Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post... first off, thank you all for all the information you provide on this forum. I’ve read it for years to help prepare for our annual trips to Disney. On our trip over Christmas we booked a BB offer to return the week before Christmas in 2019, it will be during my son’s 10th birthday and he has talked for years about taking his “GG” for the first time for her to see SWL with him. I’m curious on the opinions of this board.

We are currently booked in a CL room at AKL. for the sole reason of the FP+ Option at 90 days. All of these rumors about hard tickets for SWL have me concerned that we may be better off to change the CL to a safari view and purchase the hard ticket instead. I know we’re a ways out and nobody has the official dates yet, but just wanted to get some opinions from the board as to what the would do. Thanks in advance...

First post... first off, thank you all for all the information you provide on this forum. I’ve read it for years to help prepare for our annual trips to Disney. On our trip over Christmas we booked a BB offer to return the week before Christmas in 2019, it will be during my son’s 10th birthday and he has talked for years about taking his “GG” for the first time for her to see SWL with him. I’m curious on the opinions of this board.

We are currently booked in a CL room at AKL. for the sole reason of the FP+ Option at 90 days. All of these rumors about hard tickets for SWL have me concerned that we may be better off to change the CL to a safari view and purchase the hard ticket instead. I know we’re a ways out and nobody has the official dates yet, but just wanted to get some opinions from the board as to what the would do. Thanks in advance...

It's hard to tell until we know what they offer. Maybe there are no hard ticket events when you are there (maybe they only start them 2 months after the land opens).

I think depending on what the hard ticket offer is, it could be a better spend and better experience than staying club level to get the 90 day FP - but we don't know

It's hard to tell until we know what they offer. Maybe there are no hard ticket events when you are there (maybe they only start them 2 months after the land opens).

I think depending on what the hard ticket offer is, it could be a better spend and better experience than staying club level to get the 90 day FP - but we don't know

Thanks... that’s kind of what I had in mind but thought someone here might have a better idea. The CL Safari wasn’t that much more than the regular safari, about $60 per night I believe... My thought right now is to keep it and change if they offer a hard ticket event, and use the 90 CL fp as a fall back if they don’t. I’d think we would know all of that in plenty of time to make a decision. Personally I’d rather do a hard ticket event due to the crowd level hopefully being lower, but just wanted to sort of hedge my bets in case they weren’t offered.

Last edited:
Thanks... that’s kind of what I had in mind but thought someone hear might have a better idea. The CL Safari wasn’t that much more than the regular safari, about $60 per night I believe... My thought right now is to keep it and change if they offer a hard ticket event, and use the 90 CL fp as a fall back if they don’t. I’d think we would know all of that in plenty of time to make a decision. Personally I’d rather do a hard ticket event due to the crowd level hopefully being lower, but just wanted to sort of hedge my bets in case they weren’t offered.

I agree with all of your thoughts - hard ticket, if offered, probably better, and CL good back-up

This is exactly what we did. We are booked at CL in ALK from December 10 to 15 and a regular room at the Contemporary December 7 to 10. I'm hoping to book FP's via CL and that will get us in the land easily! Hopefully it opens early November, and I won't have to wake up at 3am to get into the park before capacity is reached.

$500 is steep. I do not know that we would pay that for four adults. That is INSANE.
Steep for certain if that's where they land. Insane is in the eye of the beholder... I think a potential 8hr wait to get in the land and do one ride is more insane IF this is within one's budget.

This is exactly what we did. We are booked at CL in ALK from December 10 to 15 and a regular room at the Contemporary December 7 to 10. I'm hoping to book FP's via CL and that will get us in the land easily! Hopefully it opens early November, and I won't have to wake up at 3am to get into the park before capacity is reached.

I hadn’t even thought about having to worry about the park hitting capacity. That time of year we usually eat brunch or an early lunch at our resort and head to the parks around noon. May not be able to do that for HS in December. We’ll be there the week after you, December 19-24.

Steep for certain if that's where they land. Insane is in the eye of the beholder... I think a potential 8hr wait to get in the land and do one ride is more insane IF this is within one's budget.
$500/person is nuts, but if they will limit ticket sales...it may be the best way to enjoy the land and I can see myself ponying up

$500/person is nuts, but if they will limit ticket sales...it may be the best way to enjoy the land and I can see myself ponying up

Definitely depends on what they limit the crowds too. If it is really low and I feel like I can fully appreciate the entire land during that time then I think it is worth it (and just cut the trip a few days short, stay off site, don’t eat table service, etc .... not saying it isn’t a lot of money but if seeing the land is *the* focus of the trip there are other places to save)

If it is still pretty crowded and I feel like I would get on the rides once and sort of get a feel for the land but still feel too many people to get to fully appreciate then it won’t be worth that to me

I’ve noticed on hot days, they bring a beverage cart to the middle of the line at Mine Train and sell drinks. I wonder if they ever thought of building a small snack/beverage stand into the line for the 2 new rides at GE. Only problem is you might need bathrooms too, but if people are gonna wait 3-5 hours everyday in a line, I would think a snack and a beer at the 1 hour away point would be nice.

I’ve noticed on hot days, they bring a beverage cart to the middle of the line at Mine Train and sell drinks. I wonder if they ever thought of building a small snack/beverage stand into the line for the 2 new rides at GE. Only problem is you might need bathrooms too, but if people are gonna wait 3-5 hours everyday in a line, I would think a snack and a beer at the 1 hour away point would be nice.

Well, they did build the Baseline Taphouse right by where the line to get into the land will be

I love this Stormtropper Spirit Jersey they put out, but can you guys imagine all the Galaxy's Edge Spirit Jersey's they're going to make?!
https://www.shopdisney.com/stormtrooper-spirit-jersey-for-adults-1494369?splat=&captures=&redirect=true&rsize=1&rquery=star wars spirit jersey

I will be interested to see how they do souvenirs and clothes for Galaxy’s serge while trying to maintain the immersiveness of an outer rim location .... where they would want to keep sort of a low profile and not sell a bunch of things advertising themselves

Obviously Disney will want to capitalize on it by wonder if it will be more subtle things and clothes that look more like costumes or outfits that the locals would wear than traditional Disney stuff

I will be interested to see how they do souvenirs and clothes for Galaxy’s serge while trying to maintain the immersiveness of an outer rim location .... where they would want to keep sort of a low profile and not sell a bunch of things advertising themselves

Obviously Disney will want to capitalize on it by wonder if it will be more subtle things and clothes that look more like costumes or outfits that the locals would wear than traditional Disney stuff

Yeah, it would be hard to stay with the theme and sell anything that say "Star Wars" on it, or anything the refers directly to the title of a movie. If they stay pure to theme in the land, they will need to have a Star Wars shop outside the land to sell this sort of merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter