Split Stay HELP!

LadiiAstroid

Earning My Ears
I know there are a ton of threads about split stays, but I still don't understand!

This is my first time planning a Disney trip and I think I have everything planned out, well almost everything. I already entered a photopass share and I booked one set of plane tickets. Now I have to decide where we are staying and how long.

I have 3 options available:
1. Book June 10-15 at CSR
2. Book June 10-16 at AS sports
3. Book split stay June 10-13 at AS sports then June 13-16 at CSR
(I'm trying to make this trip special because it is a graduation trip & this is the first time my boyfriend & I will be on a trip together. Oh, and I'm only 18. So I know either way this trip will be fun, but I want to make it extra special.)

Now to my question, if we do the 3rd option (the split stay) what do we do with our bags? Do we have to take our bags from AS to CSR?

Thanks a head of time!

I know there are a ton of threads about split stays, but I still don't understand!

This is my first time planning a Disney trip and I think I have everything planned out, well almost everything. I already entered a photopass share and I booked one set of plane tickets. Now I have to decide where we are staying and how long.

I have 3 options available:
1. Book June 10-15 at CSR
2. Book June 10-16 at AS sports
3. Book split stay June 10-13 at AS sports then June 13-16 at CSR
(I'm trying to make this trip special because it is a graduation trip & this is the first time my boyfriend & I will be on a trip together. Oh, and I'm only 18. So I know either way this trip will be fun, but I want to make it extra special.)

Now to my question, if we do the 3rd option (the split stay) what do we do with our bags? Do we have to take our bags from AS to CSR?

Thanks a head of time!

Nope! Just take them to Bell Services when you check out of AS & they will get them over to CSR for you. Easy peasy.

What would the advantage of the split stay be?
You want to experience CSR and it's one night longer?
Personally I would pick the stay at ASSp to not have to pack up mid trip, but it's not that big of deal if you really want to stay at CSR.

Another advantage to a split stay is if you like to use the DP for just part of your stay. We've done slpit stays where we used DxDDP for part of the stay and regular DDP for the other part. That was fun. You have to be sure you use your allottments in the right time though.

Nope! Just take them to Bell Services when you check out of AS & they will get them over to CSR for you. Easy peasy.

After they take the bags to CSR, would the bags be delivered straight to the room?

What would the advantage of the split stay be?
You want to experience CSR and it's one night longer?
Personally I would pick the stay at ASSp to not have to pack up mid trip, but it's not that big of deal if you really want to stay at CSR.

Yes, the advantage would be an extra day plus we get to experience the CSR. Plus, it's our graduation trip and I want to experience an value and moderate resort in one stay.

And it seems like AS is geared toward the kiddies. :confused3 So, I figured if we do a split stay, it would be cheaper (then whole trip at CSR) and we get to enjoy an extra day.

The bags will not be put in your room. You arrange delivery through bell services late afternoon.

It's customary to tip bell services on each end of this transfer.

I honestly wouldn't do a split stay at least not for your 1st trip. Choosing the moderate gives you better and more food options and just a little better atmosphere for adults, even as young adults. Then again if it's about adding an extra day...I would probably go for the value resort. Maybe you can then add 2 extra days? We did a split stay and personally I wouldn't do it again. We had 8 nights and did a 3/5 split. Just never felt settled in. I think for your 1st time, just pick 1 place and enjoy your experience w/o worrying about switching. Even though it actually doesn't, to me it felt like it took too much unnecessary time away to do the switching. I worried about it until the switch was made and then I had to try and settle in the new place...ugh, too much time taken away from our fun. Others will disagree, I just think your 1st time should be worry free. Did you look into all the values? They say AoA and PoP are really cool places too. www.allears.net gives you tons of pics and info all about WDW resorts. Even every restaurant and their menu's etc. Hope this helps. Enjoy your WDW vacation ! :goodvibes

I wouldn't do a split either. The value resorts are a lot of fun. There will be kids at the moderate resorts too. Maybe you would find ASMusic less kiddie. I like Pop the best. If you stay at Pop you can walk over to AoA and check out all the fun icons there.

We're against splits... See no advantage or savings plus the hassle of living out of a suitcase for the first half ...

We did one, once, total pain especially with the grocery items (beer and lunch meats ) all had to be packaged up ( in what ) cardboard was sweet wet, bags worse yet and big hassle with bell service to accept....

Then it was not delivered until after 3 pm... So we were resort homeless and grocery and beverageless for the day.... Not fun!

We like to set up the room, groceries away, beverages iced down and clothes put away and settle in for a week ( or longer) of fun... Not worrying about moving and repacking..... And we don't do laundry or live out of suitcases...

To each their own but we just want to relax, have fun and not worry about packing up until its time to go home..

Thanks for responses! After reading them and thinking about it some more. I decided not to do split stay. We'll probably just do the CSR and enjoy our time there. (Heard Pepper's Market is good and we like to eat!) But, maybe next time we'll try a value or a split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter