Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Think they’ll push back registration?
I don’t know. Last year they hadn’t announced the registration date, except for a Club runDisney email (I think??). So when that date was missed, I could understand it, kind of…
The registration date for this next one has been announced since they released this season’s races. I think it would be really strange if they did push it back, but who knows.

Think they’ll push back registration?
It will be interesting if they did though hopefully if they do ample time will be given for people who took off to register (like me) to take off on the new date …

If a potential rescheduled date ends up post D23 it’s so going to be Duffy themed

That said I would hope themes/a reschedule announcement will be made today or tomorrow (I work today so chances are something will drop between 9-noon or 1-4 EDT)

I don't think they'll move registration. There's enough people who want to sign up for rD races that it'll sell out (probably on day 1) so there's not much incentive to push it back. Club rD people have an entire week to sign up, it's not like this is really going to affect them.

I'm realizing that I'm going to be along, at Great Wolf Lodge, with 4 kids during registration. And my husband will just be landing for a work trip. My hopes of getting six people registered for different races are dwindling. I haven't been to Great Wolf since 2018 - I hope their wifi is good so I can hook up all the kids' iPads!

YAYYYY the 5k is for ages 5+! And I'm thrilled its a ten miler again!
ETA: Is my morning math bad or is POT for the 10 miler even faster than it's been for the half marathons lately - 1:30.

Being Pixar means all the courses would be Hollywood studios? Or thr 10miler would go to MK?

Quite the surprise. One alternate weekend last year and we're already back to the normal race weekend template, just substituting a 10 miler for the half marathon. It's like they're already out of ideas.

Eh, I'm good with the standard distances and just rotating the themes. While I liked having the 10 miler last time, that's only because I loved the old ToT 10 Miler. I don't really want them doing wacky stuff with this weekend like trying to do a relay race or a 1 miler or anything.

Or thr 10miler would go to MK?
The website specified EPCOT for the 10 miler.

I am not a huge Pixar fan, and my favs aren’t included (except Nemo as the challenge). I like Wall-E, Up, and Turning Red. I do think the artwork is super cute but am glad I’m not like OMG over the themes because I really can’t swing another trip after MW and Princess haha. Happy for everyone who is going though!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter