Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Worried about bringing home the Savi's light saber on the plane. Has there been any issues with the plane not letting you bring it on the plane?? Does it fit in the over head compartment???? TSA confiscating any ??
TSA in Orlando, as well as Anaheim, know full well what they are and so do the airlines. That said, you may potentially get someone who doesn't know what they are and think they are an explosive device(this happens sometimes with large diaphragm condenser microphones as well), so if you need to, offer to let them swab it and turn it on for them. You shouldn't have any trouble though, but occasionally you do get a security officer unfamiliar with them, so just be prepared. Also, the TSA website specifically lists this as being allowed on the plane, and it would not hurt to have that pulled up on your phone.

Worried about bringing home the Savi's light saber on the plane. Has there been any issues with the plane not letting you bring it on the plane?? Does it fit in the over head compartment???? TSA confiscating any ??
TSA and airlinew arw all aware of the Lightsabers. It depends on the plane some fit on overhead. But I was allowed to keep mine next to ke under the seat and so were a couple of other people. We were a total of 5 pwoplw. I was qlso flying to Canada. I also flew in Aeptember if that helps

I just came back a couple of weeks ago and never had an issue and I saw lot of people with them. I think they’re well used to it :)

We were so lucky, my DH is a golfer and the saber fit beautifully in the golf bag! Made it home in one piece!

I flew Southwest in September and it fit in the over head compartment.

Does anyone know if they still sell the krykna (white spider creature) in the Creature Stall?

Attachments

• creature-stall-krykna-spider.jpeg
    creature-stall-krykna-spider.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm a little late in my reply.... We built a saber at Savi's during our November 2019 trip, and 3 during our first week of October trip this year (only a few weeks ago). No problems carrying them through TSA. Just put them on the Xray belt.

Our November 2019 trip, American Airlines allowed us on the plane with the light saber in addition to our 1 personal item and 1 carry on. We had no problems getting it in the overhead.

Fast forward to our early October trip this year, my wife, our friend and our friend's son all built light sabers. So we had 3 to bring home (with 5 people). Again, no issues with TSA, but at the gate, American was announcing that light sabers counted as the "1 allowed personal item"

Thankfully I had space in my 21" rolling carry on that I was able to put my "personal item" (small case with my android tablet and headphones), and my wife's personal items into it, while our friend's son didn't have a personal item. That allowed 3 of us to each carried a light saber on as our personal items.

Once on the plane, I was given all 3 sabers. It was an A320 or A321 plane, they didn't easily fit in the over head above me. I would not have been able to even get 1 up there. I ended up removing the hilts, putting them in my seat pocket, and wedging the blades (in the cases) into the overhead above our rolly luggage. Then put them back together as we were getting off the plane.

EDIT: I might have been able to fit the hilts into my 21" rolly bag, but it was already up in the overhead when I realized I had to take the sabers arpart, so didn't have the time or the space to take the 21" bag down to try while all the other passengers were boarding, hence just using the seat back pocket.

Last edited:

A couple of Savi's questions... for dates that have no available reservations, is there any service (like for dining ADRs) to get notified if one becomes available? Or is relentless stalking of Disney's website the only method to snag a reservation if there's a cancellation?

Do you get the nice carrying case with the Savi's lightsabers? Some time ago, there was a supply chain issue and they were only providing a plastic bag. That hasn't been a problem since, has it?

A couple of Savi's questions... for dates that have no available reservations, is there any service (like for dining ADRs) to get notified if one becomes available? Or is relentless stalking of Disney's website the only method to snag a reservation if there's a cancellation?

Do you get the nice carrying case with the Savi's lightsabers? Some time ago, there was a supply chain issue and they were only providing a plastic bag. That hasn't been a problem since, has it?
When we were there cases were available.

I'm not aware of a service to watch for Savi's Workshop reservations. You have to just keep checking

When we were there in the first week of October, they had the cases. Everyone got one.

Does anyone know if they still sell the resistance pilot suits anywhere anymore at GE or Disney Springs?

Does anyone know if they still sell the resistance pilot suits anywhere anymore at GE or Disney Springs?
Just got back from 3 weeks there and didn’t see any pilot jumpsuits anywhere. They have the helmets still by the exit of Rise and they were selling Resistance ponchos there that were similar to Leia’s but not quite the same but that’s all they had there tbh aside from a few “Batuu bounding” clothes.

Are the Coca Cola bottles available still? I know there was some issues with getting them in 2021. Planning a trip in February and need to know if I should temper my expectations.

There was plenty there as far as I could see over the last 3 weeks I was there. Saw lots of people walking around DHS with them. They even sell them at the Star Wars Trading Post down on Disney Springs now as well.

Do they still sell the sabers At dok - ondars in the small boxes or are they all now bundled in with the blades/stands? Trying to think of room for the trip home. Any help is appreciated!

Do they still sell the sabers At dok - ondars in the small boxes or are they all now bundled in with the blades/stands? Trying to think of room for the trip home. Any help is appreciated!
There are still some sabers you can get as just the hilt. It's been shifting more to the box sets with blade and stand but hilt only are still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter