Something About Nothing............ #14

Lovely gift Charade.....very apt after all the Scooby chatter......

And definitely 13 days to go....... ::yes:: Nice Jason image.

Still a lovely evening here.

No dinner tonight at all for us, still full from brunch....but have had a few pots of tea with a scone or two.....that`s enough for today.

TV night ahead, watching a favourite tv series from 2007ish......

Time got away from me and just now checking the sans

Sounds like many of you been having a great day!
Yay

I made an executive decision and told Mr Mac it’s pizza for dinner tonight
We have skipped it a few weeks along with Taco Bell
and time to get back our usually food schedule

Welcome back Janet ... where ever you are as know you returned back home last night.

Wishing all the ladies a happy Mother’s Day!

B3D99F8E-534E-4F6C-B80F-22478B04FBF3.jpeg
Hope you gals all had a lovely mommy’s day today!

Ordered 2 dozen wings for dinner with two of my boys. Apparently, there is a chicken shortage now? Was shocked to get coins back in change from a $50 bill lol. Some lovely white corn on cob, watermelon & donuts made all happy.

Nice tribute this year :). Beautiful floral arrangement & promise of dinner from youngest, amazon GC from the middle. Oldest DS at the GD’s state competition in Easton this weekend. Found a nice disney box on my doorstop when we came home. A backpack I had commented on last time there with GD. Can’t believe she remembered.

Best part of my day...
28BE6EB9-AFF2-4927-A9D0-E303D45C7A44.jpeg
She won first in her level/age group for her floor. Came in 8th in vault. :yay: Felt bad for my DS, they only permitted one parent to observe, at least they did live stream it.

PS it was as tho U flipped a switch yesterday...

No more skipping a row in the shows, are still skipping two seats between parties,

in ride vehicle rows, loading multiple groups...no empty seats now. That one I wasn’t thrilled with TBH.

On all rides to speak of, on ET, we were sat into a ‘bike’ with a man in his 50’s who had to be prompted to pull his mask up by staff while in line & loading, multiple times. Off we went, the mask chucked down below his chin before we got to the police car. :sad2:

There’s those kind of people that just want to be selfish and not follow rules, Keisha. Hate that the man was not wearing his mask. Yeah, was nice when I had train car to myself, and in many ways, sorry to see that distance between parties go away. I see it in my grocery stores. No one following any 6 or 3 feet between parties any more. I’m not fond of people too close to me, mask or no mask.

Did have a nice day, weather not so nice. Cool and rainy, and still cool and rainy this evening.

Trash out at the curb, alarm set, last of my tea almost finished. Bed early for me, as that back to the week day routine after that lovely 3 day weekend. May have to do another one of those before the holiday one at the end of the month.

Hope all the moms had a wonderful Sunday, and cute shirt gifted to Charade. Kids made me dinner via air fryer. Chicken nuggets and fries. Cesar salad and dinner served. Little one did pick up a mini fruit tart for me, and it was delicious with my after dinner tea. And also so nice was she also bought me a lego flowers kit, as we all know I cannot have live flowers or plants in my house due to older one’s allergies. She thought I’d like to display it in my office when I go back. I may try to construct them this coming weekend. They look neat as shown on the box. She said the lego store guy told her that was best in a tall narrow vase. So will look for a cheap one of those this coming weekend too, as if I will be displaying in my office, no need for fancy or expensive vase.

And so, as my day ends, may all have enjoyable dreams, and the soundest of sleeps. Oh, and leave a light on, as no stubbed toed homies.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone here 💐

I was hoping to get in all weekend, but I was busy all weekend.

Went into work on Friday, as my manager ( who completes the daily paperwork I need to submit while I'm away) had no childcare for Friday. He was in and out all week due to me being gone and no childcare. So I came back to quite a mess. I'll have another 2 - 3 days of work to get caught up. But at least I have work!!!

Busy weekend, did a short shift yesterday at the second job, then did our weekly shopping. I did it all yesterday so that I wouldn't have to move all day today!!!!

Mother's day was different. Last year the kids came to visit with the grandbaby. This year it was a video chat. She was happily showing us her new dance moves and her new books. Dh and the boys made bbq steak for supper. Any meal that I don't have to make or clean up from....is GREAT!!!! Had warm brownies and ice cream for dessert.

The rest of the family is still on lockdown until Tuesday, so we didn't do anything else this weekend. Watched a few movies, went for a walk today. Lungs still hurt if I over do it...Hopefully that is not a long term side effect. My muscles wanted me to turn it up a notch and walk like I was before, but my lungs said " nope" .

Well, I should get going. I'll leave a light on for those who can't sleep or are coming in early!!!!

So glad you left the light on
I must be a moth as that light got my attention and I came back to post
And of course to say hi to youse

It might take you a tad longer to heal up
Said a prayer your lungs will clear and no damage done.
It has to have been hard for you in recovery

Very gentle hugs for you

Time got away from me and just now checking the sans

Sounds like many of you been having a great day!
Yay

I made an executive decision and told Mr Mac it’s pizza for dinner tonight
We have skipped it a few weeks along with Taco Bell
and time to get back our usually food schedule

Welcome back Janet ... where ever you are as know you returned back home last night.

Wishing all the ladies a happy Mother’s Day!

Pizza is always a good decision mac......I`m sure he was happy too with that choice for dinner!

Yes, good to have our Keisha back........

So good to see you post again.........hope you had a lovely Mother`s Day too....... :flower3:

View attachment 574166
Hope you gals all had a lovely mommy’s day today!

Ordered 2 dozen wings for dinner with two of my boys. Apparently, there is a chicken shortage now? Was shocked to get coins back in change from a $50 bill lol. Some lovely white corn on cob, watermelon & donuts made all happy.

Nice tribute this year :). Beautiful floral arrangement & promise of dinner from youngest, amazon GC from the middle. Oldest DS at the GD’s state competition in Easton this weekend. Found a nice disney box on my doorstop when we came home. A backpack I had commented on last time there with GD. Can’t believe she remembered.

Best part of my day...
View attachment 574167
She won first in her level/age group for her floor. Came in 8th in vault. :yay: Felt bad for my DS, they only permitted one parent to observe, at least they did live stream it.

PS it was as tho U flipped a switch yesterday...

No more skipping a row in the shows, are still skipping two seats between parties,

in ride vehicle rows, loading multiple groups...no empty seats now. That one I wasn’t thrilled with TBH.

On all rides to speak of, on ET, we were sat into a ‘bike’ with a man in his 50’s who had to be prompted to pull his mask up by staff while in line & loading, multiple times. Off we went, the mask chucked down below his chin before we got to the police car. :sad2:

Love the picture of Granddaughter Janet......she is fabulous!! And huge congratulations to her......yes, glad they live streamed it so other family could see it too. And lovely gifts too for you......like the the backpack gift, she is a little star for sure ::yes::

Does sound like a change in plans at the parks with ride vehicles......

Food sounds so good.....never heard of white corn on the cob. I can`t eat any corn but intruiged by white......and hope you get more chicken around you. I keep saying how lucky we are over here to have had no shortages of anything once we passed the elusive toilet paper and pasta panic of the early days of this pandemic.

Good to have you back and glad your trip was so fabulous!

There’s those kind of people that just want to be selfish and not follow rules, Keisha. Hate that the man was not wearing his mask. Yeah, was nice when I had train car to myself, and in many ways, sorry to see that distance between parties go away. I see it in my grocery stores. No one following any 6 or 3 feet between parties any more. I’m not fond of people too close to me, mask or no mask.

Did have a nice day, weather not so nice. Cool and rainy, and still cool and rainy this evening.

Trash out at the curb, alarm set, last of my tea almost finished. Bed early for me, as that back to the week day routine after that lovely 3 day weekend. May have to do another one of those before the holiday one at the end of the month.

Hope all the moms had a wonderful Sunday, and cute shirt gifted to Charade. Kids made me dinner via air fryer. Chicken nuggets and fries. Cesar salad and dinner served. Little one did pick up a mini fruit tart for me, and it was delicious with my after dinner tea. And also so nice was she also bought me a lego flowers kit, as we all know I cannot have live flowers or plants in my house due to older one’s allergies. She thought I’d like to display it in my office when I go back. I may try to construct them this coming weekend. They look neat as shown on the box. She said the lego store guy told her that was best in a tall narrow vase. So will look for a cheap one of those this coming weekend too, as if I will be displaying in my office, no need for fancy or expensive vase.

And so, as my day ends, may all have enjoyable dreams, and the soundest of sleeps. Oh, and leave a light on, as no stubbed toed homies.

I think over here we are excellent at the mask compliance, but keeping distance in stores is becoming a thing of the past, even with staff. No one waits till you`re clear of picking something off a shelf now, they stretch past you same as before. Where, even a few months back, most people would be courteous and wait.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone here 💐

I was hoping to get in all weekend, but I was busy all weekend.

Went into work on Friday, as my manager ( who completes the daily paperwork I need to submit while I'm away) had no childcare for Friday. He was in and out all week due to me being gone and no childcare. So I came back to quite a mess. I'll have another 2 - 3 days of work to get caught up. But at least I have work!!!

Busy weekend, did a short shift yesterday at the second job, then did our weekly shopping. I did it all yesterday so that I wouldn't have to move all day today!!!!

Mother's day was different. Last year the kids came to visit with the grandbaby. This year it was a video chat. She was happily showing us her new dance moves and her new books. Dh and the boys made bbq steak for supper. Any meal that I don't have to make or clean up from....is GREAT!!!! Had warm brownies and ice cream for dessert.

The rest of the family is still on lockdown until Tuesday, so we didn't do anything else this weekend. Watched a few movies, went for a walk today. Lungs still hurt if I over do it...Hopefully that is not a long term side effect. My muscles wanted me to turn it up a notch and walk like I was before, but my lungs said " nope" .

Well, I should get going. I'll leave a light on for those who can't sleep or are coming in early!!!!

Food sounds lovely Pumpkin......glad you enjoyed it and yes, not making it yourself is always nice now and again. And sounds like a lovely video chat with the family.....

Hope the lungs clear up soon too. That`s a worry for sure longer term. Hopefully you`ll clear up nicely. I was shocked to read a few weeks ago of folks not getting taste or smell back months and months after they lost them. I was lucky, I lost taste and smell for around 10 days last March but they both came back. I had no idea though some were still not getting those senses back after all those months.

Yes, don`t work too hard and take the time to relax when you need to......

Hope cam is having a blast in Orlando and another big shout out to our mate Tink1957.....Vicki we miss you posting........:wave2:

Monday again......

Going to be decent for us today, up to 62F and right now before 7 it`s warmer outside than it reached any day recently......it`ll be much nicer to walk in that instead of the 40`s and low 50`s we`ve had some days recently. Frostiest April on record for us and it felt it some days. Hoping May will be nicer than that.

So, a walk this morning, then I have my eye test this afternoon......always a joy when they do the glaucoma check and blow air in your eyes.......I`m a lot of fun to administer that to! Think that part takes longer than all the other tests altogether.

Since we`re in town, will wander around and maybe shop a little if we see anything we fancy. They have little deli`s dotted around so we usually pick a few things up. I could be doing with some more platinum cleaner, so will pop into a jewellers for some of that too.

As I had no dinner last night, I`m definitely in need of breakfast this morning.....will be poached eggs I think. Will think about food later.....

Boris is making his usual "roadmap" announcement later....one of the things we will now allowed to do is hug each other......don`t think many of us have stopped doing that with friends to be honest. But, we can now hopefully go inside other folks homes, with limits still in place and stay overnight....similar things like that and cinemas opening up, not that we ever got here anyway. We`ll see what he has to say.

We all want our book group to be able to meet back up in person again, there are too many of us for the rules right now, but hopefully soon......we`re all keen to get that properly back up and running again, it`s not the same over zoom. Might be June before that happens, which is only next month.

i-TB9Rdgx-S.gif

cv60-S.jpg

cv65%20%282%29-Th.jpg

cv68-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful happy Monday ::yes::

Ugh, that Monday morning feeling. And no sun to see at sunrise. Still not 50 degrees yet, but weather guy said we will indeed see the sun later today. Yeah, and a cool and rainy start does not make that sun news any better. But if those pesky rain clouds go somewhere else, will happily don my sunglasses, and maybe a jacket too on my lunchtime walk. Pants were worn yesterday. While high was to be 55, I didn’t see the thermometer go past 50 at any part of the day. And it was wet most of the day too. So hope those rain clouds do depart soon.

With the rainy and cool start, no birds chirping or cooing. Guess all hunkering down trying not to be wet.

And so, hot tea for me. And with a big enough dinner and dessert last night, thinking oatmeal for breakfast.

So, sending mummy dust well wishes to Pumpkin, as hope your lungs heal completely soon. And hope you’re work goes well.

Hope your Mother’s Day was good Sue. Glad to see your post. Don’t be a stranger.

Keisha yay, for GD doing so well in gymnastics. Great pictures too.

Schumi, always enjoy your daily posts, and this Monday’s funny were fun. Hope you did get that walk in, big breakfast, and breakfast tea drank this morning. I’m sure Boris’s announcement will be in the news here. Most of our restrictions, except for mask wearing, will expire in our state, but not in the City, at the end of this month. I kinda feel like most has gone now anyway, but for seeing some entry lines for small stores. Actually had to wait to enter a store on Friday.

Time for tea refill and oatmeal to make.

A hearty Good Morning homies, and may all have a Marvelous Monday.

Woot! Like your countdown, Charade. Will be here soon enough.

Ooh much brighter out. Not sunny out yet, but all I hear is neighbor banging something metal sounding and the trash trucks are done, so told the kids time to roll them back for refill.

And they need to do an errand for me, and since not much to eat, supposedly, guess they will do some grocery shopping too. Both are up, but need to see if beds have been vacated yet. I doubt it. One nice thing about in person teleworking.

On lunch break now. Today has been busy. I’m trying to get as much done as I can. I will be taking part of tomorrow off to help B move out of the dorm.

Nice Jason image.
Thanks. I thought you would approve.

Hi everyone I just want to take a moment to wish all SANS moms a Happy Mother’s Day
Hi Bobbie. I will be down your way soon.

Ordered 2 dozen wings for dinner with two of my boys. Apparently, there is a chicken shortage now?
Chicken shortage? Good grief. What next?

On all rides to speak of, on ET, we were sat into a ‘bike’ with a man in his 50’s who had to be prompted to pull his mask up by staff while in line & loading, multiple times. Off we went, the mask chucked down below his chin before we got to the police car.
Too bad we’re not allowed to carry small bottles of disinfectant and spray the offenders with it.

And also so nice was she also bought me a lego flowers kit,
I didn’t know they made those. I’ll have to look. I don’t keep any plants in my house because I would probably kill them.

Happy Mother’s Day! 🌺
Good to see you Sue.

Dh and the boys made bbq steak for supper. Any meal that I don't have to make or clean up from....is GREAT!!!! Had warm brownies and ice cream for dessert.
Always better when someone else does all the work.

Lungs still hurt if I over do it...Hopefully that is not a long term side effect. My muscles wanted me to turn it up a notch and walk like I was before, but my lungs said " nope" .
Hoping your lungs clear up soon and no lasting damage.

I think over here we are excellent at the mask compliance, but keeping distance in stores is becoming a thing of the past, even with staff. No one waits till you`re clear of picking something off a shelf now, they stretch past you same as before. Where, even a few months back, most people would be courteous and wait.
We have been pretty bad at distancing here too. Will be interesting to see how it is at Disney.

My goodies :). Will be sporting that mini backpack today when I go to GD softball game to show appreciation but, pretty sure people would think me stark-raving mad if using in RL lol.
7A693A55-B9D6-4E0E-BB73-4378620505E3.jpeg8858F3A4-7541-4503-874D-0BF28D258628.jpegB9E546F3-5485-42CC-9771-A8C724F76D7E.jpeg
I’m enjoying Charades inventive countdown. Don’t tempt me re bringing along Lysol lol. Afraid it would go off in my luggage, TSA would not be amused. I do carry a larger bottle of hand sanitizer in bookbag & have it hand inspected at airport.

I’m not fond of people too close to me, mask or no mask.
Add me to that club! Main reason I just haven’t been able to bring myself to get a mani pedi, too much sustained touching by strangers. Hair, I’m good tho, go figure lol
And also so nice was she also bought me a lego flowers kit, as we all know I cannot have live flowers or plants in my house due to older one’s allergies. She thought I’d like to display it in my office when I go back. I may try to construct them this coming weekend. They look neat as shown on the box
Oh, cool, never heard of that lego set. You must post when finished with it.
Dh and the boys made bbq steak for supper. Any meal that I don't have to make or clean up from....is GREAT!!!! Had warm brownies and ice cream for dessert.
Yum, haven’t had that dessert in ages. Don’t think i’ve Ever had BBQ steak or do u mean prepared on the outdoor gas grill?
You are a trooper
And lovely gifts too for you......like the the backpack gift, she is a little star for sure ::yes::
Thank you, can’t wait to take her down to FL in July
Food sounds so good.....never heard of white corn on the cob. I can`t eat any corn but intruiged by white.....
There’s several varieties sold here...the white is the best, then the mixed yellow & white. All yellow we call ‘horse corn’:rolleyes1 Not exactly feed corn for livestock but, close in my book. I rarely will buy that variety
So, a walk this morning, then I have my eye test this afternoon......always a joy when they do the glaucoma check and blow air in your eyes.......I`m a lot of fun to administer that to! Think that part takes longer than all the other tests altogether.
Never fond of that test either. If you ‘graduate’ to pre-glaucoma (knock on wood you don’t!), they eliminate that one & sub in a variety of other tests
Boris is making his usual "roadmap" announcement later....one of the things we will now allowed to do is hug each other......don`t think many of us have stopped doing that with friends to be honest. But, we can now hopefully go inside other folks homes, with limits still in place and stay overnight....similar things like that and cinemas opening up, not that we ever got here anyway. We`ll see what he has to say.
I
Good luck...is it me or has he been going on & on during those last few announcements? Hard to decipher as we just get bips & bobs on the BBC channel here, like to flip thru along with the other news stations during the day.

Thanks for the welcome back 💕 from you all. Pumpkin I hope you continue to improve. A friend in NY was telling me she got some kind of Antibody treatment when she got Covid recently and was over in 2 days!

I had a very nice Mother’s Day. Here in British Columbia we are restricted to travel do no traveling outside our health authority. Lucky for us, our fave Moms Day getaway, Harrison Hot Springs is within our boundaries so we had our getaway. Lovely weekend with my daughters. And we stopped at our fav dairy farm to pick up some cheese they make. Yum.

I have a Uni reservation for Hard Rock early Oct. only a short trip (a week) because I must be home for our Canadian Thanksgiving. Meeting up with my California friends but they are staying a few days longer. I’m feeling more hopeful that our border will open and travel will be possible again by October. We should have had our second shots by summer. Fingers crossed. When I’m sure I’ll be able to travel I was thinking I’d add a few days and go to Deerfield Beach but checked rental car prices and they’re crazy expensive. So maybe add a couple of Uni days and arrive earlier. All up in the air right now!

Last edited:
Ooh Sue, I hope you can travel in October. And yay, for a nice Mother’s Day you had.

Well, lunch walk was not rainy nor sunny. And pants still being worn, and sorta needed the shades. No jacket though. But that light wind felt cool. I hope the noon news weather guy is right, and nicer days are ahead in his 7 day forecast.

Hope all are having a good Monday.

Thanks Lynne! Hope you had a nice walk. It’s just noon here now.
Add me to the club, of not liking people too close. I can’t remember the last time I had a mani-pedi. And changed haircut and colour to style that can last longer between visits.

Keisha those bags are adorable! And nice flowers 💐

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter