Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Question about pricing at Savi's:
The website says "starting at $219". Are there add-ons or other things you can purchase that would make the final price higher?
Just trying to budget, thanks for any info.
If I recall when I did it, the "Starting" is because you can actually buy a stand to display your lightsaber back at home. The bag comes with the experience (if in stock obviously given looks like sometimes they're out), but if I recall the stand I think was around $30? I bought it and while the piece that actually holds the lightsaber I'll admit can be a bit flimsy, if you set it just right it works well. (It's a metal stand, but there are two little plastic things you put on the metal portion to then rest the saber and I find sometimes you have to put it on just right and at a good distance from one another for it to work.)
I don't believe there's anything other than the stands but yeah, I would say that's why it's "Starting at $219"

I used the chat button on the website and ended up getting a call back. Spoke with the CM who said that she sees what we see, as we share the live system. No availability and was also advised to just keep constantly checking. I asked if she was able to tell if any appointments were successfully made and if it’s possibly a glitch problem, as we can all see that appointments are available through April. She said she is only able to see open appointments, not if anyone actually has appts at the times that are showing unavailable.
I also told her that it was a little frustrating that we could use the 60+10 rule for dining reservations but other Enchanting Extras that also need reservations (such as Keys to the Kingdom tour, droid/light saber) are not, and you have to make these ressies on the 60 day mark. She said she had not heard that before and would submit that as a suggested change.
Is it worth starting a new thread to discuss/share tips about the week of May 15?
Thank you for this! I thought Savi's was going to be the easiest of the ADR's I wanted to get last week because I had checked the weeks prior to our stay and there was availability every day (evening is our preference) prior to the 15th of May and was shocked when I couldn't get a reservation for the week of our stay. We have a spot on May 14th in case we can't get one May 15-May 20 it wasn't our plan to go to the park that day (and we added a park day) but it's the only request our DS has (he's 26 and paying for it himself).

I used the chat button on the website and ended up getting a call back. Spoke with the CM who said that she sees what we see, as we share the live system. No availability and was also advised to just keep constantly checking. I asked if she was able to tell if any appointments were successfully made and if it’s possibly a glitch problem, as we can all see that appointments are available through April. She said she is only able to see open appointments, not if anyone actually has appts at the times that are showing unavailable.
I also told her that it was a little frustrating that we could use the 60+10 rule for dining reservations but other Enchanting Extras that also need reservations (such as Keys to the Kingdom tour, droid/light saber) are not, and you have to make these ressies on the 60 day mark. She said she had not heard that before and would submit that as a suggested change.
Is it worth starting a new thread to discuss/share tips about the week of May 15?

I am able to use the 60+10 rule to look for Savi reservations but it only worked on the web site, not the app or mobile site version. Sadly still no reservations. Really hoping it is just a glitch and they will open up soon!

Anyone been able to get Savi's or Droid depot yet for the week of May 21st? Trying to book that week for 60+ days, but also seeing the buzz lightyear :(

Hope this is the right thread for this, but anyone noticing Oga's booking up faster than normal? I ask, and again I haven't been since pre-pandemic, cause before COVID half the time there were just numerous reservation times and it never seemed to really sell out unless you were like...going on March break. Savi's and sometimes droid depot would be gone a month before, but Oga's always had availabilities. But even for end of April, AFTER Easter and no Marathons (though apparently the first day of a cheer competition?) I can't get a single reservation. I briefly had one pop up for 11:45 and I clicked it, soon as I did it said sorry that time's gone.

Just curious I notice at the top it says the experience has been altered so I'm curious, are fewer people allowed into Oga's now meaning far less reservations available? And should I perhaps look into trying closer to the date? I'll be honest I just wasn't thinking about Oga's when I booked other things like Savi's, but didn't expect there to just be nothing more than a month out.

Hope this is the right thread for this, but anyone noticing Oga's booking up faster than normal? I ask, and again I haven't been since pre-pandemic, cause before COVID half the time there were just numerous reservation times and it never seemed to really sell out unless you were like...going on March break. Savi's and sometimes droid depot would be gone a month before, but Oga's always had availabilities. But even for end of April, AFTER Easter and no Marathons (though apparently the first day of a cheer competition?) I can't get a single reservation. I briefly had one pop up for 11:45 and I clicked it, soon as I did it said sorry that time's gone.

Just curious I notice at the top it says the experience has been altered so I'm curious, are fewer people allowed into Oga's now meaning far less reservations available? And should I perhaps look into trying closer to the date? I'll be honest I just wasn't thinking about Oga's when I booked other things like Savi's, but didn't expect there to just be nothing more than a month out.
It used to be altered, but they are back to packing people in and has been for a while. I’m surprised they haven’t removed that notice. We were at a stand-up table the first week in March, and they put three other couples at it with us. 8 people at one stand-up table. Two couples ordered the charcuterie plate, and one also had the chips and dip, so the table literally had no room for drinks. Everyone was holding them. It was really (REALLY) annoying. We also had 8 people at a stand-up table last September.

It used to be altered, but they are back to packing people in and has been for a while. I’m surprised they haven’t removed that notice. We were at a stand-up table the first week in March, and they put three other couples at it with us. 8 people at one stand-up table. Two couples ordered the charcuterie plate, and one also had the chips and dip, so the table literally had no room for drinks. Everyone was holding them. It was really (REALLY) annoying. We also had 8 people at a stand-up table last September.
Hmmm I wonder if that's a sign April 28 will just be as packed as March Break (though I suppose same time, with so many people wanting to travel again, I feel like for some time crowd calendars will be way off and there will be no real "dull" time lol)

Anyone been able to get Savi's or Droid depot yet for the week of May 21st? Trying to book that week for 60+ days, but also seeing the buzz lightyear :(

I am looking at the same week and having the same problem. Hoping it is just a delay in Disney opening up the reservations and not actually all booked up!

Yes, same here. I've been looking off and on since 4:45 CST this morning for the week of 5/21-5/25 and only seeing Buzz saying no availability. So frustrating!

Oh, I will NOT be happy if that happens to me. I'm already doing a slow boil that we got a 10:35am ADR and will be eating cheese and crackers and drinking at 10:30 in the morning (trying to modify to a later time with no luck)...and the possibility of sharing a stand up table with another party has me rethinking the whole experience.

Oh, I will NOT be happy if that happens to me. I'm already doing a slow boil that we got a 10:35am ADR and will be eating cheese and crackers and drinking at 10:30 in the morning (trying to modify to a later time with no luck)...and the possibility of sharing a stand up table with another party has me rethinking the whole experience.
Same. Honestly I think I also didn't book Oga's originally cause I was kind of like "ehhh do I need to?" cause I have gone twice. I got my "experience" minus not having tried the Bantha cookie and blue milk. But it's like I have photos and video from inside so it's just like if I don't get it OK but figured while there, why not go. But yeah knowing it's that crammed I'm now kind of like ermmmm maybe not.

I think if you get a stand up table you will be sharing, or at least it’s very likely. I’ve gone 4 times. The first two we got seats, which was nice. The next time it was just my DH and I and we were at the higher bar. Last time it was my DH, me, and DSs 11, 8, 4 and 4, and we were put at the lower bar that you stand at. At least then the kids could see and reach their drinks, but to not have a table with the 4 yr olds was… not ideal. And from what I noticed, unless your group is bigger, you will most likely share if you get a standing table. I always enjoy Oga’s, but the times we had the booths were much perferable to me, unless you want to be at the bar to be able to be in the middle of things and see more. Without kids I think that’s reasonable, since you aren’t there long.

Yes they are packing people in there. I had a reservation last week and was told we would be seated at the bar. I asked for a booth and was told it would be a 30 minute wait. I said that might make us miss a LL. They said to go get on ride and come back. We came back and were immediately seated at booth. We were a group of 3. The booths have partitions on them, so there was another group of 4 with us. But there was plenty of space and it didn't feel like sitting with another group due to dividers.

Yes they are packing people in there. I had a reservation last week and was told we would be seated at the bar. I asked for a booth and was told it would be a 30 minute wait. I said that might make us miss a LL. They said to go get on ride and come back. We came back and were immediately seated at booth. We were a group of 3. The booths have partitions on them, so there was another group of 4 with us. But there was plenty of space and it didn't feel like sitting with another group due to dividers.
That nice you were given the option of a booth. We were a group of 7 in September, including an infant, and asked for a table - said we’d be willing to wait. We were flat-out told no, none available “for hours”. It wasn’t even a busy time, like longest wait for a ride was 20 minutes; FoP complete walk-on at 1:00pm slow. We stood at a table and they added a single woman with us. Good thing she was a good sport. We asked for a stool so someone could sit and hold the baby since strollers aren’t allowed. They brought us a stool meant for the tables and not a bar stool. Whoever was taking their turn with the baby was forehead high with the standing table. Glad we were in a good mood!

You will definitely be sharing unless at that time of day it’s slow enough not to necessitate sharing. The only time I’ve never had to share a standing table was right when Oga’s reopened after Covid. That was in August 2020. By our next visit in October 2020, they were back to sharing.

Thank you for all the feedback on your Oga's experiences. It's definitely given me food for thought.

That nice you were given the option of a booth. We were a group of 7 in September, including an infant, and asked for a table - said we’d be willing to wait. We were flat-out told no, none available “for hours”. It wasn’t even a busy time, like longest wait for a ride was 20 minutes; FoP complete walk-on at 1:00pm slow. We stood at a table and they added a single woman with us. Good thing she was a good sport. We asked for a stool so someone could sit and hold the baby since strollers aren’t allowed. They brought us a stool meant for the tables and not a bar stool. Whoever was taking their turn with the baby was forehead high with the standing table. Glad we were in a good mood!
That’s ridiculous, it’s like you got a CM in a bad mood! The best part is the stool that put your forehead at table level when holding the baby lol. Yes, if I were in a good mood I would have been howling when they brought that over, I don’t see how they did it with a straight face. If there’s ever a group that would have been good to put at a booth it was yours. I don’t think they take group make-up into account at all- I’ve been in there and saw multiple groups
of like 3 young adults sitting in booths while families with little kids stood at high tables and the kids couldn’t even see the top of the table. I know there is also timing to consider, but that seemed crazy! Not to mention turnover is crazy fast there- most groups don’t stay and drink a lot because of the cost of each drink (and no real food to speak of)! They just want to experience the atmosphere and go do something else. So hours seems a tad exaggerated.

That’s ridiculous, it’s like you got a CM in a bad mood! The best part is the stool that put your forehead at table level when holding the baby lol. Yes, if I were in a good mood I would have been howling when they brought that over, I don’t see how they did it with a straight face. If there’s ever a group that would have been good to put at a booth it was yours. I don’t think they take group make-up into account at all- I’ve been in there and saw multiple groups
of like 3 young adults sitting in booths while families with little kids stood at high tables and the kids couldn’t even see the top of the table. I know there is also timing to consider, but that seemed crazy! Not to mention turnover is crazy fast there- most groups don’t stay and drink a lot because of the cost of each drink (and no real food to speak of)! They just want to experience the atmosphere and go do something else. So hours seems a tad exaggerated.
I really wish I’d taken a picture of one of us sitting there; it was quite funny. We got several stares from people walking past. To tell the truth, we were actually just kind of happy to get a seat to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter