Star Wars Tales Of The Arcolyte

I'm not sure how. Palpatine talks about how Plagueis manipulated the Force to cheat death. Others could've manipulated the Force to create life. I feel the most likely thing to have happened is the Mother Aniseya created the twins with the help (maybe inadvertent/unbeknownst to her) from the Sith lord. She created one that was light side and he created another that was dark side.

That doesn't cheapen that Anakin was created out of thin air by the Force. If anything, he's even more special because the will of the Force created him at a moment in time. There were no manipulations to make him. It was the pure will of the Force.

Remember when I told you all this series would not be well received by the majority of Star Wars fans? Yep, good times.

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpeg
    IMG_2050.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: KVH
I guess for me its like you've got the most powerful force users in the galaxy for how many years attempting to create life and nobody could do it. And now we've got his random off shoot group who have figured it out? And its never mentioned in any of the work that happens chronologically after these events. The Jedi obviously know, it looks like possibly the Sith know depending on who this mastermind is. You would think this would have come up. And look I get it, its Star Wars, and consistency isn't one of this IPs strong points. But this isn't Obi Wan forgetting about R2...if it is life created by manipulating the force this is huge.

I guess for me its like you've got the most powerful force users in the galaxy for how many years attempting to create life and nobody could do it. And now we've got his random off shoot group who have figured it out? And its never mentioned in any of the work that happens chronologically after these events. The Jedi obviously know, it looks like possibly the Sith know depending on who this mastermind is. You would think this would have come up. And look I get it, its Star Wars, and consistency isn't one of this IPs strong points. But this isn't Obi Wan forgetting about R2...if it is life created by manipulating the force this is huge.

But it's not clear what happened yet. Also, it's not really clear how Anakin was conceived either - did Plageus or Sidious influence that, or did the Force kind of spontaneously do it in reaction to the growing power of the Dark Side? I think w ehave to use the old Star Wars adage that it depends on "a certain point of view."

Also, Obi-Wan didn't really forget R2, he just doesn't think much about droids at all. They're all the same to him, and there are actually a ton of identical R2 units out in the galaxy (we never SEE them, but they must exist). As far as Obi-Wan is concerned, it's just some astromech.

different franchise of course, but it reminds me a bit of the Bene Gesserit manipulating chromosomes after coitus

We have Jedi individuals who can force heal... hold back huge explosions... float in space meditating without dying for 10 years... even return from the dead to talk to the living... touch objects and feel their history... but this is what breaks the suspension of disbelief? that some witches can manipulate chromosomes/gametes

If a real life Komodo dragon can reproduce through parthenogenesis on Earth.. a force using witch in a fantasy Star Wars world is not that out there... Biology newsflash... an egg is a pretty powerful gamete.

Parthenogenesis is a natural form of asexual reproduction where an embryo develops directly from an egg without fertilization. It is thought to be a way some species can reproduce when populations are very very low

https://www.nature.com/articles/4441021a

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-komodo-d/

But it's not clear what happened yet. Also, it's not really clear how Anakin was conceived either - did Plageus or Sidious influence that, or did the Force kind of spontaneously do it in reaction to the growing power of the Dark Side? I think w ehave to use the old Star Wars adage that it depends on "a certain point of view."

Also, Obi-Wan didn't really forget R2, he just doesn't think much about droids at all. They're all the same to him, and there are actually a ton of identical R2 units out in the galaxy (we never SEE them, but they must exist). As far as Obi-Wan is concerned, it's just some astromech.
Yeah I'm hoping its not as cut and dry as they make it seem. And I should probably add I never liked the introduction of midichlorians, to me the force is best when its something more magical.

The head cannon stuff we as fans need to do in Star Wars is crazy.

We have Jedi individuals who can force heal... hold back huge explosions... float in space meditating without dying for 10 years... even return from the dead to talk to the living... touch objects and feel their history... but this is what breaks the suspension of disbelief? that some witches can manipulate chromosomes/gametes
I never said its breaks suspension or disbelief.

I never said its breaks suspension or disbelief.
I was not singling you out, which is why I did not reply directly to you. Usually when people do not like a storyline detail it is because it is not believable to them. Sadly for some reason the new Star Wars Witches ( and again... maybe not YOU) are triggering some fans.

I am merely pointing out that this phenomena of an entity reproducing by itself is not unknown or impossible... even here on Earth.

Last edited:
I think this is a rare thing because the story isn't done yet. When you consume TPM or a SW movie, you get most of the story then and there. Andor we had an idea where it was going as a prequel to Rogue One. Ahsoka I think people gave a longer leash to because it was built on existing characters people loved.

With this, we're still waiting to see more about everything that's gone on and what things truly mean. I wonder if this is a series Disney should've just released Netflix style where all the episodes are there for consumption. That way people could just tear through the whole thing and maybe it would've given some who feel uneasy or unsure about things the conclusion they might need. I think it's hard for us to allow things to breathe now as consumers of media. For some shows it's great, for others you're left wanting or wanting to go on.

I just don't feel Headland is going to write something without Filoni also signing off on it. She mentioned he was a big influence on her and was someone she went to for advice. I don't think Filoni is going to do something that breaks what George built. Plus, Headland is very good about misdirection.

Oopsie... seems the Rage Bots are having issues distinguishing WHICH Acolyte show or movie to review bomb.

"A review-bombing campaign against The Acolyte, the latest Star Wars Disney+ TV show, has accidentally hit a 2008 movie and a fan-film. The Star Wars fandom has always had a reputation for being divisive, and the review-bombing campaign against The Acolyte has reinforced that impression. Scores of viewers are campaigning against The Acolyte, complaining against its "woke" agenda, and targeting showrunner Leslye Headland and some of the stars.
In a hilarious twist, it seems some of these review-bombers are accidentally criticizing the wrong thing. Jayson Koos was the first to spot that a 2022 fan film called The Acolyte recently received a number of one-star reviews that look rather suspicious. Cinelinx's Jordan Maison added to this, discovering that a 2008 movie called Acolytes is also getting caught up in the review-bombing."

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-acolyte-review-bombing-wrong-movie-fan-film/

I just don't feel Headland is going to write something without Filoni also signing off on it. She mentioned he was a big influence on her and was someone she went to for advice. I don't think Filoni is going to do something that breaks what George built. Plus, Headland is very good about misdirection.
"Dave Filoni – who is also Lucasfilm's chief creative executive officer – had some words of wisdom about the coven for Acolyte showrunner Leslye Headland.

"Dave Filoni very quickly became kind of a mentor of mine in terms of navigating what this part of the timeline would be like for both the Jedi and then other Force users," Headland told StarWars.com."It was kind of this 'A-ha!' moment for me when he told me, 'You know, not all witches are Nightsisters.'"

https://www.gamesradar.com/entertainment/star-wars-tv-shows/the-acolyte-dave-filoni-witches-advice/

Oopsie... seems the Rage Bots are having issues distinguishing WHICH Acolyte show or movie to review bomb.

"A review-bombing campaign against The Acolyte, the latest Star Wars Disney+ TV show, has accidentally hit a 2008 movie and a fan-film. The Star Wars fandom has always had a reputation for being divisive, and the review-bombing campaign against The Acolyte has reinforced that impression. Scores of viewers are campaigning against The Acolyte, complaining against its "woke" agenda, and targeting showrunner Leslye Headland and some of the stars.
In a hilarious twist, it seems some of these review-bombers are accidentally criticizing the wrong thing. Jayson Koos was the first to spot that a 2022 fan film called The Acolyte recently received a number of one-star reviews that look rather suspicious. Cinelinx's Jordan Maison added to this, discovering that a 2008 movie called Acolytes is also getting caught up in the review-bombing."

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-acolyte-review-bombing-wrong-movie-fan-film/
I'm not surprised. Those pre-outraged ratings bombers aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the toolbox. They just hover around clickbait outrage sites waiting for someone to tell them to attack, then they run off blindly and do it.

With this, we're still waiting to see more about everything that's gone on and what things truly mean. I wonder if this is a series Disney should've just released Netflix style where all the episodes are there for consumption. That way people could just tear through the whole thing and maybe it would've given some who feel uneasy or unsure about things the conclusion they might need. I think it's hard for us to allow things to breathe now as consumers of media. For some shows it's great, for others you're left wanting or wanting to go on.

This is why I haven't watched it yet. I'll wait until all episodes are out then check it out.

On the other hand, shows that are released all at once seem to be forgotten quickly. Netflix shows have a reputation now of being cancelled after 1-2 seasons.

I think the problem is that new shows nowadays tend to have one narrative arc instead of being episodic. So you’re only getting part of a larger story instead of with a show like The X-Files where you had contained episodes that told an entire story, intermixed with some mythology stuff. Even The Mandalorian does episodic stuff well - or at least it did early on. But then fans complain when episodes are “filler.” They can’t win!

According to Nielsen, The Acolyte had 380.5 million minutes watched for 6/7-6/13. It's behind some Netflix shows but the highest Disney+ show. So I guess that's a lot of hate viewings.
"Eric" continued to perform well for Netflix, taking the No. 2 spot with 581.2 million minutes watched. Season 3 of "Sweet Tooth" appeared on the chart for the first time right behind it with 566.4 million minutes watched, followed by the debut of "Perfect Match" Season 2 with 513.1 million minutes watched.

Next was "Hitler and the Nazis: Evil on Trial," which rose up to fifth place with 435.2 million minutes watched after debuting below the chart at No. 21 the week before. New Star Wars series "The Acolyte" showed up at No. 6 with 380.5 million minutes watched, followed by "Geek Girl" (314.3 million minutes) and "Dancing for the Devil" (299.8 million).

According to Nielsen, The Acolyte had 380.5 million minutes watched for 6/7-6/13. It's behind some Netflix shows but the highest Disney+ show. So I guess that's a lot of hate viewings.
So far it has been interesting to me. I do think folks are watching and I do think folks are rage review bombing but to each their own. I never pay attention to TV/movie reviews, not something i need to use to decide to watch something or not.

I do kinda wonder about people who have so little going on in their existence they feel a need to obsess about a show they don't like and are likely not even watching. Oh well. enjoy that.

See all the fellow watchers later after tonight's episode

So far it has been interesting to me. I do think folks are watching and I do think folks are rage review bombing but to each their own. I never pay attention to TV/movie reviews, not something i need to use to decide to watch something or not.

I do kinda wonder about people who have so little going on in their existence they feel a need to obsess about a show they don't like and are likely not even watching. Oh well. enjoy that.

See all the fellow watchers later after tonight's episode
I don't get it either. When I don't like a show, I stop watching. I know some fans who don't like it and that's understandable. I don't have any issue with legitimate criticism of the story, acting, choices made, and leaps of logic. My issue is hating something on sight without even bothering to give it a chance. The rage posting about it and rage bombing of reviews is hilarious to me but I guess it's easier to get angry about something online and lash out. If that's how you want to live your life, well enjoy it. There's so much content out there that I can't understand continuing to hate watch something.

I don't get it either. When I don't like a show, I stop watching. I know some fans who don't like it and that's understandable. I don't have any issue with legitimate criticism of the story, acting, choices made, and leaps of logic. My issue is hating something on sight without even bothering to give it a chance. The rage posting about it and rage bombing of reviews is hilarious to me but I guess it's easier to get angry about something online and lash out. If that's how you want to live your life, well enjoy it. There's so much content out there that I can't understand continuing to hate watch something.

Yeah, I mean sure, I've had issues with certain franchises before, and I will gladly engage in debate about such from time to time. I might comment on an atricle with my thoughs or something, but I am don't go into fan forums and constantly throw hate at the show or whatever, especailly not where people like it. I also limit my criticism to the work itself, and never the people who make it. I may fundamentally disagree with them about the story, or evne about life (ha ha), but I am not going to throw hate at them, and certainly not about their race or gender or whatever. That's just never okay.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest