Star Wars Spectacular worth it?

MacII

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Going to Disney in April. We went last year and visited Hollywood Studios...I'm a huge Star Wars fan so it was a great day. We did not however make it to the end of the day and didn't see the Star Wars fireworks. This year I was thinking of getting that checked off my list but I'm not sure it's worth trucking back to HS just to see this one thing...so...to anyone who has seen it, how is it? I've been told it's not possible to both see Fantasmic AND the Star Wars show...any advice appreciated.

DM

We love the SW show, it's so much more than fireworks! DH is a major Star Wars fan and had high hopes for this show, it did not disappoint.

We also booked the Dessert Party and thought it was well worth it. DH and I enjoyed the savory items and the drinks, the deserts and a spot to watch the show.

This year we hope to book the Star Wars Tour, it includes the Dessert Party.

I've been told it's not possible to both see Fantasmic AND the Star Wars show...any advice appreciated.
Disney has intentionally scheduled them this way because the viewing area for Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular is far too small to hold everyone. Disney needs people to pick Fantasmic.

I think it's worth seeing but I think all the shows are worth seeing at least once. Having said that, I've been twice and had bad luck both times. First time was in Sept. I got a spot and sat down about a hour before the show. A CM came walking by and told me I wouldn't be able to see from there, took my hand and led me to another spot. The people around me and I agreed to leave a certain amount of space in front of me vacant in case kids or people in wheelchairs needed it and we settled in. About 5 min. before the show two very tall men came and got right in front of me. Since it was fairly close to the middle I couldn't even lean out beside them to try to see and I'm height challenged so other than the things very high up, I didn't see the show. Fast forward to Dec. my son and I decided to see the show, he had never seen it. Again we got a spot about 45 min. before the show. In the middle section but right by the lines on the ground so no one could be beside us with a couple of evcs in front of us so I could see. Perfect set up, right up until about 2 min. before the show when again a couple of grown men came and squeezed themselves between the two evcs, not only blocking me but causing the woman in the EVC to have to stand so even had I been able to see between the men, I couldn't see over her. I got to see one side of the show since no one could stand in the aisle way. It is a projection based show and there are trees that are right in front of the buildings so places to see the show are limited.

If you are even slightly a Star Wars fan, it's definitely worth it. It's a great show

Yes it is (but I'm biased) see my profile pic (from the show, projection onto the Chinese Theater) and below the link to the Official SW thread

The Star Wars fireworks are most definitely worth checking out! And i'd recommend the Dessert Party too if you are all big S/W fans and want to do something a bit more special!

Since you are a huge fan, yes it's worth it!! Just make sure you can see the screens because there's more projections than fireworks.

If you are a SW fan (or even if you're not!), we thought the show was ABSOLUTELY worth it! We also booked the dessert party -- enjoyed that as well. :thumbsup2

We saw SW fireworks last year and loved them, my family is huge SW fans though. We will be there again in June and will be bringing another family that are all newbies. My family made the decision to forego Fantasmic and instead watch the SW fireworks again because we loved them so much. Don't get me wrong, Fantasmic is great (however we loved the one in DLR much better) but we thought the SW fireworks was way better :goodvibes. And OP, I was thinking of trying to do both, but DH made the executive decision to not even worry about Fantasmic with our friends just because we don't want to run the risk of missing out on the other show.

We saw SW fireworks last year and loved them, my family is huge SW fans though. We will be there again in June and will be bringing another family that are all newbies. My family made the decision to forego Fantasmic and instead watch the SW fireworks again because we loved them so much. Don't get me wrong, Fantasmic is great (however we loved the one in DLR much better) but we thought the SW fireworks was way better :goodvibes. And OP, I was thinking of trying to do both, but DH made the executive decision to not even worry about Fantasmic with our friends just because we don't want to run the risk of missing out on the other show.

Depending on when you went last year, this is a new Star Wars show

Another vote for the Star Wars Spectacular! If you decide to go, do your research as to where best to get a viewing spot. I do think that could make or break the experience. We did the dessert party and got the most perfect spot. We were so happy we did it, it was a very enjoyable evening! :chewy:

It's incredible... Fireworks, lasers, projections, music, fire
I'm not really a star wars fan and I thought it was amazing

This is one of my most favourite fireworks show at Disney and I am only a "little" Star Wars fan. So well done and I can't wait to see it again on my next trip. I would skip Wishes and Illuminations, but not the Star Wars one.

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular was a fantastic show. I'm a big Star Wars fan and I loved them. I can't wait to see them again in December. They are now my must do every trip as long as they hang around. DM who has never seen a Star Wars movie loved them as well even though she couldn't really understand them :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter