SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I keep looking at maps and you tube videos and I cannot find one that actually will show me distance from springs to clubhouse or from grandstand to the clubhouse. If I stay at Grandstand it is standard so it is cheaper. However, I don't know if there is a refillable mug station at grandstand? Also, will it be an incredible walk to Disney Springs? Is it super close to the main pool? I have never stayed here before and am overwhelmed at the numerous maps and size of resort. I find no problem with walking but just want to know I am not super far away.

We just got back from our stay at SSR. We were in the Springs, in the building directly above the words "On The Rocks Pool Bar" in the map above. We walked from Disney Springs (the West Side, near Jaleo and City Works) twice on the green path above, and both times it took us about 15 minutes max, and we are not fast walkers. I would estimate the portion from the clubhouse to our room took 3-4 minutes.

Seems like current consensus is that the green path to DS from behind carriage house is closed. I wonder if we’ve had recent confirmation of that?

We were there this weekend and twice took the bus to Disney Springs and then walked back to SSR on the green path. When we exited, they did ask us where we were headed as we exited the security check point. There were signs stating that the West Side entrance only opened at 3:00pm. The first time we were walking back before 3:00pm and saw no one walking from SSR to Disney Springs. The second time was at 6:00pm and there were numerous people walking from SSR to the West Side.

Absolutely loving it here! SSR was an add-on bc we couldn’t extend our stay at BWV (which we also loved!) But SSR has blown us away! This is the first time DH and I have seriously considered DVC.

Great view! Are you staying at the Grandstand?

BTW, we had the same impression after staying at SSR for the first time 2 years ago. We loved it so much, we purchased 200 points at SSR direct last month; it's a very nice place to stay.

We have reservations in August for a 2 bedroom preferred view! Can't wait! Looking forward to walking to DS for some shopping and cocktails in the evening! I personally think it's a very under rated resort, we drive now to most parks (except MK- we stay at Bay Lake), can't wait to see the new rooms.

Agree completely! We stayed in a 1-bedroom at Congress Park last month, and it’s a great location to walk over to DS. If you do get Congress park, ask for the building nearest to DS, or if it doesn’t matter, ask for a room with a view of DS if that can be accommodated. Enjoy your trip!

Here now in a 1BR in Paddock. The renovations were thoughtfully designed, especially in terms of USB/electrical outlets - they’re everywhere! Also, DH always uses the sink in the shower room, and it’s great that he has a couple of shelves to store his stuff instead of kind of balancing it on the narrow shelf like BWV has. One issue - no pancake turner! Fortunately the little skillet is nonstick enough that my egg slid out easily. But don’t try to make single servings of 1 minute oatmeal in the microwave - the bowls are too small!

Here now in a 1BR in Paddock. The renovations were thoughtfully designed, especially in terms of USB/electrical outlets - they’re everywhere! Also, DH always uses the sink in the shower room, and it’s great that he has a couple of shelves to store his stuff instead of kind of balancing it on the narrow shelf like BWV has. One issue - no pancake turner! Fortunately the little skillet is nonstick enough that my egg slid out easily. But don’t try to make single servings of 1 minute oatmeal in the microwave - the bowls are too small!
Ooh good to know thanks was planning on making the microwave oatmeal and would have learned the hard way! Will have to get the dixie paper bowls

Ooh good to know thanks was planning on making the microwave oatmeal and would have learned the hard way! Will have to get the dixie paper bowls
FYI - We use the oats from the big canister, not the individual packets. The packets might work in the bowls. Also, there are some larger glass and ceramic containers that might work for microwaving multiple servings at once. But to be sure, bring the large paper bowls!

FYI - We use the oats from the big canister, not the individual packets. The packets might work in the bowls. Also, there are some larger glass and ceramic containers that might work for microwaving multiple servings at once. But to be sure, bring the large paper bowls!
No the packets don't work in the bowls. I had to use highball glasses in April so they wouldn't overflow. But you have to be careful with those too as I broke one with the microwave. 🤫

lol so ok will def just use the paper ones now! :D Hoping the flip spatulas are usually in there somewhere for pancakes/eggs as that is not something want to have to pack

In a YT video I saw somewhere, a cast member said that they are going to completely renovate the lobby building, after the summer, when all the room refurbs are done.

Does anyone know more about this?

We have a 2BR and Studio Std view booked for Jan 2022. When people have booked two rooms here (or any DVC i guess) what is the best way to request the two rooms be in the same vicinity/building? I know nothing is guaranteed but would love some data points from people who have been successful if asking in advance or when you arrive helped.

Also, when are the room refurbishments expected to be 100% complete? Thanks much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter