"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Sorry I missed yesterday! We had our first virtual faculty meeting to learn about how we were going to start working from home to start optional online teaching next week. So after the meeting ended, I was in full work mode trying to create a plan and reach out to my co-workers to determine their roles in my classes daily activities, etc. and we still have to complete report card for the second trimester. All this even though we aren’t allowed back into the building. Luckily I was planning on doing report cards anyway, so I brought home everything I would need for those. But some of colleagues did not😔. And I wish I would have thought to bring home some other things like our calendar to use for daily routine, and my small group instruction manual. And I would have sent more things homes with the kids had I had more time to think about it. But luckily we do have good technology in place. Each of my students was sent home with a school iPad and other grades were sent home with Chromebooks. Unfortunately, I know some of my parents are still working and teaching their kindergarten in addition to working is overwhelming. So I’m trying to find the simplest way for them to have access to activities that will continue their learning while causing the least amount of stress on their parents.

I’m so bummed I missed yesterday’s activity. I love those types of activities. So we’re going to do it as a family.

As for today’s question, I’m not really sure since technically I don’t start working from home until next week. I’m trying to make a schedule for myself to restrict myself from working constantly. But I have the same problem as @Summer2018 with coworkers texting me at all hours of the day. But I’m going to try to do a few hours in the morning. Then save afternoons and early evenings for family time and home projects. Then do a few more hours before bed (when my coworkers with little ones at home tend to work).

I'm still working at the office - we are in a shelter in place state, but my company is considered an essential business. I'm the controller at an Agricultural company. We provide all the services and products farmers need to grow their crops. We have taken preventive measures to try to keep everyone as safe as possible and so far everything has worked out fine, but it is a bit nerve wracking because everyone is just kind of waiting for the shoe to drop so to speak. There aren't any cases in the three county area that we serve, so that's good news.

Because of this though, my week hasn't really seemed to change much. Now that DS is done with school sports, we pretty well came home after work the same way we're doing now. The weekends are different though because we usually went out on Friday and Saturday nights to dinner and a movie. I also worry about my mom as she lives alone and is a pretty social person. I try to call her a couple of times each day and she seems pretty upbeat, but I worry as this goes on, she's going to get stir crazy!

If you're working from home now, are you/how are you separating your weekdays and weekends?

We have kept the same schedules as we did while I was working in the office. DH starts work (has been work from home for years) at about 6, I start at about 7:30. Kids right now get up around 8 or so. We have not forced a wake up time for them yet. We will see when school starts next week how this will work out. Jeff is done working at about 3 and I finish at 4. We both shut our computers off until we start the next day. We don't get on them on the weekend. Really here everything here feels very normal other then i don't have to drive to work. Which means I get to make dinner. Jeff loves this as he is not having to make dinner throughout the week.

DH just got home from going and getting last minute supplies so we can settle in for our 2 week stay at home orders. Basically if people were following the social distance guidelines set forth things are not changing much. Essential businesses are still going to be open they just have to provide seperate hours for vulnerable populations, provide sanitizer for customers, and a way to maintain 6 ft distance between everyone customers and employees. We will still be able to go do outdoor recreation

Taken right from the information given out when this was announce yesterday afternoon/evening that this will be starting at 12:01 local time on Saturday

For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided that individuals comply with social distancing, as defined below, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, including public lands in Montana provided they remain open to recreation. Montanans are discouraged from outdoor recreation activities that pose enhanced risks of injury or could otherwise stress the ability of local first responders to address the COVID-19 emergency (e.g., backcountry skiing in a manner inconsistent with avalanche recommendations or in closed terrain).

Not allowed all the parents that are letting their kids (grade schoolers) go to the park and just play. I am hearing that there is one popular local park that had over 40 kids on the playground equipment. Mine have not been a part of that as they are restricted to our yard for 12 year old and the overall property plus we are letting her go walk on the street in the subdivision next to our place but no going over to the one neighbors and she has to let me or her dad know she is going and we are going to require her to take her phone even though I can see her from the driveway with a pair of binoculars the entire time (the furthest end is close to a quarter mile from our house).

After a dinner tonight that sucked. DH was able to find lasagna noodles and pick up some cottage cheese and a couple blocks of cheese so I told 15 year old that she could make lasagna having told had a talk with her yesterday about would a white crockpot lasagna be ok using macaroni noodles if DH could not find lasagna noodles. She said it was. I was woken up from my nap to identify which was the orgeano because she admitted she had mixed up the lids years ago, when I got up first of all I thought she had made an actual pan of a white lasagna especially knowing that I am allergic to tomatoes so I walked in the kitchen to see how much time was left on the timer.
No she had made an entire 6 quart crockpot full of crockpot lasagna with marinara sauce. Instead of the nice homemade white sauce lasagna I was looking forward to having I got a lousy can of clam chowder heated up and not even my prefred brand but a store brand that had no flavor. Luckily 12 year old was nice enough to bring me the salt and pepper. When I confronted 15 year old about it she was all I have been craving Olive Garden for the past 2 weeks and then she proceeded to tell me how I only think of myself when I ask her to make one of the boxed soups that make her sick. I don't make her eat the soups and I tell her that she and 12 year old can have something else.
I have just decided that her I am going to run things is ending now and she is in for a very rude awakening. From now on I will be telling her what she is studying each year she will be allowed to pick her electives but that is it she will basically have the same rights on which classes she can pick if she was going to a public or private school. She thinks that this is her last year in 4-H well I have something to say about that and the answer is NO IT'S NOT. You will attend the club meetings, you will take and finish one project if you don't want to do anything else including showing in fair or participating in any county or state activities that is fine but you are not dropping out plain and simple. Also as soon as this is lifted you will be going back to youth group again I don't care if you participate in any of the retreats or camps but you will attend on Wednesday night. Finally she is getting told that going to church is not an option once services can start back up at the building instead of being streamed online. If I am going to be accused of being a horrible mother and a lousy human being who is wasting air then by damn I am going to live up to it.
I hate that I couldn't go and spend some of the last 70 dollars we have to last till next Friday (everything is paid as far as bills are concerned and DH has a full tank of gas in his car so shouldn't need to get gas to run to work 13 mile (including our drivway and the parking lot at his work round trip 4 times next week) because my car is down and DH is all we have food here at home so won't go and get me anything.

Had anxiety when signing off from work yesterday, because being "off" over the weekend is a precursor to what being "off" for six weeks is going to be like. Then in the evening I watched Bridget Jones Diary, thinking it would be good escapism, but about 2/3 of the way thru had that wave of dread come on again. I've been using some positive affirmation mantras to pull myself out when that happens, but also keeping in mind to feel the feelings.

This weekend I'm doing some sewing. First is a teddy bear to put in the front window for the teddy bear scavenger hunt. Several other houses in the neighborhood are doing it, it was fun for me to find them when out on my walk so it's got to be even funner for the kiddos. I'm also making up some toilet clothes: I've looked at different ways to do them and have come up with double layers of flannel, as wide as toilet paper and as long as around 2 squares. Mine will be single use between washings but my sister is working on a style more like hiking pee-rags, which are water proof on one side and intended to be used multiple times between washings. I've got plenty of tp on hand, but thought I would switch to the cloth version now so that it doesn't get used up. I'm also starting to sew face masks for a local senior facility who asked for help.

I think I'm going back to the grocery store tomorrow morning, or Monday. I need to re-think what I'm buying... I've been having a Lean Cuisine at least once a day and my body just doesn't like it, plus they are all full of carbs. So, I'm thinking meat and chicken to freeze and frozen veggies for stir fry would be better. The overall plan is to get back to Whole 30 eating, so I need to really plan that out.

For my focus on numbers, I've decided to try to get to 10,000 steps per day, which is going to mean probably three neighborhood walks per day. I have my FitBit on for the first time in three weeks today. I'm also planning on losing a significant amount of weight while out on furlough - 5 pounds a week will be 30 pounds and will put me in to Onderland, and will have me feeling a heck of a lot better over all. It's ambitious, but heck what else do I have to do other than take care of myself?

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hugs.

Had anxiety when signing off from work yesterday, because being "off" over the weekend is a precursor to what being "off" for six weeks is going to be like. Then in the evening I watched Bridget Jones Diary, thinking it would be good escapism, but about 2/3 of the way thru had that wave of dread come on again. I've been using some positive affirmation mantras to pull myself out when that happens, but also keeping in mind to feel the feelings.

This weekend I'm doing some sewing. First is a teddy bear to put in the front window for the teddy bear scavenger hunt. Several other houses in the neighborhood are doing it, it was fun for me to find them when out on my walk so it's got to be even funner for the kiddos. I'm also making up some toilet clothes: I've looked at different ways to do them and have come up with double layers of flannel, as wide as toilet paper and as long as around 2 squares. Mine will be single use between washings but my sister is working on a style more like hiking pee-rags, which are water proof on one side and intended to be used multiple times between washings. I've got plenty of tp on hand, but thought I would switch to the cloth version now so that it doesn't get used up. I'm also starting to sew face masks for a local senior facility who asked for help.

I think I'm going back to the grocery store tomorrow morning, or Monday. I need to re-think what I'm buying... I've been having a Lean Cuisine at least once a day and my body just doesn't like it, plus they are all full of carbs. So, I'm thinking meat and chicken to freeze and frozen veggies for stir fry would be better. The overall plan is to get back to Whole 30 eating, so I need to really plan that out.

For my focus on numbers, I've decided to try to get to 10,000 steps per day, which is going to mean probably three neighborhood walks per day. I have my FitBit on for the first time in three weeks today. I'm also planning on losing a significant amount of weight while out on furlough - 5 pounds a week will be 30 pounds and will put me in to Onderland, and will have me feeling a heck of a lot better over all. It's ambitious, but heck what else do I have to do other than take care of myself?

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hugs.
I used to bring Lean Cuisine meals for lunch when I was working, but around 2:00 I would be so hungry! I was better off eating a half a turkey sandwich and an apple. I will buy the Mac and cheese if I get a craving occasionally because of portion control.

it is raining like crazy today so I am doing laundry and reading a good book. I have an old movie recorded for later.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Living only an hour away from NYC, this virus weighs on me heavily. Having asthma, DD having asthma, and DH having high blood pressure weigh on me heavily. Finding out that DH would need to be quarantined for two weeks after our return because he is an essential employee weighs on me heavily. Knowing that we are scheduled to fly out of NY on June 24th weighs on me heavily.

I really didn't want to give in. I wanted to believe that the curve would be flattened by the end of May, and we would all suddenly reemerge into normal life as if this disaster never happened. I wanted to believe that we could go on our scheduled vacation and return to paradise without a care in the world. Yeah, right.

DH and I had a heart to heart. I haven't had the courage to discuss this with DD yet.

We can't go in June. There's just too much to lose. It isn't just a matter of becoming sick...being on a ventilator...this scourge causes permanent lung damage. My lungs are already compromised. Asthma attacks are scary. Not being able to breathe is terrifying. I can't put myself and DD in danger of getting worse.

So, we are looking to postpone to summer 2021. July 2021 would be optimal, but I don't know if American Airlines would let us postpone that far out. We can't go any earlier than April 2021. I hope the airlines will be reasonable. Either way, if we lose that money, whatever. Our lives are priceless.

Maybe now that I have made this decision, I will be less stressed out. I'm fine staying home.

Living only an hour away from NYC, this virus weighs on me heavily. Having asthma, DD having asthma, and DH having high blood pressure weigh on me heavily. Finding out that DH would need to be quarantined for two weeks after our return because he is an essential employee weighs on me heavily. Knowing that we are scheduled to fly out of NY on June 24th weighs on me heavily.

I really didn't want to give in. I wanted to believe that the curve would be flattened by the end of May, and we would all suddenly reemerge into normal life as if this disaster never happened. I wanted to believe that we could go on our scheduled vacation and return to paradise without a care in the world. Yeah, right.

DH and I had a heart to heart. I haven't had the courage to discuss this with DD yet.

We can't go in June. There's just too much to lose. It isn't just a matter of becoming sick...being on a ventilator...this scourge causes permanent lung damage. My lungs are already compromised. Asthma attacks are scary. Not being able to breathe is terrifying. I can't put myself and DD in danger of getting worse.

So, we are looking to postpone to summer 2021. July 2021 would be optimal, but I don't know if American Airlines would let us postpone that far out. We can't go any earlier than April 2021. I hope the airlines will be reasonable. Either way, if we lose that money, whatever. Our lives are priceless.

Maybe now that I have made this decision, I will be less stressed out. I'm fine staying home.

It sounds like the right decision. I went thru the same agonizing arc when I was trying to decide what to do, and also felt relief when I finally made the choice. Hugs to you and your family.

I was only able to get out for one walk yesterday, because a rain storm blew in in the afternoon. I did get my steps up to 5000, which is about 4500 more than I had been doing, so I'm pleased with that.

I signed up for Noon yesterday, it seems like the right thing to do giving me a program to follow,\. Plus dealing with the emotional side of eating issues seems really important right now. And an extra eternal connection is going to be helpful in the coming weeks as well.

I've been out for one walk already this morning, we're currently between rain fronts, so hopefully it'll stay dry thru the afternoon, so I can get out again. It's really helping to get the sitting kinks out, and I'm already feeling better for it.

Last edited:
It sounds like the right decision. I went thru the same agonizing arc when I was trying to decide what to do, and also felt relief when I finally made the choice. Hugs to you and your family.
:hug: I hope making the decision lightens the stress factor. I think you’re right, June seems too soon to see the end of all this.

:hug: I hope making the decision lightens the stress factor. I think you’re right, June seems too soon to see the end of all this.
It does help. It is actually a relief. My principal had a trip planned during April vacation, and she was waiting for Disney to cancel it for her. It was obvious that she wouldn't be going, but I was so determined to go, and June just seemed so far away.

Whenever we actually return to WDW, I want it to be under the best conditions possible.

I haven't seen anyone volunteer for the new week, but I don't mind continuing through to get our normal schedule back on track. - Since April starts mid-week, I posted it as the new thread. Please sign up for a week if can host!

April Thread

I didn't get our much this weekend. It rained and stormed. The amount of rain we got was just amazing. We went driving today with the kids to see the rivers and lakes. I have never seen them that high before. Yesterday I had a video call with my mom, played the wii with the kids and Jeff and made homemade pizza using homemade spaghetti sauce I made Friday. We are supposed to get more rain tonight with high winds and temps falling.

The rain has been a bummer but we did get our this afternoon to see the lights from the Unite the Night. We walked around to see the lights that people put out.
We ended up having a nice day yesterday, but last night a rain/wind storm blew in and it's still going this morning. Sunshine sure helps.

The rain has been a bummer but we did get our this afternoon to see the lights from the Unite the Night. We walked around to see the lights that people put out.
Not many people have put lights up here, at least that I know of. Last time I was out after dark was a week and a half ago when I went to the grocery store, and between here and there maybe five houses had lights, but no one within sight of the house has them. The Teddy Bear Hunt has been more popular... when I was sitting on the porch yesterday a family walking across the street saw mine in the front door wreath, which made me happy.

This one last night was a bit different then the Christmas lights. This was something new that was started in my area of Ohio and moved across the county and Canada. You put luminaries out in the drive way and side walks. It was pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!