Something About Nothing............ #14

Hello to all. MIA with some new challenges here I won’t moan about but oh my I think we are quite “nice” people and currently feeling like how much more can we take.

DIL has asked us to join them for brunch shortly in order to get us thinking of something else bless her. She had to have a scan on Monday after a small blip but all found to be well so that was a huge positive. Still outside and undercover seating but cooler today so will be big coats!

Great to hear Pumpkin is getting some fresh air and improving. Hope all others with illness or injuries are healing well.

We had the flu vaccination last winter for the first time. Had no side effects at all. Not aware of the shingles one here but I have had shingles years ago. We both have our second Covid vaccination tomorrow.

Schumi I’ve never heard of a toasted scone! Sounds like you are getting out round the stores. I’m not ready for that yet but I know we need to get out more eventually. Just the odd meal out to get us started.

Well we must get out now so hope all have a good day.

Ah a hearty good morning to Schumi and Julie.

Back to my hot tea, as while not as cool as Keisha, 43 degrees out, it is a tad cool feeling, as was outside for a peak to see that sunrise give us glorious sunshine to start our day. And while a tad cool start, afternoons will be 70 again. Woot! Shorts on, sunglasses at the ready.

Ooh, interesting no masks, Schumi. Here, while most, but not all going to be lifted, there has been repeated that masks still required. Yes, they said with the masks and restrictions, the normal percentage of flu and cold virus numbers this season, were down significantly. I hope with as we go to no masks, people still stay further away, and wash hands more frequently.

Julie, nice to hear from you. Yay, for second shot tomorrow. I’m next week, as are the kids too. Hope no reactions for you both.

And so, thirsty I am, so sipping my tea this Thursday. And very ready to have what feels like a long week, over.

A terrific Thirsty Thursday, homies. Throw back a drink, and give a cheer. You can now say, tomorrow is Friday. Yay!

Happy Thursday. Almost the weekend for me.

We almost had a disaster last night. We were eating supper when I noticed smoke coming from the top of the stove. One of my brilliant family members had left a potholder on top of a hot burner. Thankfully no damage was done, except I need to get a new potholder.

One more night of frost forecast. I went with old sheets this time for the plants as fresh out of newspaper lol
The weather has been crazy. I heard there were snow flurries in part of VA.

Charade, yes, finding appropriate shorts can be difficult. I sometimes see larger sizes but no way in heck would they suit a larger frame.....short shorts are ok if you have a lovely figure and are under a certain age shall we say......lol......glad you found something though.
I am a firm believer in just because they make it in my size does not mean I should wear it. I passed on the shorty shorts and the ones with holes in them.

Boris announced yesterday masks won`t be required in stores and offices from June 21st which was a surprising announcement.
I think we are having restrictions lifted on June 14. I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately.

We both have our second Covid vaccination tomorrow.
Good luck. Hoping for no unpleasant side effects.

Today we are in single digits.

Ooh good you caught the burning pot holder before any other damage, Charade. Yeah, smelling smoke in my kitchen had me buy a new toaster awhile ago. Yay for single digit countdown now.

Gloriously sunny out. And more tea for me. Lovely Spring feeling day. Clear skies means jacket in morning and at evening, none needed by later in the morning. And ack, with a very early start, just around 9 am and I’m thinking close to lunch. LoL

real....never had a toasted scone? Similar to toasted teacake. Only visiting selected stores, not ones like Marks and Spencer or grocery stores that always seem to be busy.

Lynne.....I think masks will still be expected in some places, public transport and hospitals apparently.........never use public transport so don`t need to worry about that. Hope your day gets better and enjoy that walk.

Charade, yes completely agree, some clothes they make in plus sizes are completely innapropriate for most folks, never mind larger ladies......yes, it seems lots of areas are reducing restrictions....hopefully the Indian variant won`t cause any issues and delay us opening everything back up.

Single digits!!!

Got our shopping done, for all that it was, we really didn`t need much.....took a list and still came home without some things!

But, very weird fog had rolled in, it was warm and sunny and then we drove along the coast a bit and it was like something out of the movies and car showed outside temp drop about 6 degrees in seconds. Came back here and nothing, but, it`s looking a little mistier now, but sunshine is up there.

Friend with the dog who hates my dining room popped round this afternoon for a cuppa with puppy Poppy. We sat outside with the dining room doors open, but she wouldn`t go in that way at all, just stared in the room not looking happy at all.......lol.....happily went in the kitchen though as those doors were open too.......very weird dog. But so cute.

Feels like a long day today, which is lovely as days just fly past.

Couple of hours till dinner.......another cuppa time I think.

14B0C559-F45A-4C84-B9E3-2A3067D0A3CF.jpeg

going to be good day if it kills me :)

Keisha.....more frost?? Surely not......old sheets will work just fine I guess. Hope there`s no wind or there`ll be reports of spooks around!
They are slowly starting to tear downthe hoarder’s house across the street. I expect a disturbance in the force, house always gave me
I don`t know anyone who has had a common cold for over a year now.
Same. Although, i do wonder if self-isolating people were just afraid to mention they felt ill for fear they’d be branded covid

A terrific Thirsty Thursday, homies.
It’s been a thirsty tea Thursday f
One of my brilliant family members had left a potholder on top of a hot burner. Thankfully no damage was done, except I need to get a new potholder.
Oh my gosh
But, very weird fog had rolled in, it was warm and sunny and then we drove along the coast a bit and it was like something out of the movies and car showed outside temp drop about 6 degrees in seconds. Came back here and nothing, but, it`s looking a little mistier now, but sunshine is up there.
Something delightfully creepy about a fog. We tend to get them mostly below us, blanketing the river valley in the early am

Hehe, puppies can be shy with new or places not comfortable in. Nice Poppy came to visit, Schumi.

Eww, hoarder’s house. Hope no critters escape from that house to your property. And yep, a tea day is today for sure, Keisha.

Almost screen viewing done, and lunchtime walk had me wanting to stay outside, it was that nice out.

And hope Charade found some more shorts. Seems going to be hot when in parks next week, so staying cool as good thing.

Shorts for me today. And yay, 75 degree the high for tomorrow’s temp. Perfect Friday I hope.

Making a quick stop in today :wave2:

Pretty much caught up at work finally. Took me a little longer than I thought it would. So now to keep on the same track keeping up with the regular routine of items to do during the day.

It is a beautiful day today. I took out some chicken. Thinking our meal tonight will be done on the grill outside. So I can enjoy the warmth and sunlight. Ran to check out some flowers over my lunch break. I have a couple of pots I want to fill with flowers. Not much...but I am needing to see a few pops of color from flowers.

Boris announced yesterday masks won`t be required in stores and offices from June 21st which was a surprising announcement. I think most expected masks to still be needed, but looks like they won`t be. Social distancing to be removed too but masks are still expected to be worn in places like public transport. I quite like wearing the mask in some places for various reasons. Mostly from people who don`t cover their mouths correctly when coughing or sneezing, or don`t bother to cover it at all.......I don`t know anyone who has had a common cold for over a year now.
That will be amazing if you can do that!!!! Insert rolling eye here as our PM has not even addressed anything as to when or even any hint of a plan for a return to normalcy :sad2: Sigh...just sigh. Just such incompetence. Oh well...onto other things.
I am sooooo excited for you :banana::banana::banana: That deserves the dancing bananas lol

Same. Although, i do wonder if self-isolating people were just afraid to mention they felt ill for fear they’d be branded covid
I will say yes....somewhat.

I do know that I usually get 2 colds a year. This past winter...NONE. And it wasn't because I was stuck at home and not going anywhere. I'm working, out in public everyday. I'm thinking partially due to masking, less people...and a WHOLE LOT more cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.

Well...off to shuffle a few more papers and answer a couple of emails. Hoping to fit a walk in tonight. We will see what happens.
Have a great day everyone!!!!!!

View attachment 574841

They are slowly starting to tear downthe hoarder’s house across the street. I expect a disturbance in the force, house always gave me

View attachment 574842

Oh my gosh

Something delightfully creepy about a fog. We tend to get them mostly below us, blanketing the river valley in the early am

I love Donald Sutherland in that movie!!! Creepy......yes, Tom sneezed today in the store......lol.....I gave him the crossed fingers as if he was a plague carrier.....

Yes, fog is quite wonderful and so atmospheric to be in or just to look at......not fun to drive in though......this coast can get it bad, it`s almost gone now though.....oh yes, you`ll be glad to see the back of that house.....lets hope it doesn`t release some evil force ala Poltergeist lol....

Hehe, puppies can be shy with new or places not comfortable in. Nice Poppy came to visit, Schumi.

Eww, hoarder’s house. Hope no critters escape from that house to your property. And yep, a tea day is today for sure, Keisha.

Almost screen viewing done, and lunchtime walk had me wanting to stay outside, it was that nice out.

And hope Charade found some more shorts. Seems going to be hot when in parks next week, so staying cool as good thing.

Shorts for me today. And yay, 75 degree the high for tomorrow’s temp. Perfect Friday I hope.

Oh she`s not strange or uncomfortable in our home, she has been many times, and first time she came in she went straight to the doors into the dining room and whimpered. Several times she has stared up on the wall and growled gently. I`ve never felt anything weird in there, although one time doing a zoom call from that room, one of my friends asked what the shadow was behind me......yikes!

Pumpkin......glad you`re having such lovely weather to be able to grill out tonight....and yes, lack of colds and germs can only be good. Hope folks keep up what really should be basic hygiene when this is easing.

Enjoy dinner tonight and hope you`re still feeling better......

Fog has mostly cleared, but it looks murky out there as if it`s going to rain. Sea is clear but woods behind us are still shrouded in an eerie mist that looks heavy now.

Watching some tv now, well a dvd......feet up and drinking a fizzy ginger beer with lime.....:)

Boris announced yesterday masks won`t be required in stores and offices from June 21st which was a surprising announcement. I think most expected masks to still be needed, but looks like they won`t be. Social distancing to be removed too but masks are still expected to be worn in places like public transport. I quite like wearing the mask in some places for various reasons. Mostly from people who don`t cover their mouths correctly when coughing or sneezing, or don`t bother to cover it at all.......I don`t know anyone who has had a common cold for over a year now.
With the CDC just announcing masks no longer being required in virtually all indoor and outdoor situations for fully vaccinated people here in the US, I have wonder how long it will take UO to drop the requirement. I would hope that they will not drag it out too long, as summer time in Orlando can be almost intolerable without a mask on. I cannot imagine what it will be like wearing one all the time in the parks.

I live in Georgia so used to the heat
Does not mean I love it, just used to it

Guess we all have to wait and see what Disney and UO decides for future uses of masks

The area where I live, very few wore the masks

My family chose to wear them and we are doing fine with the masks
I have gone twice to Orlando and wore the mask and it was doable for us.

I have no idea when the present guidelines will change and go into effect

Ah, then don’t know Schumi, just maybe it just senses something it does not like about that wall.

Yeah on news feed CDC’s new announcements on no masks most of the time. Though I can see private places making their own mask rules.

Ah, then don’t know Schumi, just maybe it just senses something it does not like about that wall.

Yeah on news feed CDC’s new announcements on no masks most of the time. Though I can see private places making their own mask rules.

I hear from everyone who has a dog that they have amazing senses, so I guess there is something. Doubt it`s the wall as she won`t go into the room at all. Not an issue for me at all......wouldn`t be scared if there was something.

My friend who passed away in 2016, months before she was diagnosed their dog was always rumbling and pawing at her tummy and whimpering to her, that dog knew she had cancer and was trying to tell her. Another lady told how her dog was constantly licking her head at the back, or trying to, and was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Dog senses are off the scale for sure.

With the CDC just announcing masks no longer being required in virtually all indoor and outdoor situations for fully vaccinated people here in the US, I have wonder how long it will take UO to drop the requirement. I would hope that they will not drag it out too long, as summer time in Orlando can be almost intolerable without a mask on. I cannot imagine what it will be like wearing one all the time in the parks.

No idea on that one.....hearing different opinions from different folks over there.

Gotta love the CB......new poster who claims to work for the Royal Family in the UK.....almost identical post a couple of months back claiming they worked for UOR in the UK and we could "ask them anything".......some funny folks around on boards at times......

Think it`ll be an early night for us again....looking forward to when it`s warm enough to sit outside late into the evening with a glass of wine....it`ll come.

Fancy stuffs, yum! I’m happy to have the leftovers today.

they do look as though they know some good dirt, or sand.

I just happen to get my gas at SAMS at it’s the closest site to my home and it’s discounted. Tank was at 1/4 yesterday after the drive to airport, forgot to fill up beforehand.

Middle of the afternoon, usually dead, nope. Waited 20 minutes. Once i neared the head of the line watched two separate people (man & a woman i’d Estimate to be in late 60’s, early 70’s) pop their SUV gates & proceed to fill up multiple 5 gallon gas cans.

All the while the attendant was aimlessly walking around,smiling & shooting the bull with them and others. If, and I stress if, there is/will be a shortage, why would a large corporate entity not limit the amount of gas each person could purchase?

She who lives in a glass house and still has toilet paper on hand from last year probably shouldn’t throw stones :duck:, but a pox on those who are hoarding said gas:rolleyes1. Prices here haven’t raised yet, sure to happen with the rush

He’s been here since Monday but it still lingered in the low 50’s with a frost last night. Supposed to hit 60 today, yea.

Have to find my boots & go out to remove all the coverings we put down on the garden plants.

Assume it was the birds who used my strawberry patch as a buffet while I was gone, grrr. Grabbed netting and will have the mr rig that up today.
We have been spared the great gas hoard of 2021! I saw some photos on tictok of folks putting gas in plastic bags!! If that's true, I kinda hope the bags opened up in the car on the way home.....no brains at all!!

Lynne.....glad you`re enjoying some nicer spring weather. And yes, maybe one day if I`m offered the flu jab i`ll take it. But, so far it`s not been offered. And yes, another succesful shopping morning.

Charade......that`s the perfect 10!!!

mac...you are having some crazy weather right now.....you usually have the best of the bunch. once it starts you`ll be melting.......

Sorry....no bacon today.....gorgeous turkey sandwichs though....and weirdly some fresh crab as a little taster.....bought some fresh this morning, so will be having a little appetiser tonight too......lush!!

keisha....looking forward to dinner tonight and going to do the chilli caramel for tomorrow night`s meal....

lol...we still have some from last year too...the joys of a bulk buy place. And weirdly I still have loads of fabric softener???

We in the UK had the joy of having had the frostiest April on record....yep, it was indeed.

Lori.....I`ve sent you the recipe :thumbsup2

Moussaka is lovely, not everyone likes lamb mince though, but we do. Yes, never seen anyone mention it on here. Not a huge fan of Greek food in general, there are a few things I`ll make and we enjoy, but I do like that dish a lot.

Good luck with the physio on the old back, and another good countdown to see on here.....::yes::

Yep, had a good wander round a few places this morning and got some of the things we wanted. Although someone who shall remain nameless, decided we needed another tv for the kitchen. Nothing wrong with the one that`s there and I really don`t watch it very often......but this one is "newer" lol........but, I didn`t argue. I don`t even want to count the tv`s in this house!! And I very rarely watch any of them......

Gorgeous sunny morning, but dull again this afternoon, it`s so dull now I don`t feel as bad serving up a winter warmer dish of Beef in red wine tonight in what should be spring like foods now....but doing mashed potatoes and roast carrots. Will be ready for it later.
Thank you for the recipe! I will give it a try soon!

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. We had a great time in Orlando. It was so nice to get away and enjoy the warm temps The week started out hot hot hot but cooled off to comfortable temps by the end of the week. We enjoyed time in all the UOR parks and at RPR. I love the walk between the resort and CityWalk. It is so nice. I think we only took the boat twice.

I had booked a standard room about two months or so ago and kept checking to see if there was any openings for pool view or club level but I never saw anything so when we checked in I asked if anything was available and both pool view and Club were so we upgraded to Club. Moral of the story, don't rely on the website for room availability. Always ask.

We stayed on the 7th floor with a view of the pavilion. There was no housekeeping available due to COVID precautions so we had to text housekeeping when we needed additional towels, which we were absolutely fine with. The club access was nice to have for drinks, snacks etc. but I was a little disappointed in the very limited food selections. Not at all like it was pre-covid. I think we will stick to regular rooms until club level service returns to normal (which hopefully will be soon). The lounge attendants were fantastic as usual and always made us feel welcome. That goes for all the RPR staff too.

We were able to ride all the rides we wanted, including Hagrid's and the new Velocicoaster. They opened it up Velocicoaster to the public on May 6, I think. Could have been the 5th. We waited about an hour to ride it. It was an awesome ride. Very smooth and fast. Queue theme was very cool and the locker set up is awesome. The lockers are located close to where you board the ride and you exit on the backside of the lockers so very easy access and little congestion around the lockers. I hope they use this new design on any new rides. Much better than the set up for MIB or Hulk. I am glad we got a chance to ride it before we left but sadly, I did lose my expensive sunglasses on the ride. I forgot I had them on my head and just put them in my shorts pocket when I got on the ride. I think they went flying out of my pocket when I came out of my seat while on the ride. That night we went to the surf shop in City Walk and DH bought me a new pair for Mother's Day but I was still upset with myself for not putting the original pair in the locker in the first place. Hard and expensive lesson to learn.

We upgraded to APs so fingers crossed we will be back in the fall. Hopefully all the restrictions will be gone by then. The Florida sun was great and we all came back with a little color which was my personal goal :)

I was supposed to have my 2nd Covid shot this past Monday but I forgot I took off and had scheduled it at a location close by to work so I rescheduled it to this coming Monday so I can just go on my lunch break.

Came home to a gas shortage....well not really a shortage but a result of gas hoarding. Luckily, I stopped by the one and only gas station on my way to work yesterday and was able to top off my tank with no wait. That should get me through 8-10 days and things should be back to normal by then.

Dreary day here. Low 60s and cloudy with a little rain. Hope everyone has a good day.
Yay for riding the Velocirapter coaster!!!!! Woot woot!
Hope your glasses will be found!

Yay Cam had a great time. Sorry to hear loss of sunglasses. Check with Universal’s Lost and Found, letting you know where and when lost sunglasses. They do sweep rides for lost items, so maybe a call or email would hopefully get your lost glasses back. I’ll send mummy dust and cross fingers that they find and return, so that glasses are back in your hands soon.

Was a gorgeous lunchtime walk. Bluest skies, sun out, very bright out, and just warm enough not too sweaty after the walk. So enjoy seeing all the green and flower and tree colors out now. I think DH needs to mow our grass, as with the rains and warmer weather, lawn mowing now heard more routinely. Ah, that means Summer is certainly getting closer. Woot! I most enjoy when it’s hot out.

Hope all are having a great afternoon. And here, older one made a bacon and egg and cheese toasted sandwich for us for breakfast. While it was later, I’ll say it was my brunch, as did have the little bit of left over oatmeal that was indeed still not eaten. At least it’s gone, so will decide what for breakfast tomorrow. And ready for thirsty Thursday, as after walk, I made some iced coffee. Not feeling hot tea, but will most likely have tea before and after dinner. But the iced coffee hit the spot as was too warm after walk. So yay! Coffee and tea day.
Ah....you had my attention at bacon!!

:wave2: Wanted to make a quick stop in!!!

Went for a walk last night. did my longer loop of just over 5K. It felt good to get out and walk. My lungs didn't hurt as much last night....so that made me extremely happy. I'm slowly getting caught up at work. By the end of day today, I should be all caught up. Had a bunch of hicups yesterday along with some shiny squirrel syndrome. tossed into the mix as well :laughing:

We had a version of ground turkey tacos for supper last night. I came up with my own recipe for a spicy taco that we had from a meal box (if that makes sense) . It was a hit. everyone liked it. Even the youngest ds kept some of the left overs to whip up a taco for him to have for lunch today. Tonight the family is on their own for supper. I picked up an extra shift at the second job. I don't mind stepping in when needed - as long as it doesn't interfere with any plans I already had.

I'm sure you are glad B is home now. I have seen hews reports of the gas shortage/hording situation. I hope that get's sorted out soon. Great countdown picture!!!!!

I hope you get your back sorted quickly. That is one of the things I don't handle well. I hope it improves quickly

It sounds like our enjoying your time now that your restrictions are lifting and your out and about more. Enjoy it!!!!!

It sounds like you had a great time!!!!

Well...I should run and do some actual work again. I just wanted to pop in and say Hi.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Glad you're continuing to get your strength back!
We prefer turkey meat in our tacos mostly. Sounds good!

Cam.....glad you had such a lovely trip and enjoyed everything. Yes, shame about the sunglasses.....but if they can find them they will get back to you.

And very happy to hear you enjoyed the new coaster......yes, the locker system looks very good. And welcome home ::yes::

Pumpkin........it`s good to hear you`re doing better and feeling better.....must feel wonderful after feeling so odd with the lung pain.

Yes, I`m loving being out and about now, and stores aren`t too busy which is nice. Hope you have a great day and don`t work too hard....

I`m so full after dinner....it was delicious and clean plates all round. Made up some nice chewy meringues with some fresh fruit and cream for dessert, not very healthy but could have been worse.

I do like the new tv in the kitchen, it`s kind of set within the brick part of the wall where I do most of my prep work, so I`m happy it doesn`t clutter up anything and no wires showing.....I hate clutter.

Beautiful evening here......hoping spring has sprung......the fields are full of lambs which are lovely to see, but seeing them makes me think of some lovely lamb dishes on the plates soon.....😉
Oh Carole, you have a great sense of humor! (last sentence) Sounds quite close to something DH would say, lol!

Good evening. A busy and slightly crazy day at work. Oops, I shouldn't use that word. After work I went searching for shorts agin. Apparently if you are a larger woman in my city you aren't supposed to be buying shorts. The selection is horrible unless i want to get denim shorts or short shorts. No one wants to see me in those. I finally found a few pair that should work.

I'm having bacon tonight. Come on over.

I've seen lots of pictures of people filling several cans. I don't understand why the gas stations weren't putting limits on it. I am still using TP purchased last year, but I don't see that as the same thing. Since most places were limiting to 1 pack of TP per purchase, I just bought the largest pack available whenever I saw that a store had some.

Yay! Getting close.

Oh no. I hope you can get them back. We once went to the beach and dh was wearing his brand new, prescription sunglasses. You can see where this is going. He went into the ocean and was hit by a large wave. Good bye expensive prescription sunglasses. Glad to hear the rest of the trip went well though.

Maybe the beginning of October?

Good idea. I was able to get my lost hat back at Disneyland. Hopefully Universal will find her glasses.

Great to hear. Hope you continue to feel better.

We are having a late supper tonight after dh gets back from his martial arts class. I am cooking a hash brown casserole and it smells so good.
I bought a few new things for our upcoming trip as well. It is always an agonizing process for me.

Charade, yes, finding appropriate shorts can be difficult. I sometimes see larger sizes but no way in heck would they suit a larger frame.....short shorts are ok if you have a lovely figure and are under a certain age shall we say......lol......glad you found something though.

mac.......bacon at the weekend :thumbsup2

Keisha.....more frost?? Surely not......old sheets will work just fine I guess. Hope there`s no wind or there`ll be reports of spooks around!

Yes, hope it was just as nice second day.....we`ve always eaten the lot first time round......we`re a little greedy with that dish......:flower:

Thirsty Thursday indeed.

Another beautiful morning here, sun has already been up for ages.........I did wake around 3am, and yes, it wasn`t completely dark then, and the birds are starting to chirp just before that first light.....you get used to it though.

Today is grocery shop day.......I don`t think we need that much, some store cupboard items and cleaning products are top of my list.

Caramel chilli chicken tonight for dinner.......will need to get some fish sauce as I`ve run out of that and will decide later for lunch.

i-5kvWCfs-S.gif

cv58-S.jpg

cv8-S.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday​
Not completely dark at 3am? Wow!
I'd be taping my room darkening shades around the trim of my windows, so not even a speck of light could enter....

Hello to all. MIA with some new challenges here I won’t moan about but oh my I think we are quite “nice” people and currently feeling like how much more can we take.

DIL has asked us to join them for brunch shortly in order to get us thinking of something else bless her. She had to have a scan on Monday after a small blip but all found to be well so that was a huge positive. Still outside and undercover seating but cooler today so will be big coats!

Great to hear Pumpkin is getting some fresh air and improving. Hope all others with illness or injuries are healing well.

We had the flu vaccination last winter for the first time. Had no side effects at all. Not aware of the shingles one here but I have had shingles years ago. We both have our second Covid vaccination tomorrow.

Schumi I’ve never heard of a toasted scone! Sounds like you are getting out round the stores. I’m not ready for that yet but I know we need to get out more eventually. Just the odd meal out to get us started.

Well we must get out now so hope all have a good day.
:grouphug: :flower3: Hoping things improve soon!!
Glad you were able to have a nice brunch!!

Ah a hearty good morning to Schumi and Julie.

Back to my hot tea, as while not as cool as Keisha, 43 degrees out, it is a tad cool feeling, as was outside for a peak to see that sunrise give us glorious sunshine to start our day. And while a tad cool start, afternoons will be 70 again. Woot! Shorts on, sunglasses at the ready.

Ooh, interesting no masks, Schumi. Here, while most, but not all going to be lifted, there has been repeated that masks still required. Yes, they said with the masks and restrictions, the normal percentage of flu and cold virus numbers this season, were down significantly. I hope with as we go to no masks, people still stay further away, and wash hands more frequently.

Julie, nice to hear from you. Yay, for second shot tomorrow. I’m next week, as are the kids too. Hope no reactions for you both.

And so, thirsty I am, so sipping my tea this Thursday. And very ready to have what feels like a long week, over.

A terrific Thirsty Thursday, homies. Throw back a drink, and give a cheer. You can now say, tomorrow is Friday. Yay!
Having that Thursday glass of wine currently, cheers!

Happy Thursday. Almost the weekend for me.

We almost had a disaster last night. We were eating supper when I noticed smoke coming from the top of the stove. One of my brilliant family members had left a potholder on top of a hot burner. Thankfully no damage was done, except I need to get a new potholder.

The weather has been crazy. I heard there were snow flurries in part of VA.

I am a firm believer in just because they make it in my size does not mean I should wear it. I passed on the shorty shorts and the ones with holes in them.

I think we are having restrictions lifted on June 14. I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately.

Good luck. Hoping for no unpleasant side effects.

View attachment 574783
Crisis averted, thankfully!
Love the 9 (lives)!

real....never had a toasted scone? Similar to toasted teacake. Only visiting selected stores, not ones like Marks and Spencer or grocery stores that always seem to be busy.

Lynne.....I think masks will still be expected in some places, public transport and hospitals apparently.........never use public transport so don`t need to worry about that. Hope your day gets better and enjoy that walk.

Charade, yes completely agree, some clothes they make in plus sizes are completely innapropriate for most folks, never mind larger ladies......yes, it seems lots of areas are reducing restrictions....hopefully the Indian variant won`t cause any issues and delay us opening everything back up.

Single digits!!!

Got our shopping done, for all that it was, we really didn`t need much.....took a list and still came home without some things!

Friend with the dog who hates my dining room popped round this afternoon for a cuppa with puppy Poppy. We sat outside with the dining room doors open, but she wouldn`t go in that way at all, just stared in the room not looking happy at all.......lol.....happily went in the kitchen though as those doors were open too.......very weird dog. But so cute.

Feels like a long day today, which is lovely as days just fly past.

Couple of hours till dinner.......another cuppa time I think.
Just love the name Poppy for a pup!

View attachment 574841

View attachment 574842

Oh my gosh

I hope that your day ended up being a good one Keisha!!!

Evening check in! Kitty and computer on my lap, glass of wine next to me. Dogs are both snoozing happily and the house is quiet. Nice way to wind down the day...

Had coffee this morning with a friend I hadn't seen in ages. We visited for 2.5 hours and it felt like only 30 minutes had passed. It was so nice to catch up, and we promised to not wait so long to see each other again.
I had a French Toast latte! OMG, it was so delish!!

The weather has improved greatly since the beginning of the week. I took the dogs for a walk and it was
68 degrees and sunny! Felt positively wonderful!!
When I got home, I took Strawberry outside for a bit too. She's an indoor cat, but does like to go out occasionally. It did the old gal some good to soak up some vitamin D!

DH had a golf lesson this morning, is watching golf on TV currently, and is playing 18 holes with some buddies tomorrow morning. When he's "in", he's "all in"!:rotfl2:

TGIF oh yeah, Paris. I’m ready for it. Drink sounded yummy too. Older one asked if heard about new Starbucks drink. Yeah, not sure if it sounds good or not. Enjoy a quiet house. No wine for me tonight, but last of tea was drank, and pajamas on now. One more up before the sunrise start, yay! So ready for the weekend.

Trying to catch up. Been busy here. We have been re-doing our deck. It’s off 2nd floor. Our old one had rotting floor boards and top rail was rotting too. Husbands friend talked him into doing it together 😬. I told him to just hire a company to do it. But he was swayed. So they did it and I knew he’d be hurting and broke down! Today was just the finishing stuff. I’ll stain it maybe at end of summer. I heard you have to let treated wood sit awhile before staining? Will have to look into it.

I saw corn topic! I can’t wait for our local corn to come in! It’s so good. Sweet and crispy. My fav is the peaches & cream. That’s the yellow and white. But we have very good all yellow too, called super sweet. Nothing like summer bbq & corn!

Schumi good to hear things are going well over there. Does Boris own a comb? Lol.
Here we are still at no indoor dining, gyms, etc. And no traveling outside health authority until Victoria Day, May 24 weekend. Numbers are dropping with the restrictions reinstated. And vaccines are going quite fast now, after earlier supply problems. I think we were getting from Belgium? My youngest had her appt on 19th. She’s 30. Soon they will start booking 18+. It was determined everyone would get 1st jab before they start booking 2nd.

Charade, only a short trip arriving Oct 2nd. My California friends didn’t consult with me, figuring I wouldn’t be able to travel to the US yet. So I have to leave early on 9th. I want to be home for our Thanksgiving on the 10th. Technically Thanksgiving is Monday Oct 11, but I’ve always had the dinner on the Sunday a habit from my working days. So I could relax Monday before going back to work. Doesn’t matter now, just a habit.

Keisha & Lynne I wish it was only a 2 hr flight! I fly Alaska it’s a 30 min commuter flight to Seatac then 5.5-6hr direct to MCO. I had flight credits so my flight to mco was only $75, would have been $412 😕 then $311 coming home. So yeah fares are creeping up. I figure once Canada travel opens it will be even higher.
Sometimes I make the 3 hr drive down to Seattle because flights are cheaper. But I’m going to be in a hurry to get home this trip.
Fingers crossed border will be open by Oct. we should be fully vaccinated by July I figure.

Pumpkin I bet your boys were happy to be sprung! Glad they were ok. Alberta is a mess I hear. Ugh.
I’m hoping we get our second jab by mid -late July. 🤞 Ive heard rumours of vaccine passport. But of course nothing official. Seems all the Provinces are at different stages
My daughter graduated with her Bachelors just as Covid started. She got a box in the mail with her degree, grad cap, balloons and chocolate lol. She didn’t care, more me that was let down.

J’amie Paris oooh that shingles shot sounds miserable. My friend got the first one and reacted so badly she couldn’t have the 2nd one. Sounds like good advice from pharmacist.

Schumi glad to hear weather is improving! We’ve had an odd spring here but it’s warming up nicely now.
Flu shots are common here. I have been getting one yearly for a few years. Ever since I had a bad flu, cracked 2 ribs from coughing and landed for a weeks hospital stay. On the news they were saying next year may be a doozy for flu since we didn’t have any this year so our immunity is low.

Charade sounds like we’re still on same sleeping schedule or lack of!
Sorry about the gas situation, that’s pretty scary that can happen. You’d think these big companies would have beefed up their security knowing other companies were hacked.

Cam thanks for the Trip update! Sounds great! And yay for getting to ride the Velocicoster! How scary was it? Lol. That coming out of your seat part sounds scary. I’d feel better with shoulder harness! We love RP too. But last few stays have been HRH. Walk is so short! And it’s usually only HRH guests using the security gate as Portofino guests generally take the boat.
I agree, I don’t think CL is worth it until things return to normal.

Pumpkin glad your lungs are better. 5k pretty good! I need to get out and walk more now that deck is done.
What part of Mexico are you looking at? We enjoyed Puerto Vallarta. Hope our border opens by fall.

Charade I can’t tell you how many pairs of sunglasses are at the bottom of the ocean from paddling lol. But I do use cheap ones When in the boat or at the beach so no loss.
Am I too late for the bacon? You know what gets this crowd going!
Close call with the pot holder. Yikes.

Schumi it will be an odd feeling going out without a mask. Canada isn’t there yet. But our vaccines here in British Columbia are really ramping up. So I guess when we’re all fully vaccinated with 2nd shot this will happen here too. I hear mask mandate is being dropped in US for those who have had 2nd jab. But I wonder how will they know who’s had 2nd jab 🤷‍♀️

Realfoods hang in there. I’ve been MIA a lot too. Just not much happening these days! Good luck with the vaccine tomorrow.

Ksdave I hope Uni drops mask for walking around outside but keeps it for rides and indoor places.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice again. Actually lots of sunny days ahead. Tomorrow going to meet a girlfriend for coffee. Going to check out a new coffee place, as things are still take out only we will take our coffees and walk a block to a square and sit as we have a catch up. Then have to go pick up dig food!
Saturday my brother in law and a mutual friend who just separated from his wife are coming for dinner. I think we’ll bbq back ribs. It will be nice enough to sit outside to dine.

Also Saturday A.M. I’m going for a paddle down at the inlet. Should be a beautiful morning for it.

Sue, I’m glad you caught us up on how you have been doing.
Lots going on for you and the family

Redoing your deck is a big job!
We had to have ours replace before we put our house on the market to sell years back

It did not pass city code and could not sell the house the way it was

Bet you are glad that project has been completed

I saw your Orlando dates and hope to cross paths with you for a brief hi how are you and buh bye.

I read this evening disney will do away with face masks this summer and assume UO will do the same.

I’m in NW Georgia and it was only Atlanta that required masks to be worn.
Which is why I spend very little time out of the house.
I was able to have both jabs done early and now waiting to find out if I need the booster in September before I go to Orlando.

Once peeps get the first vaccine done, they are issued a card to verify it
On the second jab, it will be marked when it was given
Hope that answers how the system is done here to prove your vaccinations.

I have never had the shingles, pneumonia or flu shots, etc but was quite eager to get the covid jab.

Has your area a wait list for getting the vaccine?

Enjoy your paddle in the morning and don’t forget the sunscreen!

Lori.....a wicked sense of humour is a good one to have....or so I`m told.....I think we need it really at times ::yes::

We have the thickest drapes and blinds, all blackout as the windows in our bedrrom face where the sun rises over the sea in the morning, so we don`t get wakened by it unless we have the windows open and a gap to let some fresh air in, no air con in UK homes.....mainly as we don`t need it over here.....except maybe 4 or 5 nights throughout the year when we do get blistered, but we bought those inidvidual units for the bedroom when that happens.....they`re practically brand new still.....lol....

The amateur astronomer in our family hates that it doesn`t ever get completely dark here in the summer. He`s already planning what he`ll image when astronomical darkness comes back.......lol......

Glad you had a nice visit with your friend, and french toast latte sounds lovely. I do like a dulce de leche latte now and again from a place along the beach that does them, very sweet though so I don`t drink it all, but so good. Glad you had a lovely evening and glad you had a nice glass of wine.

Sue, glad to hear the vaccines are being ramped up finally over there. Yes, our numbers are low but the Indian variant could poke a hole in our roadmap to recovery if it takes root further. There`s always something.

I don`t think Boris gives a rats patootie what he looks like......good for him. Makes a change from all the heavily coiffeured folks on tv today, he`s like a breath of fresh air truth be told as a politician.

mac......... :wave2: 🥓🥓🥓

Looks like we have some drizzle this morning, I didn`t check the forecast last night for today, so doubt it`ll be a walk today.

Finished my book group book and The Thursday Murder Club, now onto something else as our book group doesn`t meet for a couple of weeks yet. Even when we can meet again, there are two that don`t live close by and we always did a facetime with them anyway, but we so miss that get together in each others homes.

i-jf3MhLP-S.gif

::yes::

No plans so far today.......I`m sure we need to go do something, and then we`ll see what we feel like doing, just how we like it, wake up and decide then.

Same with food, no ideas for now, but I do know it`s bacon for breakfast. A bacon from a very small supplier locally, well about 40 miles away, he doesn`t produce much and it looks vary fatty on top, but it`s beautiful bacon and we cut most of the fat off anyway. Looking forward to that on a slice of toast.

Always love that Friday feeling.........😉

i-vjbf8pX-S.jpg

cv14-Th.jpg

cv86-S.jpg

i-SfKzwRx-S.gif

Good Morning homies!

Yay, Sue being very busy, and yay for being able to use flight credits. Yes, nice to be close enough that little one thought it would be fine to come for a weekend to ride new coaster. I’d do, but even with cheap enough flights, expensive weekend with hotel and food in there too. We both have APs. I am scheduled to be there end of September. If there are AP hotel rates out, may slide those date to end first week of October. And at least SW does not charge change fees, and I used points, so hoping lower point flights if I do slide my dates a week later, as then no credits to use from first booking a few months ago now. Hotel too, can cancel up to. 5 days before, so not a problem changing those dates too. I hope our borders open for you soon. And yeah, I think it’s kinda crazy no mask as you are fully vaccinated. How you can tell who has and who has not, including young kids that definitely are not yet able to be vaccinated is hard. People lie, and how can you ask every person you pass, are you really vaccinated. For me, I have no problem wearing a mask to help others, even after I get my second shot next week. And we don’t know exactly how long you are immune, and you can still catch that virus, just that with being vaccinated, will be milder. Um, I hope more people try to be washing hands routinely, and keep distance, and wear a mask when in a public indoor place. I still see people leave a toilet and have not washed their hands before leaving. So more risky behavior has not gone away. I’m just glad I didn’t have my usual sore throat I get around the holidays. It will be odd to dine inside, and we have yet to do. Still doing takeout. But with this nicer weather, many restaurants have outdoor seating. We may take advantage of that soon. Little steps.

And big smile, it’s a Friday! Woot!

Good morning. I am up earlier than I wanted to be. Oh well, I have a bunch of stuff to do today, so I should get started. First up is taking Caspian to the vet for his annual checkup and shots. I really hope I will be able to get him to take the gabapentin this morning. This afternoon I will be getting a much needed haircut. At 5:00 today I need to attend a webinar about the scheduling and billing software we use at work. In between all of this I need to start washing all of the new clothes we have purchased for vacation.

With the new relaxations of the mask requirements I am really hoping to see some of the restrictions lifted at Disney. I would be happy if they would allow us to go mask free outdoors and only require us to put them on when we go inside a building or a ride with an indoor queue.

B has not yet decided if she is gong to get vaccinated or not. This might help her make that decision, but even if she decided to get vaccinated I don't recommend she do so until after we get back from Disney.

Yikes. I agree with Lynne. I hope you don't get any critters coming over. I have a friend who has been spending the past almost year cleaning out his both father's hoard house. He has found some really good stuff among the junk.

I found some, but had to pay more than I liked. I don't really like to wear shorts, but can't really wear jeans to Florida.

I do know that I usually get 2 colds a year. This past winter...NONE. And it wasn't because I was stuck at home and not going anywhere. I'm working, out in public everyday. I'm thinking partially due to masking, less people...and a WHOLE LOT more cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
I have not had a cold since February of 2019. I remember that as I was getting over the cold we were just starting to get concerned about the virus. I was able to get a pack of Clorox wipes before they disappeared from the shelves.

Oh she`s not strange or uncomfortable in our home, she has been many times, and first time she came in she went straight to the doors into the dining room and whimpered. Several times she has stared up on the wall and growled gently. I`ve never felt anything weird in there, although one time doing a zoom call from that room, one of my friends asked what the shadow was behind me......yikes!
That is bizarre and a little creepy. I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

I live in Georgia so used to the heat
Does not mean I love it, just used to it
I have never gotten used to the heat.

Gotta love the CB......new poster who claims to work for the Royal Family in the UK.....almost identical post a couple of months back claiming they worked for UOR in the UK and we could "ask them anything".......some funny folks around on boards at times......
There's always at least one. I used to post on a Girl Scout message board and a dance mom (not related to the TV show) board and we had a couple of epic trolls on those boards.

We have been spared the great gas hoard of 2021! I saw some photos on tictok of folks putting gas in plastic bags!! If that's true, I kinda hope the bags opened up in the car on the way home.....no brains at all!!
People are crazy. i wonder how they planned to store bags of gasoline.

Trying to catch up. Been busy here. We have been re-doing our deck. It’s off 2nd floor. Our old one had rotting floor boards and top rail was rotting too. Husbands friend talked him into doing it together 😬. I told him to just hire a company to do it. But he was swayed. So they did it and I knew he’d be hurting and broke down! Today was just the finishing stuff. I’ll stain it maybe at end of summer. I heard you have to let treated wood sit awhile before staining? Will have to look into it.
We did our deck a few years ago. It was quite an undertaking. We hired a company to do ours. Neither me nor dh have any experience with deck building.

Charade, only a short trip arriving Oct 2nd.
I have a very short trip from October 1-4. Mac will be there and I think Bobbie may join us. We need to schedule a SANS meet.

We both have APs. I am scheduled to be there end of September. If there are AP hotel rates out, may slide those date to end first week of October.
If you extend then you can join the SANS meet.

Time to try to drug the cat. Wish me luck.

I am now just over a week away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter