Something About Nothing............ #14

It’s dead in the parks
BAA1E61A-DE13-4A73-A749-95B32FC60825.jpeg

That pool looks so good and quiet again, and yes, very, very pretty at night, don`t think I`ve ever seen any night pictures of it
That’s the main one in front of WL. I tend to gravitate to quiet one at villas
Who doesn`t love Scooby Doo!
Crikey!
He appeared to be having a good time and the heat did not seem to bother him.
Don’t think I’d ever get used to the heat full time
. I informed her that we would have applied for medicare because there is no way we would have been able to pay the full amount every month. She has not responded to that.
Mom would need to spend down assets pre Medicaid. Did your father serve in military? Some help there often
Yeah!!!!! Are you at Royal Pacific?
Nope :)
Lori, Janet is a HRH fan
Guessing she is sitting by the pool right now having liquid refreshments with her hunk
U made Dave’s night & u hit the mail on the head lol
9D5F6D3F-D88D-4966-98B2-706CCE79F87E.jpeg

It’s dead in the parks
View attachment 573754

Crikey!

Mom would need to spend down assets pre Medicaid. Did your father serve in military? Some help there often

View attachment 573755
What a gorgeous picture! Love that sunshine!
We will be checking into the Hard Rock in 24 days!!!
(I like both RPR and HRH...we kinda trade off when visiting. Stayed at RPR in December)

Yeah!!!!! Are you at Royal Pacific?

Your bread looks delicious!
And fingers crossed on the job prospect! I'm sure you'll get something perfect for you!

I'm sorry you're having a tough day, but hey, hey only 16 more to go.....

OMG! How awesome, and such a nice looking pup! I wonder if any of our ball parks do something similar....I'd take mine!!

Underachievers, lol! Had a good chuckle on that!

Iced coffee! I love iced coffee on a hot day!!

Those are some beautiful plates of food!!

I'm also leaning toward fish for tonight...or pizza if I'm feeling lazy...

Sounds like you have a wonderful, thoughtful family!

You always talk about the little ones in your family with so much excitement and love! It's very heartwarming!

I'm sorry your aunt is not being the best team player for your mom. Hopefully the situation will improve soon.

Weird fact about me....I love the smell of phosphorous, like when lighting a match!

Classic Florida photo....all sweaty from the heat and humidity. We've all got them, lol! Great picture with the gang!

And in the Scooby Doo spirit, here is one of me and DD with just Scooby from 2 years ago.
View attachment 573672

Happy Friday! Another week is ending, and another weekend is on tap.
Treated myself to a manicure today. Went with 2 shades of blue this time.
I need to run a couple errands this afternoon, and then take the dogs for a walk.
Hope everyone has a great day!

View attachment 573675

Love the picture Lori.....your daughter is so like you! I know I say that often, but she really is.....

Nails sound lovely, and nice way to pass some relaxing time. And curious minds want to know what you chose for dinner.......::yes::

And your trip is getting ever closer too....I know how excited you are for this trip.....you`ll all have the best time!

I’m just now catching up on the sans and thought I had sent the post to Robbie much earlier

Lori, Janet is a HRH fan
Guessing she is sitting by the pool right now having liquid refreshments with her hunk

Robbie no more cats in the attic thank goodness
Miss bluer is behaving today

Lynne we all love Scooby too!

Schumi, I have no ideas why snarky peeps do that
Maybe it’s due to jealousy.

Lynne awesome shot of the Scooby group

I think I am missing a shout out to some of the homies here
So for those I did not address a comment, sending you all $5........View attachment 573743

Isn`t that the truth mac. Always someone think they can "one up" It gets boring though.

i-cCDZTmL-Th.gif

Funny you mention $5, I was just reading about a waitress who got a $5 tip on a check for $120. Don`t you just hate meanies like that....folks who try to stiff on the check are unbelievable......can`t afford the tip, don`t eat out. The story was how she gave it back to the guy in front of the whole table and said he needed it more than she did.....classy.

I used to know one person like that.....wow she avoided that tip like crazy, but we all made sure she paid up once we realised.....but hate folks like that. We tend to usually overtip but we always get phenomenal service that`s worth it.....

Hope you`re sound asleep now mac......remember it`s bacon for lunch for us.......you`ll be up by then......🥓

It’s dead in the parks
View attachment 573754

Crikey!

View attachment 573755

Lovely pics Janet! Loving the sound of your trip again.......and wow, parks do look fabulous to be in right now. Looking back the last few weeks many were mentioning how mobbed they were.

Glad it`s been a wonderful time for you both.....next one up soon!!

No sunshine this morning for us, yet......I`m ever hopeful though. Think most of us are due rain today coming in from the West......won`t be heading out a walk if it does look ominous. Some rain forecast this coming week......

So, plan B is catch up with some friends this morning on zoom, couple of relatives too and maybe, just maybe clean the insides of all (or some) of the upstairs windows. Usual housework too and then maybe a movie afternoon if it`s still raining, if not, out a walk up in the woods.

Poached egg for breakfast, BLT for lunch, and stir fry for dinner tonight.....food sorted for the day.

Even though it`s many, many years since I worked, I still love that Friday night/Saturday morning feeling for the weekend.......

i-t59SgwR-S.gif

cv25-M.jpg

cv78-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday whatever you may be doing......🙂

Relaxing since around when I awoke with the bright sunrise. After done rain in the evening, a wonderful sunny start. 46 out, so last night, and the night before, heard our heater go on in the late wee hours. Sigh. It is May, right?

Ooh, Schumi had me at bacon. Hope you have warmer weather than me.

Older one is up, as he is now part time working, at least today, early. And so, 20 minutes after his alarm went off, I asked if he was up. At least he knows to give himself time to be ready. Good thing, the traffic should be light. Many stores do open early on a Saturday, but many do not. And with week day commute time not nearly as busy in the morning rush hours on the weekends days, he should make good time. It’s not that far from where we live, so a good job so far. We will see if he keeps it.

And yay, both kids now done their Spring college and university terms. Seems this term went fast by for some reason.

And thus, while a throw over my legs, tea cup next to me, and yay, large screen viewing.

Super Stupendously Happy Saturday to the homies.

Shades wearing, yes. But not nearly as warm as Keisha. Hope you are going to enjoy another fun day in the Dark Side, Keisha.

Relaxing since around when I awoke with the bright sunrise. After done rain in the evening, a wonderful sunny start. 46 out, so last night, and the night before, heard our heater go on in the late wee hours. Sigh. It is May, right?

Older one is up, as he is now part time working, at least today, early. And so, 20 minutes after his alarm went off, I asked if he was up. At least he knows to give himself time to be ready. Good thing, the traffic should be light. Many stores do open early on a Saturday, but many do not. And with week day commute time not nearly as busy in the morning rush hours on the weekends days, he should make good time. It’s not that far from where we live, so a good job so far. We will see if he keeps it.

And yay, both kids now done their Spring college and university terms. Seems this term went fast by for some reason.

And thus, while a throw over my legs, tea cup next to me, and yay, large screen viewing.

Shades wearing, yes. But not nearly as warm as Keisha. Hope you are going to enjoy another fun day in the Dark Side, Keisha.

I am here for the bacon♥

lol.....bacon up for mac and Lynne!! 🥓 🥓 🥓

Lynne it`s about 46f here too.....not the nicest of days for us.

Good luck to your son on his new job, hope he enjoys it and stays with it.

Late lunch for us.

Didn`t get out a walk as rain has been pouring down all morning. So, we kept ourself busy doing all sorts of little bits and pieces that needed doing. Still trying to catch up with scanning all my real pictures.......haven`t made a dent so far, but ploughing through them.

If rain eases we might get out a short walk, but looking at it right now, I doubt it. It is getting brighter, slightly. But, right now it`s Dial M for Murder for us, perfect rainy Saturday afternoon movie. Pot of tea later in mid afternoon and blueberry muffins I baked this morning.

Hope your Saturday is a good one.......

Love the picture Lori.....your daughter is so like you! I know I say that often, but she really is.....

Nails sound lovely, and nice way to pass some relaxing time. And curious minds want to know what you chose for dinner.......::yes::

And your trip is getting ever closer too....I know how excited you are for this trip.....you`ll all have the best time!

Isn`t that the truth mac. Always someone think they can "one up" It gets boring though.

i-cCDZTmL-Th.gif

Funny you mention $5, I was just reading about a waitress who got a $5 tip on a check for $120. Don`t you just hate meanies like that....folks who try to stiff on the check are unbelievable......can`t afford the tip, don`t eat out. The story was how she gave it back to the guy in front of the whole table and said he needed it more than she did.....classy.

I used to know one person like that.....wow she avoided that tip like crazy, but we all made sure she paid up once we realised.....but hate folks like that. We tend to usually overtip but we always get phenomenal service that`s worth it.....

Hope you`re sound asleep now mac......remember it`s bacon for lunch for us.......you`ll be up by then......🥓

Lovely pics Janet! Loving the sound of your trip again.......and wow, parks do look fabulous to be in right now. Looking back the last few weeks many were mentioning how mobbed they were.

Glad it`s been a wonderful time for you both.....next one up soon!!

No sunshine this morning for us, yet......I`m ever hopeful though. Think most of us are due rain today coming in from the West......won`t be heading out a walk if it does look ominous. Some rain forecast this coming week......

So, plan B is catch up with some friends this morning on zoom, couple of relatives too and maybe, just maybe clean the insides of all (or some) of the upstairs windows. Usual housework too and then maybe a movie afternoon if it`s still raining, if not, out a walk up in the woods.

Poached egg for breakfast, BLT for lunch, and stir fry for dinner tonight.....food sorted for the day.

Even though it`s many, many years since I worked, I still love that Friday night/Saturday morning feeling for the weekend.......

i-t59SgwR-S.gif

cv25-M.jpg

cv78-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday whatever you may be doing......🙂

Pizza was the winner last night! Made a cocktail and decided it was too much of a bother to go get fish fry, lol!

Glad your kiddos are finished! Feels good to be done after the hard work. Mine has 2 exams left, and done on Thursday.

DD had pictures with some of the graduating seniors from her sorority yesterday. They broke into smaller groups, doing several sessions. I actually started tearing up when I saw the photos. Its amazing how quickly these 4 years have passed.
Here are a couple photos. The other girl is DD's sorority "twin". Girls are put together as twins in a sorority if they mesh super well.
DD will pick up her cap and gown and honors cords next week sometime.

Good morning. I must have needed sleep because I just couldn't seem to wake up today.
I need to hurry and get ready, We are going to lunch and then to a musical.

Found my Scooby Gang picture....it was 2015 and of course it had to be the day we were leaving the park and looked like I had been dragged though a hedge backwards! We had said no more pictures that morning, but couldn`t turn down the whole gang for the first time!

They were brilliant.....completely in character and so funny. And I was the only one there for ages, so got plenty of extra time with them.
Great picture. I have one from 2019. I took off my glasses for the picture, so Velma took hers off too.

Weird fact about me....I love the smell of phosphorous, like when lighting a match!
I like that smell too.

And in the Scooby Doo spirit, here is one of me and DD with just Scooby from 2 years ago.
Another great picture.

From this past Fall, when could not be close to them. Still great to see the characters even if could not stand next to most.
I'm glad that the characters are still out even though they have to distance.

That's another thing my aunt doesn't understand. Even if my brother and I had paid the first month, my mom would have had to spend her savings if she had stayed in longer. My dad served in the Army for 22 years, They divorced in 1984. Would she still qualify for anything?

i think I still need more sleep. I typed all of this an hour ago and forgot to send.

I'm a firm believer in tipping based on service. I have rarely left a very small tip, but often left a very large one when we have had outstanding service.

At this time 2 weeks from today I will be on a plane bound for Orlando.

Attachments

• 7CA3DA60-F06E-4A6B-ABE0-398693640813.png
    7CA3DA60-F06E-4A6B-ABE0-398693640813.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 0
Pizza was the winner last night! Made a cocktail and decided it was too much of a bother to go get fish fry, lol!

Glad your kiddos are finished! Feels good to be done after the hard work. Mine has 2 exams left, and done on Thursday.

DD had pictures with some of the graduating seniors from her sorority yesterday. They broke into smaller groups, doing several sessions. I actually started tearing up when I saw the photos. Its amazing how quickly these 4 years have passed.
Here are a couple photos. The other girl is DD's sorority "twin". Girls are put together as twins in a sorority if they mesh super well.
DD will pick up her cap and gown and honors cords next week sometime.

View attachment 573869

View attachment 573870

View attachment 573872

Beautiful Lori!! Those are quite the nicest group of graduates I`ve ever seen.....gorgeous pictures, and I love the one of the two girls together.......yes, it does make you quite tearful, but so proud!

I was thinking of you a minute ago as I made us up a gin fizz tonight. A friend told me to buy a bottle of gin from a store I never use. I can`t drink any of their wines as they all give me a headache.....but she said I had to try the gin and to trust her. We love it......no headache.

Blackberry and Bramble gin, fizzy lemonade, slice of lemon and cherries....

Delicious.

0FC798BC-B43E-4C97-969C-3044DF1404D5-X2.jpg

Hope you`re having a lovely weekend Lori......

Good morning. I must have needed sleep because I just couldn't seem to wake up today.
I need to hurry and get ready, We are going to lunch and then to a musical.

Great picture. I have one from 2019. I took off my glasses for the picture, so Velma took hers off too.

I like that smell too.

Another great picture.

I'm glad that the characters are still out even though they have to distance.

That's another thing my aunt doesn't understand. Even if my brother and I had paid the first month, my mom would have had to spend her savings if she had stayed in longer. My dad served in the Army for 22 years, They divorced in 1984. Would she still qualify for anything?

I'm a firm believer in tipping based on service. I have rarely left a very small tip, but often left a very large one when we have had outstanding service.

At this time 2 weeks from today I will be on a plane bound for Orlando.

Hope you enjoy the musical Charade, lovely way to spend an afternoon.......

We haven`t ever left a small tip, but we did speak to the manager due to completely awful service at Bongo`s in DTD. Told her why and she didn`t even argue. It was honestly the worst service ever.

Yes, we`ll happily overtip and usually do as we genuinely always have above average service. I hate hearing of mean tippers when staff have worked their butts off. We once did a private tour of a winery in France and one of the group openly said they weren`t tipping as they didn`t think it was worth it. She was firmly encouraged to open her purse and pay the money......cheapskate.

2 weeks today!! woohooo....

Dis she remarry?
View attachment 573882Open to all today. No thank you
View attachment 573883Death to the voodoo doll
View attachment 573884So pretty in this section

Tom`s favourite from Voodoo!! I love POE......one of my favourite parts of IOA.

You didn`t wait for the velocicoaster.......lol.....enjoy today........look forward to hearing about it.......safe travels home if I don`t get the chance later......:wave2:

We did get out a shorter walk this afternoon, only did just under 3 miles, but we were convinced the rain was coming back on, so didn`t go to far. It was nice though and very mild.

Enjoyed our stir fry and I made some clotted cream and raspberry ice cream, just enough for one portion though as we`d have eaten it all if there had been more.

Now enjoying a Bramble gin, feet up and about to watch a movie......not sure which one, Tom is through raking through the DVD`s and will bring through a few to choose from......nice Saturday night.

A very happy Mother’s Day to all the mom homies.

And as a very bright sunrise and sunny start to our Sunday, you’d think it was nice out. Yeah, with pants and maybe even a jacket with rocking your sunglasses. 45f out. I would not say that sun is providing much warmth. And this beautiful sunny start will be naught by lunchtime, as sigh, another good chances of rain again, and a mostly cloudy and rainy day will be the rest of our Sunday. And high temp will not even be 60f. 55 is the high. A cool and rainy May day indeed. Weather lady this morning said we are averaging 10 degrees below our what expected temps to be this time of year. I guess so. There has been years the AC needed to be on, as summer heat started in earnest in that May. But this year, a few 80f degree days, then many in the low 60’s lately. Hoping to see what long range forecasting says will be 70 to 75 degree days. Perfect Spring temps. But today, nope.

And so, even with a mom holiday, it’s our get the trash out and get ready for the two of the four of us to be on our week day routine day. Oh and that quiet house, with hot tea for me. Ah yes, and little one said she’d join me for breakfast at 7:30 this morning. That’s a few minutes from now, and I have not heard her up. No matter, I’ll save some bacon, and run out and get some bagels.

Later homies. A most super happy Sunday to all the homies, and a thanks mom to all our mom homies.

i-rtVS2rQ-M.gif

Hope all you mummy`s in the US have a lovely Mother`s Day.......:flower3:

Had a lovely brunch sitting outside at one of my friend`s homes this morning. Only 6 of us and one American lady who is my friend`s friend, didn`t really know her but she was nice and brunch was lovely.

At least it was fairly warm but she did still put the patio heaters on, but didn`t really need them. So no need for lunch and will be a light dinner of chicken noodle soup I think.

Going to watch the Grand Prix for a couple of laps then give up as usual......not the sport it used to be. But, the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day here and temps look to be staying the same all week I hope.....

Happy Mother's Day! I have no idea what I will be doing today. The musical yesterday was fun. A couple of dh's students were in it. One of the students todl dh he was in the musical, but didn't tell him that he was the lead.

B is coming to church with us this morning. It wouldn't really be Mother's Day if she wasn't present. She will probably want to go back to the dorm after lunch. She has her last 2 finals tomorrow. I plan to go over Tuesday and help her move out.

How many more days until Disney? You can guess the number from the picture.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mums over the water. Hope relaxing day for you all.

Nice to see some sunshiny photos!

About to start on prep for our Sunday roast. Late start by everyone (except me) so brunch was sausage and cheese with Staffordshire oatcakes (and grapefruit for me).

J & L helped bake a chocolate cake earlier (Ina Garten recipe) so that needs frosting.

Then we planted sunflower seeds for Brownies and they had sent some for J as well so potted up but keeping them indoors for now.

Kev and Em are watching the F1 but like Schumi we are all waiting for a certain driver to move on!

We have a busy week ahead with solicitor, hygienist, second vaccination, grocery and parcel collection, school runs on 4 days and I’m off to DIL for nails tomorrow. First time for so long as she’s had paying clients desperate for appointments.

Enjoy your Sunday x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter