Something About Nothing............ #14

Our weather day is nearly identical to yours. Started a bit cool, and then a very nice warm up by afternoon.

Countdown is on one hand now!!! So close!

No eye roll, just a little chuckle! I think she knows she has a tres cool mom, lol!
Good luck on your outings!

I knew Klye had back surgery, but never knew that was the cause. Those darn things are dangerous!!

Glad you had a visitor! Always nice to have a chat with a friend when you're recovering at home!

OMG, Robo.....BRAVO!!!
Elegant, classic and simply beautiful!!! That is one gorgeous table and you obviously made your granddaughter very happy.
So nice she showed her appreciation to you with flowers!

What did chef Kyle and Tom whip up for you today?

A little medical humor!!!!
View attachment 575768

Well, I'm glad we saw the ortho...
DD has an avulsion fracture to her finger. That means a ligament in her finger essentially pulled off a piece of bone. So the injury includes both bone and ligament.
The doctor was very thorough with the exam, since the ligament needs to heal well for good function of her finger. It was quite painful for DD, since he needed her to move the finger, and resist movement when he pressed against it. Quite unpleasant!
He thinks the ligament is only partially torn, since she still has function. The finger is immobilized and she will need a recheck in a month.
Moral of the story...No more bull riding for anyone in this family!!!

Must be the season...heard several folks last few days injure themselves.

Yes, he landed on those huge air pillow things all around it and landed wrong.....you wouldn`t credit it. Yes, he`ll never go on that again. Ironic thing was a week later his cousin in Scotland fell backwards off a 10 foot wall onto his back.....not even a bruise......lol.....

Hope her finger isn`t too sore......sounds nasty for her today....bless her......

I had the rest of the lemon chicken Kyle made last night........I don`t usually have leftovers, but it was soooooooo good! Tom made them chicken and leek pie which I have to say looked good too!

And all from scratch.....Tom makes better pastry than I do!

We`ve gone to many cookery schools/weekends over the years and they`re great fun......once tv chef in Scotland called Nick Nairn told Tom he had real talent with pastry when we did a five day residential at his place once. He doesn`t make it very often but when he does......lush!

Yes, it`s lovely being able to see friends again without restrictions........

Still sitting with foot up........going to try loose shoes on next few days.......want to be outside......

Paris, glad to hear DD will be okay, with time to heal. Sending mummy dust well wishes to her. Yeah, little one broke bone in her thumb and had a crack in her hand’s growth plate when fell oddly on soccer field. Luckily, fully healed after two rounds of casts. Had did it at a night game in her junior year of HS. Unlucky kids.

An ooh what for dinner. Little one made chicken and mac and cheese for lunch. There was some steak left over, so maybe will do a stir fry with it.

Must be the season...heard several folks last few days injure themselves.

Yes, he landed on those huge air pillow things all around it and landed wrong.....you wouldn`t credit it. Yes, he`ll never go on that again. Ironic thing was a week later his cousin in Scotland fell backwards off a 10 foot wall onto his back.....not even a bruise......lol.....

Hope her finger isn`t too sore......sounds nasty for her today....bless her......

I had the rest of the lemon chicken Kyle made last night........I don`t usually have leftovers, but it was soooooooo good! Tom made them chicken and leek pie which I have to say looked good too!

And all from scratch.....Tom makes better pastry than I do!

We`ve gone to many cookery schools/weekends over the years and they`re great fun......once tv chef in Scotland called Nick Nairn told Tom he had real talent with pastry when we did a five day residential at his place once. He doesn`t make it very often but when he does......lush!

Yes, it`s lovely being able to see friends again without restrictions........

Still sitting with foot up........going to try loose shoes on next few days.......want to be outside......
A chicken and leek pie...that sounds quite delish!!
Glad you are still being pampered! Its easy to get used to when done so well....Maybe the foot will "hurt" for a few 'extra' days, lol!!

Yes, DD was hurting but mom came up with the perfect distraction....we went directly over to Dunkin Donuts after the appointment. An iced coffee and some treats helped a whole bunch!

Paris, glad to hear DD will be okay, with time to heal. Sending mummy dust well wishes to her. Yeah, little one broke bone in her thumb and had a crack in her hand’s growth plate when fell oddly on soccer field. Luckily, fully healed after two rounds of casts. Had did it at a night game in her junior year of HS. Unlucky kids.

An ooh what for dinner. Little one made chicken and mac and cheese for lunch. There was some steak left over, so maybe will do a stir fry with it.
Thank you for the mummy dust!!! I double checked with the doctor...and we are cleared to ride the Mummy and everything else at Universal in 14 days! Whew!!

Your DD's thumb injury sounded pretty bad too. Gotta be careful with those growth plates. glad it healed up well!

A chicken and leek pie...that sounds quite delish!!
Glad you are still being pampered! Its easy to get used to when done so well....Maybe the foot will "hurt" for a few 'extra' days, lol!!

Yes, DD was hurting but mom came up with the perfect distraction....we went directly over to Dunkin Donuts after the appointment. An iced coffee and some treats helped a whole bunch!

It is delicious.......more a winter dish, but always goes down well whatever the season.

I should really enjoy the pampering more, but more keen to get back to normal now.......a couple of days doing nothing is more than enough!

Glad she`ll be able to ride everything with no issues though, you have such a lovely trip planned Lori.......

:wave2: Finally making a stop in!!!

I had been hoping to make a stop in all weekend, and well...I just busy doing this and that and never got to stop in lol. Had a somewhat busy weekend...or more like just kept myself busy. Not much else we can do yet here.

Worked a short shift on Saturday, then came home to do a little housecleaning, cook some supper, and watch a movie. Sunday was out shopping for groceries, did a little baking, and whipped up some supper of roast chicken in the airfryer. Then I took the carcass, tossed in more onion, celery, carrots and some other odds and ends, and tossed that into the instant pot and made some stock. Ended up with about large canning jars of broth. That should keep me going for a little while again!

Other than that...not much else happening here. DH and the boys took the boat out on it's maiden journey for the summer. So now, it is ready for them to take Mom fishing!!!! lol.

Heard lots in our news outlets about the CDC and the UK easing restrictions....that must feel soooooo amazing!!!!! Hopefully soon, we will start to see some happen here too. Vaccinations are happening fast and furious (finally) and hopefully our 2nd shots can start to happen soon enough as well.

Well, I should run. It's almost home time. It's just me and the boys tonight. DH is out of town for work until late tomorrow night. Bbq chicken sandwiches with salad is on the menu tonight. Quick, easy and filling.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!!!!

Good to hear from ya Pumpkin. Yes, in some ways it is good to be where less restrictions. Funny, little one said, will be weird when we finally decide to eat inside with others also seated around us.

Ah, warm evening, so time for tea. And enjoy a piece of chocolate I picked up the other day. And aww, hear that dove cooing quite a bit now.

I had been hoping to make a stop in all weekend, and well...I just busy doing this and that and never got to stop in lol. Had a somewhat busy weekend...or more like just kept myself busy. Not much else we can do yet here.

Worked a short shift on Saturday, then came home to do a little housecleaning, cook some supper, and watch a movie. Sunday was out shopping for groceries, did a little baking, and whipped up some supper of roast chicken in the airfryer. Then I took the carcass, tossed in more onion, celery, carrots and some other odds and ends, and tossed that into the instant pot and made some stock. Ended up with about large canning jars of broth. That should keep me going for a little while again!

Other than that...not much else happening here. DH and the boys took the boat out on it's maiden journey for the summer. So now, it is ready for them to take Mom fishing!!!! lol.

Heard lots in our news outlets about the CDC and the UK easing restrictions....that must feel soooooo amazing!!!!! Hopefully soon, we will start to see some happen here too. Vaccinations are happening fast and furious (finally) and hopefully our 2nd shots can start to happen soon enough as well.

Well, I should run. It's almost home time. It's just me and the boys tonight. DH is out of town for work until late tomorrow night. Bbq chicken sandwiches with salad is on the menu tonight. Quick, easy and filling.

Always good to see you post Pumpkin!

Yes, we have less restrictions now than last week.....indoor dining and being able to have a drink inside along with "careful" hugging is back.......lol......I`m so looking forward to be able to get back inside a restaurant again as soon as I get shoes on......but I agree, hopefully you`ll see some changes for the better soon too. Good news on your vaccinations that they`re on the up, that is wonderful to hear.

Love bbq chicken sandwiches.......and yes, home made chicken stock is hard to beat for flavour!!

Hope you`re having good week.

You must have a lot of willpower !
Chocolate in our house disappears about 30 minutes from the time I get it home.

Since Kyle gave up eating chocolate at the beginning of the year, it will sit forever in our home now.......I`m not a chocolate fan at all and Tom`s not fussed either, except at Christmas when we have an endless stream of those large tins that disappear very quickly!

Savoury for me everytime.......except for the occasional square of very sweet white chocolate.......mmmm.

Slept like a baby last night again. Tom said he didn`t as he`s so aware of not wanting to being anywhere near my foot......lol....bless him. But, so far so good.

Plan to try walking a little today, just a little as I can`t get a shoe on yet, but my goodness I don`t like just sitting doing nothing. I find I`m ordering much more online at times like that than before.....or so it seems.

I did do both our ESTA`s yesterday, without that we can`t fly into the US and it was accepted within a few minutes. They last 2 years and ours ran out earlier this year so it was time to get new ones.

As we got our fresh eggs dropped off, poached egg for breakfast today, and turkey sandwiches for lunch. Might make a contribution to dinner, but can`t complain about the offerings so far....

I have a few birthdays this coming two weeks, so already have the cards in and will get them posted off in time and only need a few gifts that I`ve been able so far to get online. Tom can be postie for the local ones, other ones will have to be sent.

Tuesday again.........more than halfway through May now too.

cv97-Th.jpg

cv18-S.jpg

cv81-S.jpg

cv103-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday....... :flower1:

Ah yes,
82CEB9E9-F51A-4F63-AAF7-29AE179E9914.jpeg

And it’s a Tuesday for sure. The day of the week Mac generally enjoys her Taco Bell dinner. Have those tacos today, homies.

I don’t eat chocolate that much, but felt like picking up a small pack of little bars. As DH said last night, is that chocolate? Why yes it is. And now it will go fast as he now knows. I do like white chocolate, but there are only both milk and dark in what I bought. I like it with a cup of tea after dinner, as it is a nice sweet chocolate treat once in a while.

And so, that Summer weather is creeping closer. While it’s 50 degrees out now, 81 is the high, so I am glad to have the AC on, in house and car. And, a woot! As weather guy this morning said we will have a full day of sun, no pesky clouds to see. Golden Eastern horizon not quite an hour ago. Ahh, sunny day with a warm afternoon, yay!

And my neighbor must have been up early too, as the lone chicken was quite loudly clucking a bit ago. They do let it in the house now. Guess it was happy to be outside it’s coop.

Time for tea, and a yay, as yesterday, little one was out mailing bills for me, and stopped by the bakery. We now have fresh baked bakery croissants. Breakfast today is one of those with a little butter on it. Perfect with tea.

A terrific Taco Tuesday homies. Enjoy the day, and hopefully the wall to wall sunny day like me.

Good morning everyone.

I realized this morning that I had not pot a hold on our mail delivery for our vacation time. That has been taken care of now.

DD has an avulsion fracture to her finger. That means a ligament in her finger essentially pulled off a piece of bone. So the injury includes both bone and ligament.
The doctor was very thorough with the exam, since the ligament needs to heal well for good function of her finger. It was quite painful for DD, since he needed her to move the finger, and resist movement when he pressed against it. Quite unpleasant!
He thinks the ligament is only partially torn, since she still has function. The finger is immobilized and she will need a recheck in a month.
Moral of the story...No more bull riding for anyone in this family!!!
Hoping for quick healing for her.

Thank you for the mummy dust!!! I double checked with the doctor...and we are cleared to ride the Mummy and everything else at Universal in 14 days! Whew!!
Great news. Would you believe that I have never ridden the Mummy ride?

Hoping your restrictions relax soon so you can travel.

You must have a lot of willpower !
Chocolate in our house disappears about 30 minutes from the time I get it home.
Same here.

Slept like a baby last night again.
I envy you. I had weird dreams again.

I fell like I am missing some quotes, but don't have time to go back and look. Gotta get to work.

Days left:

Making a quick morning stop in :wave2: I am for a quiet day today. I need to spread this work out as far as I can.

We sold our camper last night. Someone came by to take a look at it. They went home to discuss it. So I went out for my walk. While I'm just hitting my high gear, dh calls and says the couple is coming by the house to drop off a deposit on it. So I step up my walking, and they are already at the house, waiting for me to get home. They were super excited and had to take another look inside, take some video to show their kids.

It makes me a little sad to sell it. We don't use it, as now that we have the boat, we want to go fishing, and we can't pull both the camper and boat. We did so much camping and lake life. Our kids were raised outside in the summer doing all that fun summer stuff....camping, fishing, quading. OH well, it is going to a young family who will love it as much we did. It will fulfill it's camper destiny to be used and loved!!!!

I'm a little jealous. DH is in Edmonton for meetings (which conveniently the times changed) and now he's getting see the grandbaby this morning. I shed a few tears at my desk when he sent me a picture already this morning. I am needing to see them again. Only 3 weeks they come to visit for our youngest ds's grad.

I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery. I'm sure that is quite painful.
Funny, little one said, will be weird when we finally decide to eat inside with others also seated around us.
Yup, I already cringe when people get too close into my bubble. I am ready to head into a restaurant for a meal again. Ordering a meal is NOT the same, and we will only order in pizza or burgers...if that. Now that summer is coming, I can't wait to hit the patios and dine outside.
Chocolate in our house disappears about 30 minutes from the time I get it home
Yes.. DH has a huge sweet tooth, so sweets don't last long in our house. I can pass on it. But if it is a crunchy, salty snack, I will sniff that snack out at 500 feet and dive in :rotfl:
Plan to try walking a little today, just a little as I can`t get a shoe on yet, but my goodness I don`t like just sitting doing nothing. I find I`m ordering much more online at times like that than before.....or so it seems.
I hope your recovery keep going smoothly. You will be up and around again in now time.

Well, I should probably shuffle a few papers around and at least try to look busy :laughing: Maybe I'll stop in a little later.

Homemade broth is simply the best!!
Yum bbq chicken sandwiches!

Always good to see you post Pumpkin!

Yes, we have less restrictions now than last week.....indoor dining and being able to have a drink inside along with "careful" hugging is back.......lol......I`m so looking forward to be able to get back inside a restaurant again as soon as I get shoes on......but I agree, hopefully you`ll see some changes for the better soon too. Good news on your vaccinations that they`re on the up, that is wonderful to hear.

Love bbq chicken sandwiches.......and yes, home made chicken stock is hard to beat for flavour!!

Hope you`re having good week.

Since Kyle gave up eating chocolate at the beginning of the year, it will sit forever in our home now.......I`m not a chocolate fan at all and Tom`s not fussed either, except at Christmas when we have an endless stream of those large tins that disappear very quickly!

Savoury for me everytime.......except for the occasional square of very sweet white chocolate.......mmmm.

Slept like a baby last night again. Tom said he didn`t as he`s so aware of not wanting to being anywhere near my foot......lol....bless him. But, so far so good.

I did do both our ESTA`s yesterday, without that we can`t fly into the US and it was accepted within a few minutes. They last 2 years and ours ran out earlier this year so it was time to get new ones.

As we got our fresh eggs dropped off, poached egg for breakfast today, and turkey sandwiches for lunch. Might make a contribution to dinner, but can`t complain about the offerings so far....

I have a few birthdays this coming two weeks, so already have the cards in and will get them posted off in time and only need a few gifts that I`ve been able so far to get online. Tom can be postie for the local ones, other ones will have to be sent.

Tuesday again.........more than halfway through May now too.

cv97-Th.jpg

cv18-S.jpg

cv81-S.jpg

cv103-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday....... :flower1:
95% of the time it's savory/salty over sweet for me too.

Glad your restrictions are continuing to ease!

Ah yes,
View attachment 575853

And it’s a Tuesday for sure. The day of the week Mac generally enjoys her Taco Bell dinner. Have those tacos today, homies.

I don’t eat chocolate that much, but felt like picking up a small pack of little bars. As DH said last night, is that chocolate? Why yes it is. And now it will go fast as he now knows. I do like white chocolate, but there are only both milk and dark in what I bought. I like it with a cup of tea after dinner, as it is a nice sweet chocolate treat once in a while.

And so, that Summer weather is creeping closer. While it’s 50 degrees out now, 81 is the high, so I am glad to have the AC on, in house and car. And, a woot! As weather guy this morning said we will have a full day of sun, no pesky clouds to see. Golden Eastern horizon not quite an hour ago. Ahh, sunny day with a warm afternoon, yay!

And my neighbor must have been up early too, as the lone chicken was quite loudly clucking a bit ago. They do let it in the house now. Guess it was happy to be outside it’s coop.

Time for tea, and a yay, as yesterday, little one was out mailing bills for me, and stopped by the bakery. We now have fresh baked bakery croissants. Breakfast today is one of those with a little butter on it. Perfect with tea.

A terrific Taco Tuesday homies. Enjoy the day, and hopefully the wall to wall sunny day like me.
Fresh baked croissants are scrumptious!!!!! Enjoy!
Might have tacos tonight, since nothing else currently planned. Will go to store a bit later.

Good morning everyone.

I realized this morning that I had not pot a hold on our mail delivery for our vacation time. That has been taken care of now.

Hoping for quick healing for her.

Great news. Would you believe that I have never ridden the Mummy ride?

Hoping your restrictions relax soon so you can travel.

Same here.

I envy you. I had weird dreams again.

I fell like I am missing some quotes, but don't have time to go back and look. Gotta get to work.

Days left:

View attachment 575871
Thank you for the well wishes to DD!
4 days! have you started packing yet?

Making a quick morning stop in :wave2: I am for a quiet day today. I need to spread this work out as far as I can.

We sold our camper last night. Someone came by to take a look at it. They went home to discuss it. So I went out for my walk. While I'm just hitting my high gear, dh calls and says the couple is coming by the house to drop off a deposit on it. So I step up my walking, and they are already at the house, waiting for me to get home. They were super excited and had to take another look inside, take some video to show their kids.

It makes me a little sad to sell it. We don't use it, as now that we have the boat, we want to go fishing, and we can't pull both the camper and boat. We did so much camping and lake life. Our kids were raised outside in the summer doing all that fun summer stuff....camping, fishing, quading. OH well, it is going to a young family who will love it as much we did. It will fulfill it's camper destiny to be used and loved!!!!

I'm a little jealous. DH is in Edmonton for meetings (which conveniently the times changed) and now he's getting see the grandbaby this morning. I shed a few tears at my desk when he sent me a picture already this morning. I am needing to see them again. Only 3 weeks they come to visit for our youngest ds's grad.

I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery. I'm sure that is quite painful.

Yup, I already cringe when people get too close into my bubble. I am ready to head into a restaurant for a meal again. Ordering a meal is NOT the same, and we will only order in pizza or burgers...if that. Now that summer is coming, I can't wait to hit the patios and dine outside.

Yes.. DH has a huge sweet tooth, so sweets don't last long in our house. I can pass on it. But if it is a crunchy, salty snack, I will sniff that snack out at 500 feet and dive in :rotfl:

I hope your recovery keep going smoothly. You will be up and around again in now time.

Well, I should probably shuffle a few papers around and at least try to look busy :laughing: Maybe I'll stop in a little later.
Sounds like you've made some very precious memories....but new memories to come with the boat! What do you normally catch in your area?

Hope you see the grands again soon!

Thank you for the well wishes....it's painful, but she's managing ok.

Beautiful sunny day! Already took the dogs for a walk, and may take them again later.

I saw that Sapphire Falls re-opened today, that is so exciting!! I really hope Strong Water Tavern will be open too. The girls and I would love to have some apps and a drink!

Need to make a grocery run today. Also pop by the bank and post office. They are all within less than a mile from each other. My chiropractor and the dry cleaners fall into this area as well. And a few other business I visit regularly. Makes errands quite easy!

I am breathing a huge sigh of relief now. You may remember that last year Dh and I needed to get new life insurance policies. I got mine, but then Dh had a heart attack and became uninsurable. I thought he had a plan through the university, but I was wrong.....until today. It’s benefit enrollment time and they have offered a new life insurance policy that does not require a physical. Dh just signed up today. He now has a decent policy at a very low payment rate. It’s not judge, but will be enough to pay off the mortgage and still have some left over if he goes before I do.

Pumpkin - Congrats on the sale of the camper.

Paris - I will start packing either Thursday night or Friday. I have never been an early packer. I need to do a little bit of laundry first.

Lunch is almost over. Back to work.

Good to have that sorted, Charade. And yep, a last minute packet too. I always figure, it’s not like going to a place I can’t get whatever I forgot. Around the parks there’s a store selling almost everything.

Lunchtime walk was awesome again. So bright out, but so nice and warm. Hehe, when I came back in, AC was on.

Good to hear DD will be okay, Paris. Sending more mummy dust get well wishes to her. And yes, good to see SF open, as I enjoy my stay there, as pretty hotel, and SWT is a very nice place to get a drink.

Multi quote not working for me again tonight.....

Charade, I stil have weird and wonderful dreams, they just don`t wake me up......I bet you`re glad your DH has insurance again!

Pumpkin........nice you sold the camper and some other family will get the use of it. We were never a camper/camping/ type of folks.......and thankfully Kyle never was either....happy to be up in the wilds but we had to have a hotel/B&B.........there`s a massive Amercian style RV in the next village to us, family who have it bought it just before Covid hit and are only now beginning to use it, it is beautiful I have to say, but doesn`t fit in some of the roads round here......lol.......

I am more than ready to be in a restaurant too. No worries as tables are far enough apart, and it just feels nicer and civilised eating in. Can`t wait. And thank you, I think I`m improving.

Lori.......sounds a busy day, and yes, being back in Sapphire and Strong Water will be lovely......oh the choices of what to have first........:cheer2: I still remind Tom of the octopus he wouldn`t eat in there with us......this from the man who would eat kidney`s if I ever bought them 🤢

Made fish for dinner tonight. I cooked the fish, made the lemon butter sauce and Tom did everything else. It was cod loin, no skin or bone and huge chunky pieces so didn`t want them overcooked, easier to do it myself and it was lovely.

Some Haagen Daaz for dessert with strawberries tonight.

Aaaaaannnnnddddd the rain they was in the forecast has arrived. It is supposed to turn to wet snow tonight :sad::sad1::sad2::cold: I hope my lilac tree (where my lilac flowers are just starting to bud) will survive the cold. I think it will be too wet for the snow to stick...BUT it is not unusual for Mother Nature to throw us one last middle finger of snowfall :rotfl:

Sounds like you've made some very precious memories....but new memories to come with the boat! What do you normally catch in your area?
We are lake fisher -people. So we mostly catch northern pike ( those we release as the water gets too warm here and they are not good to eat) walleye, perch, brown and rainbow trout. If we fished in the rivers coming out of the rockies, we could catch more varieties of trout. But we stick to the lakes. If the boat moves....This momma is almost always in there with my fishing rod in hand lol. And yes, I bait and take off my own fish - except Jack/northern pike. I don't touch them lol.
I am breathing a huge sigh of relief now. You may remember that last year Dh and I needed to get new life insurance policies. I got mine, but then Dh had a heart attack and became uninsurable. I thought he had a plan through the university, but I was wrong.....until today. It’s benefit enrollment time and they have offered a new life insurance policy that does not require a physical. Dh just signed up today. He now has a decent policy at a very low payment rate. It’s not judge, but will be enough to pay off the mortgage and still have some left over if he goes before I do.
That is one of those things in life that we need. I am glad you have it now. It cringe at the situation it caused when my mil passed. It made me sit my parents down and find out alllllllllllllllllllllll the information and make sure things were covered that needed to be covered. IT was a MESS when mil passed away. Huge a huge life lesson.
Pumpkin........nice you sold the camper and some other family will get the use of it. We were never a camper/camping/ type of folks.......and thankfully Kyle never was either....happy to be up in the wilds but we had to have a hotel/B&B.........there`s a massive Amercian style RV in the next village to us, family who have it bought it just before Covid hit and are only now beginning to use it, it is beautiful I have to say, but doesn`t fit in some of the roads round here......lol.......
HAhahahaha. There are lots of those around here too. Ours was big enough - 27 feet with no slide. Those were too expensive when we purchased this one. It was in immaculate condition as we only slept and showered in it. We didn't want the house on wheels. That's not why we go camping!!!!! You go camping to enjoy the outdoors. We are on the lookout for a truck camper now...so we can still do our camping and fishing. We live in such a beautiful part of the country, we love to take advantage of it and do things other people can't. For now if we want to camp...we will take the tent.

Well...I should head out and pick up some lunch. I just hate going out in the rain.

Have a great day Hommies!!!!

Aaaaaannnnnddddd the rain they was in the forecast has arrived. It is supposed to turn to wet snow tonight :sad::sad1::sad2::cold: I hope my lilac tree (where my lilac flowers are just starting to bud) will survive the cold. I think it will be too wet for the snow to stick...BUT it is not unusual for Mother Nature to throw us one last middle finger of snowfall :rotfl:

We are lake fisher -people. So we mostly catch northern pike ( those we release as the water gets too warm here and they are not good to eat) walleye, perch, brown and rainbow trout. If we fished in the rivers coming out of the rockies, we could catch more varieties of trout. But we stick to the lakes. If the boat moves....This momma is almost always in there with my fishing rod in hand lol. And yes, I bait and take off my own fish - except Jack/northern pike. I don't touch them lol.

That is one of those things in life that we need. I am glad you have it now. It cringe at the situation it caused when my mil passed. It made me sit my parents down and find out alllllllllllllllllllllll the information and make sure things were covered that needed to be covered. IT was a MESS when mil passed away. Huge a huge life lesson.

HAhahahaha. There are lots of those around here too. Ours was big enough - 27 feet with no slide. Those were too expensive when we purchased this one. It was in immaculate condition as we only slept and showered in it. We didn't want the house on wheels. That's not why we go camping!!!!! You go camping to enjoy the outdoors. We are on the lookout for a truck camper now...so we can still do our camping and fishing. We live in such a beautiful part of the country, we love to take advantage of it and do things other people can't. For now if we want to camp...we will take the tent.

Well...I should head out and pick up some lunch. I just hate going out in the rain.

Have a great day Hommies!!!!

You have snow??? I thought we were bad with hailstones last week.....

We enjoy the outdoors and certainly did lots when Kyle was younger, but we were always teased for not "roughing it" and camping.......sleeping in a tent was never my idea of fun, as you said you can have fun without needing to do that.

And certainly we have some gorgeous places over here, especially back home in Scotland....avoiding the midges of course.......

A couple of our friends have decided to move up to near the border between Scotland and England......beautiful little place, and we already know someone who lives up there, haven`t seen them in a while though. I`m quite surprised really as I didn`t think they`d ever move away from London. But, he has decided to retire, I think covid fatigue has set in with him and he`s had enough.

Seems to be hitting a few people around.

We enjoy the outdoors and certainly did lots when Kyle was younger, but we were always teased for not "roughing it" and camping.......sleeping in a tent was never my idea of fun, as you said you can have fun without needing to do that.

And certainly we have some gorgeous places over here, especially back home in Scotland....avoiding the midges of course.......
Some day....we will explore that part of the world. It is on our bucket list!!!!!

Camping/Tenting is not for everyone. If it's cold and rainy....TAKE ME HOME!!!! Nope....not doing it lol. I just love to vacation!!!! Whether it's a little weekend getaway camping/fishing, a couple of nights in the big city, an all inclusive warm destination, or a theme park. I want to do it alllllllll!!!! I need to win the lottery to visit all the places I want to explore in the world lol.

And yes...we can get snow in May...I remember one year when I was young...about 8 or 9...we were writing June finals and we got snow. The farmers were NOT happy. Snow and crops don't mix well. I'll have to ask my dad about that now. That will be a good topic for our next phone chat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter