Special 'farewell' dinner with picky kids

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
We are traveling with four adults and three very picky kids. I wanted to play a nice 'farewell' dinner the last day in the parks, before we embark on our cruise, and our last park day will be in EPCOT. I thought a character meal could be fun, but I expect we'll meet a lot of characters on the ship, or certainly have the opportunity.

I looked at Garden Grill, but the menu is too limited, and Akershus feels the same, not to mention that I think only one person in our party has any interest in princesses. I also looked at Chef Mickey's, but every time I eat at a Disney buffet I end up catching something, so would kind of prefer to avoid buffets.

Any dinner suggestions that would be table service, with expansive menus, and fun for little kids? I'm not opposed to out of the box ideas like picnics, if there's somewhere grab and go that provides that.

Last edited:
A lot of restaurants that don’t have it on the menu can provide chicken fingers, fries, stuff like that. Got that at Ohana and it not listed on the menu. You just have to ask for it

A lot of restaurants that don’t have it on the menu can provide chicken fingers, fries, stuff like that. Got that at Ohana and it not listed on the menu. You just have to ask for it
I thought about this with Garden Grill, but someone in another thread said they didn't do it :/

I thought about this with Garden Grill, but someone in another thread said they didn't do it :/
I’m not sure if they do I haven’t eaten there for dinner. Was supposed to but ended up having to cancel. I know for certain Ohana does lol. I think storybook dining does too but I only heard about that can’t confirm. But they do have Mac n cheese they gave that to my baby

Everyone's definition of picky is different. Can you elaborate on yours?

Teppan Edo is usually recommended for picky eaters, although I ended up with a dud of a chef so I wasn't thrilled with it when we went.

Nine Dragons has a "honey chicken nuggets" on their kids menu.

Everyone's definition of picky is different. Can you elaborate on yours?

Teppan Edo is usually recommended for picky eaters, although I ended up with a dud of a chef so I wasn't thrilled with it when we went.

Nine Dragons has a "honey chicken nuggets" on their kids menu.
Our toddler is pretty typical - will eat pizza, nuggets, grilled chicken, spaghetti, PBJ, any form of fruit. Won't touch mac and cheese though.

But the other kids we're traveling with are a bit older and even more limited than that. They're kind of in the 'only one type of mac and cheese and sometimes maybe a PBJ' category. Pizza is hit or miss with them. I think they will do chicken nuggets from CFA, but they don't really eat much of anything to be honest.

Beaches and Cream? It’s not fancy, but would have more kid friendly offerings and ambience.
And it won't cost an arm & a leg. We've enjoyed the food there, and the ice cream treats are over the top. Good suggestion!

Whispering Canyon Cafe is my first thought. BBQ for the less picky eaters, basic kids meals or they can eat off the all you care to eat skillets. You could also do Teppan Edo if the kids will eat grilled chicken, rice, and noodles.

Flying Fish is higher end and has amazing food. For the kids they have grilled chicken, a small steak, or pasta in red sauce.

Beaches is a tough ADR to score, especially around prime dining times. So I'd have a backup just in case. T-Rex was a good choice when I had a "picky" eater, although he'd generally eat any type of mac-n-cheese (good thing because as a kid being raised vegetarian, there weren't a lot of "kid-friendly vegetarian" options. You could always look at the menus with the older "picky eaters" and have them help choose the restauant?

Beaches and Cream? It’s not fancy, but would have more kid friendly offerings and ambience.
Beaches & Cream is a great suggestion & just a short walk from the International Gateway. Via Napoli in Italy is a favorite Epcot Restaurant of my family. We always get the pizza but there are other options as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter