Star Wars: The Bad Batch Discussion

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Who has watched? I have and it was fantastic. It has some unexpected stuff and a lot of action. The premiere is 70 minutes long too, so make time - it's worth it! I'll hold off on spoilers for now, but I enjoyed it immensely!

That was waaaaay better than I expected. I was actually not a fan of that Clone Wars arc. I didn't like the A-team feel, but this episode was SO good. Seemed to be balanced out with other characters, Tarkin, etc. (LOVED the first 15 mins, and the characters whose fates we see there.....wow!) I am looking forward to more now.

I've never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows, would I need to watch those before diving into Bad Batch?

I've never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows, would I need to watch those before diving into Bad Batch?
Hey, I would. I think it would be like watching Falcon/Winter soldier, but never seeing any other Marvel movies. It'll be entertaining, but you'll miss so much w/o the background. But you could.
Clone Wars is a commitment for sure, but it's an EXCELLENT series. So, so many great episodes/stories/character development. Some misses here and there. And then Rebels is great too. IF you watched Mandalorian, you'll get a lot more background on some of those side characters too.

I would think you should at least watch the four episode arc from Clone Wars Season 7 that introduced the Bad Batch. If you enjoy that though, then it is easy to recommend the rest of the series. There were some references to Rebels too, but not as heavy.

Just a reminder that episode 2 was released today. It's not as long, but it was enjoyable. There are more callbacks to The Clone Wars in it, so I encourage folks to watch that if they haven't.

Last edited:

I am enjoying it thus far. I am a sucker for "found family" stuff so find the Troops relationship with Omega adorable. I am pleasantly surprised by how many references to both Clone wars and Rebels there have been. Kudos to Dee Bradley Baker as it can't be easy voicing 98% of all the characters

I also enjoyed them more than I thought I would since I wasn’t impressed with The Clone Wars episodes. It’s an interesting time period to explore - seeing the Empire and the Rebellion take shape.

Good episode this morning with an anticipated guest character.

I loved Echo dressing up like a droid - they even put a restraining bolt on him. I guess it doesn't work on people!

I can't get excited watching the animated Star Wars. It is missing something. I love cartoons but something doesn't translate through to me with the Star Wars animated stuff.

I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. love the 'cameos.' So much better than I expected. Looking forward every week to the next episode. Some seem like filler, but it's very good filler, and developing the characters and stories
I think Wrecker is having some issues with the inhibitor chip. I wonder how that will play out, and if the others will too. Loved Fennic in episode 4....she's not all that nice. wonder who hired her. Poor Mushi...on the way to captivity at Jabba's. Felt sorry for it.

Last edited:
I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. love the 'cameos.' So much better than I expected. Looking forward every week to the next episode. Some seem like filler, but it's very good filler, and developing the characters and stories
I think Wrecker is having some issues with the inhibitor chip. I wonder how that will play out, and if the others will too. Loved Fennic in episode 4....she's not all that nice. wonder who hired her. Poor Mushi...on the way to captivity at Jabba's. Felt sorry for it.

IFennec is cold! The way she just tossed that guy out of his speeder then drilled the police officer through his windscreen!I

Omega is so amazing. I loved her antics with the communicator.

New Batch today and it was another good one, though I bet tehre will be complaints on some of the hardcore Star Wars sites. 🤣

Really enjoyed this episode...wondering more about what will happen to Wrecker. I liked the 2 returning characters, but I also enjoyed them in Clone Wars. But who was that at the end of the episode??????

Last edited:
Good Batch today, but not my favorite. Some interesting links and easter eggs were shown though! Spoilers below:

They really burnen through a few plotlines quickly, but I guess that's the nature of this show - not a big deal. I liked the resolution generally speaking, and it was great to see Rex!

For those interested, Bracca is a planet from the video game Jedi: Fallen Order. In the beginning a surviving Padawan works there tearing apart old republic ships for the scrappers. It would have been nice to maybe see him make an appearance - he may be a little young at abou this time though so may not be on Bracca yet.

Another easter egg is that "Mantel Mix," the snack that Wrecker and Omega indulge in after every mission, is very similar to "Outpost Mix" served at Kat Saka's Kettle at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge! It's jsut a flavored popcorn mix, but I think it was definitely a nod, and I like the idea that this snack maybe has different local flavors depending on where you are.

Good Batch today, but not my favorite. Some interesting links and easter eggs were shown though! Spoilers below:

They really burnen through a few plotlines quickly, but I guess that's the nature of this show - not a big deal. I liked the resolution generally speaking, and it was great to see Rex!

For those interested, Bracca is a planet from the video game Jedi: Fallen Order. In the beginning a surviving Padawan works there tearing apart old republic ships for the scrappers. It would have been nice to maybe see him make an appearance - he may be a little young at abou this time though so may not be on Bracca yet.

Another easter egg is that "Mantel Mix," the snack that Wrecker and Omega indulge in after every mission, is very similar to "Outpost Mix" served at Kat Saka's Kettle at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge! It's jsut a flavored popcorn mix, but I think it was definitely a nod, and I like the idea that this snack maybe has different local flavors depending on where you are.

My daughter really loved this episode, because she was so excited of the character that showed up!
spoilers ahead
I was also very surprised that they solved the problems with their inhibitor chips so soon in the series. Not how I expected it all to work out, thought it might be a slow progression, one by one they succumb to them, but no. That's ok. Maybe will now switch back to the Empire, Crosshair, Kaminoans, etc.
We have had Jedi Fallen Order awhile now, but nobody has played it yet, so I don't know much about Cal Kestis. Started reading more when people were speculating he might show up in Mandalorian> So saw lots more chatter about him again yesterday, since he's on Bracca. I will spend a lot more time reading about him now. It would be cool if he showed up, just in the background or something. I don't play any of the video games, but husband and son do, so maybe they'll start it soon.
I love that Filoni will include things like that. He has such a great perspective.
I wondered if that was the same treat we get in Batuu. Looked like it. That was a cool Easter egg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!