Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!

Still feeling good. I have a tiny bit of a linger cough yet. I got my text message from our health authority saying that my quarantine is done now IF I don't have any symptoms :sad2: Typical me, I always have a cough for weeks after a cold. Booked another test for this afternoon. - so I guess we will see how that test comes back.

Whipped up some bread yesterday....it turned out GREAT!!!! I found a recipe that made only two loaves. Well...one loaf is already gone...and the other one is waiting in the drawer for someone to cut into. We try not to eat too much bread...but homemade bread is too good to pass up. I will definitely be making it again!!!

I was invited to do another written interview for a job with our health authority. I received a text message from one of my references that she had received and sent back a good reference to them. Crossing my fingers that it is a positive sign. Not sure if it was for the full-time, part-time or casual position ( all the same position was posted just different hours) yet...but fingers crossed I get a little experience with some of their software. then I had a leg up over other applicants for other jobs in the future. I'm just needing to get my foot in the door. I have my eye on a certain job, but it will take time to get there. I am not afraid of hard work to get to where I want to go.

Well, I should go shower and shampoo this color out of my hair. My sparkles were showing a little too much, and I have nothing but time on my hands...so it was time to color my hair.

Have a great day everyone!!!!573294

Last edited:
On lunch break and trying to stay calm and not lose my mind. I found out that 2 of our 4 therapists will be leaving. One I already knew about, but the other just blind-sighted me with the information. There’s always extra work involved when someone leaves the office.

My aunt is now being unreasonable. She has it in her head that my brother and I agreed to pay her to be Mom’s caretaker. No, we just agreed to help out with expenses. I haven’t yet responded to the text she sent yesterday, because I was too angry to be civil to her. My brother tried calling her but got voicemail. She still hasn’t called him back. Ugh! Family!

Dh is stressing about his job and I am stressing about family. We made a pact that we would not discuss either while we were at WDW. Speaking of which, the count is now at

Hugs, Charade. Never easy when involves family. Will be nice to be on vacation soon.

Pumpkin, glad to hear you are feeling better, and hope new test will be a negative. Yum, fresh baked bread looks delicious.

Paris, glad to hear DD got home safely. Enjoy your vacation countdown too.

Ooh, thirsty I am. Those clouds have blown off to the NE, so a very bright startling out day. And while high not even seeing 65, the full day of sun is much appreciated. Particularly since the next couple days, that rain changes come again. Did have a nice sounding rain in the later evening. Went to bed, had a good sleep, and back to that early mornings routine. And yep, tea has been sipped for some time now.

Enjoy your walk, Schumi. Frost, eek. Yeah, May should be a warmer month. At least here, we stayed just above freezing in the overnight, so while cool feeling, no frost seen here. Wet looking out, yes. But the sunrise to be soon, should take care of that.

Have a terrific Thursday.

We did thanks Lynne.......yes, frost is unusual, but it was gone in no time at all with the sunshine. Hope you didn`t get rain and managed to get out a nice walk at lunchtime.......

Thank you for the good travels wishes! They made it home safely!

Thank you! Made it home safe and sound!

Do you think that duck meal would keep well if you air mailed some over to me, lol?? Sounds incredible!

Girls made it back home safe!

Sounds like a beautiful day!
Always look forward to a delivery!

Enjoy that sunshine!

Yes, girls are home safe!

DD and her friends texted at 11:55pm that they were back. They'd been up since 2am, so a full 22 hours awake! I know they were shattered and will sleep well on this cloudy and rainy morning.

Once they were able to leave Alabama, they drove in rain for only about 2 hours before clear skies. The coastal area received up to 6 inches of rain in some places. Makes flooding a troublesome issue as well.

I will wait until late morning before heading down to her apartment. She can rest up before the final push for the semester. Final exams begin on Monday. She only has 2 exams and one paper. Not too terrible. I need to ask DD which day she is officially 'done'.

The next few weeks will be busy. Mother's Day is just around the corner, and don't have a clue what we are doing yet...
We need to start the process of moving DD back home for the summer. Her new apartment won't be ready until mid August. We will make numerous trips with our vehicles and packing tubs before the 'big stuff' with the trailer.
We also have DDs graduation weekend coming soon. She's made quite a few plans for us!
And we leave for Universal in 25 days!! Getting excited!!

View attachment 573224

Glad your girl got home safely Lori......always good to know they made it with no issues. And she has several lovely events coming up to look forward to. And how lovely she`s home for the summer soon....happy mummy!

lol.....I think it might be quite messy if the package burst!! It was gorgeous though.....

Home!
View attachment 573276View attachment 573277Room ready, exactly where I wanted woot. Love the walk over, so pretty. Sun is shining & raining, welcome to FL

Yay.....back at Universal......have so much fun!!!

Still feeling good. I have a tiny bit of a linger cough yet. I got my text message from our health authority saying that my quarantine is done now IF I don't have any symptoms :sad2: Typical me, I always have a cough for weeks after a cold. Booked another test for this afternoon. - so I guess we will see how that test comes back.

Whipped up some bread yesterday....it turned out GREAT!!!! I found a recipe that made only two loaves. Well...one loaf is already gone...and the other one is waiting in the drawer for someone to cut into. We try not to eat too much bread...but homemade bread is too good to pass up. I will definitely be making it again!!!

I was invited to do another written interview for a job with our health authority. I received a text message from one of my references that she had received and sent back a good reference to them. Crossing my fingers that it is a positive sign. Not sure if it was for the full-time, part-time or casual position ( all the same position was posted just different hours) yet...but fingers crossed I get a little experience with some of their software. then I had a leg up over other applicants for other jobs in the future. I'm just needing to get my foot in the door. I have my eye on a certain job, but it will take time to get there. I am not afraid of hard work to get to where I want to go.

Well, I should go shower and shampoo this color out of my hair. My sparkles were showing a little too much, and I have nothing but time on my hands...so it was time to color my hair.

Have a great day everyone!!!!View attachment 573294

Oh hope your cough clears soon.....that`s annoying.

Bread looks lovely!! Glad it was so popular......it`s so much nicer than store bought.

And more good luck with the job search, I`m sure you`ll get what you want soon, the right position is out there for you.

On lunch break and trying to stay calm and not lose my mind. I found out that 2 of our 4 therapists will be leaving. One I already knew about, but the other just blind-sighted me with the information. There’s always extra work involved when someone leaves the office.

My aunt is now being unreasonable. She has it in her head that my brother and I agreed to pay her to be Mom’s caretaker. No, we just agreed to help out with expenses. I haven’t yet responded to the text she sent yesterday, because I was too angry to be civil to her. My brother tried calling her but got voicemail. She still hasn’t called him back. Ugh! Family!

Dh is stressing about his job and I am stressing about family. We made a pact that we would not discuss either while we were at WDW. Speaking of which, the count is now at
View attachment 573293

I`m sorry your aunt is being so difficult. It`s not what any of you need and I`m sure your mum would hate to think she was the cause of any issues. What a shame. I don`t blame you for being angry. I`m sure you and your brother will make her understand.

Yes, put away any worries for your trip.......which is getting closer!

It turned out to be a much warmer day than forecast.....not warm like Keisha or mac are enjoying, but warm for us. Walked 6 miles and did another mile and a half tonight walking to the polling station to vote, and the same coming back. And it`s still beautiful out there tonight. Although amazingly, we could get hailstones tonight......weird!

Got our fresh fish this morning after our walk for dinner, some lovely cod loins and 2 large crabs for lunch......delicious. Made a lemon butter sauce to go with the fish, but only I had it as they prefer the fish plain, it is tasty enough.

Then drove to a really nice butcher we don`t visit often enough and stocked up on some produce from them. Should keep us going for a couple of weeks. Freezers are well stocked for sure.

Thursday night glass of wine ahead.........thirsty Thursday!

Nemoballgame.jpgWoof Wednesdays at ballpark yesterday. Nemo did well with reduced crowds. He got part of my hamburger at Ebbets field beforehand too-great day for baseball! Springfield Cardinals. He got on the big screen for 7th inning stretch when cameraman caught him doing a "high five" with me.

Hope all are well!

Middle is going to submit application for scareactor for HHN.

Good luck to Pumpkin in getting that job.

How cool for middle to be a scare actor, MonyK. Hope to say hi to ya in 3rd week in September.

Beautiful sunny day. Yay! And since such a late lunch, late dinner. And ewww, DH just came in after mowing. He stinks like sweaty grass. I hope he takes a shower soon. Not sure what for dinner. Maybe pasta? See what kids want. Did chicken quesadillas for lunch, to use up the chicken. As off tomorrow, will be grocery shopping and clothes shopping. Seems older one wants some more dressier shorts, so after his lunchtime final tomorrow, told him he has to do both kinds of shopping with me when he’s done.

Hope you`re good too Monyk.......nice doggy picture and good luck for the SA interview.......

Lynne...enjoy that shopping today, hope your son manages to get what he`s looking for. Sometimes I shop and find nothing, especially if I have an idea of what I`m looking for and other times I come home with a haul of clothes....hope the stores aren`t too busy.

I planned to sit up late last night, but eventually couldn`t keep my eyes open. We were watching, well I was watching Citizen Kane.....our book group`s movie choice for this time around. I had never seen it before.....which is the idea of course.....but it`s not the boring movie I thought it would be, nor is it a movie I`d choose to watch again. But, will watch the last half hour today as I was just so tired.

Another gorgeous and sunny day ahead, before rain forecast for tomorrow hits us, so will get out this morning and head down to the waterfront, although my toootsies do ache a little today. It`s nice to see all the little places opening back again ready for the summer season of tourists hopefully. And from May 17th, hopefully indoor dining will be back for all of us. Can`t wait for that.

We meet a lot of the same people walking along the front most days....one group of three older men always do the same joke almost every day how we`re regulars now....bless them, they must get together every day and walk, they must all be well into their 80`s. I tell them they won`t see if it`s bad weather as we`re wimps and they said yes, they`d noticed.....lol.....so they must walk there in most weathers.

Today, poached eggs on toast for breakfast, turkey sandwiches for lunch and Tom has requested a hot and spicy chicken curry for tonight, again, just the two of us for that dish. And hopefully a good movie after I watch the end of CK.

Tea is calling........

cv46-S.jpg

cv16-M.jpg

cv55-S.jpg

Happy Friday ahead.........😁

Wasn’t Scooby one of your favorite characters years back?

He was mac......still is. Who doesn`t love Scooby Doo!

I still have the lovely little scooby`s you gifted me many years ago now.....crikey that was years back now I think on it........2011???

My friend`s granddaughter Elise loves them too, along with the giant scooby Tom bought me waaaayyyyy back too.

scoobydoo-S.jpg

Lunch out of the way.....heading back out to do a little shopping.........doing a Thai curry tonight, and need some fresh ingredients from the ethnic store about half an hour away from us. Always come back with more than we go for, so hard to resist their products.

Try and get home before the rain is supposed to be coming on.

Ooh I like Scooby, watched the comics of them when I was young. I like seeing them in the parks.

Ack. Forgot to turn alarm off. No matter, I was up before it anyway. Just startled me when it went off. And so, with a quiet morning, loads of wash have been done. And decided to make some coffee instead today. Iced it, as house feels warm enough. So nice to have another day to relax more.

Thus, a Fabulous Friday homies.

While we have a beautiful sunny morning so far, those summer like rain chances late afternoon and evening, and the clouds will come by lunchtime. Not summer like temp though, high is 60 today, and sigh, high tomorrow is 55. Not the temps I expect in May. But shorts will still be on. I think. Maybe start with pants tomorrow morning.

Hope all had it are having a great Friday morning. Good Morning homies.

Hello all. Done a brief catch up on the week.
Pumpkin hope your cough clears soon and retest is clear.

Charade sending hugs to sort Mum issues. Here if someone has minimal income homecare is provided by the state. Not sure what standards that is. I arranged care privately for my parents and even then was good and bad service. Glad I was there enough to be fully aware what was and wasn’t being done. Had two amazing ladies one of whom only young I still keep in touch with. Are there any services like Red Cross who might help?

J’aime maternity leave varies here according to employment and length of employment. Sadly DIL had done 16 years at Virgin Atlantic but just accepted redundancy and started working in the NHS when she became pregnant so only statutory pay - would have had excellent pay from Virgin. However, she is a real hard worker and has carried on until just four weeks until due date and I rang her today and she is busy doing manicures and lashes on clients as she also does beauty treatments. I told her you need to rest now but she is happy keeping busy. She is hoping to return to work part time after 6 months as Kev and I will look after the new arrival when needed.

Monykalyn you know I catch your lovely photos already but so lucky you can take fur family to sports!

DIL started her maternity leave this week and DS is on leave so we went for afternoon tea on Tuesday (outside under cover) with them to a nice hotel in Prestbury. Called The Bridge it is literally on a bridge with the river running by the gardens

E995024D-F9F3-47CF-8753-29352A45D3A5.jpeg505D1801-B510-4FA1-9202-B35591EC9D9D.jpeg
Em has got a longer piece of work at the moment so we are doing all the school runs. She is currently using my car as hers was in ex’s name - so I am walking with L as J’s high school is a drive away. After court we will decide what to do about cars. I’m thinking a small camper might be fun for us but we will see what comes.

Fishy Friday take out for us tonight and a restful day tomorrow after busy early starts all week. If dry we plan some gardening.

Take care all x

Good Friday morning Sans family :wave2:

03BA8DA3-CF11-43E5-819E-F712A23CE486.jpeg

0B1B5675-0B47-483F-8EFF-5A86C0EDE401.jpeg

It’s officially May. I can finally say I’m going to Disney this month.

Yeah!!!!!!......your countdown to your trip is getting closer.

Something I never expected to see in WDW or anywhere else for that matter. Larger group baiting a small family, repeatedly for observing the signage on floor re social distancing.

So sad when folks have to be so mean......I Rembember seeing something on the Internet a few years ago about a fight breaking out between some adults at Test Track ride at WDW and they hit each other with umbrellas. It was all caught on film.

Up with the birds to grab a boarding group for RoTR, best one ever. Pressure is off lol

Great grab on the boarding for ROTR. Our son and daughter-in-law are going this summer. He is a big Star Wars fan. I hope they are able to get to ride it while they are there.

to share my dream car in the parking lot today

Wow...a haunted mansion car....pretty cool.

the perfect first cuppa tea in the am is followed by a dip in the empty pool

Nice pics.

The coaster is amazing, it is a high thrill coaster so it might now work for everyone. The themeing and queue were really cool, but the coaster was much better. There are 2 launches within it and they are fast. We sat in the front seat, it was worth it. The trains are comfortable, love the lap bar only, the seats were good, you can have some wiggle room with them if you choose. It is a smooth coaster however, you will be thrusted a bit side to side. There is plenty of air time if you like that. I can have a tendency to get disoriented if the elements are to close together and I didn't get that at all. I was worried about it, but was happy at the end. I hope everyone who wants to ride it next trip can. If you have any questions please ask.:)

Glad to hear you both like the ride so much. Sounds like it is going to be a favorite with the coaster riders.

I had a busy weekend. Worked the bazaar to benefit the children's hospital. It was outside and very windy but all in all it went well and we raised a couple thousand dollars for the hospital. Came home a planted my vegetable garden so hopefully it will grow a little while we are gone. Tried to do a little shopping on Sunday but I wasn't very successful in finding anything.

Congratulations on raising money for the Children’s Hospital.

The rectangle pizza was indeed yummy!! It may look to be deep dish, but isn't. The crust is thin, with a raised edge. All but 2 pieces end up having an edge of crust. It was very nice. And we decided cold beer would go down quite nicely with it!!

Pizza looks yummy.

The action at our condos has gone at lightening speed! I was really caught off guard, and I'm still trying to process it all. We have 2 full price cash offers on both places. If everything runs smoothly, we will close on them both by mid May!
I never thought it would be this fast....we overpriced both places to have some wiggle room for negotiating.
And we were offered $10,000 cash for our parking space. A parking space!! Maybe in NYC or Boston this would be 'a thing'? Not something I was prepared for...

Congratulations on getting all the offers on your condos and parking space. Hope all things go smoothly.

I'm just hanging out in the bedroom, grey's is playing on the tv and I'm streaming the DIS live show ( I love watching it ) and reading the boards. I think it's safe to say I'm bored and feeling better. I'm just sooo lucky I didn't get ve

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

That said I saw people in full Jedi gear today, same as the HP robes in this weather; What are they thinking

There are die hard fans who do love wearing their costumes. I remember going to my first MNSSHP with my younger sister and niece and it was hotter then Blue blazes and some old fella was in a full wizard costume with a heavy robe. He appeared to be having a good time and the heat did not seem to bother him.

Sending lots of get well wishes your way.

was invited to do another written interview for a job with our health authority. I received a text message from one of my references that she had received and sent back a good reference to them. Crossing my fingers that it is a positive sign. Not sure if it was for the full-time, part-time or casual position ( all the same position was posted just different hours) yet...but fingers crossed I get a little experience with some of their software. then I had a leg up over other applicants for other jobs in the future. I'm just needing to get my foot in the door. I have my eye on a certain job, but it will take time to get there. I am not afraid of hard work to get to where I want to go.

Good luck on your job possibilities.

The bread looks delicious.

So sad when things go south on money issues were family is concerned. Hope things work out.

Wednesdays at ballpark yesterday. Nemo did well with reduced crowds. He got part of my hamburger at Ebbets field beforehand too-great day for baseball! Springfield Cardinals. He got on the big screen for 7th inning stretch when cameraman caught him doing a "high five" with me.

Cute pick of your fur baby at the game.

Schumi great to hear all is well and you and Tom are enjoying your walks. Hope your weather improves and the sun comes out and it warms up for you.

Lynne enjoy your tea this morning.

Mac hope Mr Bluer has not been up in the attic again.

Been a little busy here for past few days. Finishing up last few things for Bridal Shower and helping with some wedding things.

Son and daughter-in-law took us out yesterday evening for early Mother’s Day Celebration. The restaurant was in an old historic home that hubby had owned many years ago. It was turned into an event center a number of years ago for private dining and weddings etc...now it is a lovely quaint restaurant. The food was delicious and spending time with son, daughter-in-law and grandson was priceless. They were so thoughtful.

Weather here has been a bit all over the place. Had a couple rainy days then it has been cooling down at night. It was 49 when I woke up this morning. High today will be 66. Sun is shinning :sunny: and the birds are singing so not a bad start to the day.

Even though things are wet from the rain past few days the heavy machinery was out in the farm field behind us bright and early this morning.

I’am going to watch my great-nephew this morning while my niece has an appointment. So looking forward to spending time with him.

Need to get moving. Have a wonderful Friday morning everyone.

Happy Friday everyone. I am having my usual day of doing laundry.

My family drama rages on. A little while ago my aunt texted me a copy of the bill from the nursing home. It shows that my mom doesn't owe anything, but it also shows the amount that was billed to her insurance. I asked her what I was supposed to do with it and she said that she just wanted me to be aware of the cost and this was the amount my brother and I would be paying if we kept her at the nursing home. I informed her that we would have applied for Medicaid because there is no way we would have been able to pay the full amount every month. She has not responded to that. Meanwhile I was texting all of this to my brother. He told me that he had a conversation with our Aunt yesterday where he spelled out what we could and couldn't pay (and also brought up Medicaid). I feel like she is trying to play the two of us against each other. In fact, I feel like this whole thing, from the time my mom had her surgery until now, has been a carefully orchestrated ploy to try to get money from us. At this point I don't know what we can do. Mom is still of sound mind, and insists on staying where she is. We can't force her to leave.

Sorry for the long vent.

Wednesdays at ballpark yesterday. Nemo did well with reduced crowds. He got part of my hamburger at Ebbets field beforehand too-great day for baseball! Springfield Cardinals. He got on the big screen for 7th inning stretch when cameraman caught him doing a "high five" with me.
So cute that he seems to be enjoying the game. Our local team has occasional "Bark at the Park" days. We haven't been to a game in ages. We really should go sometime this summer.

As off tomorrow, will be grocery shopping and clothes shopping. Seems older one wants some more dressier shorts, so after his lunchtime final tomorrow, told him he has to do both kinds of shopping with me when he’s done.
Enjoy clothes shopping. We need to do that soon. Both B and I need shorts for our vacation.

I planned to sit up late last night, but eventually couldn`t keep my eyes open. We were watching, well I was watching Citizen Kane.....our book group`s movie choice for this time around. I had never seen it before.....which is the idea of course.....but it`s not the boring movie I thought it would be, nor is it a movie I`d choose to watch again. But, will watch the last half hour today as I was just so tired.
That's one of those classics that I feel like I should watch, but never have.

Wasn’t Scooby one of your favorite characters years back?
Add me to the Scooby fan club. I have loved that show since I was little. The last time I was at Universal I got my picture taken with the whole gang.

Charade sending hugs to sort Mum issues. Here if someone has minimal income homecare is provided by the state. Not sure what standards that is. I arranged care privately for my parents and even then was good and bad service. Glad I was there enough to be fully aware what was and wasn’t being done. Had two amazing ladies one of whom only young I still keep in touch with. Are there any services like Red Cross who might help?
Right now my mom has too much money in the bank to qualify for any assistance. Her insurance is paying for some home healthcare, but I'm not sure how much. I know she gives my aunt money each month to help cover expenses. My aunt is just being unreasonable right now. Since my brother and I were willing to try to come up with the money to keep our mom in the nursing home for another month or so (back when we thought things were worse than they are and she needed extra care) my aunt just assumes we can afford to pay her a salary. I reminded her yesterday that it was not what we agreed upon.

DIL started her maternity leave this week and DS is on leave so we went for afternoon tea on Tuesday (outside under cover) with them to a nice hotel in Prestbury. Called The Bridge it is literally on a bridge with the river running by the gardens
It all looks so good.

Son and daughter-in-law took us out yesterday evening for early Mother’s Day Celebration. The restaurant was in an old historic home that hubby had owned many years ago. It was turned into an event center a number of years ago for private dining and weddings etc...now it is a lovely quaint restaurant. The food was delicious and spending time with son, daughter-in-law and grandson was priceless. They were so thoughtful.
What a cool idea. I have no idea what we will be doing.

I just realized that I put clothes in the dryer but forgot to turn it on. This is how my brain has been functioning lately.

Days until a much needed vacation.

Last edited:
Ooh I like Scooby, watched the comics of them when I was young. I like seeing them in the parks.

Ack. Forgot to turn alarm off. No matter, I was up before it anyway. Just startled me when it went off. And so, with a quiet morning, loads of wash have been done. And decided to make some coffee instead today. Iced it, as house feels warm enough. So nice to have another day to relax more.

While we have a beautiful sunny morning so far, those summer like rain chances late afternoon and evening, and the clouds will come by lunchtime. Not summer like temp though, high is 60 today, and sigh, high tomorrow is 55. Not the temps I expect in May. But shorts will still be on. I think. Maybe start with pants tomorrow morning.

We`ve had some amazing meets with Scooby and the gang over the years in the parks and the much missed Character dining. We were lucky to meet the whole gang together in 2016 I believe for the first time......

Hope your weather picks up soon, that is cool.

View attachment 573521

View attachment 573520

So sad when folks have to be so mean......I Rembember seeing something on the Internet a few years ago about a fight breaking out between some adults at Test Track ride at WDW and they hit each other with umbrellas. It was all caught on film.

Great grab on the boarding for ROTR. Our son and daughter-in-law are going this summer. He is a big Star Wars fan. I hope they are able to get to ride it while they are there.

Nice pics.

Glad to hear you both like the ride so much. Sounds like it is going to be a favorite with the coaster riders.

Pizza looks yummy.

Congratulations on getting all the offers on your condos and parking space. Hope all things go smoothly.

There are die hard fans who do love wearing their costumes. I remember going to my first MNSSHP with my younger sister and niece and it was hotter then Blue blazes and some old fella was in a full wizard costume with a heavy robe. He appeared to be having a good time and the heat did not seem to bother him.

So sad when things go south on money issues were family is concerned. Hope things work out.

Schumi great to hear all is well and you and Tom are enjoying your walks. Hope your weather improves and the sun comes out and it warms up for you.

Been a little busy here for past few days. Finishing up last few things for Bridal Shower and helping with some wedding things.

Weather here has been a bit all over the place. Had a couple rainy days then it has been cooling down at night. It was 49 when I woke up this morning. High today will be 66. Sun is shinning :sunny: and the birds are singing so not a bad start to the day.

Even though things are wet from the rain past few days the heavy machinery was out in the farm field behind us bright and early this morning.

I’am going to watch my great-nephew this morning while my niece has an appointment. So looking forward to spending time with him.

Folks can be mean.....and it`s horrible to see and hear. I am ignoring a snarky remark myself from someone today, and quite proud of myself for ignoring the snarkiness. It`s quite funny really I guess.....lol.......Seeing things like that though, it`s hard to imagine how people can get so angry in such a happy place.

How lovely you see so much of your little gem of a great-nephew.....he does sound adorable......and he`ll love spending time with you too. They are a great joy.

That does sound a wonderful place to visit for a meal.....and yes, spending time with family is always priceless. What a lovely treat for you and so lovely they thought of it.

Our weather has been lovely mostly, but not the warmest, it could be a little better, but the sun is warm when the wind isn`t in your face. We can`t complain really as it`s still early for us and relatives around the country are getting worse than us. But, we are so enjoying all the walking.

Hope the machinery isn`t causing too many issues for you...such a shame. Have a great Friday and weekend Robbie......

Charade.....stick to your guns with this one. It does sound like it could get very unpleasant. What a shame. You have a very different system over there from us, but best wishes on it all.

Citizen Kane isn`t all it`s cracked up to be. And another scooby fan.......

Yes, walk was lovely again this morning.......and got some nice bits and bobs shopping this afternoon too. Curry is simmering away and I`m sitting at the kitchen table inhaling as I type.......

Did finish Citizen Kane for the book group choice......meh, wouldn`t watch it again.....

Time to stir and maybe sample a little.......

Found my Scooby Gang picture....it was 2015 and of course it had to be the day we were leaving the park and looked like I had been dragged though a hedge backwards! We had said no more pictures that morning, but couldn`t turn down the whole gang for the first time!

They were brilliant.....completely in character and so funny. And I was the only one there for ages, so got plenty of extra time with them.

i-s8prT5h-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Yay great nephew time for Robo. And how nice to enjoy meal with son and his family. Happy to hear getting ready for bridal shower, and hope the weather gets warmer soon. Yeah, at least I was at 57 when I posted. My 5 day forecast seems to have in the mid to low 60’s as a high weather temp.

And so, lunchtime walk, and still wearing my shades. Feels a bit cool outside with the overcast skies and light wind blowing cool feeling air. Still in shorts though. Will feel warmer as I walk fast. Now that it is still a week day, lots of trucks I hear. Will do a walk down to the little town literally down the street from me, to see what’s shaking. There’s a plant nursery that always has such pretty plants. Will see what they have out.

Home!
View attachment 573276View attachment 573277Room ready, exactly where I wanted woot. Love the walk over, so pretty. Sun is shining & raining, welcome to FL
Yeah!!!!! Are you at Royal Pacific?

Have a great day everyone!!!!View attachment 573294
Your bread looks delicious!
And fingers crossed on the job prospect! I'm sure you'll get something perfect for you!

View attachment 573293
I'm sorry you're having a tough day, but hey, hey only 16 more to go.....

View attachment 573358Woof Wednesdays at ballpark yesterday. Nemo did well with reduced crowds. He got part of my hamburger at Ebbets field beforehand too-great day for baseball! Springfield Cardinals. He got on the big screen for 7th inning stretch when cameraman caught him doing a "high five" with me.

Hope all are well!

Middle is going to submit application for scareactor for HHN.
OMG! How awesome, and such a nice looking pup! I wonder if any of our ball parks do something similar....I'd take mine!!

Hope you`re good too Monyk.......nice doggy picture and good luck for the SA interview.......

Lynne...enjoy that shopping today, hope your son manages to get what he`s looking for. Sometimes I shop and find nothing, especially if I have an idea of what I`m looking for and other times I come home with a haul of clothes....hope the stores aren`t too busy.

Another gorgeous and sunny day ahead, before rain forecast for tomorrow hits us, so will get out this morning and head down to the waterfront, although my toootsies do ache a little today. It`s nice to see all the little places opening back again ready for the summer season of tourists hopefully. And from May 17th, hopefully indoor dining will be back for all of us. Can`t wait for that.

We meet a lot of the same people walking along the front most days....one group of three older men always do the same joke almost every day how we`re regulars now....bless them, they must get together every day and walk, they must all be well into their 80`s. I tell them they won`t see if it`s bad weather as we`re wimps and they said yes, they`d noticed.....lol.....so they must walk there in most weathers.

Today, poached eggs on toast for breakfast, turkey sandwiches for lunch and Tom has requested a hot and spicy chicken curry for tonight, again, just the two of us for that dish. And hopefully a good movie after I watch the end of CK.

Tea is calling........

cv46-S.jpg

cv16-M.jpg

cv55-S.jpg

Happy Friday ahead.........😁
Underachievers, lol! Had a good chuckle on that!

Iced coffee! I love iced coffee on a hot day!!

Hello all. Done a brief catch up on the week.
Pumpkin hope your cough clears soon and retest is clear.

J’aime maternity leave varies here according to employment and length of employment. Sadly DIL had done 16 years at Virgin Atlantic but just accepted redundancy and started working in the NHS when she became pregnant so only statutory pay - would have had excellent pay from Virgin. However, she is a real hard worker and has carried on until just four weeks until due date and I rang her today and she is busy doing manicures and lashes on clients as she also does beauty treatments. I told her you need to rest now but she is happy keeping busy. She is hoping to return to work part time after 6 months as Kev and I will look after the new arrival when needed.

Monykalyn you know I catch your lovely photos already but so lucky you can take fur family to sports!

View attachment 573546View attachment 573547
Em has got a longer piece of work at the moment so we are doing all the school runs. She is currently using my car as hers was in ex’s name - so I am walking with L as J’s high school is a drive away. After court we will decide what to do about cars. I’m thinking a small camper might be fun for us but we will see what comes.

Fishy Friday take out for us tonight and a restful day tomorrow after busy early starts all week. If dry we plan some gardening.

Take care all x
Those are some beautiful plates of food!!

I'm also leaning toward fish for tonight...or pizza if I'm feeling lazy...

View attachment 573521

View attachment 573520

Nice pics.

Pizza looks yummy.

Sounds like you have a wonderful, thoughtful family!

You always talk about the little ones in your family with so much excitement and love! It's very heartwarming!

Happy Friday everyone. I am having my usual day of doing laundry.

My family drama rages on. A little while ago my aunt texted me a copy of the bill from the nursing home. It shows that my mom doesn't owe anything, but it also shows the amount that was billed to her insurance. I asked her what I was supposed to do with it and she said that she just wanted me to be aware of the cost and this was the amount my brother and I would be paying if we kept her at the nursing home. I informed her that we would have applied for medicare because there is no way we would have been able to pay the full amount every month. She has not responded to that. Meanwhile I was texting all of this to my brother. He told me that he had a conversation with our Aunt yesterday where he speeded out what we could and couldn't pay (and also brought up Medicaid). I feel like she is trying to play the two of us against each other. In fact, I feel like this whole thing, from the time my mom had her surgery until now, has been a carefully orchestrated ploy to try to get money from us. At this point I don't know what we can do. Mom is still of sound mind, and insists on staying were she is. We can't force her to leave.

Sorry for the long vent.

So cute that he seems to be enjoying the game. Our local team has occasional "Bark at the Park" days. We haven't been to a game in ages. We really should go sometime this summer.

Enjoy clothes shopping. We need to do that soon. Both B and I need shorts for our vacation.

That's one of those classics that I feel like I should watch, but never have.

Add me to the Scooby fan club. I have loved that show since I was little. The last time I was at Universal I got my picture taken with the whole gang.

Right now my mom has too much money in the bank to qualify for any assistance. Her insurance is paying for some home healthcare, but I'm not sure how much. I know she gives my aunt money each month to help cover expenses. My aunt is just being unreasonable right now. Since my brother and I were willing to try to come up with the money to keep our mom in the nursing home for another month or so (back when we thought things were worse than they are and she needed extra care) my aunt just assumes we can afford to pay her a salary. I reminded her yesterday that it was not what we agreed upon.

It all looks so good.

What a cool idea. I have no idea what we will be doing.

I just realized that I put clothes in the dryer but forgot to turn it on. This is how my brain has been functioning lately.

Days until a much needed vacation.

View attachment 573620
I'm sorry your aunt is not being the best team player for your mom. Hopefully the situation will improve soon.

Weird fact about me....I love the smell of phosphorous, like when lighting a match!

We`ve had some amazing meets with Scooby and the gang over the years in the parks and the much missed Character dining. We were lucky to meet the whole gang together in 2016 I believe for the first time......

Hope your weather picks up soon, that is cool.

Folks can be mean.....and it`s horrible to see and hear. I am ignoring a snarky remark myself from someone today, and quite proud of myself for ignoring the snarkiness. It`s quite funny really I guess.....lol.......Seeing things like that though, it`s hard to imagine how people can get so angry in such a happy place.

How lovely you see so much of your little gem of a great-nephew.....he does sound adorable......and he`ll love spending time with you too. They are a great joy.

That does sound a wonderful place to visit for a meal.....and yes, spending time with family is always priceless. What a lovely treat for you and so lovely they thought of it.

Our weather has been lovely mostly, but not the warmest, it could be a little better, but the sun is warm when the wind isn`t in your face. We can`t complain really as it`s still early for us and relatives around the country are getting worse than us. But, we are so enjoying all the walking.

Hope the machinery isn`t causing too many issues for you...such a shame. Have a great Friday and weekend Robbie......

Charade.....stick to your guns with this one. It does sound like it could get very unpleasant. What a shame. You have a very different system over there from us, but best wishes on it all.

Citizen Kane isn`t all it`s cracked up to be. And another scooby fan.......

Yes, walk was lovely again this morning.......and got some nice bits and bobs shopping this afternoon too. Curry is simmering away and I`m sitting at the kitchen table inhaling as I type.......

Did finish Citizen Kane for the book group choice......meh, wouldn`t watch it again.....

Time to stir and maybe sample a little.......

Found my Scooby Gang picture....it was 2015 and of course it had to be the day we were leaving the park and looked like I had been dragged though a hedge backwards! We had said no more pictures that morning, but couldn`t turn down the whole gang for the first time!

They were brilliant.....completely in character and so funny. And I was the only one there for ages, so got plenty of extra time with them.

i-s8prT5h-X2.jpg
Classic Florida photo....all sweaty from the heat and humidity. We've all got them, lol! Great picture with the gang!

And in the Scooby Doo spirit, here is one of me and DD with just Scooby from 2 years ago.

Happy Friday! Another week is ending, and another weekend is on tap.
Treated myself to a manicure today. Went with 2 shades of blue this time.
I need to run a couple errands this afternoon, and then take the dogs for a walk.
Hope everyone has a great day!

I’m just now catching up on the sans and thought I had sent the post to Robbie much earlier

Lori, Janet is a HRH fan
Guessing she is sitting by the pool right now having liquid refreshments with her hunk

Robbie no more cats in the attic thank goodness
Miss bluer is behaving today

Lynne we all love Scooby too!

Schumi, I have no ideas why snarky peeps do that
Maybe it’s due to jealousy.

Lynne awesome shot of the Scooby group

I think I am missing a shout out to some of the homies here
So for those I did not address a comment, sending you all $5........573743

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter