by 8-8:15AM will I have enough time to stand in line at Bakery (Starbucks) and order coffee & 2 hot bfast sandwiches to eat while waiting in Rope Drop line? How crowded is Main Street Bakery at that time? How early should you start to stand by the rope to make 7 Dwarfs? I’ll be with my 8 yo son and I can’t leave him alone to hold our spots while I get breakfast. I guess we could eat oatmeal in room, but...

You have to choose between 7D and Starbucks. We got to MK at 8am a couple of weeks ago. We were in and out of Starbucks in 15 minutes and first people at the rope for Peter Pan. The 7D group was huge.

I'm sorry to say that you may have to skip your Starbucks breakfast if you want the time advantage of RD. A lot of people will be heading into Main Street at 7:45 and not swinging by Starbucks. (Not just those with PPO ADRs.) I would bring a portable breakfast with you. If you are ok missing the opening show, I would consider trying to score a PPO BOG ADR. I've had good luck 7 days or the night before. You could order a coffee and a kids meal plus still get the pastries. I think it would cost about $20.
Thank you for the recommendation
You have to choose between 7D and Starbucks. We got to MK at 8am a couple of weeks ago. We were in and out of Starbucks in 15 minutes and first people at the rope for Peter Pan. The 7D group was huge.
Thank you, this is the info I was looking for. Now I can feel better about choosing 7D over Starbucks. I can totally forgo it for the excitement of rope drop.

Thanks, I needed this info. I was underestimating the crowd size. I’m so glad I found this forum and you guys. We would have been so disappointed to miss our 7D shot because we stopped for Starbucks.

I'd eat a granola bar to "tide me over", head straight for Seven Dwarves ... then double back for the good breakfast after the must-do ride is over.

Is it possible to place a Starbucks' order with your phone and hit "send" when you leave the ride? This would allow you to arrive just as it's ready /no waiting.

I'd eat a granola bar to "tide me over", head straight for Seven Dwarves ... then double back for the good breakfast after the must-do ride is over.

Is it possible to place a Starbucks' order with your phone and hit "send" when you leave the ride? This would allow you to arrive just as it's ready /no waiting.
Great I’ll try it. Don’t think they honor Starbucks mobile ordering but maybe with the MDE app

If you rope drop, don't waste time eating, keep going on attractions until the standby times are too long and then eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter