• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Hi all. My son just built his lightsaber yesterday and he's so paranoid about TSA not allowing iton the plane. We are flying AA in the morning.
I've seen all different kinds of answers. Please help...thanks.
My son and I were down in mid December, he built lightsaber and we had no issue with TSA or AA. I also built one prior year and flew Frontier with no issue. Both times I removed hilt and stored in carry on and left the blade in the sheath which made in much lighter and shorter so easier to carry and store which I did by my feet against window seat. Good luck & safe travels!

Has anyone had luck with walking up and getting in Sami’s? I’ve been checking and checking, even since almost 60 days out, and it keeps telling me nothing available for any of my 13 days.

Is there any benefit to me staying at Poly or having a Disney Visa when it comes to the lightsabers at Savis? Can i somehow get them sent to the hotel or shipped to my home? There will be three for my son & nephews.

I got my answer to my question above, but another has come up for me. Is it annoying to carry the Droid around all day? I was thinking to make both my Droid & Savi reservations for the end of the day, but then I read the Droid interacts with the Galaxys edge environment? How much does that actually happen? Would you build your droid early or late?

My son just tells me last week about this... leaving this week, of course no reservations are available. With there being no fast passes etc, I just have not planned this trip like I normally would have.. so dissapointed for him and his friend. I forgot all about this attraction.. anyone know if there is any chance of still getting a reservation or being able to walk in? Thank you, KIM

People cancel all the time. Some may have more then 1 day booked. I've been searching a million times a day for spring break and I got one a few days ago. I didn't believe I would get one until I did. Just keep looking, multiple times a day. Food luck.

I got my answer to my question above, but another has come up for me. Is it annoying to carry the Droid around all day? I was thinking to make both my Droid & Savi reservations for the end of the day, but then I read the Droid interacts with the Galaxys edge environment? How much does that actually happen? Would you build your droid early or late?

There are points throughout BSO where the droid reacts, except for the walkway between the camp and the outpost. Sometimes locals (aka cm’s), troopers, and resistance will talk to you about your droid. If you don’t buy the backpack or have some sort of bag you bring with you to hold it (threads on here with ideas), it will be in a box that is too big for the droid, flimsy, and awkward to carry.

There are points throughout BSO where the droid reacts, except for the walkway between the camp and the outpost. Sometimes locals (aka cm’s), troopers, and resistance will talk to you about your droid. If you don’t buy the backpack or have some sort of bag you bring with you to hold it (threads on here with ideas), it will be in a box that is too big for the droid, flimsy, and awkward to carry.
Thanks!! The bag is another $50? I was thinking to maybe look on Etsy or something

Shopping at the marketplace during spring break was a bit riddiculous. It took me an hour all involved. So if you want to get something Batuu themed may I suggest the store in the front of the one at Disney springs. Especially if you don't have a lot of patience.

On the plus side the CMs were very good about guarding against line skippers and guests who were trying to sneak in.

Do they release reservations in waves? My day of arrival is May 11 and i woke up at 60 days before exactly at 7AM and there was no availability for my entire stay. However, there is plenty of availability on May 9th. First time booking this, anyone know what’s going on?

Do they release reservations in waves? My day of arrival is May 11 and i woke up at 60 days before exactly at 7AM and there was no availability for my entire stay. However, there is plenty of availability on May 9th. First time booking this, anyone know what’s going on?

I haven’t heard of that happening but I do see what you mean. I would just keep checking back throughout each day for them to drop!

I haven’t heard of that happening but I do see what you mean. I would just keep checking back throughout each day for them to drop!
The hours just changed for the week of March 28th on Friday. Saturday morning around 6 a ton of Savi's spots opened up for the morning and evening to match the new hours. I was finally able to snag the day and time I wanted. Just keep watching and checking. Prior to this I did get a middle of the day appointment. I would check constantly and found one in the middle of the night when my dog woke me.

Just FYI- The reservations open at 6am EST. Keep checking, people cancel often!

FYI, additional early AM and late PM appointments are now available for the week of 4/4-4/10 if anyone’s looking.

How long does the experience take? I managed to snag an 8:25 pm Savi's and have Oga's at 8:50. I'm thinking it might be too tight but I would love to bang this out in one shot lol. I do have another night booked as well so if it doesn't work I will manage. Other then cool pictures, is there anything they do? Thanks!

How long does the experience take? I managed to snag an 8:25 pm Savi's and have Oga's at 8:50. I'm thinking it might be too tight but I would love to bang this out in one shot lol. I do have another night booked as well so if it doesn't work I will manage. Other then cool pictures, is there anything they do? Thanks!

Found this from September:
It's a 20 min experience

I don't know if they do anything, though, other than light up. I was trying to figure it out myself because my DD has been asking to go since they opened and I made an appointment for our upcoming trip, but for $200 I want this lightsaber to be like a KitchenAid stand mixer and do ALL the things! :laughing: I did see this in another thread this morning and thought it was good info:

This isn’t the same experience you had in 2016. These are higher quality(actual prop quality) and comes with an experience. Similar builds in the third party lightsaber market go for $400+ and you don’t get the experience. The only plastic in these, unless you count a polycarbonate blade, is the chassis and the kyber crystal(and the rancor tooth pommel in the elemental nature set). The majority is metal.

Found this from September:

I don't know if they do anything, though, other than light up. I was trying to figure it out myself because my DD has been asking to go since they opened and I made an appointment for our upcoming trip, but for $200 I want this lightsaber to be like a KitchenAid stand mixer and do ALL the things! :laughing: I did see this in another thread this morning and thought it was good info:
Thanks. I'm with you but my kids are SO excited for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter