Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

The website specified EPCOT for the 10 miler.

I am not a huge Pixar fan, and my favs aren’t included (except Nemo as the challenge). I like Wall-E, Up, and Turning Red. I do think the artwork is super cute but am glad I’m not like OMG over the themes because I really can’t swing another trip after MW and Princess haha. Happy for everyone who is going though!!!
I'll go if my daughter wants to run. We're signed up for the half in January and the Princess half in February. However, these themes don't really get me excited either. I was really hoping for a return of Star Wars since I didn't get to experience those races.

ETA: Is my morning math bad or is POT for the 10 miler even faster than it's been for the half marathons lately - 1:30.

The 90 min 10 miler POT cutoff is the same as Springtime 2022. However, the recent W&D 2022, MW 2023, and Princess 2023 shifted their POTs to be more lenient compared to their counterparts from the year prior. It does not appear Springtime saw that same increase. The current M/Goofy/Dopey event 10 mile POT cutoff is about 1:35, and the current HM event 10 mile POT is about 1:42. So yes, this 90 min cutoff appears to be the fastest of the late 2022-2023 POT cutoffs because it appears they didn't shift it like the others. I would have expected something more like 1:40 instead.

Was going to do the race regardless. I love the themes, but I'm sad that none are a night race.

I’m okay with the repeat of race distances. I would actually prefer the 10-miler be a half, but I think a 10 miler is a good option to step up to a half and a distance that you don’t find as often. I find it hard to travel for a race less than a half, but for Disney, I make exceptions.

I know people love night races, but for me, I prefer them in the morning! I don’t know how to eat, and I generally go to bed early, and then I’m just cranky by the race start time. 😆

I really like the ten mile as a distance for a race. I can't attend this weekend, but I like Pixar a little sad but I would have been devastated if was disney afternoon, duck tales etc theme I saw people suggest.

I wish they had the race courses posted. I see they all start at Epcot so some variation of running around there & the parking lot area I suppose. Nothing super "surprising" it seems.

Disney isn't getting my money this time as much as I wanted to. I'll watch for next year. Still kicking myself I missed the night 5K at AK last year.

Wishing everyone the best of luck on registration day!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I am not a huge Pixar fan, and my favs aren’t included (except Nemo as the challenge). I like Wall-E, Up, and Turning Red. I do think the artwork is super cute but am glad I’m not like OMG over the themes because I really can’t swing another trip after MW and Princess haha. Happy for everyone who is going though!!!
Similar thoughts here: I like Pixar, but the only one of these themes I really love is Nemo so I'm fine skipping it. But good luck to everyone hoping to register!

I kind of was hoping for newer Pixar IP if they did Pixar (mainly because a Guinevere medal would be AMAZING!) but really like this….

May attempt the challenge since I can’t tire my legs in parks due to my AP being blocked out and I just got a credit increase on one of my cc’s (I can maybe sway my sister into a monsters inc theme for 10k my friend into a cars themed 5k not so much lol)

I’m excited. Toy Story is an oldie but a goodie and I have always loved Nemo! I will try to register for the challenge; still have plans to reach perfect status in a few years! I have heard it starts at 5 years.

Already been said, but I agree, it is surprising to see the 10 miler POT at 90 minutes! Maybe that’s just a carry over from last year? Just weird that it is so different than the other race weekends. Good luck to all who are registering!

Have to say the thought of theming a long distance race around Toy Story crossed my mind, since I didn’t think there were too many options in HS to work with, but I def thought they would go with something around GE.

Anyway, it’s definitely confirmed that all races start at Epcot? If that’s the case, it seems like we have a very good guess as to what the 5k and 10 miler will look like, and there are a few options for the 10k, all of which start and end there. A bit disappointed that they’re going with the usual 5k, would love them to do something around AK again or MK, but logistically I get why they’d want to have everything start at Epcot.

Don't want to poop anybody's party, but, it's an easy decision for me to sit this one out with a Pixar theme. It's barely a theme: we get Pixar characters all over the races all the time! When is the last time you ran a race weekend where you didn't get some combo of the Toy Story gang, along with Joy & Sadness, on the course? I don't really think of Pixar as having the same cohesiveness of identity as it used to, the animation style has been picked up by so many other studios. I have to ask myself whether something is a Disney or Pixar movie half the time these days. Odds are high I'll get FOMO when they release the medals but right now I'm fine with missing it. Good luck with registration everybody! Hope you all get what you want.

Slightly bummed that they are repeat themes but I guess that means I just re-wear my Monsters Inc and Jessie costumes from the 2017 Pixar runs in the Land. At least I'll save a little bit of money.

Well there goes my money. Cars is probably one of my sons favourite movies. The other movies all have a strong pull for me too.

Guess I should see if I have enough DVC points (I don’t) and see what availability is like for the weekend…

Well there goes my money. Cars is probably one of my sons favourite movies. The other movies all have a strong pull for me too.

Guess I should see if I have enough DVC points (I don’t) and see what availability is like for the weekend…
This would have been me 9-10 years ago. My son's entire world centered around Cars. Have a great time!

Don't want to poop anybody's party, but, it's an easy decision for me to sit this one out with a Pixar theme. It's barely a theme: we get Pixar characters all over the races all the time! When is the last time you ran a race weekend where you didn't get some combo of the Toy Story gang, along with Joy & Sadness, on the course? I don't really think of Pixar as having the same cohesiveness of identity as it used to, the animation style has been picked up by so many other studios. I have to ask myself whether something is a Disney or Pixar movie half the time these days. Odds are high I'll get FOMO when they release the medals but right now I'm fine with missing it. Good luck with registration everybody! Hope you all get what you want.
There is a part of me that is glad that it's not Marvel or Star Wars themed races. At the same time, I was hoping to have a Guardians of the Galaxy themed race running past Cosmic Rewind with a Milano or Baby Groot medal.

Ugh, we’re in no matter what as we needed to use those DVC points, but I hate most of Pixar. Still pretty bitter they ruined Paradise Pier at DCA by making it Pixar Pier. 🤢 The DLR runDisney Pixar half marathon weekend was plenty for me. Oh well, at least the challenge is bundled again, and I also prefer morning races and the 10 miler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter