Something About Nothing............ #14

The memes have been spot on here lately LOL

Carole - glad Tom got a good giggle. Your caramel chicken recipe was a big hit here, thanks for sharing.

Congrats to him!

That stinks. I must live under a rock, had no idea until I received an message from dr’s office that those of us that had the one-shot shingles vaccine are now expected to start anew with a “do over” of two shots???

First one didn’t go well for me, pooled in my arm, was rather uncomfortable. Was going to schedule the replacement series of two...now, 2nd guessing that after hearing your DH was laid low. Ugh. Was it flu-like symptoms?

Hopefully, once he is cleared will go ahead with the covid vaccine. Maybe he would better accept the one dose J&J?

Sounds lovely

I`m glad you liked it. I think I`ll follow your choice of no five spice next time, cinammon sounds a good alternative as Tom isn`t as keen on five spice as I am.....never thought of doing it that way :thumbsup2

I dreaded my second shot as I had reactions with shot #1
Covid arm started day after I had the injection

I did fine with shot #2, no bad reaction, just a brief soreness

Never had the shingles shot or flu shots

Flu shots aren`t a general thing over here, hardly anyone I know has one unless they have an issue or are older. And it`s never been offered to Tom or I. And I know even less folks that have had a shingles shot....actually no one. I get my 2nd shot in a couple of weeks, Tom a few days later, hoping for no adverse reactions from it. I got very sleepy for the 1st.....Tom had no reaction whatsoever I`m glad to say.

After another thundery/torrential rain afternoon that we had again yesterday, woke up to more sunshine and some nice temps ahead for the day.....it`s beginning to feel like May now.

No walking again today, but more shopping.......and some of the regular phone calls, although I think some are doing ok and now they can see others it might cease. There are a few who do have no one at all, so I expect to keep calling them.

Must get our ESTA`s up to date too. They expired last month as they only last two years before needing renewed. One of those jobs I keep saying I need to do.

Keisha has made me want my caramel chicken again tonight, but will wait a few days I think as I cooked beef in red wine overnight for tonight`s meal. Went downstairs for some water around 3am and the smell was delicious. So that`s dinner sorted for tonight. Lunch is turkey sandwiches with salad and breakfast...who knows yet, still too early.

i-PdqjgVg-S.gif

i-hP4fn64-S.gif

cv82-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday :)

11CE1620-C737-4EBE-B76A-A65F19832CD5.jpeg

Ah yes, a Wednesday is here. Smile indeed, as camel knows, it’s the middle of the week, so get over that hump of a day, and yay, so you will also smile two days from now. Why? That fabulous Friday smile. Woot! Wonderful Wednesday homies.

Yay for Schumi doing more shopping this morning, and yay, Mac received her second shot with another sore arm effect.

Hope Schumi’s shopping was successful and Mac’s arm is not sore today.

For some time now, the flu shot has been available. Mostly suggested for the elderly or those with conditions that not getting the flu would be best. DH got his a month before his virus shots. He could have gotten the virus shot at the same time, but they advised he wait what was 5 weeks later. I have not had the flu shot yet, though having the flu years ago now, when I’m a bit older, I will probably want it. That flu virus I had knocked me out for three days and took a good week after that to feel better. Why I am going to get my second virus shot next week. I too had a very sore arm, but it only lasted two days, and was a bit tender for a day after that. I’m hoping no effects from the second shot, but if another sore arm is the only side effect, I’m fine with that. I already know how it feels.

And another yay. The weather has agreed to give us perfect Spring days. Today, tomorrow and Saturday, all those days will be a sun packed full day of sun, with 70 to 74 degrees the highs, and today, that 70 degree high. That deserves a Woot! Woot! Woot!

But no matter, it’s still 45 degrees out, but with a clear sky seeing that very bright and yellows on the East horizon at sunrise was a good reason to smile. And dressed with shorts on. I assume it will surely be above 60 by my lunchtime walk. But for now, tea for me, and another hunt for breakfast food. I made oatmeal yesterday, and think some was left over. If still in the fridge, will have that.

Later homies. Will repeat, wonderful Wednesday and a Good Morning to you. 😊

Quick good morning. Yesterday felt like a Saturday to me. I had to remind myself that I needed to go to work today.

Yesterday afternoon I realized that I was getting low on gas. By the time I made it to the pump that only had premium left. I consider myself lucky that I was able to get that. I saw pictures of Facebook of people filling multiple gas
cans.

Gotta run, but the count down is now at:

Lynne you were close on dates for me but it was over 3 + months when I had the second one and close to painless

If boosters are needed, that will happen in September for me
We are not going to break any weather records today
Cold and rainy and Mr Sunshine will be way south of us

Crazy weather in my area this year.

Can’t complain as no snow ...

charade, I’ll be staying in the house today as did not get the car gassed up
No idea who near me still has gas

Due to have rain soon... again
Rain means lawn mowing twice in a week

Hope all the homies are doing great today!

I decided to post early this morning in case there was bacon

Keisha has made me want my caramel chicken again tonight, but will wait a few days I think as I cooked beef in red wine overnight for tonight`s meal.
Fancy stuffs, yum! I’m happy to have the leftovers today.
Smile indeed, as camel knows
they do look as though they know some good dirt, or sand.
saw pictures of Facebook of people filling multiple gas
I just happen to get my gas at SAMS at it’s the closest site to my home and it’s discounted. Tank was at 1/4 yesterday after the drive to airport, forgot to fill up beforehand.

Middle of the afternoon, usually dead, nope. Waited 20 minutes. Once i neared the head of the line watched two separate people (man & a woman i’d Estimate to be in late 60’s, early 70’s) pop their SUV gates & proceed to fill up multiple 5 gallon gas cans.

All the while the attendant was aimlessly walking around,smiling & shooting the bull with them and others. If, and I stress if, there is/will be a shortage, why would a large corporate entity not limit the amount of gas each person could purchase?

She who lives in a glass house and still has toilet paper on hand from last year probably shouldn’t throw stones :duck:, but a pox on those who are hoarding said gas:rolleyes1. Prices here haven’t raised yet, sure to happen with the rush

If boosters are needed, that will happen in September for me
We are not going to break any weather records today
Cold and rainy and Mr Sunshine will be way south of us
He’s been here since Monday but it still lingered in the low 50’s with a frost last night. Supposed to hit 60 today, yea.

Have to find my boots & go out to remove all the coverings we put down on the garden plants.

Assume it was the birds who used my strawberry patch as a buffet while I was gone, grrr. Grabbed netting and will have the mr rig that up today.

Hehe little one filled 2 cars. Glad to hear B will be home now, Charade. Safe travels back, and enjoy that family dinner out tonight.

Ah yes, one college kid actually working today, as yay, did get that job he’d rather have. And one kid now moving and ready for the day, and wants the keys to make a Starbucks run. Sigh. Those days of sleeping late. Nah, I tend to be up early from an early age.

Taco Tuesday indeed. Though doubt we will have tacos as we did tacos yesterday, well quesadillas again, but steak ones, as was easy to use the left over steak from our steak dinner this weekend. I’m in that no idea what dinner will be, as pan fried some chicken and added some tomatoes and a sad looking green pepper was my lunch. Little one missed both breakfast and lunch, though I think that Starbucks run may also be a food pick up too, to remedy those meal misses. And I packed older one a lunch, as he is not to be home until dinner time. DH ate the rest of the chicken mixture, but I doubt little one would have wanted it anyway. Older one would have eaten it, if he was home. So maybe pasta or burgers. If I do burgers have to pick up some fresh ground beef. None left from burgers the other day. Will see if an idea is said closer to dinner time.

And walk was nice. A little cool with shorts on, and still bright enough out, shades were needed. Thinking of making some hot chocolate. Not exactly cool feeling, but it sounds good.

Hope all are having a most pleasant afternoon.
I should get my quesadilla maker out. Haven't made them in ages... steak ones are extra good!

Lynne.....yes, had a very succesful shopping trip thanks. And stores aren`t as busy during the week which is why we tend to shop then. Gld you enjoyed your daily walk.....

Charade.....good countdown picture......and must be lovely to have your daughter home again.

Pumpkin........it is such a shame a whole range of age groups are missing out on so much that should happen for them......sad times.

yes, I love doing our rooms up. Tom looks on in wonderment as I stroll through my ideas and what I`ll change in every aspect.......it`s the one time he says I`m like a whirlwind......but so much fun! Hope you had a great day.......

Keisha that does sound a lovely idea......will certainly feel like a celebration for them.....such massive changes to what they should be doing.......yes, I think the family will be glad you`re home too....

Tom says thanks 😉 after he had a good old laugh.......

Lori....it was gorgeous.....very drinkable......I keep having to remind myself I don`t like gin......lol.....

You did have a lovely weekend! Sounds wonderful......always nice to celebrate......and you have colder weather than we do today!! Very unusual.......

Did manage to get a fair few items today. Had to order some chest of drawers that`ll take about 3 months, but the guy who makes them is busier than ever and his work is excellent. He did our kitchen table and it`s worth the wait. We`re in no particular rush for them. Won`t be decorating this side of the summer.

Beautiful morning, warm and sunny which was lovely, even had no jacket on today....then after lunch.......torrential rain and more thunderstorms.......what the heck is going on with the weather. We had a downpour that would rival the 3 o clock storms in Orlando......and it`s still raining now. Just not as heavy.

So, no cooking outside tonight, so I made a moussaka which I haven`t made for a while, but it was lovely. Tom isn`t overly fond of aubergines (eggplant) but will eat it in that dish. Just did some salad to go with it.

Cup of tea time and a toasted cherry scone.......
I've never made or eaten moussaka. I need to expand my horizons a bit!

The memes have been spot on here lately LOL

Carole - glad Tom got a good giggle. Your caramel chicken recipe was a big hit here, thanks for sharing.

Congrats to him!

That stinks. I must live under a rock, had no idea until I received an message from dr’s office that those of us that had the one-shot shingles vaccine are now expected to start anew with a “do over” of two shots???

First one didn’t go well for me, pooled in my arm, was rather uncomfortable. Was going to schedule the replacement series of two...now, 2nd guessing that after hearing your DH was laid low. Ugh. Was it flu-like symptoms?

Hopefully, once he is cleared will go ahead with the covid vaccine. Maybe he would better accept the one dose J&J?

Sounds lovely
DH had never received a shingles shot previously, so his was the 2 shot series. But I've heard that people have been recommended to 'start over'. He was freezing cold, had a fever, achy, no appetite. So basically flu-like symptoms. Came on quickly and lasted a couple days.

I dreaded my second shot as I had reactions with shot #1
Covid arm started day after I had the injection

I did fine with shot #2, no bad reaction, just a brief soreness

Never had the shingles shot or flu shots
Flu shot was easy, sometimes no arm soreness.
Never had shingles shot, I'm still considered 'too young'
I had moderately sore arm with both Covid shots, but no other effects thankfully.

I`m glad you liked it. I think I`ll follow your choice of no five spice next time, cinammon sounds a good alternative as Tom isn`t as keen on five spice as I am.....never thought of doing it that way :thumbsup2

Flu shots aren`t a general thing over here, hardly anyone I know has one unless they have an issue or are older. And it`s never been offered to Tom or I. And I know even less folks that have had a shingles shot....actually no one. I get my 2nd shot in a couple of weeks, Tom a few days later, hoping for no adverse reactions from it. I got very sleepy for the 1st.....Tom had no reaction whatsoever I`m glad to say.

After another thundery/torrential rain afternoon that we had again yesterday, woke up to more sunshine and some nice temps ahead for the day.....it`s beginning to feel like May now.

No walking again today, but more shopping.......and some of the regular phone calls, although I think some are doing ok and now they can see others it might cease. There are a few who do have no one at all, so I expect to keep calling them.

Must get our ESTA`s up to date too. They expired last month as they only last two years before needing renewed. One of those jobs I keep saying I need to do.

Keisha has made me want my caramel chicken again tonight, but will wait a few days I think as I cooked beef in red wine overnight for tonight`s meal. Went downstairs for some water around 3am and the smell was delicious. So that`s dinner sorted for tonight. Lunch is turkey sandwiches with salad and breakfast...who knows yet, still too early.

i-PdqjgVg-S.gif

i-hP4fn64-S.gif

cv82-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday :)
Caramel chicken? I had to read that 3 times!! I've never heard of it.....interesting indeed!!

View attachment 574578

Ah yes, a Wednesday is here. Smile indeed, as camel knows, it’s the middle of the week, so get over that hump of a day, and yay, so you will also smile two days from now. Why? That fabulous Friday smile. Woot! Wonderful Wednesday homies.

Yay for Schumi doing more shopping this morning, and yay, Mac received her second shot with another sore arm effect.

Hope Schumi’s shopping was successful and Mac’s arm is not sore today.

For some time now, the flu shot has been available. Mostly suggested for the elderly or those with conditions that not getting the flu would be best. DH got his a month before his virus shots. He could have gotten the virus shot at the same time, but they advised he wait what was 5 weeks later. I have not had the flu shot yet, though having the flu years ago now, when I’m a bit older, I will probably want it. That flu virus I had knocked me out for three days and took a good week after that to feel better. Why I am going to get my second virus shot next week. I too had a very sore arm, but it only lasted two days, and was a bit tender for a day after that. I’m hoping no effects from the second shot, but if another sore arm is the only side effect, I’m fine with that. I already know how it feels.

And another yay. The weather has agreed to give us perfect Spring days. Today, tomorrow and Saturday, all those days will be a sun packed full day of sun, with 70 to 74 degrees the highs, and today, that 70 degree high. That deserves a Woot! Woot! Woot!

But no matter, it’s still 45 degrees out, but with a clear sky seeing that very bright and yellows on the East horizon at sunrise was a good reason to smile. And dressed with shorts on. I assume it will surely be above 60 by my lunchtime walk. But for now, tea for me, and another hunt for breakfast food. I made oatmeal yesterday, and think some was left over. If still in the fridge, will have that.

Later homies. Will repeat, wonderful Wednesday and a Good Morning to you. 😊
Love your hump day posts, Lynne! Sun is shining today, certainly going to be a great day !

Quick good morning. Yesterday felt like a Saturday to me. I had to remind myself that I needed to go to work today.

Yesterday afternoon I realized that I was getting low on gas. By the time I made it to the pump that only had premium left. I consider myself lucky that I was able to get that. I saw pictures of Facebook of people filling multiple gas
cans.

Gotta run, but the count down is now at:

View attachment 574598
You are just about to the single digit dance!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Officially hit the teens on my own countdown--19 days to go!

I really need to get my back in order and quickly! I tweaked it somehow and it's been giving me lots of trouble. I had to take some time off from the gym and visit the chiropractor way more than usual for me.
I'm heading back to the chiro shortly this morning, and after will walk the dogs. Walking certainly seems to help keep me from getting tight....and it's a bonus for the doggos too!!

Need to be in tip top shape to keep up with those young girls at the parks!
I love the colors (and especially the Xmas decorations) of this area...

Lynne.....glad you`re enjoying some nicer spring weather. And yes, maybe one day if I`m offered the flu jab i`ll take it. But, so far it`s not been offered. And yes, another succesful shopping morning.

Charade......that`s the perfect 10!!!

mac...you are having some crazy weather right now.....you usually have the best of the bunch. once it starts you`ll be melting.......

Sorry....no bacon today.....gorgeous turkey sandwichs though....and weirdly some fresh crab as a little taster.....bought some fresh this morning, so will be having a little appetiser tonight too......lush!!

keisha....looking forward to dinner tonight and going to do the chilli caramel for tomorrow night`s meal....

lol...we still have some from last year too...the joys of a bulk buy place. And weirdly I still have loads of fabric softener???

We in the UK had the joy of having had the frostiest April on record....yep, it was indeed.

Lori.....I`ve sent you the recipe :thumbsup2

Moussaka is lovely, not everyone likes lamb mince though, but we do. Yes, never seen anyone mention it on here. Not a huge fan of Greek food in general, there are a few things I`ll make and we enjoy, but I do like that dish a lot.

Good luck with the physio on the old back, and another good countdown to see on here.....::yes::

Yep, had a good wander round a few places this morning and got some of the things we wanted. Although someone who shall remain nameless, decided we needed another tv for the kitchen. Nothing wrong with the one that`s there and I really don`t watch it very often......but this one is "newer" lol........but, I didn`t argue. I don`t even want to count the tv`s in this house!! And I very rarely watch any of them......

Gorgeous sunny morning, but dull again this afternoon, it`s so dull now I don`t feel as bad serving up a winter warmer dish of Beef in red wine tonight in what should be spring like foods now....but doing mashed potatoes and roast carrots. Will be ready for it later.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. We had a great time in Orlando. It was so nice to get away and enjoy the warm temps The week started out hot hot hot but cooled off to comfortable temps by the end of the week. We enjoyed time in all the UOR parks and at RPR. I love the walk between the resort and CityWalk. It is so nice. I think we only took the boat twice.

I had booked a standard room about two months or so ago and kept checking to see if there was any openings for pool view or club level but I never saw anything so when we checked in I asked if anything was available and both pool view and Club were so we upgraded to Club. Moral of the story, don't rely on the website for room availability. Always ask.

We stayed on the 7th floor with a view of the pavilion. There was no housekeeping available due to COVID precautions so we had to text housekeeping when we needed additional towels, which we were absolutely fine with. The club access was nice to have for drinks, snacks etc. but I was a little disappointed in the very limited food selections. Not at all like it was pre-covid. I think we will stick to regular rooms until club level service returns to normal (which hopefully will be soon). The lounge attendants were fantastic as usual and always made us feel welcome. That goes for all the RPR staff too.

We were able to ride all the rides we wanted, including Hagrid's and the new Velocicoaster. They opened it up Velocicoaster to the public on May 6, I think. Could have been the 5th. We waited about an hour to ride it. It was an awesome ride. Very smooth and fast. Queue theme was very cool and the locker set up is awesome. The lockers are located close to where you board the ride and you exit on the backside of the lockers so very easy access and little congestion around the lockers. I hope they use this new design on any new rides. Much better than the set up for MIB or Hulk. I am glad we got a chance to ride it before we left but sadly, I did lose my expensive sunglasses on the ride. I forgot I had them on my head and just put them in my shorts pocket when I got on the ride. I think they went flying out of my pocket when I came out of my seat while on the ride. That night we went to the surf shop in City Walk and DH bought me a new pair for Mother's Day but I was still upset with myself for not putting the original pair in the locker in the first place. Hard and expensive lesson to learn.

We upgraded to APs so fingers crossed we will be back in the fall. Hopefully all the restrictions will be gone by then. The Florida sun was great and we all came back with a little color which was my personal goal :)

I was supposed to have my 2nd Covid shot this past Monday but I forgot I took off and had scheduled it at a location close by to work so I rescheduled it to this coming Monday so I can just go on my lunch break.

Came home to a gas shortage....well not really a shortage but a result of gas hoarding. Luckily, I stopped by the one and only gas station on my way to work yesterday and was able to top off my tank with no wait. That should get me through 8-10 days and things should be back to normal by then.

Dreary day here. Low 60s and cloudy with a little rain. Hope everyone has a good day.

Yay Cam had a great time. Sorry to hear loss of sunglasses. Check with Universal’s Lost and Found, letting you know where and when lost sunglasses. They do sweep rides for lost items, so maybe a call or email would hopefully get your lost glasses back. I’ll send mummy dust and cross fingers that they find and return, so that glasses are back in your hands soon.

Was a gorgeous lunchtime walk. Bluest skies, sun out, very bright out, and just warm enough not too sweaty after the walk. So enjoy seeing all the green and flower and tree colors out now. I think DH needs to mow our grass, as with the rains and warmer weather, lawn mowing now heard more routinely. Ah, that means Summer is certainly getting closer. Woot! I most enjoy when it’s hot out.

Hope all are having a great afternoon. And here, older one made a bacon and egg and cheese toasted sandwich for us for breakfast. While it was later, I’ll say it was my brunch, as did have the little bit of left over oatmeal that was indeed still not eaten. At least it’s gone, so will decide what for breakfast tomorrow. And ready for thirsty Thursday, as after walk, I made some iced coffee. Not feeling hot tea, but will most likely have tea before and after dinner. But the iced coffee hit the spot as was too warm after walk. So yay! Coffee and tea day.

:wave2: Wanted to make a quick stop in!!!

Went for a walk last night. did my longer loop of just over 5K. It felt good to get out and walk. My lungs didn't hurt as much last night....so that made me extremely happy. I'm slowly getting caught up at work. By the end of day today, I should be all caught up. Had a bunch of hicups yesterday along with some shiny squirrel syndrome. tossed into the mix as well :laughing:

We had a version of ground turkey tacos for supper last night. I came up with my own recipe for a spicy taco that we had from a meal box (if that makes sense) . It was a hit. everyone liked it. Even the youngest ds kept some of the left overs to whip up a taco for him to have for lunch today. Tonight the family is on their own for supper. I picked up an extra shift at the second job. I don't mind stepping in when needed - as long as it doesn't interfere with any plans I already had.

I'm sure you are glad B is home now. I have seen hews reports of the gas shortage/hording situation. I hope that get's sorted out soon. Great countdown picture!!!!!

I really need to get my back in order and quickly! I tweaked it somehow and it's been giving me lots of trouble. I had to take some time off from the gym and visit the chiropractor way more than usual for me.
I'm heading back to the chiro shortly this morning, and after will walk the dogs. Walking certainly seems to help keep me from getting tight....and it's a bonus for the doggos too!!
I hope you get your back sorted quickly. That is one of the things I don't handle well. I hope it improves quickly
Yep, had a good wander round a few places this morning and got some of the things we wanted. Although someone who shall remain nameless, decided we needed another tv for the kitchen. Nothing wrong with the one that`s there and I really don`t watch it very often......but this one is "newer" lol........but, I didn`t argue. I don`t even want to count the tv`s in this house!! And I very rarely watch any of them......
It sounds like our enjoying your time now that your restrictions are lifting and your out and about more. Enjoy it!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well. We had a great time in Orlando. It was so nice to get away and enjoy the warm temps The week started out hot hot hot but cooled off to comfortable temps by the end of the week. We enjoyed time in all the UOR parks and at RPR. I love the walk between the resort and CityWalk. It is so nice. I think we only took the boat twice.
It sounds like you had a great time!!!!

Well...I should run and do some actual work again. I just wanted to pop in and say Hi.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Glad you are feeling better Pumpkin. Ah, nothing like family having to make own meal. Though have to say, both my kids know how to cook and bake. Good that picking up more work, as hope that means more vacation time.

Yay Cam had a great time. Sorry to hear loss of sunglasses. Check with Universal’s Lost and Found, letting you know where and when lost sunglasses. They do sweep rides for lost items, so maybe a call or email would hopefully get your lost glasses back. I’ll send mummy dust and cross fingers that they find and return, so that glasses are back in your hands soon.

Great idea! I just called and their automated system directed me to a website where I submitted an inquiry. They are probably at the bottom of the lagoon but hey, it is worth a try.

Cam.....glad you had such a lovely trip and enjoyed everything. Yes, shame about the sunglasses.....but if they can find them they will get back to you.

And very happy to hear you enjoyed the new coaster......yes, the locker system looks very good. And welcome home ::yes::

Pumpkin........it`s good to hear you`re doing better and feeling better.....must feel wonderful after feeling so odd with the lung pain.

Yes, I`m loving being out and about now, and stores aren`t too busy which is nice. Hope you have a great day and don`t work too hard....

I`m so full after dinner....it was delicious and clean plates all round. Made up some nice chewy meringues with some fresh fruit and cream for dessert, not very healthy but could have been worse.

I do like the new tv in the kitchen, it`s kind of set within the brick part of the wall where I do most of my prep work, so I`m happy it doesn`t clutter up anything and no wires showing.....I hate clutter.

Beautiful evening here......hoping spring has sprung......the fields are full of lambs which are lovely to see, but seeing them makes me think of some lovely lamb dishes on the plates soon.....😉

Not much work getting done....but I am watching many youtube videos of inclusive resorts in Mexico lol. DH was talking about hoping to feel safe enough to book one without having stupid restrictions upon our return back into Canada.

I just want to have a couple of places picked out so we can decide from there.

Who am I kidding...I'm just wanting to daydream :lmao:

Good that picking up more work, as hope that means more vacation time.
Yup...that's exactly what it means. I have kept the job partly as security....as with covid, we had zero idea how our jobs wold fare. But now, every time I work a shift, I remind myself it's another x amount of dollars that goes into our travel fund. If I keep working until the end of the year, There should be enough for at least 2 get aways for DH and I, plus one get away for the 4 of us to Disney/Universal. At this point, that's the only thing that keeps me going back to it.

Good evening. A busy and slightly crazy day at work. Oops, I shouldn't use that word. After work I went searching for shorts agin. Apparently if you are a larger woman in my city you aren't supposed to be buying shorts. The selection is horrible unless i want to get denim shorts or short shorts. No one wants to see me in those. I finally found a few pair that should work.

I decided to post early this morning in case there was bacon
I'm having bacon tonight. Come on over.

I just happen to get my gas at SAMS at it’s the closest site to my home and it’s discounted. Tank was at 1/4 yesterday after the drive to airport, forgot to fill up beforehand.

Middle of the afternoon, usually dead, nope. Waited 20 minutes. Once i neared the head of the line watched two separate people (man & a woman i’d Estimate to be in late 60’s, early 70’s) pop their SUV gates & proceed to fill up multiple 5 gallon gas cans.

All the while the attendant was aimlessly walking around,smiling & shooting the bull with them and others. If, and I stress if, there is/will be a shortage, why would a large corporate entity not limit the amount of gas each person could purchase?

She who lives in a glass house and still has toilet paper on hand from last year probably shouldn’t throw stones :duck:, but a pox on those who are hoarding said gas:rolleyes1. Prices here haven’t raised yet, sure to happen with the rush
I've seen lots of pictures of people filling several cans. I don't understand why the gas stations weren't putting limits on it. I am still using TP purchased last year, but I don't see that as the same thing. Since most places were limiting to 1 pack of TP per purchase, I just bought the largest pack available whenever I saw that a store had some.

Yay! Getting close.

, I did lose my expensive sunglasses on the ride. I forgot I had them on my head and just put them in my shorts pocket when I got on the ride. I think they went flying out of my pocket when I came out of my seat while on the ride.
Oh no. I hope you can get them back. We once went to the beach and dh was wearing his brand new, prescription sunglasses. You can see where this is going. He went into the ocean and was hit by a large wave. Good bye expensive prescription sunglasses. Glad to hear the rest of the trip went well though.

We upgraded to APs so fingers crossed we will be back in the fall. Hopefully all the restrictions will be gone by then.
Maybe the beginning of October?

Check with Universal’s Lost and Found, letting you know where and when lost sunglasses. They do sweep rides for lost items, so maybe a call or email would hopefully get your lost glasses back. I’ll send mummy dust and cross fingers that they find and return, so that glasses are back in your hands soon.
Good idea. I was able to get my lost hat back at Disneyland. Hopefully Universal will find her glasses.

Went for a walk last night. did my longer loop of just over 5K. It felt good to get out and walk. My lungs didn't hurt as much last night....
Great to hear. Hope you continue to feel better.

We are having a late supper tonight after dh gets back from his martial arts class. I am cooking a hash brown casserole and it smells so good.

One more night of frost forecast. I went with old sheets this time for the plants as fresh out of newspaper lol

DH had never received a shingles shot previously, so his was the 2 shot series. But I've heard that people have been recommended to 'start over'. He was freezing cold, had a fever, achy, no appetite. So basically flu-like symptoms. Came on quickly and lasted a couple days
Yuck that’s a nasty reaction in my book
keisha....looking forward to dinner tonight and going to do the chilli caramel for tomorrow night`s meal....
You’ve started a craze! Jr requested we bring Burger King in our way to his house. Couldn’t resist. Should have it was cold Will
Let u know if it holds up as leftovers tomorrow
asked if anything was available and both pool view and Club were so we upgraded to Club. Moral of the story, don't rely on the website for room availability. Always ask.
Good advice
I did lose my expensive sunglasses on the ride. I forgot I had them on my head and just put them in my shorts pocket when I got on the ride. I think they went flying out of my pocket when I came out of my seat while on the ride.
That had to be frustrating
Was a gorgeous lunchtime walk. Bluest skies, sun out,
Nice change from all the rain.
along with some shiny squirrel syndrome. tossed into the mix as well :laughing:
Shiny squirrel syndrome??? I’m intrigued
but I am watching many youtube videos of inclusive resorts in Mexico lol
Ck out the Valentin imperial, loved it! So relaxing & quiet

Charade, yes, finding appropriate shorts can be difficult. I sometimes see larger sizes but no way in heck would they suit a larger frame.....short shorts are ok if you have a lovely figure and are under a certain age shall we say......lol......glad you found something though.

mac.......bacon at the weekend :thumbsup2

Keisha.....more frost?? Surely not......old sheets will work just fine I guess. Hope there`s no wind or there`ll be reports of spooks around!

Yes, hope it was just as nice second day.....we`ve always eaten the lot first time round......we`re a little greedy with that dish......:flower:

Thirsty Thursday indeed.

Another beautiful morning here, sun has already been up for ages.........I did wake around 3am, and yes, it wasn`t completely dark then, and the birds are starting to chirp just before that first light.....you get used to it though.

Today is grocery shop day.......I don`t think we need that much, some store cupboard items and cleaning products are top of my list.

Boris announced yesterday masks won`t be required in stores and offices from June 21st which was a surprising announcement. I think most expected masks to still be needed, but looks like they won`t be. Social distancing to be removed too but masks are still expected to be worn in places like public transport. I quite like wearing the mask in some places for various reasons. Mostly from people who don`t cover their mouths correctly when coughing or sneezing, or don`t bother to cover it at all.......I don`t know anyone who has had a common cold for over a year now.

Caramel chilli chicken tonight for dinner.......will need to get some fish sauce as I`ve run out of that and will decide later for lunch.

i-5kvWCfs-S.gif

cv58-S.jpg

cv8-S.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter