SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

You're right, CP is nowhere near the golf course. The Springs section would generally be closest to the clubhouse. But if you want golf course views, go with Grandstand. It's surrounded by fairways and is also pretty close to the clubhouse.
The Grandstand is the closest to the clubhouse. As for the course itself it surrounds the Grandstand area, goes by the Carousel and goes through OKW.

The Grandstand is the closest to the clubhouse. As for the course itself it surrounds the Grandstand area, goes by the Carousel and goes through OKW.
I guess Grandstand has the closest building to the clubhouse. But I'd say the Springs has the next three closest, with the rest of Grandstand being at least as far and farther.

Here now and can’t believe how STRONG you have to be to open the door to the room AND the balcony door! My adult daughter and I have to push (or pull) together! Has anyone else experienced this? Should I report it to be looked at? We aren’t weaklings but wow it’s taking a toll on my arms and it’s only day two!

Here now and can’t believe how STRONG you have to be to open the door to the room AND the balcony door! My adult daughter and I have to push (or pull) together! Has anyone else experienced this? Should I report it to be looked at? We aren’t weaklings but wow it’s taking a toll on my arms and it’s only day two!

OMG I thought it might only be my door. I literally have to kick it to open it! And I have to make sure it is closed tight when I leave. I haven’t mentioned it to anyone, mainly because I’ve been too busy to bother but I check out tomorrow and I will mention it then. The balcony door however slides super smooth.

The door closes tightly just fine, but opening it…I am SO SORE!! My whole upper body has to push it open. And last night SOMEthing began a LOUD wrenching noise every 12 minutes. I think it’s coming from the locked door behind the laundry and thermostat. We are all unpacked so I’m very disappointed if we have to move but I have another week here and can’t keep losing sleep and making my arms, shoulders, and back sore! Having to twist in an unnatural way to reach the toilet paper is also an issue. The placement is terrible.
On another note, I never would have known this room was new If I hadn’t read it here. Sure, it looks modern and all but there are terrible black scuff marks along many of the baseboards and the kitchen table is soooo chipped and gouged, along with the woodwork above the TV. So sad how people can ruin things so quickly and easily. 😕

We are SSR owners. We love it BECAUSE it serene and "away" from the hustle and bustle but still close enough to DS for great restaurants. We also own at BWV and when we do split stays its like having 2 different vacations in one!
This is what Im hoping to try on our next trip. we are not owners but have stayed twice now at SSR and LOVE IT. ( really hoping the boats to DS start again soon ) We want to do a split to epcot resort area. Sounds ideal !

On another note, I never would have known this room was new If I hadn’t read it here. Sure, it looks modern and all but there are terrible black scuff marks along many of the baseboards and the kitchen table is soooo chipped and gouged, along with the woodwork above the TV. So sad how people can ruin things so quickly and easily. 😕

you should definitely let the front desk know what you are seeing. They have a team that goes around and fixes things like this. It probably won’t happen while you are there, but they will put it on the list and will get to it. Sounds like someone had a scooter in there.

Was at SSR last week in the Springs and did NOT have this issue in a one-bedroom villa. Def recommend asking for both doors to be looked at. Doesn't sound right to me.

Was at SSR last week in the Springs and did NOT have this issue in a one-bedroom villa. Def recommend asking for both doors to be looked at. Doesn't sound right to me.
I did. The guy said the balcony door was very messed up and would require a CARPENTER to fix it. I said no, not being disrupted like that so I have to live with it. It barely moves I don’t know where on earth their quality control is. He said there isn’t much he can do to the main door because it needs to be like that so it will slam shut completely. Guess I’ll just have sore arms to match my sore feet and calves…

We are checking into SSR on Friday in a one-bedroom preferred room. This is our first stay. Couple of questions about getting to Disney Springs, and one about the pool:
1) Am I correct that the boat is not currently running?
2) Is there only one route to walk to Disney Springs - the pathway from the Congress Park Area? We have two ADRs at restaurants on the West Side of Disney Springs - is there a walkway from the Grandstand/golf course side of SSR?
3) Does SSR have a Disney Springs bus? If it is too hot, we may not want to walk.
4) What are the current pool hours?

Thanks!

We are checking into SSR on Friday in a one-bedroom preferred room. This is our first stay. Couple of questions about getting to Disney Springs, and one about the pool:
1) Am I correct that the boat is not currently running?
2) Is there only one route to walk to Disney Springs - the pathway from the Congress Park Area? We have two ADRs at restaurants on the West Side of Disney Springs - is there a walkway from the Grandstand/golf course side of SSR?
3) Does SSR have a Disney Springs bus? If it is too hot, we may not want to walk.
4) What are the current pool hours?

Thanks!
1.No boats yet
2.There is the second route by the Carriage house, it is open feel free to use it
3.Yes there is a bus to and from DS
4.The feature pools were 10am-11pm, the quiet pools were open 24 hours.

1.No boats yet
2.There is the second route by the Carriage house, it is open feel free to use it
3.Yes there is a bus to and from DS
4.The feature pools were 10am-11pm, the quiet pools were open 24 hours.

Thanks, that is very helpful!

Does anyone have an activity calendar for this month? Week? Just wondered what activities they still had going on.

Hi SSR Lovers! We are coming down for our first stay at the end of June for three nights. We aren’t going to any parks this trip - we plan on a bunch of pool and Disney Springs time.

Usually we stay longer than three nights so we order water and beer from Garden Grocer, but for this short trip we are thinking we can just grab those things from the store onsite instead of paying delivery fees. Can anyone tell me if 12 or 24 packs of water and 6 packs of beer are available at the store? Thanks!

The wife and I just got back from our first stay at SSR, and first trip as new DVC owners! 5 day trip with only 1 park day and the rest relaxing by the pool and lots of trips to Disney Springs. Loved the room, the location was great as we were in The Springs and super close walk in the morning for coffee and then the pool, and the walk to Disney Springs was great we thought.

We didn't explore the resort as much as I thought we would so one question I have is there anywhere on property to get an iced coffee? We got coffee each morning at Artist's Palette but they only had hot coffee/hot specialty but we really would have loved an iced in that hot Florida weather. We did go to Gideon's one morning for cookies and got their iced peanut butter coffee which was amazing, but didn't want to walk to DS each morning just for coffee, also wasn't sure what would be open there at the early hours we wake up. We have another trip coming up in September, 8 days with 5 park trips this time so would want coffee pretty early those mornings. Maybe we didn't look hard enough, or maybe they don't have it with DS so close by, but any info would be great as we'll have many more trips in our future! Thanks

We have another trip coming up in September, 8 days with 5 park trips this time so would want coffee pretty early those mornings.
Would you consider making your own coffee in the room on those early mornings? As you know, you’ll have a nice drip coffeepot and access to ice, either in your room or down the hall. Or is it the various flavorings you need as well?

Hi SSR Lovers! We are coming down for our first stay at the end of June for three nights. We aren’t going to any parks this trip - we plan on a bunch of pool and Disney Springs time.

Usually we stay longer than three nights so we order water and beer from Garden Grocer, but for this short trip we are thinking we can just grab those things from the store onsite instead of paying delivery fees. Can anyone tell me if 12 or 24 packs of water and 6 packs of beer are available at the store? Thanks!
I would like to know that also…. We used to be able to get a 12 pack from other resort stores that we stayed at in the past. But, with so much changing in the last year - maybe packs of bottled water aren’t available now.

Would you consider making your own coffee in the room on those early mornings? As you know, you’ll have a nice drip coffeepot and access to ice, either in your room or down the hall. Or is it the various flavorings you need as well?
Not opposed to the idea, didn't mind too much this time as it was only a couple of mornings and we ordered the latte's from Artist's Palette and they weren't as hot so with such a quick walk it was fine. However in Sept. we didnt shell out for a Preferred room so I'm assuming we won't be as close and since we love to rope drop at parks time is precious in the morning so making coffee in the room is probably a smart idea. But I will admit which might be a little embarrassing... I don't think I've ever made coffee in a drop coffee pot before!! I've always had a Keurig. I think I saw the packets in the room had a French Vanilla coffee so that would be fine, it's really just the cold coffee that is refreshing while down there in the heat (we're coming from CT).

I would like to know that also…. We used to be able to get a 12 pack from other resort stores that we stayed at in the past. But, with so much changing in the last year - maybe packs of bottled water aren’t available now.
We got a six pack of beer at beach club in April but there aren’t any cases of water there or Poly. We had those delivered by garden grocer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!