Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

To clarify I need to have a park reservation for HS before I can book Savi's workshop.
Yes, it says valid admission and park reservation for same park on same date required. Not sure if you have park hoppers how they would handle that. We had hoppers but we built ours on one of our HS days anyway.

To clarify I need to have a park reservation for HS before I can book Savi's workshop.
Hmmmmm, thinking on it more no, you can probably book before you even pick which park you are going to be in since some people dont pick parks 60 days beforehand. Its probably just a warning like the same one they give you when you make a dining reservation in a park. Thinking back, i checked everyday of our trip and could have booked any day, so if you have park hoppers you can pick any day would be my guess.

Being too long winded i know, but no, i believe you can book any day of your trip you want, even before the park has been chosen, they are just warning you you need a park reservation to get in to build it.

Does anyone know if the droid bags are back in stock? We will be there the third week of March and trying to figure out if I need to come prepared with backpacks for the kids to be able to carry them around the park. (Momma’s not a pack mule anymore!!)

I wasn’t sure where to ask this, so I thought I would start here. I was finally able to get an Oga’s reservation for Sept 30th thanks to mousesining, but it is for 3:30 and I have Savi’s at 3:05. Is this at all doable? Is the Savi’s time when you actually go in to make the saber, or when you have to be checked in by, and then you go in after waiting in the waiting area for a while? I will keep trying for a different Oga’s time, but I would really like to do both!
I know this is months later, but just in case it helps someone I thought I would report back how this went. I never did find another Oga's reservation. I went to my Savi's reservation at the usual time, maybe a tad early but nothing unusual, and was easily done with plenty of time to get to our Oga's ADR on time. We didn't even have to check in to Oga's late using a grace period

Has anyone had luck with walk ups recently at Droid Depot when no reservations are open? I am going later this month and trying to get a reservation but have had no luck. Going on a Monday and find it strange that every weekend date has lots of options open in March, but most weekdays are full. I am wondering if they are taking less reservations during the week to have more walk up availability?

I’m l pretty sure I saw people carrying them around on President’s Day week, hopefully someone can confirm.

Logged in at midnight Eastern to book Savi’s and can’t access anything for the week of May 15. Droids is showing but not Savi’s.

I’m choosing to believe it’s some calendar issue on their end since I’m getting the same Buzz Lightyear error message for every day that week that we’re there and not for any day before the 15th. On multiple devices/browsers.:rotfl2:

Sharing in case someone else is having the same problem. Gonna try again in the AM (yay time change).

Got a bag for my lightsaber yesterday at Savi’s. Droid depot seemed to have plenty of backpacks. Don’t know about walk up availability at droid depot but they didn’t seem that crowded. There was a virtual queue for legacy lightsabers at Dok Ondor’s. You could still go in if you weren’t interested in them at all, but there was definitely a winding line of people in front of the display case so you wouldn’t be able to see much anyway.

Got a bag for my lightsaber yesterday at Savi’s. Droid depot seemed to have plenty of backpacks. Don’t know about walk up availability at droid depot but they didn’t seem that crowded. There was a virtual queue for legacy lightsabers at Dok Ondor’s. You could still go in if you weren’t interested in them at all, but there was definitely a winding line of people in front of the display case so you wouldn’t be able to see much anyway.
Thanks for posting about the bags at Savi’s. I was wondering if they had returned.

Trying to find out if this Batuu magnet is still being sold in the marketplace at SW:GE at Hollywood Studios. My kitten apparently pushed mine into the trash and I didn't notice before throwing it out. I won't be at the parks again until July, but will hold out resorting to an eBay purchase if I know they are still being sold there currently. Thanks so much in advance!

Batuu.jpeg

Logged in at midnight Eastern to book Savi’s and can’t access anything for the week of May 15. Droids is showing but not Savi’s.

I’m choosing to believe it’s some calendar issue on their end since I’m getting the same Buzz Lightyear error message for every day that week that we’re there and not for any day before the 15th. On multiple devices/browsers.:rotfl2:

Sharing in case someone else is having the same problem. Gonna try again in the AM (yay time change).
Same here. I'm traveling May 16-20 and getting same unavailability for all dates. Can book droids but not light sabers.

Question about pricing at Savi's:
The website says "starting at $219". Are there add-ons or other things you can purchase that would make the final price higher?
Just trying to budget, thanks for any info.

Question about pricing at Savi's:
The website says "starting at $219". Are there add-ons or other things you can purchase that would make the final price higher?
Just trying to budget, thanks for any info.
The first time we did it; back when it was $199, they had two up-charge items they asked us about when we checked in- one was a way to attach the hilt to your belt and I think the other was a tabletop display for the hilt. The next time we did it, over the 50th, there were no up charges available that I was aware of- it was just the $219. At least they didn’t ask us if we were interested if there were up-charge items or add on items available.

Trying to find out if this Batuu magnet is still being sold in the marketplace at SW:GE at Hollywood Studios. My kitten apparently pushed mine into the trash and I didn't notice before throwing it out. I won't be at the parks again until July, but will hold out resorting to an eBay purchase if I know they are still being sold there currently. Thanks so much in advance!

View attachment 655804
I'll be there the week of May 16 if you'd like me to check for you.

Same here. I'm traveling May 16-20 and getting same unavailability for all dates. Can book droids but not light sabers.

Still getting unavailable too. And there was a Reddit thread about it (so at least it’s not just us!) - sounds like appointments exist but were never made available for anyone, including CMs, to book.

I’m traveling at the moment but if this continues to mid-week when I’m back home I’m going to call again. Will update you if anything changes, but when I spoke to a phone CM one week ago their only advice was to keep checking the website.

Still getting unavailable too. And there was a Reddit thread about it (so at least it’s not just us!) - sounds like appointments exist but were never made available for anyone, including CMs, to book.

I’m traveling at the moment but if this continues to mid-week when I’m back home I’m going to call again. Will update you if anything changes, but when I spoke to a phone CM one week ago their only advice was to keep checking the website.
I used the chat button on the website and ended up getting a call back. Spoke with the CM who said that she sees what we see, as we share the live system. No availability and was also advised to just keep constantly checking. I asked if she was able to tell if any appointments were successfully made and if it’s possibly a glitch problem, as we can all see that appointments are available through April. She said she is only able to see open appointments, not if anyone actually has appts at the times that are showing unavailable.
I also told her that it was a little frustrating that we could use the 60+10 rule for dining reservations but other Enchanting Extras that also need reservations (such as Keys to the Kingdom tour, droid/light saber) are not, and you have to make these ressies on the 60 day mark. She said she had not heard that before and would submit that as a suggested change.
Is it worth starting a new thread to discuss/share tips about the week of May 15?

Last edited:
I used the chat button on the website and ended up getting a call back. Spoke with the CM who said that she sees what we see, as we share the live system. No availability and was also advised to just keep constantly checking. I asked if she was able to tell if any appointments were successfully made and if it’s possibly a glitch problem, as we can all see that appointments are available through April. She said she is only able to see open appointments, not if anyone actually has appts at the times that are showing unavailable.
I also told her that it was a little frustrating that we could use the 60+10 rule for dining reservations but other Magical Experiences that also need reservations (such as Keys to the Kingdom tour, droid/light saber) are not, and you have to make these ressies on the 60 day mark. She said she had not heard that before and would submit that as a suggested change.
Is it worth starting a new thread to discuss/share tips about the week of May 15?

Crossing my fingers that tonight it’s fixed (been saying that for a week…) Not sure if we need a new, dedicated thread yet since this only affects Savi’s and not the entire reservation system. Maybe if this persists a couple more days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter