Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I did my build yesterday and it was very emotional for me, even as a 52-year-old woman. I was 9 when the first movie came out and my late mom was a huge sci-fi fan so of course she took me to see it.

The saber itself is incredibly well-made imo and I'm looking forward to hanging a dedicated shelf on my wall for it.

I got my answer to my question above, but another has come up for me. Is it annoying to carry the Droid around all day? I was thinking to make both my Droid & Savi reservations for the end of the day, but then I read the Droid interacts with the Galaxys edge environment? How much does that actually happen? Would you build your droid early or late?

I loved having the droid with me for its reactions around Galaxy's Edge. But it was even better on the gondola ride back to the resort. My droid and my cousins were having an amazing conversation. Everyone else in the gondola loved it.

However, carrying it around was a bit difficult since I usually take a backpack to the parks and carrying around 2 bags and a lightsaber is very awkward.

When I went back a couple days later to build a second droid, I planned it better. I left my regular bag at the resort and went to the parks with a packable bag and the put that in the bag with the droid for the rest of my day. It was a lot easier carrying around the second droid for the day.

The droids also only interact with things in galaxy's edge so there is not much for it to react to if you are doing things outside of star wars land. (unless you get close enough to a strangers droid)

I loved having the droid with me for its reactions around Galaxy's Edge. But it was even better on the gondola ride back to the resort. My droid and my cousins were having an amazing conversation. Everyone else in the gondola loved it.

However, carrying it around was a bit difficult since I usually take a backpack to the parks and carrying around 2 bags and a lightsaber is very awkward.

When I went back a couple days later to build a second droid, I planned it better. I left my regular bag at the resort and went to the parks with a packable bag and the put that in the bag with the droid for the rest of my day. It was a lot easier carrying around the second droid for the day.

The droids also only interact with things in galaxy's edge so there is not much for it to react to if you are doing things outside of star wars land. (unless you get close enough to a strangers droid)
Thanks for this!! I made my appointment for the early evening. They may extend park hours hopefully, but i think i limited my carrying time lol! Im also looking to bring my own carrying bag for it, looking for alternatives to Disney’s bag.

We have an only child and we initially decided we would just let him build a lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop and 1 of us would accompany him. Talking tonight & decided we’re willing to splurge & do 2 so we can both share the experience with him. Went to check for availability and our day is sold out! I see it says limited walk-ins are available. Anyone have any experience with this? Think theres any chance we could still add 1 more builder?

Also wanted to add, that our reservation is for 3 kids total, our 2 nephews are also building, but my bro & sis-in-law will be the plus 1’s for their 2 kids.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm planning my first trip to Disney World with my family in early June. I've been able to find the details I need for most of the planning, but I have not been able to determine what time of day the Savi's Workshop time slots drop. Is it at the same time as the rest of the ADRs?

Whenever I would check before, I didn't seem to have too much difficulty finding availability, but as it is getting closer to having to make our reservations, I'm not really seeing much availability now. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Also, sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm planning my first trip to Disney World with my family in early June. I've been able to find the details I need for most of the planning, but I have not been able to determine what time of day the Savi's Workshop time slots drop. Is it at the same time as the rest of the ADRs?

Whenever I would check before, I didn't seem to have too much difficulty finding availability, but as it is getting closer to having to make our reservations, I'm not really seeing much availability now. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Also, sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

Welcome. There's a thread here that says reservations open at midnight: https://www.disboards.com/threads/savis-and-droid-reservations.3830455/#post-62838621

YMMV.

Ugh, really beating myself up over this. I'm in charge of all my family's bookings, and I'm generally insane with it. I always have complete spreadsheets, book dining first thing in the morning the first day it opens, etc. I did not realize the lightsaber builds were by reservation. Just didn't occur to me.

We have park reservations for DHS on 4/19 and 4/22. Anybody have any luck checking daily for cancellations that close to arrival? Or walking up day of?

Ugh, really beating myself up over this. I'm in charge of all my family's bookings, and I'm generally insane with it. I always have complete spreadsheets, book dining first thing in the morning the first day it opens, etc. I did not realize the lightsaber builds were by reservation. Just didn't occur to me.

We have park reservations for DHS on 4/19 and 4/22. Anybody have any luck checking daily for cancellations that close to arrival? Or walking up day of?

There are a few times right now for 4/19.

I managed to snag a Savi’s reservation for May 4th, so excited! But.... my reservation is for 9:05p and the park closes at 8p. Is this a glitch?

I managed to snag a Savi’s reservation for May 4th, so excited! But.... my reservation is for 9:05p and the park closes at 8p. Is this a glitch?

Nope! We had the same timing for our build on 4/1 with the park closing at 8. We went to Oga’s at 8:30 and then to Savi’s. After our appointment, though, we were not allowed in the area of the Millennium Falcon for photos so just be aware that is not always a possibility with those last reservations of the night.

When we were there last week, there were no Ahsoka legacy sabers of either style at Dok Ondar's or at DS. They did have Jedi Temple Guard legacy hilts at Dok Ondar's, though, which surprised me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter