Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Hi all. My son just built his lightsaber yesterday and he's so paranoid about TSA not allowing iton the plane. We are flying AA in the morning.
I've seen all different kinds of answers. Please help...thanks.

Ok- we read something that to buy more crystals you had to buy another piece too- was hoping we can just get extra crystals. This is good he can just get a crystal as an extra.
You can just buy crystals. I purchased my lightsaber at Savi's and then went to Disney Springs and purchased 2 extra crystals.

Hi all. My son just built his lightsaber yesterday and he's so paranoid about TSA not allowing iton the plane. We are flying AA in the morning.
I've seen all different kinds of answers. Please help...thanks.
I read that you could however, we drove up.

Can you currently purchase extra scrap metal at Savis and/or extra droid parts?
There was a sign at Zavi's that you can purchase extra parts for like $20-$25. Not sure if that meant, extra parts in your lightsaber group or extra parts among the other groups.

We are planning to come in February and my DH and DS really want to do the lightsaber build. I saw some notices on DFB that the lightsaber building experience was on hold and folks were just brought in to buy a prebuilt legacy saber, but that was a while ago. Anyone that's been recently, are they doing the build experience now or is it still just a shop and go situation? Not sure we want to spend the $$ and miss the experience.

Hi! I got my husband the experience at Savis for Christmas. He absolutely loved it. The only thing that I didn’t like was I couldn’t get a good recording of him doing the build due to social distancing. I was required to stand behind him. I wish for the money you pay they would record it for you but it was still worth it IMO.

Yes it is the full experience. You can book it 60 days out. So, I hope there are still spots open for your Studios day.

I booked the experience for last November as soon as I heard it was back. Loved it.

I would recommend trying to get a late time so you don't have to carry it the rest of the day. Also, you can get some great photos at Galaxy's Edge at night with your lightsaber.

Last edited:
Yes, the full Savi's experience is back.
As for reservations, sometimes you just get lucky. I happened to check about a week before my trip in December and got a time on my Hollywood day.

I am there 3/27-4/3. I don't see ability to reserve the Droid for 3/30 yet. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be available 60 days in advance?

Since the change from 180 days out to 60 days out, do on site guest still get to make reservations for their entire stay on 60 days out from check in? I would assume that would make getting reservations later in your stay easier.

I haven't been following along too much lately and want to know what to expect when it gets closer to my reservation day.

Since the change from 180 days out to 60 days out, do on site guest still get to make reservations for their entire stay on 60 days out from check in? I would assume that would make getting reservations later in your stay easier.

I haven't been following along too much lately and want to know what to expect when it gets closer to my reservation day.
Yes they do!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/fron...ber_Revealed_At_Galaxys_Edge_Today_188287.asp
cal-kestis-legacy-lightsaber-reveal.jpg

cal-kestis-legacy-lightsaber-reveal-2.jpg

My batteries died in my lightsaber after getting it first week of November? This an issue? I haven't been fighting too many Sith in that time.

My batteries died in my lightsaber after getting it first week of November? This an issue? I haven't been fighting too many Sith in that time.
All of ours died pretty quickly with the cheap batteries they came with. Since switching to Energizer Max they are lasting a good amount of time but they do tend to drain batteries even when turned off. If you know you won’t be using it for a while it may.be best to leave the batteries out.

When can I try to book the light saber experience? Is it booked in My Disney Experience app under dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter