• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Sorry charade,I must have missed it when you first posted it
Thanks for showing it again!

Not long before it’s vacation time for you!

Some day....we will explore that part of the world. It is on our bucket list!!!!!

Camping/Tenting is not for everyone. If it's cold and rainy....TAKE ME HOME!!!! Nope....not doing it lol. I just love to vacation!!!! Whether it's a little weekend getaway camping/fishing, a couple of nights in the big city, an all inclusive warm destination, or a theme park. I want to do it alllllllll!!!! I need to win the lottery to visit all the places I want to explore in the world lol.

And yes...we can get snow in May...I remember one year when I was young...about 8 or 9...we were writing June finals and we got snow. The farmers were NOT happy. Snow and crops don't mix well. I'll have to ask my dad about that now. That will be a good topic for our next phone chat.

Scotland is so beautiful. When the weather is ideal, there is no place as stunningly beautiful on the planet, IMO of course.......you`d love the variety of terrain there, mountains and lochs that will mesmerise you and some of the friendliest people on earth. And some of the best Aberdeen Angus steaks and seafood in the world.

I hear you on the travel. Apart from America of which there are many places I`d love to see, we`ve done as much in Europe as we want to and with the exceptins of Switzerland and Austria, I doubt we`d go back no to many places. But we love little getaways too.....we finally got our Scotland trip booked last week as it had to be postponed due to my foot issue and I`m so looking forward to that especially as we`ll see family. But, we love travelling and do miss it. Never been to Canada either and there are a couple of places I`d like to see there too.

We`ve had snow in May before and apparently once in July in the early 1980`s of which I do not remember.....much prefer to remember our warmer weather! But, yes, hope it doesn`t last for you.......

Big hello to @tink1957...... :wave2:

We miss you posting Vicki and hope you are all doing ok... :)

Sun is shining this morning again, but again, rain forecast for this afternoon.......our plants and trees are certainly looking very lush, full and very green this time of year as we have had an awful lot of rain these past months.

Going out a drive this morning, I can get a loose sandal on so that`ll do for today and we`ll go sit along the front just for a bit so I can say I`ve left the house.

Poached egg time first.....then no idea, but I can help with food now so I will. No other real plans today other than a few phone calls and we might drop in on a friend for a cup of tea this morning.

And hopefully we have a heatwave coming soon......again, will believe it when I see it......or wait half an hour and read another news story that we have to have an arctic blast hit us which is more likely.

Time for tea.......

cv69%20%282%29-S.jpg

cv106-M.jpg

cv7-S.jpg

Happy Wine Wednesday 😁

75E68DB6-83BC-488F-9089-AA9F69775496.jpeg

Woot! Wednesday is here, and so is the camel. Seems he’s ready for our, what the weather lady said on the morning news, a taste of Summer temps. And I’m happy the warmer weather is finally here. And almost a week with no rain, as first rain chances this week are on Friday. And that makes sense, as I will be a slower moving homie on Friday, as will be enjoying that extra day of relaxing.

Yay, Schumi out of the house today. Take it easy Schumi, as no need to have shoes on until your are more healed. But nice you could get a sandal on enough to hopefully enjoyed sitting in the garden, having some breakfast tea. Sending mummy dust well wishes.

And woot, as already 57 out, with 88 degrees the high. And ooh, another golden sunrise on that horizon just past 5:30 this morning. I do enjoy waking up in the not so dark, and then the sun makes it much brighter out. And another day of wall to wall sunny skies. Another woot for today’s forecast. And brr, hope Pumpkin’s snow is just flurries, and it doesn’t stick around. Have to say, while we have had snow in April before, I don’t remember any in May. Though it could have been. Some Mays we have still had the heater on, but other Mays, we have had the AC on already. The first half of this May certainly had the heater on, with highs not much above freezing, and some very cool feeling rain.

And so, with a single clucking from neighboring chicken, I’m in need of a refill in my tea cup. And ugh, seems I had a whole box of those graham crackers, but the box is empty this morning. No matter, I had bought little one a mini pizzelle maker, and yum, she made quite a few last night. Now they also go perfect with tea. Time to nibble on a few of those cookies before they also disappear.

A most Wonderful Wednesday to all the homies. And smile, sunglasses should be needed today, and every day.

Good morning, Running late again. I thought I had set an alarm, but didn't. I woke up 30 minutes after I wanted. Just tossed ingredients in the crockpot to make white bean chicken chili - B's request. Now I gotta get to work. Hoping these next 2 workdays are quiet.

Getting so close now. It's a magic number.

Wish I could be as excited as lynne is
Had the air off some this past week but put it back on at 6 this morning

When I lived up north, I was thrilled when the temps would be high
We had lived near Lake Michigan which kept out temps low during the summer (but with some exceptions)

This is the first time since we moved south that it’s not humid and hot in the spring.

charade is making beans for dinner
Everyone meet at her house at 5 for supper
Bring your own spoon ( and beano tablets)

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!!

Woke up to no snow this morning. I figured as much with how much rain we got yesterday. But...they did get some snow south of us. DD was out shoveling off their deck this morning as gd wanted to go outside to play, and the dogs also needed to go outside as well lol. I am just glad it wasn't us lol.

Woke up with a massive migraine again. Probably due to the temperature swings happening again. Warm to cold, then cold to warm again. It is hard on my head at times.

Going out a drive this morning, I can get a loose sandal on so that`ll do for today and we`ll go sit along the front just for a bit so I can say I`ve left the house.
I am glad you can get out for a little bit. It feels good to get out of our little bubble. Enjoy that time...and make sure you rest too (said in a Momma voice :laughing: ;) )
And woot, as already 57 out, with 88 degrees the high. And ooh, another golden sunrise on that horizon just past 5:30 this morning. I do enjoy waking up in the not so dark, and then the sun makes it much brighter out. And another day of wall to wall sunny skies. Another woot for today’s forecast.
Woot Woot...warm weather is in your forecast!!! Enjoy those temps!!!!!
It's getting sooooo close now!!!! Have you started the packing yet? That's part of the fun!!!!!!

Well, I should get this pile of papers to the scanner and sent into AP.

Have a great and safe day Homies!!!!

E146E602-8515-491E-BEA2-D56B4AD009EB.jpeg

My new shoe. Now I realize why my foot hurt so much during last trip to MCO. Dr had said remote chance of it on prior appt early April. Start PT next week for the soft tissue part of things, bone should heal in 6 weeks. Funny thing, my middle DS has work accident & fractured his foot when I was away. His the left, mine the right, between the two of us we have a ‘good set’ lol

68BA2288-1446-462B-BC46-4EA9FF46AB82.jpeg

12C2D77E-C911-4220-82D3-6398A2577C8C.jpeg
Made dinner early today while i was still fresh, my version of jambalaya. No okra need apply.

Laying along a sofa with feet up. Being quite spoiled and pampered, one could get used to this. Reading a book and watching Dial M for Murder

Expect the family will have to duct

Hope DD finger is ok......that`s how Kyle ended up needing back surgery when he was 18....coming off a bucking bronco.....ironic it was during health week at college months before he started University......hope she`s not in too much pain!
Never knew the ‘cause’ of that, poor Kyle. Another great story for him to share going forward though
We are all looking forward to the wedding. So good to look forward to something to celebrate.
So exciting for you all
and saw their waiter in there and the waiter did not wash his hands before he left the restroom. Nephew told my sister and they told manager. Manger delivered their food.
Oh, so gross to hear
You are a saint.
Far from it lol, at this stage of the game i’m Just trying to do good going forward as much as I can
The shower was Tiffany themed.
You truly missed your calling as an event planner, perfection
Granddaughter stopped by yesterday and surprised me with a bouquet of roses. That was an unexpected surprise and so sweet of her.
Aw, how thoughtful. The nut didn’t fall from the tree there
He thinks the ligament is only partially torn, since she still has function. The finger is immobilized and she will need a recheck in a month.
Poor kid, best wishes for a speedy recovery for her
And all from scratch.....Tom makes better pastry than I do!
Interesting. I’m not a fancy baker. Think it has a large part to do with one’s patience and analytical thinking process.
Yeah, little one broke bone in her thumb and had a crack in her hand’s growth plate when fell oddly on soccer field. Luckily, fully healed after two rounds of casts.
My youngest DS in jr HS found himself as a running back on the bottom of a huge pile. His foot impacted for over a year, growth plate etc.needed a lot of PT to bring the leg back into same shape after casts removed...looked like a little twig. End of football, back onto soccer
whipped up some supper of roast chicken in the airfryer
New convert, never thought of trying a whole chicken. Inspiration
Slept like a baby last night again. Tom said he didn`t as he`s so aware of not wanting to being anywhere near my foot......lol....bless him. But, so far so good.

Plan to try walking a little today, just a little as I can`t get a shoe on yet, but my goodness I don`t like just sitting doing nothing. I find I`m ordering much more online at times like that than before.....or so it seems.
Sit girl, sit! Don’t be a bad patient :)
It makes me a little sad to sell it. We don't use it, as now that we have the boat, we want to go fishing, and we can't pull both the camper and boat. We did so much camping and lake life. Our kids were raised outside in the summer doing all that fun summer stuff....camping, fishing, quading. OH well, it is going to a young family who will love it as much we did. It will fulfill it's camper destiny to be used and loved!!!!
Think of it as ‘rehoming’ it
Homemade broth is simply the best!!
Nothing like waking up wet from an unexpected snow managing to soak the ground cover
[
Camping/Tenting is not for everyone. If it's cold and rainy....TAKE ME HOME!!!! Nope....not doing it lol. I just love to vacation!!!!
It was all we could afford for multiple Trips when my kids were little, many happy memories.

Not too happy about the temps for my trip. Oh well, at least there’s not rain in the forecast.

View attachment 576195
Hate to say it...look at the real feel. Do you have one of the microfiber towels to wet & wear around your neck. Really, a life saver in the summer heat.
Woke up with a massive migraine again. Probably due to the temperature swings happening again. Warm to cold, then cold to warm again. It is hard on my head at times.
that stinks. My youngest had 3 in last five days. No idea temp fluctuations could trigger.

Last edited:
2bd shot done and so far little soreness in arm. So nice to be outside and no need for mask in 2 weeks. We are looking forward to our mini NYC trip. Interestingly, Amtrak said they are going to have full trains by the end of this month, and if you needed to change train as too crowded for ya, can do 1 time. Percentage our train is full? 10 percent as of now. We are not worried, as train has 2 seats per side. So no one will be seated next to us. Maybe across the aisle from us, at the most.

Pumpkin, glad to hear no snow, and hope headache is no more.

Keisha, ack, the foot, and eh, not a fan of that food. Not a fan of most that comes from water.

I am breathing a huge sigh of relief now. You may remember that last year Dh and I needed to get new life insurance policies. I got mine, but then Dh had a heart attack and became uninsurable. I thought he had a plan through the university, but I was wrong.....until today. It’s benefit enrollment time and they have offered a new life insurance policy that does not require a physical. Dh just signed up today. He now has a decent policy at a very low payment rate. It’s not judge, but will be enough to pay off the mortgage and still have some left over if he goes before I do.

Pumpkin - Congrats on the sale of the camper.

Paris - I will start packing either Thursday night or Friday. I have never been an early packer. I need to do a little bit of laundry first.

Lunch is almost over. Back to work.
Glad you got the policy sorted for your DH!

I always start packing about 3-4 days early. I think it;s the excitement that starts me packing!

Good to have that sorted, Charade. And yep, a last minute packet too. I always figure, it’s not like going to a place I can’t get whatever I forgot. Around the parks there’s a store selling almost everything.

Lunchtime walk was awesome again. So bright out, but so nice and warm. Hehe, when I came back in, AC was on.

Good to hear DD will be okay, Paris. Sending more mummy dust get well wishes to her. And yes, good to see SF open, as I enjoy my stay there, as pretty hotel, and SWT is a very nice place to get a drink.
Thank you again.
And I'm very excited to go to SF!

Multi quote not working for me again tonight.....

Charade, I stil have weird and wonderful dreams, they just don`t wake me up......I bet you`re glad your DH has insurance again!

Pumpkin........nice you sold the camper and some other family will get the use of it. We were never a camper/camping/ type of folks.......and thankfully Kyle never was either....happy to be up in the wilds but we had to have a hotel/B&B.........there`s a massive Amercian style RV in the next village to us, family who have it bought it just before Covid hit and are only now beginning to use it, it is beautiful I have to say, but doesn`t fit in some of the roads round here......lol.......

I am more than ready to be in a restaurant too. No worries as tables are far enough apart, and it just feels nicer and civilised eating in. Can`t wait. And thank you, I think I`m improving.

Lori.......sounds a busy day, and yes, being back in Sapphire and Strong Water will be lovely......oh the choices of what to have first........:cheer2: I still remind Tom of the octopus he wouldn`t eat in there with us......this from the man who would eat kidney`s if I ever bought them 🤢

Made fish for dinner tonight. I cooked the fish, made the lemon butter sauce and Tom did everything else. It was cod loin, no skin or bone and huge chunky pieces so didn`t want them overcooked, easier to do it myself and it was lovely.

Some Haagen Daaz for dessert with strawberries tonight.
I'll take some pictures of what we order in SW Tavern and send them to you!!

Aaaaaannnnnddddd the rain they was in the forecast has arrived. It is supposed to turn to wet snow tonight :sad::sad1::sad2::cold: I hope my lilac tree (where my lilac flowers are just starting to bud) will survive the cold. I think it will be too wet for the snow to stick...BUT it is not unusual for Mother Nature to throw us one last middle finger of snowfall :rotfl:

We are lake fisher -people. So we mostly catch northern pike ( those we release as the water gets too warm here and they are not good to eat) walleye, perch, brown and rainbow trout. If we fished in the rivers coming out of the rockies, we could catch more varieties of trout. But we stick to the lakes. If the boat moves....This momma is almost always in there with my fishing rod in hand lol. And yes, I bait and take off my own fish - except Jack/northern pike. I don't touch them lol.

That is one of those things in life that we need. I am glad you have it now. It cringe at the situation it caused when my mil passed. It made me sit my parents down and find out alllllllllllllllllllllll the information and make sure things were covered that needed to be covered. IT was a MESS when mil passed away. Huge a huge life lesson.

HAhahahaha. There are lots of those around here too. Ours was big enough - 27 feet with no slide. Those were too expensive when we purchased this one. It was in immaculate condition as we only slept and showered in it. We didn't want the house on wheels. That's not why we go camping!!!!! You go camping to enjoy the outdoors. We are on the lookout for a truck camper now...so we can still do our camping and fishing. We live in such a beautiful part of the country, we love to take advantage of it and do things other people can't. For now if we want to camp...we will take the tent.

Well...I should head out and pick up some lunch. I just hate going out in the rain.

Have a great day Hommies!!!!
Sounds like awesome fishing! We catch walleye, northern, perch and blue gill mainly. I love a well made blue gill!

We are not out of the woods for snow showers either....perish the thought!!

Scotland is so beautiful. When the weather is ideal, there is no place as stunningly beautiful on the planet, IMO of course.......you`d love the variety of terrain there, mountains and lochs that will mesmerise you and some of the friendliest people on earth. And some of the best Aberdeen Angus steaks and seafood in the world.

I hear you on the travel. Apart from America of which there are many places I`d love to see, we`ve done as much in Europe as we want to and with the exceptins of Switzerland and Austria, I doubt we`d go back no to many places. But we love little getaways too.....we finally got our Scotland trip booked last week as it had to be postponed due to my foot issue and I`m so looking forward to that especially as we`ll see family. But, we love travelling and do miss it. Never been to Canada either and there are a couple of places I`d like to see there too.

We`ve had snow in May before and apparently once in July in the early 1980`s of which I do not remember.....much prefer to remember our warmer weather! But, yes, hope it doesn`t last for you.......

Big hello to @tink1957...... :wave2:

We miss you posting Vicki and hope you are all doing ok... :)

Sun is shining this morning again, but again, rain forecast for this afternoon.......our plants and trees are certainly looking very lush, full and very green this time of year as we have had an awful lot of rain these past months.

Poached egg time first.....then no idea, but I can help with food now so I will. No other real plans today other than a few phone calls and we might drop in on a friend for a cup of tea this morning.

And hopefully we have a heatwave coming soon......again, will believe it when I see it......or wait half an hour and read another news story that we have to have an arctic blast hit us which is more likely.

Time for tea.......

cv69%20%282%29-S.jpg

cv106-M.jpg

cv7-S.jpg

Happy Wine Wednesday 😁
Scotland is on my travel list.....expect a meet up when that happens!!

View attachment 576158

Woot! Wednesday is here, and so is the camel. Seems he’s ready for our, what the weather lady said on the morning news, a taste of Summer temps. And I’m happy the warmer weather is finally here. And almost a week with no rain, as first rain chances this week are on Friday. And that makes sense, as I will be a slower moving homie on Friday, as will be enjoying that extra day of relaxing.

Yay, Schumi out of the house today. Take it easy Schumi, as no need to have shoes on until your are more healed. But nice you could get a sandal on enough to hopefully enjoyed sitting in the garden, having some breakfast tea. Sending mummy dust well wishes.

And woot, as already 57 out, with 88 degrees the high. And ooh, another golden sunrise on that horizon just past 5:30 this morning. I do enjoy waking up in the not so dark, and then the sun makes it much brighter out. And another day of wall to wall sunny skies. Another woot for today’s forecast. And brr, hope Pumpkin’s snow is just flurries, and it doesn’t stick around. Have to say, while we have had snow in April before, I don’t remember any in May. Though it could have been. Some Mays we have still had the heater on, but other Mays, we have had the AC on already. The first half of this May certainly had the heater on, with highs not much above freezing, and some very cool feeling rain.

And so, with a single clucking from neighboring chicken, I’m in need of a refill in my tea cup. And ugh, seems I had a whole box of those graham crackers, but the box is empty this morning. No matter, I had bought little one a mini pizzelle maker, and yum, she made quite a few last night. Now they also go perfect with tea. Time to nibble on a few of those cookies before they also disappear.

A most Wonderful Wednesday to all the homies. And smile, sunglasses should be needed today, and every day.
Sounds like an incredible outdoors day!
A pizzelle maker would be fun! Bet they were yummy!

Good morning, Running late again. I thought I had set an alarm, but didn't. I woke up 30 minutes after I wanted. Just tossed ingredients in the crockpot to make white bean chicken chili - B's request. Now I gotta get to work. Hoping these next 2 workdays are quiet.

View attachment 576174
This reminds me of Schoolhouse Rock!!

Not too happy about the temps for my trip. Oh well, at least there’s not rain in the forecast.

View attachment 576195
97 is surely getting hot! No rain is great tho!

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!!

Woke up to no snow this morning. I figured as much with how much rain we got yesterday. But...they did get some snow south of us. DD was out shoveling off their deck this morning as gd wanted to go outside to play, and the dogs also needed to go outside as well lol. I am just glad it wasn't us lol.

I am glad you can get out for a little bit. It feels good to get out of our little bubble. Enjoy that time...and make sure you rest too (said in a Momma voice :laughing: ;) )

Woot Woot...warm weather is in your forecast!!! Enjoy those temps!!!!!

It's getting sooooo close now!!!! Have you started the packing yet? That's part of the fun!!!!!!

Well, I should get this pile of papers to the scanner and sent into AP.

Have a great and safe day Homies!!!!
Sorry about your migraine! My MIL used to get terrible weather related migraines....no fun at all.
Hope it goes away quickly!

Expect the family will have to duct

Never knew the ‘cause’ of that, poor Kyle. Another great story for him to share going forward though

So exciting for you all

Oh, so gross to hear

Far from it lol, at this stage of the game i’m Just trying to do good going forward as much as I can

Aw, how thoughtful. The nut didn’t fall from the tree there

Poor kid, best wishes for a speedy recovery for her

Interesting. I’m not a fancy baker. Think it has a large part to do with one’s patience and analytical thinking process.

My youngest DS in jr HS found himself as a running back on the bottom of a huge pile. His foot impacted for over a year, growth plate etc.needed a lot of PT to bring the leg back into same shape after casts removed...looked like a little twig. End of football, back onto soccer

New convert, never thought of trying a whole chicken. Inspiration

Sit girl, sit! Don’t be a bad patient :)

Think of it as ‘rehoming’ it

Nothing like waking up wet from an unexpected snow managing to soak the ground cover
[
It was all we could afford for multiple Trips when my kids were little, many happy memories.

Hate to say it...look at the real feel. Do you have one of the microfiber towels to wet & wear around your neck. Really, a life saver in the summer heat.

that stinks. My youngest ha
DD will be good....just takes some time to heal. At least no disruption to our trip!

Your poor foot! Hopefully it will be feeling good as new soon!!

And your jambalaya looks great!!

DD and had our nails done today. Well, she had 9 done! Got them all pretty for graduation on Sunday.
I steamed DDs gown last night, and may do a 'touch up' the morning of. Even her gown on a hanger got me a little misty eyed. What the heck?? I'm turning into an emotional puddle in my ole age!

Both condo sales are final...done and done!! And the parking space too.
There is still quite a lot of work to do. I agreed to facilitate the transition of our 40+ reservations that are booked between now and mid August. I want to make sure all the guests are well taken care of with no troubles. In a perfect world, that will be finished before my trip to UO, so I have nothing to worry about.

Going to the ophthalmologist this afternoon. I'm not a fan of anybody messing with my eyes. Hate the puff of air, hate the dilation. I couldn't get contact lenses, after repeatedly trying...since I won't even touch my own eyes, lol! So this is shaping up to be great fun...:crazy2:

Thanks Lynne....doing much better today. Weather sounds lovely, and your NY trip is just around the corner too.

Charade.....countdown gets better every day! Those temps look great to me, but can understand your concern with headaches and so on.

mac....can I bring my own dinner to Charade`s? I don`t eat any kind of bean.....not a fan at all!

Your weather will have us all jealous before too long.....yours is hard to beat!

Pumpkin.......glad the snow didn`t come to anything for you.......and yes, I`ll take it easy.....thank you.....:)

Janet....that looks like something I`d enjoy very much!!! Anything with seafood in works for me........And agree about okra.....what the heck is that all about!!

I didn`t tell you how Kyle hurt his back?? Yes, landed on fresh air......lol......and er, yes, we did walk today......wasn`t planned, but it was so gorgeous.....now I have the bug as I can walk not too bad......lol.....that duct tape may be needed as Kyle was reminding me to not to walk too far! I think I am a bad patient.....lol......I do want to go back out tomorrow.......lol.....

Oh PT starts next week? Meantime take it easy too....... :thumbsup2

Lori......oh yes, I can`t wait to see what you order!! I would definitely drive up to Scotland if you were going and be part tour guide for you......what a blast!!

Glad the condo`s are all sorted now, you`ll be glad to get that all finalised and guests will appreciate the work you`ve put in to make sure their bookings are still intact. Good luck with the eye checks.....yes, no contacts for any of us either......couldn`t do it, happy to stick with glasses.

Oh nothing wrong with being emotional. And that is a perfect reason to be so I think.....she`ll be so beautiful.

Yes, it was a stunningly beautiful morning here, so instead of just sitting looking at the sea, we drove down and parked and I managed to walk about 40 minutes. I did have on my "posh crocs" lol......so not ideal for long walks, but did ok as it didn`t touch the dressing still on. It was warm and sunny and could have walked longer but think Tom was thinking I`d done enough....he was probably right.

After lunch went to a friends house for the afternoon but poor doggies had to be kept away as they would have been on my foot. Bless them, they looked a little bewildered. But two of them love sitting on folks bare feet, so they had to stay away. Nice afternoon though sitting outside......

Dinner was late, but very nice as we made balsamic honey chicken together, went down well.

Now watching final 2 episodes of a tv show called The Pact. It`s very good, set in Wales and very atmospheric.

Last edited:
I can’t even comprehend snow this time of year.

Not yet. I’m a last minute packer.

My new shoe. Now I realize why my foot hurt so much during last trip to MCO. Dr had said remote chance of it on prior appt early April. Start PT next week for the soft tissue part of things, bone should heal in 6 weeks. Funny thing, my middle DS has work accident & fractured his foot when I was away. His the left, mine the right, between the two of us we have a ‘good set’ lol
Hoping for quick healing.

We don’t have those. Do you know if WDW sells them? I don’t know if I can find them locally before we leave.

2bd shot done and so far little soreness in arm.
Hoping that’s the only side effect

I always start packing about 3-4 days early. I think it;s the excitement that starts me packing!
I’m last minute.

This reminds me of Schoolhouse Rock!!
That’s exactly where it is from.

Congrats!

Going to the ophthalmologist this afternoon. I'm not a fan of anybody messing with my eyes. Hate the puff of air, hate the dilation. I couldn't get contact lenses, after repeatedly trying...since I won't even touch my own eyes, lol! So this is shaping up to be great fun...
I miss wearing contacts. I stopped wearing them several years ago when my eyes started getting dry.

I need to do a little laundry before we leave. I think we have everything we need for the trip. I also want to make sure the house is clean when we get home.

Good Wednesday evening Sans family :wave:

Sitting in my favorite spot looking out the window and glancing at the Dis.

Absolutely gorgeous. You did a great job.

Thank you.

Robbie
You missed your calling in life
Wedding Planner could be your second profession

All the extra touches you did for the wedding shower is fabulous!

June brides .... are in a special category their own!
Weather is lovely always in June

Wishing years of happiness for your niece and her soon to be Mr

Thanks for including all the lovely pictures of the shower

Thank you Mac for your lovely wishes for granddaughters upcoming wedding in June.

I enjoyed doing the shower and decorations.

Robbie, that is absolutely beautiful. Completely stunning and I can see your granddaughter loving what you did. As mac says, you could do this professionally.

The Tiffany theme is classic and you did them proud. And now, on to the wedding!!

Lovely of her to get you those flowers as a thank you. Lovely, well mannered young lady. And always nice to spend time with her too, car journey sounds fun!

Thank you Carole. Mariah and I have always enjoyed visiting Tiffany at Mall at Millenia for a few trinkets on our vacations to Universal. You actually played a big part in that you know. You shared your information on your trip report about Mall at Millenia and we have been going there every since. We do so enjoy shopping at the Mall there. They have the nicest shops, but Tiffany is our favorite.

She is such a sweetheart and very thoughtful. Thank you for your lovely comments about her.

Thank you for the kind wishes too......I`m doing good. Yes, my son was taught to cook at a very young age, no excuses not to teach them how to cook. So many can`t today or won`t, and he was making things that were excellent when some of his friends were opening cans of soup or making grilled sandwiches......they always enjoyed coming here for food!

So good Kyle enjoys cooking. He sounds like he is such a wonderful son. I bet his friends enjoyed coming there for all your goodies. You are a great cook. You always talk about the yummy food you prepare.

OMG, Robo.....BRAVO!!!
Elegant, classic and simply beautiful!!! That is one gorgeous table and you obviously made your granddaughter very happy.
So nice she showed her appreciation to you with flowers!

Thank you. She really liked her shower.

The doctor was very thorough with the exam, since the ligament needs to heal well for good function of her finger. It was quite painful for DD, since he needed her to move the finger, and resist movement when he pressed against it. Quite unpleasant!
He thinks the ligament is only partially torn, since she still has function. The finger is immobilized and she will need a recheck in a month.
Moral of the story...No more bull riding for anyone in this family!!!

Sending lots of get well wishes to your daughter. At least you know what the damage is and now it’s time to allow the healing to begin.

I don’t eat chocolate that much, but felt like picking up a small pack of little bars. As DH said last night, is that chocolate? Why yes it is. And now it will go fast as he now knows. I do like white chocolate, but there are only both milk and dark in what I bought. I like it with a cup of tea after dinner, as it is a nice sweet chocolate treat once in a while.

I do like a small piece of chocolate now and then. I always like to see how some people come up with creative ways to use it in desserts.

I saw that Sapphire Falls re-opened today, that is so exciting!! I really hope Strong Water Tavern will be open too. The girls and I would love to have some apps and a drink!

Great to hear they have opened again. You have a countdown to your upcoming trip also.

Aaaaaannnnnddddd the rain they was in the forecast has arrived. It is supposed to turn to wet snow tonight :sad::sad1::sad2::cold: I hope my lilac tree (where my lilac flowers are just starting to bud) will survive the cold. I think it will be too wet for the snow to stick...BUT it is not unusual for Mother Nature to throw us one last middle finger of snowfall :rotfl:

Snow...............a dirty 4 letter weather word especially in May. We have had a very cool May here.

We enjoy the outdoors and certainly did lots when Kyle was younger, but we were always teased for not "roughing it" and camping.......sleeping in a tent was never my idea of fun, as you said you can have fun without needing to do that.

LOL.......my idea of roughing it is a walk in the woods then returning to a 4 to 5 star hotel for a hot shower and a good meal.

That being said I will fully admit I have visited my younger sisters camp sites a few times and had a wonderful time.

Awesome. It’s almost here.

Sounds like you have what we call around here “barometric brain.” A shift in the barometric pressure can play havoc. The pollen has been terrible here this Spring too.

Stress fracture? They are painful for sure. Hope it feels better soon.

Thank you.

There is still quite a lot of work to do. I agreed to facilitate the transition of our 40+ reservations that are booked between now and mid August. I want to make sure all the guests are well taken care of with no troubles. In a perfect world, that will be finished before my trip to UO, so I have nothing to worry about.

Congratulations on the condos selling and the parking space. That is so very nice of you to follow through on the reservations already booked. I’am sure the renters will be happy to know you are taking care of them.

Going to the ophthalmologist this afternoon. I'm not a fan of anybody messing with my eyes. Hate the puff of air, hate the dilation. I couldn't get contact lenses, after repeatedly trying...since I won't even touch my own eyes, lol! So this is shaping up to be great fun...:crazy2:

I remember many years ago my sister and I were at the Ophthalmologist and I tried putting contacts in and it was hysterical. I just couldn’t do it. It was pretty comical. I gave up.

The day here started out cloudy and it rained a little and then the sun came out and it warmed up nicely into the 70’s.

I did my errands yesterday so all caught up with those. I had a letter and a few cards to post so that’s done too. Feels nice when things get done.

I found some catfish fillets at the store yesterday and made those this evening with some homemade tartar sauce, potato logs, salad and crescent rolls. It was a nice change. We haven’t had catfish for awhile.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the evening.

Nice evening sitting out at softball game. Buggy tho, seems early for that here already
Percentage our train is full? 10 percent as of now. We are not worried, as train has 2 seats per side. So no one will be seated next to us. Maybe across the aisle from us, at the most.
That sounds acceptable NYC coming back to life -yea!
DD and had our nails done today. Well, she had 9 done!
Did u get a one finger’d discount? JK
That went fast, nice it all worked out so smoothly
I didn`t tell you how Kyle hurt his back?? Yes, landed on fresh air......lol......and er, yes, we did walk
No, now two here laid low by a mechanical bull. What are those odds? I can just imagine you hearing he was hurt and trying to process the odd circumstances
I did have on my "posh crocs" lol......so not ideal for long walks, but did ok as it didn`t touch the dressing still on. It was warm and sunny and could have walked longer but think Tom was thinking I`d done enough....he was probably right.
Was cut off earlier but your family really needs to duct tape you to a chair for some rest lol All kidding aside, great to hear you felt well enough to take a walk
We don’t have those. Do you know if WDW sells them? I don’t know if I can find them locally before we leave.
They do but bit pricey, cute as I saw blue ones with with Mickey ears. Have also seen at various drug stores, Dicks sporting & WM in the past. I grabbed mine on Amazon. Have had them deliver stuff to WDW hotels same day delivery the few times we didn’t rent a car & via reg service
Not sure, I was so taken aback never thot to have her expand on it. Same foot has had multiple issues over the years. She said this is not unexpected development. Should heal up in 6 weeks, if not an MRI next step. my brain shut down then lalala I can’t hear you

the pandemic has made it difficult in not being able to have a support person in exam room. Good to have that extra set of ears at times Things still very tight here in medical facilities as to limited people in waiting rooms etc

Does seem odd to be doing PT while it’s still in the boot healing. Going to ask the therapist next week to expand on the rationale there
I found some catfish fillets at the store yesterday and made those this evening with some homemade tartar sauce, potato logs, salad and crescent rolls. It was a nice change. We haven’t had catfish for awhile.
Did u fry them? I’ve never had catfish. Grew up where when if they were caught in river, the ugly things were cut lose. River too polluted then to eat any bottom feeders. It has just stuck with me over the years even tho I know they are sold farmed. one day I’ll get brave & try it

Good Wednesday evening Sans family :wave:

Sitting in my favorite spot looking out the window and glancing at the Dis.

Thank you.

Thank you Mac for your lovely wishes for granddaughters upcoming wedding in June.

I enjoyed doing the shower and decorations.

Thank you Carole. Mariah and I have always enjoyed visiting Tiffany at Mall at Millenia for a few trinkets on our vacations to Universal. You actually played a big part in that you know. You shared your information on your trip report about Mall at Millenia and we have been going there every since. We do so enjoy shopping at the Mall there. They have the nicest shops, but Tiffany is our favorite.

She is such a sweetheart and very thoughtful. Thank you for your lovely comments about her.

So good Kyle enjoys cooking. He sounds like he is such a wonderful son. I bet his friends enjoyed coming there for all your goodies. You are a great cook. You always talk about the yummy food you prepare.

Thank you. She really liked her shower.

Sending lots of get well wishes to your daughter. At least you know what the damage is and now it’s time to allow the healing to begin.

I do like a small piece of chocolate now and then. I always like to see how some people come up with creative ways to use it in desserts.

Great to hear they have opened again. You have a countdown to your upcoming trip also.

Snow...............a dirty 4 letter weather word especially in May. We have had a very cool May here.

LOL.......my idea of roughing it is a walk in the woods then returning to a 4 to 5 star hotel for a hot shower and a good meal.

That being said I will fully admit I have visited my younger sisters camp sites a few times and had a wonderful time.

Awesome. It’s almost here.

Sounds like you have what we call around here “barometric brain.” A shift in the barometric pressure can play havoc. The pollen has been terrible here this Spring too.

Thank you.

Congratulations on the condos selling and the parking space. That is so very nice of you to follow through on the reservations already booked. I’am sure the renters will be happy to know you are taking care of them.

I remember many years ago my sister and I were at the Ophthalmologist and I tried putting contacts in and it was hysterical. I just couldn’t do it. It was pretty comical. I gave up.

The day here started out cloudy and it rained a little and then the sun came out and it warmed up nicely into the 70’s.

I did my errands yesterday so all caught up with those. I had a letter and a few cards to post so that’s done too. Feels nice when things get done.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the evening.

I love Mall at Millenia, and yes Tiffany is one of the nicest stores. I have to say even the one in NY was as friendly when we went to that one when it was my birthday/anniversary trip.......they do look after you. But, I`m glad to hear you have enjoyed going there too. And again, the shower looked stunning.

Yes, having a family who cook is one of the many reasons I`ll never be slim!! But, didn`t want him to grow up not being able to cook properly and only throwing frozen food in the oven for dinner.

Camping....hmm....yes, I told Tom when I met him the only stars I would sleep under were 5 Stars......lol.....thankfully he agreed too!! It does look fun and many tell wonderful family stories about camping days, but no, fills me with dread even thinking about it. I could do one of those huge static chalet type places that have all conveniences including full bathroom..but apparently that`s not camping...:duck:

I`m glad you`re having some time to relax now, and letter writing is nice. So many don`t do it today. I only have a couple of aunts and uncles that I write to, and they are diminishing sadly, but it`s going to be a lost art soon.

Nice evening sitting out at softball game. Buggy tho, seems early for that here already

That sounds acceptable NYC coming back to life -yea!

Did u get a one finger’d discount? JK

That went fast, nice it all worked out so smoothly

No, now two here laid low by a mechanical bull. What are those odds? I can just imagine you hearing he was hurt and trying to process the odd circumstances

Was cut off earlier but your family really needs to duct tape you to a chair for some rest lol All kidding aside, great to hear you felt well enough to take a walk

They do but bit pricey, cute as I saw blue ones with with Mickey ears. Have also seen at various drug stores, Dicks sporting & WM in the past. I grabbed mine on Amazon. Have had them deliver stuff to WDW hotels same day delivery the few times we didn’t rent a car & via reg service

Not sure, I was so taken aback never thot to have her expand on it. Same foot has had multiple issues over the years. She said this is not unexpected development. Should heal up in 6 weeks, if not an MRI next step. my brain shut down then lalala I can’t hear you

the pandemic has made it difficult in not being able to have a support person in exam room. Good to have that extra set of ears at times Things still very tight here in medical facilities as to limited people in waiting rooms etc

Does seem odd to be doing PT while it’s still in the boot healing. Going to ask the therapist next week to expand on the rationale there

Did u fry them? I’ve never had catfish. Grew up where when if they were caught in river, the ugly things were cut lose. River too polluted then to eat any bottom feeders. It has just stuck with me over the years even tho I know they are sold farmed. one day I’ll get brave & try it

lol.....might not need that duct tape today, rain and high winds forecast for this afternoon, although we could get out this morning........:duck:We probably will manage a similar walk today as no adverse reaction last night apart from a slightly painful hip where I`m compensating with weight bearing.....that`ll pass too.

Yes, it was the weirdest way to injure yourself. His physio couldn`t work out why he wasn`t getting better, so sent him for an MRI and that`s where they say he needed surgery. Most nerve wracking time of our lives, and all just weeks before he started his first year at University. He`s completely fine though.

I tried catfish once.......not for me. I also think (dumb I know) the name puts me off it. Considering I like every other fish I was surprised, can`t remember if Tom liked it or not, it was a good few years ago.

Take it easy on your foot too......::yes::

Hard to imagine the rain is forecast as it`s gorgeous out there this morning. I went out to put some phat bombs in the bird feeder closest to the house and it was warm-ish for 6am.

So, grocery shop day. I`m considering whether to go with Tom despite my worries of someone accidentally hitting my foot. But if I pushed the trolley (cart) I`d avoid that. Or do we leave it and go for a walk before the rain hits.....that`s my big decision for this morning. We don`t really need a lot today apart from fresh veg and salad that we`ll pick up from the big farm place nearby.

Scrambled eggs on an English muffin this morning. And going to make cornbread later to go with pulled pork for dinner, we all love that dish with a few potato wedges and salad.....carb overload here, although ot many wedges are ever eaten as the cornbread is always demolished! One of the nicest cornbreads I have ever eaten was at 4Rivers bbq place in Winter Park......goodness I could have eaten just 4 portions of that!

But, time to get ready and decide what we`re doing today.....

Thursday again........

cv8-M.jpg

cv20-S.jpg

:rotfl:

cv43-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Thursday :flower1:

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday Schumi.

Ah yes, a day to be thirsty for sure. All ready 59 degrees out. And while a beautiful sunny start, that full day of sun will not be. Clouds will be around to make it your choice, partly cloudy (the right choice) or partly sunny. And the weather heat pump is on. 86 degrees it will be this afternoon. And so, with both kids having no work today, both will be at the pool. Sister said it’s up to 71 degrees, on Monday, so with her pool’s solar cover, it should be at least that temp by mid day. Eh, even with a cooler dip, I’m sure you won’t be shivering too much when you get out.

And so oatmeal breakfast, as no cookies left. And yeah, tea even iced it as feels warm enough inside, a hotter drink not as interesting.

A terrific Thirsty Thursday homies. And yay 2 day countdown for Charade. Woot to leaving at the end of this week!

Another quick good morning. Today is my last day of work until June.

I haven't eaten catfish in literally decades. I didn't like it as a kid, but haven't tried it again since becoming an adult.

I ordered some from Amazon that should arrive on Friday. Fingers crossed.

I love Mall at Millenia, and yes Tiffany is one of the nicest stores. I have to say even the one in NY was as friendly when we went to that one when it was my birthday/anniversary trip...
When I visited NYC I wanted to go to Tiffany and stare in the window like Audrey Hepburn. Unfortunately I never made it over there.

Camping....hmm....yes, I told Tom when I met him the only stars I would sleep under were 5 Stars......lol.....thankfully he agreed too!! It does look fun and many tell wonderful family stories about camping days, but no, fills me with dread even thinking about it. I could do one of those huge static chalet type places that have all conveniences including full bathroom..but apparently that`s not camping..
No camping for me either. I have to have electricity and indoor plumbing.

And yay 2 day countdown for Charade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter